PDA

View Full Version : New Album

webbydude868
06-25-2008, 12:23 PM
I would like to say that I am very disappointed with the new album.

I have been an Offspring fan for about 12 years now (Around Ixany).

When I first heard this album It gave me something to relate to. A sense of escapism from the real world. Letís put it this way, the music was inspiring, meaning full, aggressive and fucking grate.

I have set Ixnay as a benchmark for other albums to reach. After years of waiting and 4 albums later the offspring have disappointed not just me and millions of other people, but themselves as well(I Hope). If youíre reading this, just cut the crap and get on with it. To be honest Iím fed up with this commercial crap!

The Offspring have just lost it and Iím fed up of waiting for something good to come out musically.

I donít actually think The Offspring listen to any of their own stuff man. How can they? Because usually you are influenced by what you listen to I think they might have listened to who? A mixture between Greenday and Kylie Minogue? Actually there stuff isnít even that good.

Please promise me ďOffspringĒ, that you will not bring out another album. Just give up because youíve lost it. Absolute shame upon you!

Come on guys hop onboard my ship of disgust.

The Search Button
06-25-2008, 12:26 PM

Welcome to the forum.

I disagree with everything you just said.

Why?

Because.

brothadave79
06-25-2008, 12:29 PM

Hurry! The failboat is setting sail!

nieh
06-25-2008, 12:29 PM
After years of waiting and 4 albums later the offspring have disappointed not just me and millions of other people, but themselves as well(I Hope).

Actually, the majority of people on here think this is the best album they've done in a while which means they've really only disappointed a handful of their fans, while probably winning a few new ones in the process.

I donít actually think The Offspring listen to any of their own stuff man. How can they? Because usually you are influenced by what you listen to I think they might have listened to who? A mixture between Greenday and Kylie Minogue? Actually there stuff isnít even that good.

Most bands don't put themselves in heavy rotation in their cd player/ipod/whatever so I'm not sure why you're complaining that they don't listen to themselves. Also, Kylie Minogue?

Rutegard
06-25-2008, 12:38 PM
YOU lost it

Hypodermic_89
06-25-2008, 12:42 PM

When I first heard this album It gave me something to relate to. A sense of escapism from the real world. Letís put it this way, the music was inspiring, meaning full, aggressive and fucking grate.

I have set Ixnay as a benchmark for other albums to reach. After years of waiting and 4 albums later the offspring have disappointed not just me and millions of other people, but themselves as well(I Hope). If youíre reading this, just cut the crap and get on with it. To be honest Iím fed up with this commercial crap!

The Offspring have just lost it and Iím fed up of waiting for something good to come out musically.

Please promise me ďOffspringĒ, that you will not bring out another album. Just give up because youíve lost it. Absolute shame upon you!

No fucking way. get the fuck out of here. You seriously make me so angry that you make me wanna hurt small puppies. Nobody wants you here. Fuck off. Don't register on this forum just to complain, you piece of shit asshole. God dammit, we don't need you. There are more bands in this world, you fucking cunt.

Capricorn4
06-25-2008, 12:43 PM
No offense,but you're almost the 50th person who came here and start a thread about how disappointing the new album is.Ok it's your opinion but who can you speak in the name of millions?
Please come up with a constructive critisism,not with "they sound like greenday" again.

Redjie
06-25-2008, 12:43 PM
& I still dont get the point in opening a new thread when there are plenty others where you could say that and still be on topic. I guess this new black (= to create pointless threads) is something I'll never understand.

Capricorn4
06-25-2008, 12:44 PM
& I still dont get the point in opening a new thread when there are plenty others where you could say that and still be on topic. I guess this new back (= to create pointless threads) is something I'll never understand.

Agreed.There's a thread called write your own review about RAFRAG.

KickedDown
06-25-2008, 12:45 PM
Really? Please, tell us more!

mm...hmmm

the offspring have disappointed not just me and millions of other people, but themselves as well(I Hope).
Where is your proof? Have you performed a poll of over one million people? This claim is unsubstantiated.

A mixture between Greenday and Kylie Minogue? Actually there stuff isnít even that good.
The grammatical error in that last sentence aside - these are two of the dumbest comments I've ever heard.

Please promise me ďOffspringĒ...
Oh, c'mon! The album isn't so bad we have to say their name with those stupid quotations!

Yeah, and we'll all sail on a sea of despair -you douche bag.

ad8
06-25-2008, 12:48 PM
Oh my god, someone call the wambulance!!!:D

Hypodermic_89
06-25-2008, 12:50 PM
Call the fucking executioner.

Capricorn4
06-25-2008, 12:52 PM
Call the fucking executioner.

Electric chair or behead?

