PDA

View Full Version : NYC Meetup: The SEQUEL

JohnnyNemesis
06-25-2008, 08:48 AM
Well, no SoaP sequel. But meetup sequel? Why the fuck not?

So I'm thinkin', sometime in August we can have another big BBS Meetup?! Get drunk? Get stupid? Watch ninth stick his tongue in my mouth (again)? Who knows?

Questions: Who can make it? Where we be stayin'? WHAT WE BE DOIN'? Let's figure this thing out.

If you're in the NYC area...actually, fuck it, if you're in the "Earth" area, you should come and have some fun (I'm also lookin' at YOU, Jesse).

Chime in, people. Thoughts?

Rag Doll
06-25-2008, 08:52 AM
There is the strong possibility I could come, at least for a bit. It depends on when and on my job situation at the time. Probably would not be staying there, unless I crashed with someone that lives there because funds are way low. But I should be able to make some part of it. =)

Little_Miss_1565
06-25-2008, 08:53 AM
Woooo! I lost my job yesterday and ended up puking on a curb by 9 PM. If I don't puke more and earlier, this meet will be a failure.

And IF AND ONLY IF I like you, I just moved to a new place and have some room for people to crash.

JohnnyNemesis
06-25-2008, 08:54 AM
There is the strong possibility

I DO NOT APPROVE YOU MUST BE THERE okay!!!

And IF AND ONLY IF I like you

:(

JoY
06-25-2008, 08:58 AM
God, I hate Americans. *pouts*

nieh
06-25-2008, 08:59 AM
I can probably make it, and it might give me a nice excuse to use some vacation time at work (I need to blow 2 weeks worth before the end of the year or I lose it). We could always check out the Summerstage for free shows (Battles, Black Dice and Gang Gang Dance are playing there 8/16 but I only really care about Battles). I could also bring Rock'em Sock'em Robots like I did last time. Also, I'll probably have more money this time than I did last time which means I probably won't have to buy a loaf of bread and some peanut butter to last me most of the time I'm there.

:(
I agree.

JohnnyNemesis
06-25-2008, 09:00 AM

*ahem*

if you're in the "Earth" area, you should come and have some fun

I expect to see you there, Isa Isa! :mad:

Rag Doll
06-25-2008, 09:04 AM
I DO NOT APPROVE YOU MUST BE THERE okay!!!

If Sarah likes me or if my mens is available to come/pick me up from the PATH station, the possibility becomes a definite, pretty much. I don't like walking back to the PATH in Harrison at night by myself and there's no transport back to my town late at night, so those two things make coming in a bit difficult.

Sunny
06-25-2008, 09:05 AM
aw, bummer of epic proportions - i'm not going to be around in august. i'm in the US until jul 15th and then i'm going bye-byes.

which reminds me, if any of you fine peoplez wants to get their drink (or their sexy) on with me, now is the time. ;p

0r4ng3
06-25-2008, 09:11 AM
(I'm also lookin' at YOU, Jesse)
Probably not. Maybe in a couple of years, when I'm old enough that I don't need to explain the situation to parents (or anyone else that isn't my brother, for that matter).

"Oh, I'm just going to the city for a couple of days to hang out with people I met on the internet!"

If it's after the 22rd, I couldn't show up regardless. That's when I go back.

nieh
06-25-2008, 09:13 AM
You could say you're hanging out with friends from college.

JoY
06-25-2008, 09:13 AM
*ahem*

I expect to see you there, Isa Isa! :mad:

I expect me to be there too, Rickyrick!:mad:

but truth is, I have an exam in august (coz i suxorz@metabolism lol) & am forced to go on vacation with my "in-laws" to Italy.:(

JohnnyNemesis
06-25-2008, 09:26 AM
which reminds me, if any of you fine peoplez wants to get their drink (or their sexy) on with me, now is the time. ;p

I'll be right over.

ps. I should also say that the only reason I suggested August was to get as many people involved as possible. This can happen AT ANY POINT this summer!

