PDA

View Full Version : TO THE OFFSPRING:celebration of 20 years of S/t (DELUXE EDITION)

Greekoldfan
06-20-2008, 01:23 AM
I was thinking for a release as "a gift to the fans" next year.The s/t album remastered in a nice deluxe case (like bad religion's deluxe edition of new maps of hell) with the original artwork,the 11 tracks plus some bonus stuff like unreleased demo tracks from that era (for example the clocks very "first version" of gotta get away)or unseen video footage and maybe a cool poster of the band in 1989 and the original cover.

It would be really nice if someone let the band knows about that
What do you think?I believe its a great idea

F@ BANKZ
06-20-2008, 01:53 AM
A demo of demons would be especially delicious, but if they were to want to put out something real they could put together a nice poster/shirt I suppose.

dff_punk
06-20-2008, 01:53 AM
...or a special private gig where they'll be playing S/T songs...;)

Conspiracyof1000
06-20-2008, 01:56 AM
...or a special private gig where they'll be playing S/T songs...;)

Yeah, in my garage! That would be kickass! :D

Greekoldfan
06-20-2008, 02:35 AM
Yeah that's a great idea.A tour in small clubs playing only tracks from the s/t!!Really cool

Drums beating in my Heart
06-20-2008, 02:39 AM
That would be pretty sweet, but don't make it to expensive please....

Rutegard
06-20-2008, 03:09 AM
I was thinking for a release as "a gift to the fans" next year.The s/t album remastered in a nice deluxe case (like bad religion's deluxe edition of new maps of hell) with the original artwork,the 11 tracks plus some bonus stuff like unreleased demo tracks from that era (for example the clocks very "first version" of gotta get away)or unseen video footage and maybe a cool poster of the band in 1989 and the original cover.

i love it...i mean i want it!! :D eheh

or dexter could take us all flying with him..that would be ok too...don't you guys think?

or take all BBS people to their studio...something sweet like that ... :cool:

Conspiracyof1000
06-20-2008, 03:13 AM
i love it...i mean i want it!! :D eheh

or dexter could take us all flying with him..that would be ok too...don't you guys think?

or take all BBS people to their studio...something sweet like that ... :cool:

I'm not sure everyone would fit in a plane or in the studio...

Rutegard
06-20-2008, 03:15 AM

we do it at a time...

ThunderPX
06-20-2008, 01:34 PM
the clocks very "first version" of gotta get away)

I'm pretty sure it was "Cogs."

dff_punk
06-20-2008, 01:39 PM

Neither would in your garage:p

Camilamazed
06-20-2008, 01:40 PM
The best way to celebrate the 20th anniversary would be an exclusive show with all the songs for a live DVD.

How awesome would it be seeing the guys playing those songs today?

=]

Conspiracyof1000
06-20-2008, 01:42 PM
Neither would in your garage:p

I'm pretty sure I didn't invite any of you to my garage. ;)

dff_punk
06-20-2008, 01:43 PM
So you want The Offspring just for yourself. Selfish twat :D;)
EDIT: No offense if anyone's offended.

Conspiracyof1000
06-20-2008, 01:49 PM
Okay then. :D
This should happen (to make it fair):
Remastered CD with the original artwork
S/T only tour in small clubs around the world
Live DVD of S/T tour with interviews and stuff
Some sort of contest in which the winner (or winners) gets to ride in Dexter's plane with him. Winner also gets a tour of the studio
New merch

How does that sound? :p

dff_punk
06-20-2008, 02:59 PM
Aww right you win :p

holland25
06-20-2008, 03:04 PM
(for example the clocks very "first version" of gotta get away)

Cogs, amirite?

Ninty Man
06-20-2008, 03:46 PM
Some sort of contest in which the winner (or winners) gets to ride in Dexter's plane with him. Winner also gets a tour of the studio
New merch

Sounds like Dex should do that... and share with me a bottle of tequila and sing All I want

F@ BANKZ
06-20-2008, 04:15 PM
It was "Cogs".