Redjie
06-25-2008, 12:53 PM
Electric chair or behead?~
both ? :D

The Search Button
06-25-2008, 12:54 PM

Honey and a bear.

Hypodermic_89
Whichever keeps him alive longer. Just so he can FEEL it.

Capricorn4
~
both ? :D

Both for sure...I'm really evil today:eek:

cool 2 hate 681
06-25-2008, 12:57 PM

i wanna watch him spurt like a garden hose

Capricorn4
06-25-2008, 12:58 PM
Whichever keeps him alive longer. Just so he can FEEL it.

Ok how about left the guy in a desert and let the sun exposure and the vultures make the job...

KickedDown
06-25-2008, 01:01 PM
Well, what did the dude expect? Comes into an Offspring message board and starts ripping the album up and down.

It's like walking into a mosque and taking a dump on the Koran.

cool 2 hate 681
06-25-2008, 01:01 PM
Ok how about left the guy in a desert and let the sun exposure and the vultures make the job...

maybe we can pull a clockwork orange and make him watch the hammerhead video

malibu43
06-25-2008, 01:15 PM
I see nothing wrong with this guy's post, other than the fact that he started a new thread for it.

I would hope he sticks around and just figures out the right way to get his point across.

RazielSR
06-25-2008, 02:46 PM
This guy can't be well.

Cock Joke
06-25-2008, 02:53 PM
Hey jackass! If you're gonna tear the new album to shreds, do so in the review thread so that we don't have more & more threads with complaints! Get outta here!

crrrN
06-25-2008, 03:05 PM

Dude, you've come to the wrong place to critisize an Offspring record. Especially when it's new. In my opinion, you've wasted about 5 minutes of your life typing that stuff, cause nobody is going to hop on board and you'll only get flamed for having an opinion which differs from the majority here.

Hypodermic_89
06-25-2008, 03:18 PM
I see nothing wrong with this guy's post, other than the fact that he started a new thread for it.

I would hope he sticks around and just figures out the right way to get his point across.
No. He registered on this forum just to complain. The fact that he only has one post proves that. Now, it would've been different if he had over a 1,000 posts and said that stuff, but just the fact that he registered only to complain, that just fucking twists my balls.

Redjie
06-25-2008, 03:32 PM
Forget about that. Let's make a movement called "Not-To-Feed-Pointless-Threads".

jacknife737
06-25-2008, 03:56 PM
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g178/jacknife737/fail-24-1.jpg 10 characters

Rooster
06-25-2008, 06:39 PM
I have set Ixnay as a benchmark for other albums to reach. After years of waiting and 4 albums later the offspring have disappointed not just me and millions of other people, but themselves as well(I Hope). If you’re reading this, just cut the crap and get on with it. To be honest I’m fed up with this commercial crap!

Come on everybody, now let's say hi to mr. Noob: HI, MR.NOOB!

Commercial crap? WTF? Tell me that you are not another one who is accusing them of selling out now, when they have been on a MAJOR LABEL since IXNAY (calling them a sell-out is the most stupidest fucking dumb thing, which is so stupid that it would lost "the most stupidest fucking thing to say" competition, because it would be too dumb). Plus they SAID they don't make music for money any more. I wouldn't flame you if you wouldn't support your opinion with such stupid facts.

And hell no, i ain't getting on board of your ship, because it's sinking faster than Titanic.

F@ BANKZ
06-25-2008, 06:50 PM
Please promise me “Offspring”, that you will not bring out another album.
HI MR NOOB
Oh my, I..., wha..., a... YOU MONSTER

You are the first person ever to get onto my ignore list, and you did it with one post. I even sank so low as to write hi mr noob in light of it. Congratulations.

XYlophonetreeZ
06-25-2008, 06:57 PM
This thread's sole tag is really all that's on my mind. Could it be?

Ryder1234
06-25-2008, 07:13 PM
yes. it is
i bet he likes the album hes just pissed that now he wont get the noodz

mr.titters
06-25-2008, 07:17 PM
Holy fucking shit. Is it just me, or is there a new hate-on-offspring thread everyday. This one is by far the bitchiest I've read. I hope to fuck that The Offspring do continue to make more albums. And I hope they dedicate them to this Webbydude868 guy. Yeah, the new Offspring album, dedicated to Webbydude868.
I like the sounds of that, who's with me?

slimtim
06-25-2008, 07:44 PM
I was wondering does anyone think that rutegard girl is retarded? or really creepy? It's sad to know we got someone insane on our boards.

Cock Joke
06-25-2008, 07:59 PM
I was wondering does anyone think that rutegard girl is retarded? or really creepy? It's sad to know we got someone insane on our boards.