Mota Boy
06-25-2008, 09:30 AM
There's actually a chance I'll be in that part of the country around that time - my family may be doing a vacationy thing up on that Coast in early August and I already told a friend of mine in NYC that I might be by around that time, but we'll see what happens with this strangely job-like job. I may get distracted and not make it out of the West. Either way, I'm scheming to get to NYC before I skip out of the hemisphere again for an indeterminate amount of time.

nieh
06-25-2008, 09:55 AM
but truth is, I have an exam in august (coz i suxorz@metabolism lol) & am forced to go on vacation with my "in-laws" to Italy.:(
Skip them! Or, alternatively, come in between/before/after/whenever.

ps. I should also say that the only reason I suggested August was to get as many people involved as possible. This can happen AT ANY POINT this summer!
Awesome, I'll see you tonight!

JoY
06-25-2008, 10:11 AM
it's my last exam & then I get my bachelor! I've been waiting for the fucking thing for FIVE years! hell no, babe.

but maybe something else can be arranged. I'm definitely willing to give it a shot, although I have no idea if I've got the money for it, if I will get the money for it & if there will be time, since I'm obligated to go on a two weeks vacation with my bf's family. (& I'm hoping my exam won't be planned during that vacation, or I will be immediately rejected, or something like that)

holy shit, what's taking my pizza so long. I'm hungry!

nieh
06-25-2008, 10:23 AM
but maybe something else can be arranged. I'm definitely willing to give it a shot, although I have no idea if I've got the money for it, if I will get the money for it & if there will be time, since I'm obligated to go on a two weeks vacation with my bf's family.

!!!
Seriously, if you were actually able to come to the states I'm sure some people would be able to bend their schedule around yours, so if by "if there will be time" you were referring to folks over here instead of on your end, I wouldn't worry. Rick already said August was just an option.

Rag Doll
06-25-2008, 10:26 AM
You could say you're hanging out with friends from college.

seriously. it'd be funnnnnnn =)

and wow, if Bella came....niiice. =)

TheUnholyNightbringer
06-25-2008, 10:28 AM
Oh, crai. I'd love to come, but I can't afford it. *weep* Call me and be drunk like they did in the Amsterdam meetup.

H1T_That
06-25-2008, 10:31 AM
There should be a UK meet-up.

No-one would turn up though.

drummerbecca
06-25-2008, 10:36 AM
There should be a UK meet-up.

I agree. That'd be good craic.

JoY
06-25-2008, 10:37 AM
!!!
Seriously, if you were actually able to come to the states I'm sure some people would be able to bend their schedule around yours, so if by "if there will be time" you were referring to folks over here instead of on your end, I wouldn't worry. Rick already said August was just an option.

<3!
I was more talking about my end, unfortunately. it's a depressing thought that this should be the time in my life I have more time I'll ever have in the rest of my (active) life. & with university not announcing any data, I never know what's when & I can never plan ahead. if I get a schedule for that period, I know if I'll have to squeeze in my medical research aswell, because that'd just be KILLING.

H1T_That
06-25-2008, 10:39 AM
I agree. That'd be good craic.

How do you know that?

You've been here like 5 mins and have 11 posts, how can you even judge whether you like the people here?

Camilamazed
06-25-2008, 10:44 AM
Too bad outsiders are not allowed. I'd love to get drunk with the guys.

0r4ng3
06-25-2008, 10:47 AM
I'm pretty sure this is relevant somehow:

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/snakes_on_a_plane_2.jpg

nieh
06-25-2008, 10:59 AM
I say Rick and I should force everyone else to watch Cool as Ice.

hshduppsnt
06-25-2008, 11:53 AM
Too bad outsiders are not allowed. I'd love to get drunk with the guys.

you should all live in sunny southern california! hahaha

(actually bay area would work too ;))

Endymion
06-25-2008, 12:28 PM
mooooooooooooota, which part of the west are you in?

Vera
06-25-2008, 01:01 PM

I KNOW, GREETINGS JEALOUSY.

I just talked to soem girls at work who're going to NYC in September. Soooo wanna go but I have nooo idea where I'll be at in life in August/September (hopefully going to uni, very possibly not).

drummerbecca
06-25-2008, 01:06 PM
How do you know that?

