PDA

View Full Version : Only positive opinions about rafrag allowed??

thrice170487
06-19-2008, 05:59 AM
After being on this board for some time and watching things going on here i have to say that a huge amount of members is really intolerant and small minded when it comes to other peoples opinion about the new album.

Especially when somebodys first post isn't: "Wooooohhhhhh, new album totally fucking rocks!!!! Omfg"

So..do you think only people who like the new album should register???

Personally I really like the new album but totally have no problem with people who like the offspring but not this album. And why the hell shouldn't they tell this community about it, cause they are still fans.

I really hate this lack of tolarance here....

The Search Button
06-19-2008, 06:03 AM
mmm, I guess I'll create a thread about intolerance towards intolerants.

See ya there.

ad8
06-19-2008, 06:07 AM
Well, I dislike parts of the album and still don't get flamed for it. But if someone apparently just registers on here to make a thread saying THE OFFSPRING ARE NOT ORIGINAL, then I can understand that it pisses people off. I mean, this is a forum for the fans, and fans usually like the band. Flaming is not a good answer, but after several threads like that "THE OFFSPRING ARENT ORIGINAL"-thread, I can understand that people are angry.

thrice170487
06-19-2008, 06:15 AM
"THE OFFSPRING ARENT ORIGINAL"-thread, I can understand that people are angry.

Ok...except this thread...i can't understand it too

But if someones first post criticizes the new album even in a constructive way the first replies are something like:

"allright fuck u and leave"
"Why do u register to bitch about the band"
and so on

thats been my point

Rooster
06-19-2008, 06:30 AM
I have no problem with constructive opinions, but i HATE people who are ONLY bitching about the album and people who aren't even fans of the band (starter of that thread about unoriginality of The Offspring) who register ONLY for making negative posts about the band they never even liked.

Rooster
06-19-2008, 06:32 AM
Ok...except this thread...i can't understand it too

But if someones first post criticizes the new album even in a constructive way the first replies are something like:

"allright fuck u and leave"
"Why do u register to bitch about the band"
and so on

thats been my point

I see your point, but this is a fan forum, so you should expect something like that to happen;)

Johnny Birdbrook
06-19-2008, 06:33 AM
just take a look into the "anybody don't like the new album?" thread, and you will face a lot of intolerant posts.

and thats really annpying, since this guy just wanted to know, if the album also has some bad tracks on it.

thrice170487
06-19-2008, 06:38 AM
I have no problem with constructive opinions, but i HATE people who are ONLY bitching about the album and people who aren't even fans of the band (starter of that thread about unoriginality of The Offspring) who register ONLY for making negative posts about the band they never even liked.

Right...

Just wanted to say that fans should be able to share their dissapointment (If they are) whitout getting flamed...

Rooster
06-19-2008, 06:51 AM
Right...

Just wanted to say that fans should be able to share their dissapointment (If they are) whitout getting flamed...

I know what you were trying to say, fans SHOULD be allowed to express their opinions. But some fans express their point of view in a way that it looks like THEY would try to flame everyone who like the album ("this CD is pure craaap, you are a crazy fanboy for listening it" and so on...) and that's just as wrong as flaming the dissapointed fans who express their opinion in the right way.

Drums beating in my Heart
06-19-2008, 07:14 AM
And every time they make a new thread!!!
That is what annoys me... I don't read them anymore...

Little_Miss_1565
06-19-2008, 07:52 AM
Don't be daft. Seriously.

This is a fan forum and no one has to justify why they're enthusiastic.

Likewise, because this is a fan forum no one should expect to come on here, rip the album a new asshole, and not get shit for it.

If you have constructive criticism, or if you can voice your profound disappointment in a way that maintains respect and decorum, fire away.

jacknife737
06-19-2008, 03:08 PM
Exactly, this is GENERAL OFFSPRING DISCUSSION, where fans from around the globe come together to discuss one of their favourite bands. So don't act surprised/throw a hissy-fit every time someone gets annoyed when you are negative towards the band. No one is saying that you have to like the album, but when I see people who sign up and all 5 of their posts are bashing RAFRAG, I cannot help but roll my eyes, like did you really sign up to trash the album? If so thatís pretty pathetic.

Drafan
06-19-2008, 03:15 PM
And every time they make a new thread!!!
That is what annoys me... I don't read them anymore...

Thats it. You have to learn and respect the rules. BBS has got more than 18.000 thousand members, but what members. :confused:

Little_Miss_1565
06-19-2008, 03:20 PM
Also, if someone is being abusive towards someone else who posted a perfectly reasonable and constructive critique, use the little report button and call Tijs and I. That ain't cool.

