PDA

View Full Version : 5th Most Brought album on UK iTunes today

Hyper nova
06-19-2008, 07:34 PM
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/7968/picture1as5.th.png (http://img441.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture1as5.png)

LOOK.

Ok probably didn't need a thread but I was excited :D

Conspiracyof1000
06-19-2008, 07:37 PM
That's some wikkid shit right there. :) I'm excited, too.

Tired_Of_You
06-19-2008, 07:41 PM
Look!

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/4572/image3ze3.th.jpg (http://img167.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image3ze3.jpg)

Conspiracyof1000
06-19-2008, 07:44 PM
Wow, cool. :D

IamSam
06-19-2008, 07:46 PM
Same with US!

Cock Joke
06-19-2008, 08:47 PM
It would be one thing if a respectable band like Foo Fighters or something was beating them, but instead it's Cold Play! Those who don't plan on buying the physical copy have to buy it from itunes! C'mon! It can't be that hard to beat frikkin Cold Play! :rolleyes:

jacknife737
06-19-2008, 08:52 PM
That's cool. When I bought RAFRAG, i got it at Futureshop, and they had a fairly large display, and only a few copies were left, so it looks like it will chart better then Splinter (which i think debut at #30 on the Billboard 200).

Edit: Number 2 in Canada! http://www.apple.com/euro/itunes/charts/top10albums.html

adombomb222
06-19-2008, 11:38 PM
On the heels of Lil Wayne's 1 million-plus debut sales week with "Tha Carter III," Coldplay's "Viva La Vida" (Capitol) will post similarly lofty numbers and bow at No. 1 on The Billboard 200 next week.

The set leads Nielsen SoundScan's Building chart, released today (June 18), with unweighted first-day sales of 316,000 copies through the close of business yesterday.

That is the third-biggest Tuesday Building Chart number registered since Nielsen launched the tally last September. Only Kanye West's "Graduation" (Roc-a-Fella/Def Jam) and Lil Wayne's "Tha Carter III" (Cash Money/Universal Motown) racked up larger numbers, with 437,000 and 423,000, respectively.

A source close to the new album expects "Viva La Vida" to finish the week with a number in neighborhood of 700,000 to 750,000.

Coldplay's last album, 2005's "X&Y," debuted at No. 1 with 737,000 in its first full week and spent three weeks atop The Billboard 200. In that first week, 8.4% of its sales were digital, but all signs point to a much greater first-week digital share for "Viva La Vida."

Billboard estimates the nine merchants who report to Nielsen SoundScan's Building chart -- Trans World Entertainment, Best Buy, Circuit City, iTunes, Starbucks, Borders, Target, Anderson Merchandisers and Handleman Co. -- comprise about 80% of all U.S. album sales.

If Coldplay's album sells north of 700,000, it will be the first time since 2005 that the chart has housed back-to-back 700,000-plus sales weeks. It last happened when 50 Cent's "The Massacre" cleared more than 700,000 in its first two weeks at No. 1, the first of those clearing the 1 million mark.

Other albums likely to make top high debuts on The Billboard 200 next week based on first-day numbers reflected on Nielsen SoundScan's Building chart are the soundtrack to Disney Channel's "Camp Rock" (Walt Disney), the Offspring's "Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace" (Columbia) and Judas Priest's "Nostradmus" (Epic).

Coldplay will also be No. 1 for the first time in its career on tomorrow's Billboard Hot 100 chart with "Viva La Vida." The song shifts 246,000 downloads in its third week atop Hot Digital Songs and continues to build at multiple radio formats, holding top 20 rankings at Adult Top 40 (No. 15) and Modern Rock (No. 16).

Capitol has even more reason to celebrate, as the label's Katy Perry will move 4-2 with Greatest Gainer/Airplay honors on the Hot 100 for "I Kissed a Girl." This will mark the first time that Capitol has had the top two slots on the Hot 100 in the same week since Billboard's Sept. 2, 1967 issue, when the label had Bobbie Gentry's "Ode To Billie Joe" at No. 1 and the Beatles' "All You Need is Love" as the runner up.