You've been here like 5 mins and have 11 posts, how can you even judge whether you like the people here?

Generally if they aren't assholes in their first post aimed at me then I can make do...

JohnnyNemesis
06-25-2008, 01:10 PM
I say Rick and I should force everyone else to watch Cool as Ice.

I still have the DVD...

Generally if they aren't assholes in their first post aimed at me

Shut the fuck up!

(couldn't resist)

nieh
06-25-2008, 01:12 PM
I still have the DVD...

As do I. I'm thinking of making a shrine for it. All I need is a lock of his hair.

drummerbecca
06-25-2008, 01:16 PM
Shut the fuck up!
(couldn't resist)

Ha, ok. So maybe not on their first post then. I give most people the benefit of the doubt.

H1T_That
06-25-2008, 01:31 PM
I give most people the benefit of the doubt.

Bad idea when concerned with meeting people from the internet.

drummerbecca
06-25-2008, 01:46 PM
Bad idea when concerned with meeting people from the internet.

Yeah, I don't doubt it. I do mean in the being an twat sense, not in the possibility of being a psycho sense.

hshduppsnt
06-25-2008, 01:51 PM
EDIT: nevermind...

Izie
06-25-2008, 05:46 PM
Mmmmmhmh if it's a weekend in the first half of August and if I can convince Vlad, we'd be able to make it.

Or if I can;t convince Vlad then maybe I'd have to make it alone :p

Llamas
06-25-2008, 07:47 PM
I can probably come if it's late August... early August probably won't work for me. But if it's late August, I can almost promise I'll come. :)

Little_Miss_1565
06-25-2008, 07:48 PM
Ok, guys, choose -- Izie or Llamas?!

Jakebert
06-25-2008, 07:58 PM
Well, this can only end up being awkward.

Llamas
06-25-2008, 08:28 PM
haha, shit. <prepares suicide note :( :(>

Maybe it could be mid-August, and then it's win-win?? :D

Jaded skies
06-25-2008, 08:34 PM
ill be there! ill be the creepy old guy in the corner checkin out dat phat azz

Ryder1234
06-25-2008, 08:47 PM
if you're in the "Earth" area

ah shit, i live on the moon :/

Apathy
06-26-2008, 03:40 AM
I could organize a WI meet-up only to realize that the two most prominent members from the state other than myself are Wishomie and Markus at which point I'd probably kill myself.

Although maybe llamas would make it. Could be worth it, :p

JohnnyNemesis
06-26-2008, 07:08 AM
<prepares suicide note :( :(>

Well, that makes the decision easier. Since you went through the trouble of preparing a note and all :P

Jakebert
06-26-2008, 07:48 AM
I could organize a WI meet-up only to realize that the two most prominent members from the state other than myself are Wishomie and Markus at which point I'd probably kill myself.

I dunno dude, they might bring some girls with them.

Oh, right..

0r4ng3
06-26-2008, 08:50 AM
Girls and not women, amirite?

Llamas
06-26-2008, 05:13 PM

Although maybe llamas would make it. Could be worth it, :p

lol. It could be a midwest party, and then rickycrack and ninth and leo are in the area. And if we include Ohio, then Jakebert could come. :P

I dunno dude, they might bring some girls with them.

Oh, right..

Girls and not women, amirite?

Oh you beat me to it :( But maybe they'd do some hilarious subway pranks!!

Jakebert
06-26-2008, 07:48 PM
I could actually make it to the New York one if I wasn't basically broke at this point. Any free time I have for the next few months has to go to finding a job/working at said job. But maybe in a year or so.

- -Lauren- -
06-27-2008, 02:25 AM
As of lately, I am trying to become more lively on the boards.

and just for future reference, if it means anything to anyone, i am totally up for going to a meet-up when i turn 18. 10 months away.

yeah, long time, but... closer than it used to be i guess. duhh. just... thought i would point that out.

