PDA

View Full Version : "You're Gonna Go Far, Kid" as new single?

Alex101
06-19-2008, 02:32 PM
Any word on whether it's true that "You're Gonna Go Far, Kid" will be the second single? First I thought "Kristy, Are You Doing Okay?" was supposed to be the follow-up to "Hammerhead", but now I guess the rumor from a few weeks ago appears to be false. I've recently been listening to KROQ online and they've been playing "You're Gonna Go Far, Kid". So, I wonder if it will be a single? KROQ.com (http://www.kroq-data.com/music/whatsnew.asp) also lists that song on the What's New list.

To those who want to help expand the song's article on Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You're_Gonna_Go_Far,_Kid), you better hurry because the article's about to be deleted. Those stupid article deleters, they're morons and I don't believe them.

drex878
06-19-2008, 02:34 PM
I hope it's the next single. It's really taken off on itunes. It's the band's top downloaded song, and its reached the top 100 downloaded songs list.

HeadAroundU
06-19-2008, 02:35 PM
Both, Kid and Kristy will be singles. You don't have to be a genius to notice that.

crrrN
06-19-2008, 02:35 PM
Yea it is the second single.

adombomb222
06-19-2008, 02:36 PM
Now I know that kristy, Are You Doing Ok? seems to most of us as the next single. But when i bought my Rise And Fall, Rage And Grace album it had one of those stickers on it saying "Featuring: Hammerhead & You're Gonna Go Far, Kid". That in its self makes me think You're Gonna Go Far, Kid will be their next single because those stickers always have the titles of the singles. Just a though.

Guess it was worth a new thread...

Tonza
06-19-2008, 02:37 PM
At least in my album cover there is a sticker which says "the new album including: HAMMERHEAD & YOU'RE GONNA GO FAR, KID"

So i guess it's pretty sure we'll have a nice summer hit!

Rutegard
06-19-2008, 02:40 PM
kristy is a bad choice...for a single...

The Search Button
06-19-2008, 02:41 PM
Something tells me that this single is Gonna Go Far.

Rutegard
06-19-2008, 02:44 PM
Something tells me that this single is Gonna Go Far.

oh yeah LOOOl

HeadAroundU
06-19-2008, 02:49 PM
kristy is a bad choice...for a single...
Ah, again, your brain is lying to you! :d Kristy alone will make the album a couple of times platinum. Good that you don't work for Sony.

drex878
06-19-2008, 02:53 PM
In my opinion, here's the possible singles for RAFRAG:
- Half-Truism
- You're Gonna Go Far, Kid
- A Lot Like Me
- Kristy, Are You Doing Okay?
- Nothingtown
- Fix You

HeadAroundU
06-19-2008, 03:01 PM
/\ Switch Nothingtown with Stuff's Messed Up.

Alex101
06-19-2008, 03:01 PM
Both, Kid and Kristy will be singles. You don't have to be a genius to notice that.

So, which one is first? "You're Gonna Go Far, Kid" or "Kristy, Are You Doing Okay"?

Jack-UK
06-19-2008, 03:03 PM
/\ Switch Nothingtown with Stuff's Messed Up.
I say keep Nothingtown, its a GREAT summer hit!

And switch Fix You with Stuff's Messed Up! :cool: Dont want two slow singles :(

HeadAroundU
06-19-2008, 03:04 PM
So, which one is first? "You're Gonna Go Far, Kid" or "Kristy, Are You Doing Okay"?
Well, you must be a genius to know that. :D

Alex101
06-19-2008, 03:12 PM
Well, you must be a genius to know that. :D
I'm gonna say "You're Gonna Go Far, Kid", since KROQ's been playing that song lately. "Kristy, Are You Doing Okay" hasn't been played on the radio yet I know that much.

HeadAroundU
06-19-2008, 03:16 PM
I say keep Nothingtown, its a GREAT summer hit!

And switch Fix You with Stuff's Messed Up! :cool: Dont want two slow singles :(
I don't think so.

Fix You should be at least radio single.

jacknife737
06-19-2008, 03:19 PM
Its 99.1% happening that Kid is the next single.

They'll probably pick a slower track, most likely Kristy as the third single.

Although i can seriously see Half-Truism, Nothingtown, Fix You, and Stuff is Messed Up as singles.

