PDA

View Full Version : I made a video about Offspring's music!

RageAndLov
06-23-2008, 06:00 PM
Ok, so, I have seen many people saying this and this song from RAFRAG sounds like this and this other song by some other artist. "Rip off!"

So, I made a video comparing some songs from RAFRAG with other artist's songs. Many of those songs i put in the video i don't see any good resemblence with the comparing song (but there is always something similar, even if it is very little). Please don't hate me!

Offspring is one of my fav. bands! So this is NOT a mocking video!

Judge by yourself

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JB1BMLHwVgg

MAD IAN
06-23-2008, 07:45 PM
I laughed so hard when I saw Daft Punk on there. Anyway, only two of the songs have slight similarities to others and none of them are rip offs. I'm tired of all this rip off bullshit. I mean seriously if they had the internet back in the 1950s you'd have people posting about how Elvis ripped off songs etc etc etc....

sablock
06-23-2008, 07:50 PM
A much better comparison for You're Gonna Go Far, Kid would be to "Stop!" by Against Me

Budzy
06-24-2008, 02:07 AM
OMG
nice vid
but now i think fix you sounds like september ends.
hahahaha
all this time i thought it was gonna be chasing cars.
fuck.
but yeah none of the others sound similar.

RageAndLov
06-24-2008, 02:21 AM
yeah as i said, not all of them sound too similar, and the small similarities are only coincidents i guess

i think that trust in you and smash is very similar, and so is rise and fall and american idiot and fix you and wake me up :)

ANDiTKO
06-24-2008, 03:24 AM
They are similar but we cant tell if the offspring ripped off from those songs.

I generally can say that the new album was nothing new. :(
Same old tunes, but not the good ones...

Palma
06-24-2008, 03:40 AM
bloodyhell. what is with the constant whinging at the band? if you dont like the album, dont listen to it.

as has been said a million times, you can pick absolutely any song you wanted and give it to someone who knows alot more about music than you do. and i bet they'll be able to find a very similar song.

theres only so many punk rock or pop punk songs you can make before you start repeating yourself. so they branch out and try doing something a bit different and then they are accused of copying that aswell.

Batgirl
06-24-2008, 04:25 AM
Hey I think itīs good what you did! But I donīt think
The Offspring rips off other bands! Can be if some songs sound like others....but I like THE OFFSPRING. They belong of my faves.:)

RageAndLov
06-24-2008, 04:30 AM
thanks, and welcome to the bbs :)

Stylie
06-24-2008, 05:49 AM
Heia Norge! Heheh. ^^

..well. Someone posted this as an comment on the video:
"the only people they sound like is themselves on this cd...those other ones are similar but not close enough to be rip offs...in case people forgot the offspring went 6 times platinum on an independent label which is still a record to this day so no one can say they cant make music on their own"

TRUE!

dff_punk
06-24-2008, 05:51 AM
Sum 41 rip off much obviously than The Offspring! I still like them though.