PDA

View Full Version : Aussie Solo Punk/Rock Artist

.Change the World.
06-22-2008, 09:42 AM
Edit: I have recently performed my first ever gig!! which was a very intense feeling there was about 100 people there and it was pretty cool. At first i will admit i was fairly nervous but once i was called up on stage it all just went and i went into my own world and yeah it was very amazing (sort of like sex :P)

I uploaded a clip of the performance to youtube, it can be found here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5Tzhi2tPe8

It's an acoustic version of one of my new songs from my upcoming debut album. If your into the rock scene you might take a liking to it, but any comments would be really appreciated, cheers :)

offspringer24
06-22-2008, 10:25 AM
Hey my names Tyler, im a solo punk/rock artist. If you are interested in that genre and style then have a listen some of my music can be found at http://www.myspace.com/tylerkeffordmusic

If you enjoy my music please feel free to add me, and of course opinions/suggestions are always welcome :)

i liked it, definetly not punk but really good aint heard anything like this for a while keep up the good work! :)

and need i say 'check out my band' too :D

medi01
06-22-2008, 10:30 AM
good high quality recording

music was good-ish

singing was not so good

sorry if it sounds harsh but thats just my opinion, and some bits just aren't my cup of tea

.Change the World.
06-22-2008, 10:30 AM
Sweet dude cheers for listening :)

And yeah ill check out your band now!

.Change the World.
06-22-2008, 10:33 AM
good high quality recording

music was good-ish

singing was not so good

sorry if it sounds harsh but thats just my opinion, and some bits just aren't my cup of tea

Yeah man thats cool, cheers for listening. I actually recorded that with no vocal training what so ever haha. So yeah i suppose i want to be able to look back at this in the future as the early days you know.

For the album i've been working on i enrolled myself in a vocal academy which has helped me to develop an actual singing style and yeah, i'll post in this thread once i get new music out (which probably wont be till the end of the year ish). :)

offspringer24
06-22-2008, 10:35 AM
i like the vocals dude :) it's unique, thats all that makes a good singer!

medi01
06-22-2008, 10:36 AM
Yeah man thats cool, cheers for listening. I actually recorded that with no vocal training what so ever haha. So yeah i suppose i want to be able to look back at this in the future as the early days you know.

For the album i've been working on i enrolled myself in a vocal academy which has helped me to develop an actual singing style and yeah, i'll post in this thread once i get new music out (which probably wont be till the end of the year ish). :)

i didnt mean ur voice was bad tho...it was just the style u sang and especially the screamo bits which is what i didnt like so much...but if you like to sing screamo then hey! you seemed quite good at it :D, keep it up and good luck with ur album

.Change the World.
12-23-2008, 06:01 AM
bump

Had my first gig, info is in the first post

Free?
12-23-2008, 01:28 PM
None mentioned Cobain here yet? Oh well, I will be first then. I like your art, CtW.

randman21
12-23-2008, 03:20 PM
What Free? said. Even if Nirvana is your favorite band, I wouldn't want to compare you to another, but that's what I get. I liked it, though. Do you have a band?

EDIT: *reads title of thread* Never mind.

Rooster
12-23-2008, 04:16 PM
Quite good work :)

I'm big Nirvana fan myself (own original copy of every album they ever released, except from that EP they only released in Australia and Japan i think), and i totally see the similarities here. But i don't complain, keep it up, it's good!

.Change the World.
12-24-2008, 01:16 AM
Cheers for the comments!

Yeah Nirvana definitely has had a huge influence on me & my music i hope people see it as just an influence and not "oh no another Cobain wannabe", i admit their are similarities but I try my hardest to keep my music unique and from my own creative flow.

But that aside, Merry Christmas to all :) and thanks for listening!