Endymion
06-27-2008, 03:47 AM
am i still the only member of the 1337 on the west coast? beloved laura is in the yay area indeed, but that's all that comes to mind. and we've got the jebus in the south, but his mommy won't let him out to play with imaginary people from the internetz :(

WebDudette
06-27-2008, 05:39 AM
I'm uhh... probably 6 hours away.

ninthlayer
06-27-2008, 09:13 AM
i'm in the US until jul 15th and then i'm going bye-byes.

This makes me sad, especially in the pants.

ps: Ninth be broke yo.

JohnnyNemesis
06-27-2008, 09:19 AM
Fuck that. Get your ass over here immediately.

ninthlayer
06-27-2008, 09:37 AM
I don't even have the money to pay the deposit on my new place and I'm going to need to resort to working with burnouts and hispanics doing flood relief.

Lodat225
06-29-2008, 04:51 PM
can i go? i'm 15 minutes away from nyc ... :(

Betty
06-29-2008, 06:43 PM
am i still the only member of the 1337 on the west coast? beloved laura is in the yay area indeed, but that's all that comes to mind. and we've got the jebus in the south, but his mommy won't let him out to play with imaginary people from the internetz :(

Ahem!

Ryan, I thought we used to have something.

Little_Miss_1565
06-29-2008, 07:00 PM
Ninth, Ryan, and all other whiners -- you've got two legs. Start walking!

Endymion
06-29-2008, 07:09 PM
Ahem!

Ryan, I thought we used to have something.

you're like, canadian and shit. that's way northy...

<3

JohnnyNemesis
06-29-2008, 08:59 PM
can i go? i'm 15 minutes away from nyc ... :(

I mean, you're free to do whatever you want. Whether we talk to you or acknowledge your existence is a decision that will be made separately by all involved, but you can certainly spend your weekend in NYC if you like.

Little_Miss_1565
06-29-2008, 11:51 PM
It's not like we can discuss this on the open forum and then discourage certain people from going. Lodat spammed the shit out of the forums, but it was a few years ago and who knows, maybe hanging out with forum people IRL would help a lot of people realize that we're not just usernames and forum postings, we're all actual people and an actual community so let's not fuck it up. Nah mean? But, of course, if you're going to be hanging out with the gang you have to show up with the mission in mind to be cool and have fun.

My only caveat is that we ran into some minor issues at the last one because a bunch of people were under 21, and let's face it, most of the fun to be had in public in NYC involves drinking. And eating, but mainly drinking. So if you're under 21, be aware.

Rag Doll
06-30-2008, 09:06 AM
I fully agree with Sarah. Maybe it will help both sides....the, "hey, I shouldn't spam or be a douche because they're cool people!" and the, "hey, let's stop telling him to kill himself because he's alright!" side. I'd say come if you want to come =).

Speaking of NYC. 99% sure I will be there tomorrow. I have a convention for work to go to sometime in the morning (runs from 10am - 4pm). I will probably not stay there long as I am not really in the mood to go. If anyone wants to come see me somewhere around the Madison Square Garden area, probably, let me know ASAP. I can hang in the city til anywhere from like 6-8pm, depending on what form of transportation I take. Come say hi!

JohnnyNemesis
06-30-2008, 09:13 AM
It's not like we can discuss this on the open forum and then discourage certain people from going.

lol Vicky.

Seriously though, I'm up for anyone and everyone hanging with us, no matter who it is. I'm in complete "the more, the merrier" mode. But I don't think I can speak for everyone when I say that, so I won't. But it's all good people, let's get down.

nieh
06-30-2008, 09:43 AM
lol Vicky.

I still think this board feels awfully empty without her and Sky here.

RickyCrack
06-30-2008, 05:37 PM
A midwest meetup could easily be orchestrated.

Little_Miss_1565
06-30-2008, 06:01 PM
Speaking of NYC. 99% sure I will be there tomorrow. I have a convention for work to go to sometime in the morning (runs from 10am - 4pm). I will probably not stay there long as I am not really in the mood to go. If anyone wants to come see me somewhere around the Madison Square Garden area, probably, let me know ASAP. I can hang in the city til anywhere from like 6-8pm, depending on what form of transportation I take. Come say hi!