BigFish
06-19-2008, 04:23 PM
I think You're Gonna Go Far, Kid would make a good single. Even though I know it'll never happen, I'd really like to see a single for Takes Me Nowhere. It always seems my favorite songs of an album are never the singles :(

This has been a theme for me since Conspiracy of One. I wanted Denial, Revisited. Then on Splinter I wanted Race Against Myself. Now I want Takes Me Nowhere, even though I know it's not gonna happen :(

At least TKAA was a single =]

dff_punk
06-19-2008, 04:32 PM
"Kid" is gonna do great. Everyone will be singing "dance fucker dance", even little children, and then here comes the lawsuit from Mothers Against Offspring:D

Moose
06-19-2008, 08:44 PM
kroq had a recent interview with the offspring and they played 5 songs off the album in this order:

hammerhead
you're gonna go far, kid
kristy, are you doing okay?
a lot like me
half-truism

so i'd say expect 3 physical singles, and probably at least a lot like me being the 4th radio single...the only other song that is a possible single on that album is stuff is messed up...

...i dont see any other song that is a better single for the radio/tv than those 6 songs.

cool 2 hate 681
06-19-2008, 09:26 PM
here is the furious 5 at 9 from kroq for 6/19/08

1. The Offspring"You're Gonna Go Far, Kid"
2. Katy Perry "I Kissed A Girl "
3. Weezer"Pork & Beans"
4. Coldplay "Viva La Vida"
5. Atmosphere "You"

Ansem
06-20-2008, 12:15 AM
Yeah, You're Gonna Go Far, Kid would sell better then Kristy.
Better song too imo.

Drums beating in my Heart
06-20-2008, 12:50 AM
I like Stuff is messed up, but: *silence* is *silence* up...

Jesus
06-20-2008, 12:59 AM
Dexter has been pushing Kid at live shows too, at the Paris and Swiss show he said after the song "you'll like that song a lot if you hear it a couple times".

drex878
06-20-2008, 07:20 AM
Top Atlternative songs on iTunes:

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/729/topaltwv6.png

Top songs overall:

http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/7057/topmo1.png

Rutegard
06-20-2008, 07:23 AM
Dexter has been pushing Kid at live shows too, at the Paris and Swiss show he said after the song "you'll like that song a lot if you hear it a couple times".

i got into this song since the very frist time i hear it LOL

bighead384
06-22-2008, 01:06 PM
I gotta say, I can't WAIT till they release YGGFK as the next single. I think that will make RFRAG HUGE, and really bring them a lot of new fans, especially amongst the younger generation. Then all those kids will go back and buy the newly remastered classics. Offspring will become even bigger legends.

Rutegard
06-22-2008, 01:11 PM
I gotta say, I can't WAIT till they release YGGFK as the next single. I think that will make RFRAG HUGE, and really bring them a lot of new fans, especially amongst the younger generation. Then all those kids will go back and buy the newly remastered classics. Offspring will become even bigger legends.

i hope so...

bighead384
06-22-2008, 01:19 PM
i hope so...

You don't have to hope. YGGFK will DEFINITELY be an enormous success. It can appeal to such a large audience because it's so diverse, and it's just plain catchy irregardless of what you like. I'm guessing it will be released sometime around the first week of July, since that's two months after Hammerhead was released. I'm sure they'll make a proper video for it too.

commonrider5447
06-22-2008, 01:47 PM
Ah, again, your brain is lying to you! :d Kristy alone will make the album a couple of times platinum. Good that you don't work for Sony.

I totally agree w/ u, I dont understand why more ppl dont see how good of a radio single this song is

But yeah, YGGFK will be a hit for sure, I almost wish it was the first single I think it would have caused more hype

Rutegard
06-22-2008, 01:50 PM
I totally agree w/ u, I dont understand why more ppl dont see how good of a radio single this song is

But yeah, YGGFK will be a hit for sure, I almost wish it was the first single I think it would have caused more hype

it's gonna go far...for sure...very very far we hope

brothadave79
06-22-2008, 01:52 PM

I think it's a good second single. It builds on top of what Hammerhead has done, with its broader appeal. If Hammerhead was second, I think its harder sound may have disappointed a lot of people.

bighead384
06-22-2008, 03:56 PM
If YGGFK does really well, I think that will greatly affect what the third single is. If it does really well, and creates a lot of hype for the album, they will probably be allowed to release four singles. Then, they could be a little risky with the third or fourth singles and throw us a curveball (maybe Stuff is Messed Up or Fix You) since they know they already picked two good singles to power the sales. If YGGFK doesn't do extremely well (even though it will be at least a top 10 hit), they might for example just pick Half-Truism as the third and final single, since it's a sound people expect from The Offspring.