There are a ton of insane people on this board. Why single her out?

IamSam
06-25-2008, 08:10 PM
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g178/jacknife737/fail-24-1.jpg 10 characters

What the hell?

Ryder1234
06-25-2008, 08:12 PM
I like the sounds of that, who's with me?

i /FUCK 10 CHARACTERS IM GONNA FUCKING KILL SOMEONE!!!

OffspringHead
06-25-2008, 09:11 PM
Webby, I already tried this. You have an opinion on this forum and everyone jumps down your throat. It's just the way it is.

But i agree with you. The album was disappointing. Most of you know that already though =D

IamSam
06-25-2008, 10:01 PM
Webby, I already tried this. You have an opinion on this forum and everyone jumps down your throat. It's just the way it is.

But i agree with you. The album was disappointing. Most of you know that already though =D

And just like you he managed to do it in a doucebaggy way. Also, just like you, he didn't really support why he disliked it, but merely stated that he hated it.

However, unlike you, he makes more sense. Based merely on the fact that he is not you.

Conspiracyof1000
06-25-2008, 10:03 PM
If you join to bash the album, at least do it in a constructive way. That was not constructive and instead just "I hate it" over and over.
Therefore, I hate you. :mad:

Rooster
06-26-2008, 06:15 AM
Guess what, Webbydude868?
http://www.offspring.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=105&pictureid=537

OffspringHead
06-26-2008, 10:31 AM
And just like you he managed to do it in a doucebaggy way. Also, just like you, he didn't really support why he disliked it, but merely stated that he hated it.

However, unlike you, he makes more sense. Based merely on the fact that he is not you.

I didn't do it in a Douchbag way. All i said was that the album sucked.

And i supported why i disliked it fine. Maybe you should re-read the thread i posted about a week ago.

Pepsaj
06-26-2008, 11:53 AM
Guess what, Webbydude868?
http://www.offspring.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=105&pictureid=537
Sorry for OT, but would somebody explain what PWND means? PWNED, OWNED etc. It's like "busted" or sth? Some short? Thanks in advance.

Hypodermic_89
06-26-2008, 12:02 PM
Sorry for OT, but would somebody explain what PWND means? PWNED, OWNED etc. It's like "busted" or sth? Some short? Thanks in advance.
pwned = owned.

As you may notice, P and O are next to each other on the keyboard.

"pwned" is making fun of a spelling error which is common among gamers.

"Owned" means that you got.. Well.. Owned..

Imagine this:

You fighting seven pro wrestlers. They break your spine 100 times. You just got owned, or pwned. get it?

Pepsaj
06-26-2008, 12:04 PM
Imagine this:

You fighting seven pro wrestlers. They break your spine 100 times. You just got owned, or pwned. get it?
I guess so. So it's not rude or something? Just sarcastic?

Iamstupid
06-26-2008, 01:30 PM
Here you can have some definition of "owned" :

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=OWNED

Hope it helps you understanding the whole pwned thing

Ristifer
06-26-2008, 02:44 PM

Kylie Minogue? Wtf?!

Are you on crack? I'm not trying to jump on you for your opinion, but if you think any of the new album sounds like Kylie Minogue, then your opinion is pretty much void, and should be insulted by everyone.

I think people need to stop comparing this album to what they think it sounds like, and fucking listen to it and enjoy what it sounds like on its own. It's not Green Day. It's not MCR. It's not Kylie Minogue (Again, wtf?!). It's not your neighbour scratching his balls with his spatula. It's The Offspring. Music that they made themselves. If some influence inserted itself in there, then so what? The problem is, some of you just label the album as an influence you don't want to hear, just so that you still look cool and can say that you don't like slower songs because that's what's popular.

It's shocking that The Offspring has come a long way from the over-saturated, commercial sounds of 'Conspiracy of One' and are showing more energy than ever, and people can only think of some stupid Green Day sound that shows up very briefly. The biggest request before this album came out was less jokey songs. But now that we have, like, two slower songs, the album is no good. So I guess the album after this will need no joke songs or slow songs. Wait, but then all the songs will sound the same because they'll all be mid-tempo to fast songs. Well, shit.

I'm not trying to say you can't like the slower songs. Let's face it, they do drag the album down, but there's really only 2 of them. A Lot Like Me is barely slow.

The comparisons on this record are ridiculous. Listen to it for what it is, not for what it may sound like from the perspective of another artist. You're ruining the experience yourself.

jacknife737
06-26-2008, 03:40 PM

I guarantee you, if they posted their review in the proper thread ("Write your own review..") 90% of the people here would have ignored it, but they choose to draw attention to themselves by creating their own, unnecessary thread. And again, the fact that it was their first post didn't help matters either...