Ahhhhhh. I spent too much money this weekend and I'm no no-fun lockdown for the next few days. Also I think the couch I ordered from Ikea should be coming tomorrow. I guess we'll find out. But have fun!

Rag Doll
06-30-2008, 06:14 PM
s'alright. i don't have the money to go either, but my boss is paying, so hey ;p. good luck with the couch!

Lodat225
07-01-2008, 07:45 AM
Haha. That's nice, guys.

But if I were 21, had nothing to do, and was actually liked by you kids I would consider going.

Rag Doll
07-01-2008, 05:09 PM
I spent two hours with Ricky today.

Everyone feel free to hate me. He's so swell <3

Little_Miss_1565
07-01-2008, 06:28 PM
H8 @ both of you. I r jelliz.

ninthlayer
07-01-2008, 08:04 PM
A midwest meetup could easily be orchestrated.
You driving? lolkelol

JohnnyNemesis
07-01-2008, 08:33 PM
He's so swell <3

Aw, yer just sayin' that!

TheUnholyNightbringer
07-02-2008, 12:18 AM
The thing that gets me about this whole NYC meetup is it looks like it's gonna be lots of attractive, fun people, going crazy, getting to know each other.

If we had a UK meetup it'd be me and Andy in a Wetherspoon's. And that's only 'cos TOM isn't here anymore.

Little_Miss_1565
07-02-2008, 07:31 AM
Does JetBlue fly internationally? ...

Rag Doll
07-02-2008, 08:52 AM
Aw, yer just sayin' that!

false. i lurrrrve hanging out with you. <3

post our picture so everyone can share in the lulz!

JohnnyNemesis
07-02-2008, 08:59 AM
lolololz:

http://i30.tinypic.com/1znsqpt.jpg

Rag Doll
07-02-2008, 09:10 AM
see, i told you that i think you're swell. look how much i'm smiling!

Jakebert
07-02-2008, 09:28 AM
I never thought I'd be caught dead saying this due to my manliness, but that picture is adorable.

Endymion
07-02-2008, 11:02 AM
that picture is missing a) a huge rack, b) a huge salami.

[edit] and ricky is incredibly low-waisted (that's ok, scudworth is too!).

nieh
07-02-2008, 11:05 AM
Sam's not short enough. I think that picture was photoshopped.

JohnnyNemesis
07-02-2008, 11:06 AM
But Starbucks doesn't sell sala--...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Vera
07-02-2008, 11:16 AM

I misread 'salami' as 'sanni'.

I'm pretty essential to all good sandwiches, y/y?

Rag Doll
07-02-2008, 11:52 AM

[edit] and ricky is incredibly low-waisted (that's ok, scudworth is too!).

i suck at drawing =(

RickyCrack
07-03-2008, 03:35 AM
You driving? lolkelol

i fucking hate you jk
i wanna sex u hard
police are fucking gay
srsly wanna run train on llamas? jakebert?
i misssss youuuuuuuu. i'm getting a ride down to see you this weekend. wanna make out? anaringus? preeeeez

nieh
07-20-2008, 12:44 PM
Dunno if this is still in the works, but I may end up only being able to go up for a day or so depending on when we end up doing this. I've got a lot of 'maybe' stuff between August and September right now.

Mota Boy
07-20-2008, 01:07 PM
Oh, b-t-dubs, I ain't gonna be able to make it. Work is running over into the fall. I'll make my way out there before the year is up, however.

JohnnyNemesis
07-20-2008, 04:10 PM
Wtf? Meetup? Who made this thrad? What is this shiz?

Oh, that thing. Yeah, we can still have it. *shrug* We'll see how things go!

Apathy
07-20-2008, 10:08 PM
i
srsly wanna run train on llamas? jakebert?

Ha, this totally reads to me that you're considering running a train on jakebert instead of llamas.

JohnnyNemesis
08-19-2008, 09:52 PM
lol hi evry1.

Rag Doll
08-19-2008, 09:58 PM
lol hi evry1.

speaking of meetups...

my mens says if he meets you, you can kiss him, because he's never been kissed by a black man before.

thought i'd follow up on our last irl (yesss, i see rickies irlz, be jeluzzzz) conversation.

