PDA

View Full Version : so i bought rise and fall(art issue)

Kviper
06-18-2008, 06:42 PM
ripped it to windows media player so i can put it on my MP3 player. the album art doesnt show :(

RODNEYMULLEN
06-18-2008, 07:41 PM
ripped it to windows media player so i can put it on my MP3 player. the album art doesnt show :(

go find a picture of the cover, then find the album in your media library and right click where there is no artwork and click past artwork here.

Jojan
06-19-2008, 03:34 AM
Windows Media Player suck.

IamSam
06-19-2008, 04:02 AM

I had the same issue on iTunes and I just followed what RM said to do.

slade
06-19-2008, 04:45 AM
The artwork doesn't come up anyway. Not unless you have an iTunes account i think.

You just look up the cover yourself and paste it into iTunes.

IamSam
06-19-2008, 04:53 AM
The artwork doesn't come up anyway. Not unless you have an iTunes account i think.

If you import the CD, it should as it accesses its database. However, it didn't. It got all the song names and the title of the CD, but struck out on artwork.

Hyper nova
06-19-2008, 05:07 AM

I had the same issue on iTunes and I just followed what RM said to do.

Both of you are right Windows Media Player does suck. But not for the reason above.

No media player in the world that rips music from CDs will ever place the artwork into the metadata of an MP3 or the track names or anything for that mater, except "Track 1" "Track 2" etc. The CD that you rip the music from Does not contain that information and as such the media placer has no idea either. Only when you combine the information from the internet and the CDs "fingerprint" (ie each CD has a unique set of track lengths) Can you get metadata including artwork. But not all databases contain artwork and often you have to get that from a separate source to get the Artwork.
For example iTunes first gets the info about the album from Gracenotes Database (this is a third party site) surprisingly not info on iTunes, presumably because iTunes doesn't contain every commercially Album but Gracenotes does. However Gracenotes does not have the artwork information and once it get that it sends the album information (artist's and album's name, again surprisingly it doesn't use the "fingerprint") to iTunes and gets the artwork, this will only work if it finds an exact match. Which is a problem since Gracenotes is a third party its database isn't necessarily the same as the iTunes Store. In the Case of Rise and Fall, Gracenotes had it down as "Rise & Fall, Rage & Grace" not the same as iTunes store "Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace".And as Such this means that the Artwork does not populate.

I had the same problem but understanding the process I just changed the album title to the correct title (pff "&" hate that, silly bastards) and then resent the Artwork request and bingo.

Can't vouch for WMP but I'm sure its a similar process

If all else fails you always have the trusty Drag and Drop/manual technique for adding artwork. Amazon's or Walmart's website I find pretty good for Artwork or Google Image Search

Hyper nova
06-19-2008, 05:10 AM

I don't think you have to have an account (I do and it didn't come up but my reissue of Smash did because it was just called Smash) its just the Album name doesn't equal that on the iTunes store ie "Rise & Fall, Rage & Grace" doesn't Match "Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace"

Jesus
06-19-2008, 05:30 AM
The CD that you rip the music from Does not contain that information and as such the media placer has no idea either.
Sure it does, just put RAFRAG in a cd player that can show info. For instance my cd player in my car lists the bands name 'The Offspring', The title of the album (RAFRAG) and then the name of each track as it plays.

The CD does contain the info, it's just that media players and itunes on your pc get their info from somewhere else ;).

camilo andres
06-19-2008, 08:47 AM
the album art doesnt show :(

Insert the front cover image in the folder created by the windows media, I mean the one where the RAFRAG songs are, and then rename the image as "Folder", I guess it'll work.