HeadAroundU
06-19-2008, 03:21 PM
rip the album a new asshole
LOL! 84U

IamSam
06-19-2008, 04:07 PM
There are only a few times people piss me off with their negativity on the new album.

1. The "OMFG!! I'M TRU PUNX AND THIS SUX!1!" Person: These people come onto the board to complain that the new album doesn't sound like Ignition or Smash, erasing from their minds that the band has four albums out after Smash that show a level of change over time. These are the type of people who most remind me of small children in KMart who want a toy and their parents say no. They then fall on the floor and begin to throw a fit because they think they deserve something.

2. The "OMG THE OFFSPRING RIP PEOPLE OFF!1!" Person: Bands get influences from all over the place, The Offspring being no different. What? You expect that Smash/Ignition/ST didn't sound like other punk rock bands from earlier? Now that they've written something different for a change it seems people seem to pick up the similarities between music better...now that it isn't all power chords.

3. The "I'M A FREAKING MORON AND MY ARGUMENT SUCKS!1!" Person: This person only says the album sucks and then gives some stupid bullshit excuse for not liking it because of either options one or two from above (or both) and then goes on to say that they did find the first half to be ok. They make no logical sense and have more holes in their argument than the Titanic.

Also, to a lesser extent, I despise people who register on a FAN FORUM to post negative posts and expect to be welcomed with open arms. Bullshit. We all have songs that we don't like and air it with constructive criticism, but don't just register to bash the album. That's bush.

F@ BANKZ
06-19-2008, 04:26 PM
Most people on this board have been tolerant. I've hardly seen any ripping, all of what I have seen either came from juniors or was perfectly due. If one puts reasonable criticisms up, in a sensible way, then it is very unlikely that they will be attacked.

malibu43
06-19-2008, 04:54 PM
There is a double standard that exists, though. People post a lot of extreme things in favor of the Offspring (ie -"other band" sucks and Offspring are the best in the world, or whatever offspring song is great because it is awesome...) with little or nothing to back the claim up, and they get a thumbs up and "you're totally right!" On the other hand, someone will post a critique or complaint with maybe not a perfect justification, but at least an attempted one, and people will jump all over them.

Of course, like Little Miss said, this is an Offspring forum and so it is to be expected that most people will be in favor of the Offspring and they're opinions will be more widely accepted without any issues.

But for me personally, I find the extremely (and sometimes far fetched), un-backed-up, pro-Offspring comments to be more annoying than the negative comments. Sometimes I get the feeling based on what people say that Dexter Holland could crap on a blank CD, and they would call it the best album ever. That is just me...

Cock Joke
06-19-2008, 04:55 PM
It's not the fact that they hate the new album, it's their bullshit reasons and obnoxiousness behind it. That's my take on things.

Selfesteem_
06-19-2008, 05:01 PM
I see your point, but this is a fan forum, so you should expect something like that to happen;)

Yeah totally agree with ya!! I can understand if people within this community dont like the album or whatever the case may be, but its just annoying to see someone (in this case 2 tossers) who sign up to do nothing else but slag off the band.

malibu43
06-19-2008, 05:21 PM
Yeah totally agree with ya!! I can understand if people within this community dont like the album or whatever the case may be, but its just annoying to see someone (in this case 2 tossers) who sign up to do nothing else but slag off the band.

I think it depends on how they "slag off" the band. It is possible that there are huge Offspring fans out there that have never come on the boards before. Maybe they bought the latest album and are so dissapointed with it, they want to come discuss it with other fans of the band. I think that should be totally welcome here. Of course they need to do a good job with their complaint and not just post "new album sux. Offspring sold out..." or something like that. But a well thought out criticism or complaint should be just as welcome as a praise for a first post.

Unnatural Disaster
06-19-2008, 06:29 PM
I actually have seen more bitching and complaining than people overly praising this album.

thrice170487
06-20-2008, 01:06 AM
I think it depends on how they "slag off" the band. It is possible that there are huge Offspring fans out there that have never come on the boards before. Maybe they bought the latest album and are so dissapointed with it, they want to come discuss it with other fans of the band. I think that should be totally welcome here. Of course they need to do a good job with their complaint and not just post "new album sux. Offspring sold out..." or something like that. But a well thought out criticism or complaint should be just as welcome as a praise for a first post.

EXACTLY!!:D

And again...Personally I love the new album:D:D

Rutegard
06-20-2008, 03:29 AM
mmm, I guess I'll create a thread about intolerance towards intolerants.

See ya there.

good point peer