PDA

View Full Version : RAFRAG in the charts

Autonomist
06-22-2008, 04:16 AM
The Australian ARIA charts came out today and RAFRAG made a number 3 debut. Pretty impressive considering lack of promotion surrounding it's release (Hammerhead wasn't picked up by most mainstream radio stations and of course had no accompanying music video until the week of it's release). If I remember correctly the Greatest Hits came in at number 2, while Splinter landed somewhere between 7-10. What strikes me as odd however is that it came in behind Disturbed's recent album at number 2. The Offspring are insanely popular over here yet I can't say I know anyone off the top of my head who listens to Distrubed. Predictably the number one spot went to Coldplay.

Living in Chaos
06-22-2008, 04:26 AM
I concur with Disturbed, I don't know anyone that listens to them. If fact I know many people that despise them. When I checked out the charts, it also struck me as strange that it was still that high in the charts.

But it is a good result for The Offspring, like you said, with no mainstream radio stations picking up Hammerhead. I'm actually really curious to see whether the radio stations here will take a liking to You're Gonna Go Far, Kid??
I personally think Fix You would be well received here (I know I will get hated for that on this board, but oh well), or Kristy, Are You Doing Okay, or even A Lot Like Me.

Rave21
06-22-2008, 09:01 AM
thats interesting. i know a lot of people in the US that have Disturbed on their favorites list. I don't think that would affect the Australian charts though.

Jaded skies
06-22-2008, 09:09 AM
That pisses me off. Disturbed is the 2nd worst band, infront of coheed..

Dead Kennedy
06-22-2008, 09:16 AM
That pisses me off. Disturbed is the 2nd worst band, infront of coheed..

well,im not surprised that disturbed is so high on the charts,inside the fire i a lot higher than hammerhead on billboard 200 and mainstream charts,and their previous albums were also #1 un USA. and they make good music.

commonrider5447
06-22-2008, 11:55 AM
I wonder how it will do in US... i hope better than Splinter, which started at #30 and greatest hits that started at #8, both went on to go Gold tho. I remember tho Hit That didnt even have a video till after the CD came out... for anyone who is interested w/ this kinda info:

http://www.rockonthenet.com/artists-o/offspring.htm

Edit: whoa I didnt know Americana went 5x platinum in 05, go Offspring!

holland25
06-22-2008, 12:49 PM
I concur with Disturbed, I don't know anyone that listens to them.

Holland25 does.

jacknife737
06-22-2008, 01:02 PM
The Billboard charts get updated on Tuesday right?

Rave21
06-22-2008, 02:03 PM
I have the new Disturbed album and i found it still had the same feel as Ten Thousand Fists(IMO), whereas in RAFRAG, Offspring(IMO) explore slightly different territory. maybe that will give Offspring an advantage in the long run, when more singles are released..............imo

Palma
06-22-2008, 02:16 PM
Didn't even enter top 100 albums in the UK.

LowEndLem
06-22-2008, 02:19 PM
Checked the paper just now.

Not in the top five(That's all this paper has) but Hammerhead's the #2 single.

Living in Chaos
06-22-2008, 03:30 PM
Holland25 does.

I was referring to Australian people that listen to them.