PDA

View Full Version : KROQ dj Nicole talks about R&F,R&G

commonrider5447
06-20-2008, 10:57 AM
Check this out, she rocks:

Nicole on The Offsprings new album Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace

The offspring is one of those bands that you can always count on for a bangin' good time live. They don't take themselves too seriously and personally, I think that's the key to their longevity. So, I just got the new Offspring CD and I listened to it in my car while I was driving, the best way to tell whether or not you like an album. In your car with nothing but you and the music.

Track one is awesome. We got off to a very good start. It's called 'Half-Truism' and in it's own way it's epic and not silly like a lot of Offspring songs tend to be.

The second track is called 'Trust In You', another instant favorite. This song is for anyone with trust issues who feels like singing about them until' the veins protrude from your neck. This song will cause quite the raucous in an Offspring pit. Instant favorite.

Then, 'You're Gonna Go Far, Kid' keeps the momentum going. It's a circle jerk of a good time, it curses in extremely entertaining ways and the drums are something to shake your ass to. It's actually one of my favorite songs on KROQ right now.

The more you listen the more it's obvious that these guys put a lot of their grown-up selves into this, but the beauty is they never lose their youthful tongue-in-cheek- vibe. This record is so much damn fun. It's easy to sing to, bounce to, jump around to...plus, the summertime release was the smartest thing they could have done. It goes nicely with a side of good times with friends and a dose of sunshine.

This is gonna sound crazy, but track 9 reminds me of Marilyn Manson with an Offspring twist of course. I know, I know, that sounds absurd, but when you hear it, you'll find yourself familiar with the melody and I dare say...what I said before.

The album finishes off with 'Rise and Fall'. It's my least favorite track. I think it's uninteresting and I have a whatever attitude towards it, but the rest of 'Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace' is so damn solid, that one track I'm bored by isn't gonna make a huge difference in how much I think the new Offspring record rules!!!!!!!

commonrider5447
06-20-2008, 10:59 AM
btw, I dont agree with her "they dont take them selves too seriously" remark, bc like pretty much all of their songs have a serious message, but its great that KROQ shows so much love to the Offspring and KROQ has a ton of influence.

The Search Button
06-20-2008, 11:00 AM
mmmmm, I've seen this already.

Maybe in the review thread since this is a review and all.

commonrider5447
06-20-2008, 11:02 AM
oh oops i didnt know there was a thread just for reviews sorry

The Search Button
06-20-2008, 11:03 AM
No need to feel sorry.

It happens all the time.

Free?
06-20-2008, 11:15 AM
Stuff Is Messed Up (track nr 9) also remined me of Marylin Manson's Rock Is Dead with "La la la" thingie in chorus. One more artist-brick into RAFRAG influences wall. I think i saw that review on kroq's website.

Jaded skies
06-20-2008, 11:28 AM
I found this to be very intresting.

HeadAroundU
06-20-2008, 11:29 AM
mmmmm, I've seen this already.
That's because you are the search button. It must be depressive. :D

The Search Button
06-21-2008, 06:05 AM
Yeah, nobody hit me.

I'm feeling sad and lonely....

sipptaroowsky
06-21-2008, 06:15 AM
I allso tend to dissagre with the lovely miss, there are Offspring songs that are for fun and there are those that make you think...think seriously, and for me, it's a personal thought :D

Free?
06-21-2008, 08:35 AM
All Offspring songs make you think. Even Pretty Fly or Original Prankster. But there are more or less humorous songs.

Rutegard
06-21-2008, 12:19 PM
another review...and i really don't know why people don't like the last song...

turns out i'm the only one who really likes it LOL

i'm a freak!!:cool:

The Search Button
06-21-2008, 12:22 PM
i'm a freak!!:cool:

Don't worry, We all are. We prefer TheOffpring to Coldplay, or U2 or Tokio Hotel.

Something must be wrong with us.

Rutegard
06-21-2008, 12:23 PM
Don't worry, We all are. We prefer TheOffpring to Coldplay, or U2 or Tokio Hotel.

Something must be wrong with us.

i think about that all the time LOL

iPunk247
06-21-2008, 12:30 PM
*YAWNS*

Nicole is h0t. :D

nice stuff's :cool:

i disagree to agree & agree to disagree. :eek:

*FARTS*