PDA

View Full Version : Going To Cover All Of Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace

BigFish
06-17-2008, 10:54 PM
I just got the CD today and I have about 8 of the songs learned fairly well. I already have covers of Hammerhead, Half-Truism and You're Gonna Go Far, Kid up. I plan to have the rest of the CD covered soon. If there are any particular ones you guys would like to hear sooner than later, let me know.

As of now, the songs don't have vocals, but it's kind of hard for me to record the vocals because the program I use has like a .5 second delay when I add another track so it's really difficult to do the timing. And, it's really difficult for me to record both my voice and guitar at the same time because I only have 1 microphone and one might override the other. But, if you guys are interested enough in it, I could try to add vocals.

Just take a listen to the 3 I have up already please and let me know if there's anything you'd like to hear soon. And before anyone asks, yes, I can almost perfectly do the fast part in Stuff Is Messed Up ;)

The songs are here at http://www.myspace.com/bigfishdoesmusic

Motaboy80
06-17-2008, 11:23 PM
Yeah Good work! Nice palm muting!

Iīm also planning to play most of songs from Rafrag, but i will put own drums in it too. nīdouble guitar for sure. :)

medi01
06-18-2008, 01:55 AM
but i thought u sed the offspring ripped the songs off you?

BigFish
06-18-2008, 12:43 PM
Alright please don't come in my thread to be a dickhead. If you don't have something constructive to say, don't fucking say anything at all. Thanks.

Free?
06-18-2008, 01:03 PM
Well.. It will be alot easier to cover Trust In You since you originally came up with the same riffs by yourself, right ? :p

Gustavo
06-18-2008, 02:54 PM
...And before anyone asks, yes, I can almost perfectly do the fast part in Stuff Is Messed Up ;)

Oh, Gosh, you must be good! :confused:

Gustavo
06-18-2008, 02:56 PM
Are you going to put the drums and the bass too?

Gustavo
06-18-2008, 02:58 PM
It seems like you're putting only the guitar over the original songs in some songs, can't you just make all by yourself? no original song part.
I'd be nicer

medi01
06-18-2008, 03:01 PM
Alright please don't come in my thread to be a dickhead. If you don't have something constructive to say, don't fucking say anything at all. Thanks.

...well i cud have sworn that u sed that offspring stole 'trust in you' from you...perhaps they stole the whole album off u....its perfectly feasable

Rutegard
06-18-2008, 03:32 PM
Well.. It will be alot easier to cover Trust In You since you originally came up with the same riffs by yourself, right ? :p

eheheheh

very funny

BigFish
06-18-2008, 04:13 PM
It seems like you're putting only the guitar over the original songs in some songs, can't you just make all by yourself? no original song part.
I'd be nicer

Well, at the moment I don't really have a good program to do multiple tracks with or I would. The only program I have has about a .5 second delay to it when doing the other tracks so it really throws me off and I get off time. I'm just working on guitar right now anyways. After I feel I have a good grasp on that I'll start on Bass and then maybe Drums. The bass should be fairly easy considering it's usually the root of the power chords played. Drums, I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to record those because I have a not so good microphone and a very subpar drum set.

And to the other two pricks who are coming in here and talking shit...It's enough. I posted before about my song having similarities to Trust In You. Never once did I say they stole it from me, and it wasn't 100% alike. So please...fuck off. It's old now, I'm tired of hearing about it. I guess I shouldn't have said anything, but that was my mistake. So please, quit. Thanks.

If anyone else has something thats productive to say, I more than welcome it.

IamSam
06-18-2008, 06:30 PM
God some of you guys are dicks.

BigFish
06-18-2008, 06:45 PM
My cover of Nothingtown is now up on the site. Please check it out and let me know what you think. I'm thinking Takes Me Nowhere is coming up next. It'll prolly be up tomorrow.

http://www.myspace.com/bigfishdoesmusic

Selfesteem_
06-18-2008, 07:03 PM
I much prefer the offsprings versions of 'your' songs :D

icklebabygremlin
06-18-2008, 07:12 PM
its ok,
Nothingtown is the best

BigFish
06-19-2008, 01:43 AM
I much prefer the offsprings versions of 'your' songs :D

I'm guessing you're another one trying to be funny?

BigFish
06-19-2008, 03:56 PM
better being funny than being a big dick who claim the offspring stole 'trust in you' from you

Once again...I never said they stole it from me. I said it was insanely similiar and I was actually happy about it. So please, shut the fuck up. Leave me alone, stay out of my thread. I don't want anymore stupid bullshit filling this up.

Rafa88offspring
06-19-2008, 07:10 PM
I just recorded a Half-Truism cover with guitars, drums, bass and vox. But I might warn you, I'm not much of a drummer, I've been only playing for like 6 months. And sadly, and I'm not being a showoff, I'm not a bad singer at all, but I always fuck up when I try to cover Offspring, I just can't do the same Dexter does and my vocal range is pretty wide.

Half-Truism (http://www.myspace.com/88rafa88)

any other singers around here that agree? I mean Dexter usually sings high, but his voice doesn't sound like idk Geddy Lee or something, it sounds somewhere in the mid range. Weird stuff, any tips on that are welcome :)

Selfesteem_
06-19-2008, 07:13 PM
I'm guessing you're another one trying to be funny?

I wasnt trying!!

chriiis
06-19-2008, 08:40 PM
I can record the bass of some songs :)

medi01
06-20-2008, 02:53 AM
Once again...I never said they stole it from me. I said it was insanely similiar and I was actually happy about it. So please, shut the fuck up. Leave me alone, stay out of my thread. I don't want anymore stupid bullshit filling this up.

hahahaha....gd joke

BigFish
06-20-2008, 05:42 PM
Seriously..please stop. I'm not talking about how bad your Nothingtown cover is.