PDA

View Full Version : The Offspring have been great to me.

mat.kc.
06-21-2008, 03:30 PM
I cannot thank the Offspring more than enough for what they have given
back to me. The fucked up part is they have done so much for me and don't
even know me! I'm just a typical die hard fan, but it's absolutely nuts to notice
some crazy coincidences that have occured. Whenever a new album comes out,
I can relate to their lyrics at that point of time. There isn't a single song of
theirs that I cannot relate to. It just feels great to have them as support when
life kicks your ass, and you start blaring their tunes and just sink it all in. You
think, "god damn. I'm not the only one." It's been like this for the eleven years
I have been listening to them. I'm only 19 years old haha. Been listening since
my childhood years. Not only can I relate to their songs, but there have been
other times in my life where they seem to randomly pop up and it feels like a
subliminal way of the connection between a die hard fan and the band.

The Greatest Hits (which I have waited for, for years) was released on my
sixteenth birthday 3 years ago today. I was their fan of the day on Christmas.
It's just little strange cooincidences like that, that sort of molds together
the part they have played in your life. Seems like they come at the right
times. Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace was released a week before my birthday.
Couldn't ask for more than that. So here I am, a PROUD die hard fan, cranking
the new CD I've waited 5 years for. I fucking love them, and will continue to
until my dying day. So, I guess this is my way of saying thank you to them.

Rutegard
06-21-2008, 03:33 PM
sweet enough!!

:D

yeah, i understand you...i'd give my life for them! i guess that shows everything :rolleyes:

by the way...i'll commit suicide the day they brake up as a band!

Conspiracyof1000
06-21-2008, 03:38 PM
*salutes*
I'm not the biggest fan, I don't have any singles or rare collectibles, but what it comes down to is the music. Through The Offspring I found out that I was not the only outcast in school, that I was not the only girl who loved punk music.
The story of my life is basically TKAA, Nothingtown, and Fix You. All their songs are special, though. Whatever mood I'm in I can pop in a CD and find a song for it. I can't do that with other bands.
The Offspring have basically saved my life, and they don't even know.

~Zoe, AKA Co1000

Dead Kennedy
06-21-2008, 04:06 PM
*salutes*
I'm not the biggest fan, I don't have any singles or rare collectibles, but what it comes down to is the music. Through The Offspring I found out that I was not the only outcast in school, that I was not the only girl who loved punk music.
The story of my life is basically TKAA, Nothingtown, and Fix You. All their songs are special, though. Whatever mood I'm in I can pop in a CD and find a song for it. I can't do that with other bands.
The Offspring have basically saved my life, and they don't even know.

~Zoe, AKA Co1000
yeah,i think that if i haven't picked up americana 2 years ago i wouldn't be the same person that i am today. offspring changed me. they changed my way of thinking,my look upon life,my grades and other irrelevant shit.along with my crazy buddy dorian (who gets drunk after glass of child champagne),they were my best friend.not that i don't have a life it's just when i'm in bad mood,i put on staring at the sun and i'm back smashing things and shit. i have a lot shit to thank them,although i probably won't be given that chance.

Rutegard
06-21-2008, 04:12 PM
yeah,i think that if i haven't picked up americana 2 years ago i wouldn't be the same person that i am today. offspring changed me. they changed my way of thinking,my look upon life,my grades and other irrelevant shit.along with my crazy buddy dorian (who gets drunk after glass of child champagne),they were my best friend.not that i don't have a life it's just when i'm in bad mood,i put on staring at the sun and i'm back smashing things and shit. i have a lot shit to thank them,although i probably won't be given that chance.

a few years ago i dedicated them the song "thank you" by the descendents....i think you guys should check it out....it really express what we think about them :P

Camilamazed
06-21-2008, 04:36 PM
Whenever a new album comes out,
I can relate to their lyrics at that point of time.

Please Kids, you can all hide behind your desks now.

:eek:

Free?
06-22-2008, 03:07 AM
Good to see such fans here. Ones who care about message not just fashion.

Dexter4ever
06-22-2008, 04:32 AM
I fucking love them, and will continue to
until my dying day.

I understand you.They're giving to me something really special.They're an importan part of my life and I knew them only last year!!But they're giving me a lot and this count for me.So I really wanna thank them for everything they're doing for us,their fans.THE OFFSPRING THANK YOU!!!

RageAndLov
06-22-2008, 05:23 AM
When I discovered Offspring, my view upon music totally changed, and I'm so thankful for that!

Dexter4ever
06-22-2008, 05:37 AM
When I discovered Offspring, my view upon music totally changed, and I'm so thankful for that!

Yeah,you're right!With them I've finally found my music genre!THEY'RE THE BEST!!THE OFFSPRING I LOVE YOU!!!:o:o:o

mat.kc.
06-22-2008, 05:59 AM
I'm really glad all of you feel the same way I do. I would give my life for
these dudes too. It feels as if they are family. The Offspring will always
be the number one band in my eyes, and in my life. The impact is incredible.