PDA

View Full Version : What i would like the hear

RODNEYMULLEN
06-22-2008, 11:08 PM
This probley doesn't deserve it's own thread, but i wonder what it would sound like if offspring rerecorded hopeless. I mean like how recording stuff is more advanced and shit, i wonder what a current version of hopeless would sound like.

Rafa88offspring
06-22-2008, 11:44 PM
yeah, I don't think that's a good idea cause the way I see it art (music, painting, dance, movies, literature, whatever) encapsulates a specific time where the artist felt moved to do the piece.

In this case, when hopeless was written then recorded they were in certain place that includes the time and therefor it won't happen again in the exact same way, there might be some pretty similar situations that encourage them to write something similar but not the same song. So re-recording it wouldn't sound so inspired (there are of course some exceptions to that where re-recording goes along pretty great and surpasses the original)

F@ BANKZ
06-23-2008, 08:22 AM
Maybe in a few years, the time doesn't seem right now. If they were to do it they should add to it and modernise it a little, otherwise it would just seem like a waste of time.

Blitzkrieg Bop
06-23-2008, 09:05 AM
If they were to do it they should add to it and modernise it a little

I believe that the original should not be messed with, it was great the first time around.