PDA

View Full Version : ololololol Wal-Mart

Scythe Death
06-17-2008, 03:29 PM
Do you know if the "exclusive edited version" of RAFRAG that Wal-Mart sells is censored?

If the song is "Dance______Dance", I'm not buying the album. Unfortunately for me, there's no other place where I can get music in this shitty town.

Tijs
06-17-2008, 03:31 PM
You have internet, use it! Order the album online.

Rutegard
06-17-2008, 03:31 PM
Do you know if the "exclusive edited version" of RAFRAG that Wal-Mart sells is censored?

If the song is "Dance______Dance", I'm not buying the album. Unfortunately for me, there's no other place where I can get music in this shitty town.

sorry don't know....but censoring the whole CD is pretty weird don't you think?...

Capricorn4
06-17-2008, 03:32 PM
Censoring the lyrics totally ruins the experience,they can't do that

Conspiracyof1000
06-17-2008, 03:33 PM
Wal-Mart is a LIE! We called them yesterday and they said they had RAFRAG. Then we go there today and they don't have it. :mad:
I got it in the end, so it's all good. :cool:
And yeah, censorship is stupid. What happened to freedom of speech? How hard is it to monitor what your kids listen to?

Little_Miss_1565
06-17-2008, 03:33 PM
sorry don't know....but censoring the whole CD is pretty weird don't you think?...

It is pretty weird, but they do it all the time.

Rutegard
06-17-2008, 03:35 PM

huum...i have never bought any offspring cd censored...that's why it is so strange to me

Scythe Death
06-17-2008, 03:35 PM
You have internet, use it! Order the album online.

No credit card, and I have no one to lend me one that doesn't think that buying stuff in the internet is equivalent to selling your soul to Satan.

@Rutegard: They censored Splinter, although it was just a couple of words like "fuck." They sometimes simply just change the word, which could be just as annoying. Why the fuck do they censor these things?

tylercosgrove1989
06-17-2008, 03:36 PM

Yeah because lyrics with foul language are damaging to children's minds. Yet they still sell unedited rated "R" movies. The catch is that you have to show ID at the checkout. Why can't they just do the same thing with the music...?

Scythe Death
06-17-2008, 03:38 PM
Yeah because lyrics with foul language are damaging to children's minds. Yet they still sell unedited rated "R" movies. The catch is that you have to show ID at the checkout. Why can't they just do the same thing with the music...?

It's more like for small little kids that want to be cool the clean way. I still don't know why they'd censor Mudvayne, however...

Scythe Death
06-17-2008, 03:48 PM
Fuck you guys,

Conspiracyof1000
06-17-2008, 03:51 PM
Fuck you guys,

I'm sorry I pissed you off. :(

IamSam
06-17-2008, 03:52 PM
I've been curious...with censoring songs...how do you censor a song like The Bad Touch by The Bloodhound Gang?

Sweat baby, sweat baby...

Conspiracyof1000
06-17-2008, 03:56 PM
I've been curious...with censoring songs...how do you censor a song like The Bad Touch by The Bloodhound Gang?

Sweat baby, sweat baby...

I've heard that on the radio several times. It's ridiculous.

Little_Miss_1565
06-17-2008, 04:00 PM
@Rutegard: They censored Splinter, although it was just a couple of words like "fuck." They sometimes simply just change the word, which could be just as annoying. Why the fuck do they censor these things?

They sell so many CDs, or at least have in the past (because in so many towns, such as yours, they and Best Buy are the only music retailers around), that they can basically bully everyone into giving them what they want--that is to say, censored lyrics. Rock music is the tool of the devil after all, remember.

Fuck you guys,

People were legitimately trying to help you, but feel free to shit on them anyway.

Free?
06-17-2008, 04:17 PM
Censoring rock albums is pretty retarded way to protect children from mature language. Do they really think that would help? The only way to keep your child "clean" is to keep him closed at home without any school and media except tele-tubies and such things. A perfect way to make your child maniac or imbicile. :)

nieh
06-17-2008, 04:31 PM
They sell so many CDs, or at least have in the past (because in so many towns, such as yours, they and Best Buy are the only music retailers around), that they can basically bully everyone into giving them what they want--that is to say, censored lyrics. Rock music is the tool of the devil after all, remember.