Little_Miss_1565
08-19-2008, 10:24 PM
We need to stop beating around the bush on this, yo. Let's do dis!

Where are we drinking? When are we drinking? Who is drinking with us?

JohnnyNemesis
08-19-2008, 10:56 PM
my mens says if he meets you, you can kiss him, because he's never been kissed by a black man before.

He better be careful what he wishes for. He gon' get it.

thought i'd follow up on our last irl (yesss, i see rickies irlz, be jeluzzzz) conversation.

Issssss tru!

Where are we drinking? When are we drinking? Who is drinking with us?

Aint no one really around, but yeah, let's do this thang before it's too late.

Sup people?

If a bigger meetup don't happen, let me know when you out of towners will be in NYC again and you might get a free drink from me.

ninthlayer
08-19-2008, 10:58 PM
What constitutes "too late"?

JohnnyNemesis
08-19-2008, 11:15 PM
Well, more like "too much hassle to be practical", with some people starting classes again in the fall and shit like that. So I dunno, before the summer is out would be nice.

ninthlayer
08-20-2008, 12:47 AM
Classes start on Monday hurr.

Vera
08-20-2008, 01:48 AM
I dare you fuckers to get this thing done. I DARE YOOO!!!!

JohnnyNemesis
08-20-2008, 10:35 AM
It prolly aint gonna happen, but I'd be open to things is all I'm sayin'!

Llamas
08-20-2008, 07:54 PM
I say it's time for Minnesota Meetup. I HAS 4 FREE TICKETZ 2 C THA LYNX!!!!

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0eOOfWk5Kg34T/610x.jpg

JohnnyNemesis
08-21-2008, 07:35 AM
*cricket chirp*

So, about this NYC meetup...

:P

JohnnyNemesis
08-21-2008, 07:39 AM
ill be there! ill be the creepy old guy in the corner checkin out dat phat azz

Wait, I just saw this post.

And sorry dude, I have that spot covered.

Rag Doll
08-21-2008, 07:56 AM
I, oddly enough, can't really plan anything until school starts. I can make plans like a few days to a week in advance when I have my work schedule, but thats about it for now. Once the semester starts, I'll have every Sunday off so I can do something in the afternoon (will have work Monday mornings though). I'd be more willing to take off from work in the spring, because I've already asked for a lot of time off because I have tickets to a bunch of concerts.

Though, I'm definitely up for making the NYC Offspring show a meetup, if anyone has interest in that.

Little_Miss_1565
08-21-2008, 11:28 AM
Though, I'm definitely up for making the NYC Offspring show a meetup, if anyone has interest in that.

Would it be easier to just wait til that's announced and plan around that? And if there isn't an NYC show, we can still have a meetup and plan a riot to protest.

nieh
08-21-2008, 12:06 PM
Isn't planning a riot kind of missing the point?
The Offspring concert's a good idea for a meet-up, but that's probably not until January or something. If Rick or anyone was looking to have something sooner, I'd probably be up for heading up there for at least a Saturday or Sunday at some point provided it's not this weekend or next.

Llamas
08-21-2008, 09:59 PM
*cricket chirp*

So, about this NYC meetup...

:P

Seriously. A table of "women's ministries" or some crap who was planning some fellowship event at my restaurant gave me the tickets, even after I said I don't go to Lynx games... and then they left me a whopping 8% tip! So now, if I can find anyone who wants to go see some exciting WOMEN'S BASKETBALL!!! I have a whole $3 to spend!!!!!

Sorry, I needed to vent there.

Anyway, I'm getting sued now by the former landlord. So no traveling for me. Fuck my life.

Endymion
08-21-2008, 10:54 PM
i'm always up for a bay area meet.

hshduppsnt
08-21-2008, 11:07 PM
i'm always up for a bay area meet.

as indeed am I - maybe we should start a Cal meet up of some form or other?

(hell I need an excuse to visit NYC at some point too haha... guess I'll see what the tour dates look like :))