I think seeing The Offspring playing a whole live show without any of the later music would be irritating. Maybe if they re-recorded a song of our choice (Blackball:p)

Cock Joke
06-20-2008, 04:23 PM
Another idea would be free Gringo Bandito for anyone who attends a concert in this "secret tour."

Dann
06-20-2008, 04:52 PM
New merch

Nah, a Self titled Re-recording would be better. Think for example 'Beheaded 1999'. It's time for a Beheaded 2009, Blackball 2009 and so...

And the Live DVD, also the same concert on CD. A poster would be nice. Interviews and footage from the past and interviews would be great. I'm trying to be realistic, so a 2CD+DVD set with poster and all that stuff will be definitely amazing. A third CD with Demos and outtakes :D so that would made up for a 3CD+DVD Deluxe Edition, :).

Edit: The original cover with a larger booklet with more of that art... (ie: the artcover from the 'They were born to kill' single), the Baghdad EP and such things like that.

Conspiracyof1000
06-20-2008, 04:53 PM
Nah, a Self titled Re-recording would be better. Think for example 'Beheaded 1999'. It's time for a Beheaded 2009, Blackball 2009 and so...

I don't like the '2009' on the songs titles... :p but a re-recording would be excellent.

And the Live DVD, also the same concert on CD. A poster would be nice. Interviews and footage from the past and interviews would be great. I'm trying to be realistic, so a 2CD+DVD set with poster and all that stuff will be definitely amazing. A third CD with Demos and outtakes :D so that would made up for a 3CD+DVD Deluxe Edition, :).

And they could call it The Offspring: Bullet in Billie Joe. :p

Dann
06-20-2008, 05:02 PM
^^ Sweet :D.

Alex101
08-06-2008, 04:05 PM

I agree that it would be nice for The Offspring to release a deluxe edition for their first album, but was "Gotta Get Away" originally written the time they recorded that album?

Ryder1234
08-06-2008, 04:19 PM
I agree that it would be nice for The Offspring to release a deluxe edition for their first album, but was "Gotta Get Away" originally written the time they recorded that album?

They had a song called "Cogs" when they were still Manic Subsidal. It had a "crazy fast punk riff", then it went into the main guitar riff in Gotta Get Away. (the part where Dexter sings "I'm gettin' edgy, all the time" etc.)

jacknife737
08-06-2008, 04:24 PM
They had a song called "Cogs" when they were still Manic Subsidal. It had a "crazy fast punk riff", then it went into the main guitar riff in Gotta Get Away. (the part where Dexter sings "I'm gettin' edgy, all the time" etc.)

Yup, that's what it was called. I don't think they recorded it though.

Ryder1234
08-06-2008, 04:25 PM
No, I don't think so. I'm pretty sure Dexter said they didn't.

I highly agree.

Alex101
08-06-2008, 05:15 PM

"The Offspring: Bullet in Billie Joe"? Gimme a break!

lost_nvrfound
08-06-2008, 05:39 PM
New merch

Not only that, but they should make all of the concerts free, give all the hardcore fans the dvd free, give us a intimate detailed account of everything thats happened in the last 20 years including the good the bad and the ugly, detailed explanation of every seemingly autbiographical song they've ever done, come out with their own brand of beer, give away tons of gringo bandito, play hundreds of free shows, release many a novelty item at low low prices, replicate the original album thousands of them(hand gluing every cover themselves), going on a post frenzy on the boards for those who care about them posting, devote all of their time to their fans while neglecting their families entirely just because people on their forums say so, and... am I forgetting anything? Oh right! Noodles's left arm.

Alex101
08-07-2008, 08:43 AM
That would be pretty sweet, but don't make it to expensive please....

Let's just hope it'll cost less than 25 or 30 dollars. LOL

Greekoldfan
08-07-2008, 09:21 AM
i hope the band to read this topic and to give us the best stuff.remastered version with original artwork 11 tracks plus some demos and a gig from that era or garage recordings and a poster i think they are possible and enough to make me the happiest person on earth

holland25
08-07-2008, 11:48 AM
That would be the coolest thing that ever happened to this world.