PDA

View Full Version : the new album "miracle" story

sipptaroowsky
06-21-2008, 05:45 AM
This thursday I was browsing the streets of zagreb, searching for a new hat, since the sun is burning rapidly and I'm not in to all that glasses stuff. Su I see a record store, they sell cd-s there. I haven't been on this web site for a year now and I didn't know what was going on with the new cd and all. As I was getting in I saw some guys carying boxes inside. I get in the store and asked the same thing I always ask when I go to the cd store :"el imate kakove cedeje od offspringa, one stare albume" (do you have any cd-s of offspring, the old albums),the woman ofcourse laughed at my accent, as always, since the only two original albums I dont have are "the offspring" and "ignition" I always look for them, which I decided to order from this site next month when I get enough money for some other stuff. the girls (which was besides the laughter very nice) says :"NO, just the new album"... And I think.. well fuck, I already have the greatest hits, but my subcontious asks "And wich album is that"...and she opens up one box... pulls out "the new holly one" and inserts it to my hands.....I allmost had a heart attack, it was faith, I HAVE TO HAVE THIS, .... After tventy-second-stare at the covers of the cd the pleasant lady asks if I was gonna buy it for 135kn,(18.5€ or 28$). I only had 117kn, since I spent all the money on alcohol for Euro Turkey-Croatia...which we lost...well I went outside, ran to the Jelachich square, pulled out 15kn from the fountain and ran back to the store. beged for a 132kn price, got the cd, ran to the barracks and spent the next five hours drinking the Turkey-Croatia alcohol, eating bread, cheese, tartar, hren, kviki saltis, milk earl gray,( I don't eat meat) and listening to the OFF. I waisted all my students-eating money,I don't know what I'm gonna eat the next two weeks, since I don't have any money for food, but I know what I'm gonna listen....

this kid is gonna go far

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/9092/copyofitwasworthitqt1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/9092/copyofitwasworthitqt1.af4e452586.jpg (http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=177&i=copyofitwasworthitqt1.jpg)

The Search Button
06-21-2008, 05:52 AM
LOL

That's a funny story right there.

Specially enjoyed the fountain bit.

Well done. Although i must add that it is a sin to be that far off from the band latest news.

Jack-UK
06-21-2008, 05:54 AM
LOL that was great :D

Hope you don't starve in the next two weeks ;)

chriiis
06-21-2008, 06:10 AM
hahah great story man :p

HeadAroundU
06-21-2008, 06:10 AM
Lolol, what a thread/story. :D

sipptaroowsky
06-21-2008, 06:24 AM
I'd like to add that I've geen listening to Offspring since the 3rd grade of first school, I was 8 years old at the time,. The song "pretty fly for a white guy" drew me to them, I was watching Cartoon Network, and there was a comercial anouncing the "Ed, Edd and Eddy" cartoon, and the song was in the background, I swithed to MTV, saw the video and went nutz. so that's why I had to have the cd, we have a great history together , and mostly unfortunately to my knowledge, they've had only one concert in Croatia(I might be wrong on this one), I was too young to go, I hope they'd come again here, maybe I'll go to Hungary, thank you for the posts

nightvision
06-21-2008, 06:31 AM
That was great :).

Rave21
06-21-2008, 06:45 AM
Lol niice! Now thats a kniife!

dff_punk
06-21-2008, 07:20 AM
The song "pretty fly for a white guy" drew me to them, I was watching Cartoon Network, and there was a comercial anouncing the "Ed, Edd and Eddy" cartoon, and the song was in the background, I swithed to MTV, saw the video and went nutz.

I remember that commercial! I loved it to death, because Offspring was my new favorite band that time and Ed, Edd n Eddy was my favorite cartoon that time, so I went really nuts when I saw it combined!

Great story btw. Buy some cheap vietnamese instant soups.

jacknife737
06-21-2008, 12:36 PM
Nice story.

hshduppsnt
06-21-2008, 12:49 PM
haha great story, that shock must've been an awesome feeling.

Hopefully keeps going through the inevitable hunger... best of luck with that. :).