In other Coldplay news, the group has tapped Santogold as the opening act for most of its North American tour, which begins July 14 in Los Angeles.

So they estimate it'll go high on the board next week based on the frist day release numbers!

IamSam
06-19-2008, 11:41 PM
So they estimate it'll go high on the board next week based on the frist day release numbers!

So like...in number terms what does that mean?

adombomb222
06-19-2008, 11:45 PM
Well I'm hoping better then 30, but I don't know, read the article your self; it is why I posted the whole thing.

adombomb222
06-19-2008, 11:49 PM
The Offspring's Bio (http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/esearch/searchResult.jsp?configType=BBCOM_SIMPLEDEFAULT&pubList=Billboard&an=bbcom&action=Submit&kw=&exposeNavigation=true&keyword=The+Offspring&searchType=ARTICLE_SEARCH&submit.x=34&submit.y=18) on the Billboard. Well Hammerhead peaked at 9th and thats where it sits. We won't know till next week if they put up the new results. But with the iTune info and it being sold out in most retail music stores, I thinking top 10 if not number 1.

IamSam
06-20-2008, 12:36 AM
Well I'm hoping better then 30, but I don't know, read the article your self; it is why I posted the whole thing.

Well it seems that other than Coldplay, there isn't a lot of competition.

Greekoldfan
06-20-2008, 02:08 AM
I went to a music store that sells only punk and metal albums in Thessaloniki (the second biggest city in Greece) to buy RFRG and the guy told me that it is sold out within a day.I dont know how many copies he had but that's good anyway.

Budzy
06-20-2008, 02:30 AM
went to the city the other day and found thousands RFRG posters hung up all over the place. was rather excited. shoulda flogged one :(
2nd in australia
front shelves of jb and sanity
dont go to sanity unless u wish to pay 3 more dollars for ur rfrg album. those fuckers weren't stealing my money.
i hope it keeps up the sales from a good month or two.

Jesus
06-20-2008, 02:45 AM
This album would do even better with a good video pushing hammerhead. Hopefully Sony (or Offspring themselves) push this record more then with Splinter and Conspiracy of one. And actually make some awesome videos again. Cause if the next video is crap I don't think they'll push a third single which in turn means less touring.

I'm actually surprised it's doing so well considering all of this. Their name itself still sells quite a lot combined with a great album. Good news!

F@ BANKZ
06-20-2008, 02:49 AM
In fairness to them The Offspring simply didn't have the time to oversee the Hammerhead video. They're getting free on time now and You're Gonna Go Far has just as much potential to be made into a brilliant video.

As for The Offspring selling well: :confused:

Jesus
06-20-2008, 03:35 AM
In fairness to them The Offspring simply didn't have the time to oversee the Hammerhead video. They're getting free on time now and You're Gonna Go Far has just as much potential to be made into a brilliant video.

As for The Offspring selling well: :confused:
Yeah indeed, I think everything was quite rushed the last couple of weeks. Working close to the deadline. I think Noodles said something along those lines in Paris.

Tonza
06-20-2008, 04:02 AM
Let's see how they manage to rise at Last.fm (http://www.last.fm/music/+charts/)
Last week Hammerhead was 170th most played song and the band itself rose 18 places to position 28. I'm sure that the rising will be even bigger this week since the album is just released.

RISE AND FALL!

Rutegard
06-20-2008, 04:05 AM
i really hope this album goes big!!...

come on!! noodles needs a new boat and dex a new plane!!

and i need a good goddamn tour!!

MAXTER
06-20-2008, 05:12 AM
i really hope this album goes big!!...

come on!! noodles needs a new boat and dex a new plane!!

and i need a good goddamn tour!!

Yeah!!! We're Need a good gooddam fu**in Tour!!!:D