PDA

View Full Version : Recommend Albums

Ryder1234
06-22-2008, 09:19 PM
recommend albums here that you think are good or less known and should be heard.

i recommend Colplay - Viva La Vida if you are a fan of theirs, because it probably wouldnt appeal to people who arent. i got it when i got RAFRAG, so i havent really had a good listen yet.

Highlights:
Violet Hill

i'll edit that after i really listen to it.

Cock Joke
06-22-2008, 09:42 PM
Eiffel 65-Europop, for plenty of techno goodness!

Led Zeppelin-Mothership, if you wanna well rounded collection of Zeppelin songs, this is it! It's a "best of" album.

Supernova-ST, Tommy Lee on drums, Jason Newstead on bass, Gilby Clark on guitar, and some guy called Lucas on vocals. It's good for if you like modern rock, a tad emo but not overloaded with any of it, just don't expect it to sound like Motley, Metallica, or GNR.

oh_strange_one
06-22-2008, 10:50 PM
i like atreyu at min their album lead sails paper anchor love the combination of singing from the lead vocalist and the drummer it is ace

hell is for heroes - the neon hand shake

papa roach infest

avenged sevenfold - city of evil

nirvana - the greates hits one cant remember name and cant be bothered looking for it but its good :p

cant think of no more too tired

Conspiracyof1000
06-23-2008, 01:34 AM
I really enjoy Sum 41's Underclass Hero, but I guess that's obvious...
Give Duran Duran's Astronaut a try. It's nice, just don't do a road trip with it on in the CD player, you'll burn it out in the first three hours.

Forza
06-23-2008, 04:57 AM
Highlights:
Violet Hill

Violet Hill? What? I'd recommend you to listen the album again. Violet Hill is the weakest song on the album, together with Strawberry Swing. Oh yea, I also think that the album will appeal to people who are not fan.

Some recommendations:

Phideaux - Doomsday Afternoon
One of the better prog rock releases of 2007 (if not the best).

Pavement - Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain
A classic. If you don't have it, get it asap.

Stevie Ray Vaughan - In Step
If you're into bluesrock / rock & roll this is a great album. Great guitarplay (of course, it's SRV) and a selection of quality songs.

Steady
06-23-2008, 05:04 AM
Rise Against - Any really, but the best ones are Revolutions per Minuet and Siren Song.

Please dont flame for this next one

Limp Bizkit - Chocolate Starfish :-o Sorry guys but its such a guilty pleasure for me, i grew up listening to it and ive always enjoyed it.

Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory - Really awesome band, i'll admit i don't like their new direction but its still listenable, Nu-Metal ftw! :P

The Distillers - Sing Sing Death House - Pure Punk rock at its best, im pretty sure this album was shorter than splinter, which just goes to show, it doesnt matter on length. (Unless were talking about penis size).

The Ataris - End Is Forever or So long astoria - Some of their best work, Punk Rock mixed with a bit of pop, but these guys really do write songs from their heart. Their latest album wasn't that great but ive read news that for their next album their returning to this kind of sound.

So many more i could recommend to be honest, but there some of my favourites, ofcourse theres smash, ixnay, ignition, american and rafrag on top of that list, but we all know about those :)

dff_punk
06-23-2008, 06:29 AM

Hahaha, Cock Joke, you made me laugh once again! :D

Andy
06-23-2008, 09:20 AM
McLusky - McLusky Do Dallas

Welsh alt band with songs that can turn from hilariously funny to downright disturbing in seconds. Album highlights include: Lightsabre Cocksucking Blues, Collagen Rock and To Hell With Good Intentions. Also see The Difference Between Me And You Is That I'm Not On Fire for more of the same. Unfortunately, the band split in 2005.

Death On Wednesday - Buying The Lie

A slice of real modren rock/pop brilliance from another band who sadly are no more. Infectious choruses, bouncy rhythms and an all-around good feeling of wellbeing make this one of my favourite ever albums. Highlights include: Bad Case Of You, Who Sold The Soul, Harder Days.