Yeah, I read recently that Wal-Mart is the biggest distributor of cds in the nation, whereas Apple is the largest music retailer in general. It's kind of sad that so many people are choosing those places since Wal-Mart censors everything, and don't songs downloaded from iTunes come at like 128bitrate? The Best Buys around here are surprisingly the best chain I've come across (aside from Tower which was way overpriced and is no longer in business) in regards to music selection. I normally check Tunes, the local indie place, before I go there but it's where I ended up finding a lot of stuff I didn't expect to. They don't force censorship or anything either which is nice.

StayInTheHouseCarl
06-17-2008, 04:38 PM
just never step foot into a wal-mart.

problem solved.

Homer
06-17-2008, 04:48 PM
So, are you saying that I shouldn't buy Fear's The Record from Wal-Mart?

dff_punk
06-17-2008, 05:20 PM
Oh fuck, they even censored "You're offering h_____bs that I refuse" there, now that's not a completely trustworthy market! :p

Conspiracyof1000
06-17-2008, 06:58 PM
Oh fuck, they even censored "You're offering h_____bs that I refuse" there, now that's not a completely trustworthy market! :p

He he he ha. :)

SkunkIt
06-17-2008, 07:46 PM

I work at walmart, i never dare buy a CD from there being a musician myself and knowing about this for a very long time. I only buy crappy generic rock cd's, opera CD's or Micheal Bolton CD's as birthday gifts for my parents from there. I even go elsewhere to buy shitty rap CD's for my brother but knowing my parents don't listen to music with any swearing, walmart will do since I work there and go shopping after work if I have to.

just never step foot into a wal-mart.

problem solved.

Listen to him.

Scythe Death
06-17-2008, 08:00 PM
People were legitimately trying to help you, but feel free to shit on them anyway.

Not really. By calling you "guys" I'm being more casual with you people, which means I'm grateful. I'm just kidding.

Anyways, my concern was true. The album is censored. I just got back from piece of shit establishment, and I am currently listening to Half-Truism in my PC, but I skipped through the pamphlet, and it's "Dance, F____ Dance." What a discouragement besides the fact the this is their poppiest album. I bought it at least, so don't complain.

Scythe Death
06-17-2008, 08:04 PM
I work at walmart, i never dare buy a CD from there being a musician myself and knowing about this for a very long time. I only buy crappy generic rock cd's, opera CD's or Micheal Bolton CD's as birthday gifts for my parents from there. I even go elsewhere to buy shitty rap CD's for my brother but knowing my parents don't listen to music with any swearing, walmart will do since I work there and go shopping after work if I have to.

Listen to him.

Heh, I bought "Death Grip on Yesterday" by Atreyu before they had sold out, and it was not censored. I guess it's just big label albums that they censor. So far of the albums I've bought there, the following are censored:

-"Avenged Sevenfold" ~Avenged Sevenfold (which happens to be another sellout.)
-"Lost and Found" ~Mudvayne
-"Splinter" ~The Offspring

Still, if they have of the old albums from metalcore bands, they're probably not censored.

I'm listening to "You're Gonna Go Far Kid," and the censor sounds more like "f__ker", so it's not that bad.

Conspiracyof1000
06-17-2008, 08:06 PM
Don't feel bad. I have the censored version of Splinter. I never knew Wal-Mart did that until I played the CD.

Llamas
06-17-2008, 08:37 PM
I pre-ordered Splinter from the band's website, and it showed up as the clean version. I was so pissed.

Walmart is stupid in general. Edited CDs, edited DVDs... plus the place just makes me claustrophobic. I go to Target over Walmart, though now that all Targets are becoming Super Targets, I tend to even want to go there less.

So I've been buying things from places that specialize... CDs from Best Buy or Cheapo, toilet paper from Walgreens... etc. I got RFRG from Best Buy today for $10 :)

StayInTheHouseCarl
06-17-2008, 09:55 PM
Listen to him.

Her, actually. :rolleyes:

Cock Joke
06-17-2008, 10:12 PM
I once knew a gay guy who ended up working at Wal-Mart!