Rutegard
06-21-2008, 01:05 PM
i'm glad you do NOT eat meat!!

you are the first vegetarian offspring fan i get to know!

and i can relate to your pain...portugal lost too...eheh by the way...i saw the penaltys...i like penaltys when it's not my team playing lol

Dead Kennedy
06-21-2008, 01:19 PM
e odlicna ti prica,i ja bi ga posao kupit al mi se neda jer sam lijen ko kurac i neda mi se vozit tramvajem. cudim se sta si uspio tak malo para izvuc iz fontane lol hehe care

Rutegard
06-21-2008, 01:40 PM
e odlicna ti prica,i ja bi ga posao kupit al mi se neda jer sam lijen ko kurac i neda mi se vozit tramvajem. cudim se sta si uspio tak malo para izvuc iz fontane lol hehe care

i can only imagine what's in here LOOOOOOOOOOOL

sipptaroowsky
06-21-2008, 01:52 PM

Hahahahaha, negde deset minut sem iskal, zadnji pet kun je bilo na centru pa sem moral skoknuti vnutra, nekakovi kinezi so me slikali, pun ih ie zagreb, hahahahha. Čoveće još jeden hrvat kaj je na Offspringu, ajd majstore bravo, zhiveli.

Translation:

Mrtvi Kennedy: E your storry is great, I'd go and buy it but I'm lazy becouse I'm as lazy as the penis and I'm lazy to take the tram. I'm supprised you found that (or even that) little money from the fountain, ssng hehe emperor.

Albanian_minority_sky:Hahahahaha, I was searching somewhere arount ten minutes, the last five kn vas in the center so I had to get in, some chineese were taking pictures of me, the Zagreb is full of them, hahahahha. Man another Croat that's on (or hooked) on Potomstvo, aight toolman bravo, salut

RGR22
06-21-2008, 07:27 PM
Awesome story, I salute you, And good luck with the next 2 weeks!

oh_strange_one
06-21-2008, 10:59 PM
you gotta love this guy dont you ?:p

Conspiracyof1000
06-21-2008, 11:02 PM
Spending all your money on Offspring is the best thing ever. You rock.
*salutes*

Camilamazed
06-21-2008, 11:14 PM
Let's send the boy money, he deserves donations hahaha

Ryder1234
06-21-2008, 11:17 PM
haha! that was a good story

IamSam
06-21-2008, 11:25 PM
Wow...impressive. My hat is off to you!

ad8
06-22-2008, 12:02 AM
You are one die-hard Offspring fan:D

splinterosaur
06-22-2008, 01:33 AM
Great story! :D Cool that you got the album no matter what. :) Hopefully you'll find some food somewhere.

Steph
06-22-2008, 06:50 AM
We're gonna send u some food:D

Rutegard
06-22-2008, 06:51 AM
We're gonna send u some food:D

yeah what's your adress!?

we gotta help each other out!!

sipptaroowsky
06-22-2008, 07:08 AM
don't wory, I've eaten today, some petit biscuits, milk and stuff, thank you all for the offer though, very nice to be a part of a comunity that I actually have something in common with

oh_strange_one
06-22-2008, 09:38 PM
don't wory, I've eaten today, some petit biscuits, milk and stuff, thank you all for the offer though, very nice to be a part of a comunity that I actually have something in common with

you are so nice we should all send you something just coz your nice lol:p

joshua brajkovic
06-23-2008, 01:03 AM
haha another croat on the offspring forums. haha great story btw

RazielSR
06-23-2008, 01:27 AM
lol It is a great story. The problem is that you say you were getting drunk in Coratia - Turkey match hahaha, what a shit when you realized your team lost the match :P

joshua brajkovic
06-23-2008, 01:35 AM
We had the game in the bag aswell...

Commie
06-23-2008, 03:13 AM
Heh:) That's a nice story;) and for me the night of 21st-22n was the best night ever, 'cause I bought "the Rise And Fall, Rage And Grace" album and Russia made it to the semi-finals:)))

And I'm really sorry for Croatia... I hoped they would win the Euro if Russians wouldn't, and they really helped us when they won England:)

sipptaroowsky
06-23-2008, 04:47 AM
lol It is a great story. The problem is that you say you were getting drunk in Coratia - Turkey match hahaha, what a shit when you realized your team lost the match :P

it was kind of depressing, well atleast we know we aren't the allmighy's after all, and the world cup is not that far away so...

clocks_R_slow
06-23-2008, 06:02 AM
LOL *HUGS* what a touching story! LOL i loved it! :D

RageAndLov
06-23-2008, 06:19 AM
hahaha nice story :D
i'd killed to get that feeling when you're discovering a new album from your favorite band so suddenly!

i hope you don't starve to death now :P

sipptaroowsky
06-23-2008, 09:46 AM
hahaha nice story :D
i'd killed to get that feeling when you're discovering a new album from your favorite band so suddenly!

i hope you don't starve to death now :P

it hearts for the heart, but it was a pleasant pain

Cock Joke
06-23-2008, 01:12 PM
Awesome! I was willing to do anything to buy that album the day of the release, so I can understand your ordeal! Have fun listening to it!

sipptaroowsky
06-23-2008, 11:37 PM
I could have just downloaded it from the web, but when It comes to the Offspring I'd like to have the original