The Mooney Suzuki - Alive & Amplified

Cheeky, packed with innuendo and often laugh-out-loud funny this album will bring a smile to anyone's face. Highlights include: Alive & Amplified, Shake That Bush Again, Loose 'n' Juicy. These are the songs that The Eagles Of Death Metal wish they could write.

icklebabygremlin
06-23-2008, 09:24 AM
Kaiser Chiefs - Employment

Muse - Any album really there all good

Interpol - Antics

jacknife737
06-23-2008, 03:00 PM
Against Me! - Searching For A Former Clarity
-Punk with just a hint of folk, brilliant.

Ryder1234
06-23-2008, 05:06 PM
Violet Hill? What? I'd recommend you to listen the album again. Violet Hill is the weakest song on the album, together with Strawberry Swing. Oh yea, I also think that the album will appeal to people who are not fan.

i said i haven't really listened to it yet. and i actually really enjoy Violet Hill. these were just my opinions of it ATM

Primus - Sailing the Seas of Cheese

GBH2
06-23-2008, 06:51 PM
i think i've said this before in a similar thread but you all HAVE TO listen to
The Cult- Dreamtime
The Cult- Love
some of the best and most unique rock music you will ever hear

MAXTER
06-24-2008, 03:18 AM
Recomended Albums:

THE OFFSPRING - Rise & Fall, Rage & Grace :D
AFI - Decemberunderground
AFI - Sing The Sorrow
AFI - Art Of Drowning

XYlophonetreeZ
06-24-2008, 04:01 AM
I can't really recommend albums unless I'm doing it for a specific person and I have an idea of what they like. Since I don't have anyone specific to recommend stuff to, all I would be able to do is give a general shoutout to a bunch of my favorite albums, and there are other threads to do that. So if anyone wants to tell me what kind of music they're into, I'd be happy to contribute.

Forza
06-24-2008, 04:32 AM
i said i haven't really listened to it yet. and i actually really enjoy Violet Hill. these were just my opinions of it ATM

That's alright man. I only recommended to listen the album another time when you have the time for it. :)

Ryder1234
06-24-2008, 05:50 PM
That's alright man. I only recommended to listen the album another time when you have the time for it. :)

hmm... i have time right now...

Ryder1234
06-24-2008, 05:50 PM

hey i know! i'll go listen to the album!

OffspringHead
06-26-2008, 10:32 AM
40 Reasons to Hate Us by Anal Cunt

medi01
06-26-2008, 10:46 AM
Social Distortion - Love, Sex and Rock'n'Roll - best Social D album (IMO)

NOFX - Wolves in Wolves Clothing - great album by NOFX, my favourite of theirs

Less Than Jake - GNV FLA if you like LTJ (or if you just like any ska) then give Less than jake's new album a listen to

The Aggrolites - The Aggrolites - great reggae/ska album

The Transplants - The Transplants - give it a listen if you've heard of Rancid, or if yuo like Travis Barker

The Forces of Evil - Reel Big Fish side project, great album, i nearly prefer it to RBF!!!

[spunge] - [spunge] - great album, great band...english underground ska band...not well heard of but are really good, my second favourite band after The Offspring

Time Again - Darker Days - If you're into rancid or more punk bands then i seriously recommend this

thats it...if you like any then please comment back

IamSam
06-26-2008, 04:56 PM

I didn't think I could hate you any more. Well, I was wrong.

Alex101
06-27-2008, 09:39 AM
The Offspring - Smash - All time classic Offspring.

Metallica - Master of Puppets - Classic 80s metal record of all time.

Bad Religion - Stranger Than Fiction - Best BR album, in my opinion.

Big Drill Car - CD Type Thing - If you love ALL and Descendents, then you'll love Big Drill Car, despite the fact that they are old. Their first album CD Type Thing is a classic 80s punk album, unfortunately it's been out of print, now the only way to get it is to download it or order it online. Word on the street is that they're back together again for a few dates.

Sum 41 - All Killer No Filler - Best Sum 41 album by far.