I keep hearing some pretty evil things about that place. They treat their employees horribly, they take whatever money you earned in a lawsuit, the whole censoring thing, and some stuff made by Asian slave children. I am not sure how tru that is.

Scythe Death
06-17-2008, 10:14 PM

I keep hearing some pretty evil things about that place. They treat their employees horribly, they take whatever money you earned in a lawsuit, the whole censoring thing, and some stuff made by Asian slave children. I am not sure how tru that is.

The funny thing is that I just failed an application assessment in there. Those fags asked for honesty.

nieh
06-17-2008, 10:16 PM
You know if you have a bank account you can order things online without having to use a credit card.

The Search Button
06-18-2008, 02:09 AM
**** Wal-Mart!

Ptit Seb
06-18-2008, 04:46 AM
huum...i have never bought any offspring cd censored...that's why it is so strange to me

yeah that's because you live in europe, no fucking censored versions here :d

Jojan
06-18-2008, 04:59 AM
Ramones - Censorshit

Tipper, what's that sticker sticking on my CD?
Is that some kind of warning to protect me?
Freedom of choice needs a stronger, stronger voice.
You can stamp out the source, but you
can't stop creative thoughts.

Ah, Tipper come on, ain't you been getting it on?
Ask Ozzie, Zappa or me.
We'll show you what it's like to be free.

Ah, Tipper come on, it's just a smoke
screen for the real problems.
S&L deficit, the homeless, the environment.

Hey, hey all you senators wives.
Better take a good look at your
own lives.
Before you go preaching to me.
You're definitions of obscenity.

Ask Ozzie, Zappa or me.

The irony it semes it seems to me
it's un-American policy.
Yeah, we'e come so far but still only to
find people like you with ignorant minds.

Ask Ozzie, Zappa or me.

Ah, Tipper come on, it's just a smoke
screen for the real problems.
S&L deficit, the homeless, the environment

Rutegard
06-18-2008, 05:12 AM
that song must rock

Rutegard
06-18-2008, 05:13 AM
yeah that's because you live in europe, no fucking censored versions here :d

aaawww now for the first time...living in europe sounds great lol

Camilamazed
06-18-2008, 05:34 AM
Sad but true..

No censorship in Brazil because they must assume we're too stupid to read/understand the lyrics.

Little_Miss_1565
06-18-2008, 08:45 AM
Wal-Mart censors because they are a Christian supremacist organization, not because they think Europeans or Brazilians are "too stupid," Camila.

06-18-2008, 08:49 AM
Wal-Mart censors because they are a Christian supremacist organization, not because they think Europeans or Brazilians are "too stupid," Camila.

Fuck Christian Supremacy. :rolleyes:

Rutegard
06-18-2008, 08:56 AM

yeah FUCK! fuck it up!!

Rooster
06-18-2008, 09:08 AM
Keep god outta this forum! he can have other 1327487875958 forums!

Rutegard
06-18-2008, 09:09 AM
Keep god outta this forum! he can have other 1327487875958 forums!

yeah he's too busy right now!

ad8
06-18-2008, 09:17 AM
Something Wal-Mart this way comes:D

Rooster
06-18-2008, 09:23 AM
Now let's pray:

Our wal-mart,
censored be thy name,...

:D

Jojan
06-18-2008, 11:19 AM

"Biblical weather"

Dragnet
06-18-2008, 11:26 AM
cool thread title... if you're 5 years old

Omni
06-18-2008, 11:35 AM

Well, I work at Wal-Mart, and none of that shit goes on in my store. Our management rocks.

And also, I buy my music from Hastings. They have a bigger selection, also. I've seen like three copies of the Offspring's first album, the one with Kill the President. Of course it was used, but hey. They have 'em all.

Scythe Death
06-18-2008, 12:30 PM
cool thread title... if you're 5 years old

What are you? 13?

Hey, look, Dragnet here is all grown up.

Dragnet
06-18-2008, 01:01 PM
What are you? 13?

Hey, look, Dragnet here is all grown up.

*presents himself to the audience*

Thank you very much, me is grown up lolllllolol

Just kidding man, it's just hard to figure out what threads are about when people choose those kind of titles, don't you think?

findout5
06-18-2008, 01:53 PM
Wal-mart is so gay! lol