Rancid - ...And Out Come the Wolves - Yet another classic punk album from the 90s.

Splinter[PI]
06-27-2008, 11:19 AM
I recommend you folks Chevelle - Vena Sera

it's really great, it brought me into Chevelle.

My Highlight is Brainiac.

Andy
06-27-2008, 05:21 PM
I've got a couple more.

Ima Robot - Ima Robot

The ultimate in electronic rock. Such a very satisfying album to listen to when you're on a train. I don't know why. Highlights include Alive, Dynomite, Dirty Life.

Lemon Jelly - Lost Horizons

The UK's best anthemic DJ duo. I can't think of much else to say other than you need to own this CD. Highlights include Experiment No.6, Nice Weather For Ducks, Ramblin' Man

Fatboy Slim - You've Come A Long Way, Baby

The pinnacle of Norman Cook's genius. Highlights include Rockafeller Skank, Gangster Tripping & Right Here, Right Now.

Lupin
06-28-2008, 07:40 AM
Frank Black & The Catholics - Dog In The Sand
Stabbing Westward - Darkest Days
John Frusciante - Shadows Collide With People
Morcheeba - Deep Dive
The Knife - anything by them
Sons & Daughters - This Gift
Dave Gahan - Hourglass...is fucking suboooiib
________
Silversurfer Vaporizer (http://vaporizers.net/silver-surfer-vaporizer)

Andy
06-28-2008, 10:45 AM
John Frusciante - Shadows Collide With People

How did I not think of this sooner? Amazing album.

Slim Pickens The Bomb Rider
06-28-2008, 10:49 AM
I recommend Cr2 Presents Live & Direct - Miami 2008 (Deluxe Edition)
Sweet sweet sweet. for those who love that kind of music ofcourse ;)

gala
06-28-2008, 11:39 AM
Innuendo - Queen
Aqualung - Jethro Tull
The Black Parade - My Chemical Romance
American Psycho - Misfits

Splinter[PI]
06-28-2008, 05:04 PM
Do you know Beatsteaks?

well if so, listen to SmackSmash!

Tonza
06-29-2008, 03:41 AM
A Finnish band called Anal Thunder and all of their albums, e.g.
"4 am illusion" "will fuck for crack" and "table for one"

Free?
06-30-2008, 03:46 AM
Backyard Babies - Brand New Hate and Stockholm Syndrome
Silent Civilian - Rebirth Of The Temple
Powerman 5000 - Transform and Tonight The Stars Revolt and Anyone For Doomsday oh well.. and Destroy What You Enjoy too
Silverchair - Neon Ballroom
Sick Of It All - Scratch The Surface and Death To Tyrants
Strung Out - Exile In Oblivion and Black Hawks Over Los Angeles
Dover - Late At Night, Devil Came To Me, I Was Dead For 7 Weeks In The City Of Angels
A Perfect Circle - Mer De Noms and Thirteenth Step
Nine Inch Nails - Fragile, The Downward Spiral
Golliwog - More Than Meets D.I.Y.
I hope that someone will check at least one of those albums :p

chriiis
07-02-2008, 07:17 AM
Bad Religion - Stranger Than Fiction :cool:

Lupin
07-17-2008, 11:13 AM
Peaches - Impeach My Bush
Infadels - Universe In Reverse
Duke Special - Songs From The Deep Forest
Miss Kittin - Batbox
Zero 7 - When It Falls

SaiKYoU
07-17-2008, 11:58 AM
Unjust - To lose a name

http://mediapix.ru/thumbs/dc710babcb3b5c1b72baa5bf273751e1.jpg

IamSam
07-17-2008, 12:35 PM
If I say this again, all apologies:

1208-Turn of the Screw

Alex101
09-28-2008, 03:03 PM
Bad Religion - Stranger Than Fiction :cool:

Yes! It most definitely is a recommended album! Not only that, but it's also one of my favorite BR albums of all time!

cool 2 hate 681
10-22-2008, 06:35 AM
minority of one by dag nasty and scream, dracula, scream! by rocket from the crypt are good