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
06-26-2008, 06:36 PM
I have been an Offspring fan for about 12 years now (Around Ixany)

I don't think I have Ixany. Ixnay On The Hombre on the other hand, is amazing. Is Ixany good too?

HeadAroundU
06-27-2008, 06:23 AM
Haha. I was thinking about her too. She's very young (I guess) and talks too much.

The Search Button
06-27-2008, 07:40 AM
Haha. I was thinking about her too. She's very young (I guess) and talks too much.

She's not that young.

But you're right. She's crazy and talks too much.

You can see her here alongside Dexter and Nodles at Rock in Rio 2008.

http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31750&page=40

\o/

HeadAroundU
06-27-2008, 08:12 AM
It looks like she has a crazy hyper teenager mind, but that's maybe because she's obsessed offspring fan.

Yeah, she gave Dexter some cakes and then said he would throw them away. :)

Camilamazed
06-27-2008, 09:02 AM
The Offspring have just lost it and I’m fed up of waiting for something good to come out musically.

Tired of waiting? don't wait anymore. Go find yourself some other bands to listen to.

Easy.

dexter85
06-27-2008, 09:19 AM
No fucking way. get the fuck out of here. You seriously make me so angry that you make me wanna hurt small puppies. Nobody wants you here. Fuck off. Don't register on this forum just to complain, you piece of shit asshole. God dammit, we don't need you. There are more bands in this world, you fucking cunt.

So we are only allowed to write in this forum, if we praise the band fulsomely?
I bet that'll make this a many-faceted and informative forum.

Dexter_italy
06-27-2008, 09:33 AM

the fact is that there's no need to start new threads every hour to say an opinion, just find an old one and add the comment. everyone instead open a new thread thinking it'll be an illumination for the others.
I personally like the albu, if others don't I wouldn't care less, but coming here and seeing a new useless thread every day it's annoying. And also because people don't write theyr opionions, but they're like " the band is sellout, they ripp off this or that band, what where they doing and bla bla bla"

Darkruler
06-27-2008, 09:45 AM
No offense,but you're almost the 50th person who came here and start a thread about how disappointing the new album is.Ok it's your opinion but who can you speak in the name of millions?
Please come up with a constructive critisism,not with "they sound like greenday" again.
"they sound like greenday" is a pretty good argument if you ask me.

Can all of you dick rider fanboys take it easy?

The new album isn't The Offspring, it has nothing from them, it's a new thing, some like it, some don't.

We have the same right as you to come here and speak our mind, I don't like the album and it will take more then some enraged emo kids in a forum with "I H8U" lines to stop me from saying this.

I want to see good music from them again, I'm still a fan, so please, retards, don't tell others to shut up just because you have wet dreams with Dexter.

Hypodermic_89
06-27-2008, 09:49 AM
Don't be a wise-ass. It just pisses me off that some idiot comes on to this forum, and the VERY FIRST post he makes is dedicated to bashing the new album. Do you really think we NEED that? Just because you have the freedom of expression doesn't mean you need to do it.

Sometimes it's better to just shut the fuck up.

The new album isn't The Offspring, it has nothing from them, it's a new thing, some like it, some don't.

We have the same right as you to come here and speak our mind, I don't like the album and it will take more then some enraged emo kids in a forum with "I H8U" lines to stop me from saying this.

I want to see good music from them again, I'm still a fan, so please, retards, don't tell others to shut up just because you have wet dreams with Dexter.
Yes, you do have the same right, but that doesn't mean that you absolutely have to come here and speak your mind. Do you actually feel any sense of accomplishment by coming on here and saying negative things that no one wants to hear?

dexter85
06-27-2008, 09:50 AM
the fact is that there's no need to start new threads every hour to say an opinion, just find an old one and add the comment. everyone instead open a new thread thinking it'll be an illumination for the others.
I personally like the albu, if others don't I wouldn't care less, but coming here and seeing a new useless thread every day it's annoying. And also because people don't write theyr opionions, but they're like " the band is sellout, they ripp off this or that band, what where they doing and bla bla bla"

Ok, so people write the same threads, what's the big deal? Those who replies to the threads saying that the subject already exists in a different threat are no better. They should just ignore it.

Drums beating in my Heart
06-27-2008, 09:56 AM

Ofcourse it's a new thing!!! It is a new album, you retard!!!
And if you want a forum with emo-kids, try My Chemical Romance!!!

Free?
06-27-2008, 09:57 AM

It is about HOW you criticize the album, not about allowing critics or not. And like 99.99% of haters-newcomers here post nothing that makes sense.

And what about first 4 songs + Stuff Is Messed Up? to me they sound pretty Offspring-ish, so RAFRAG is not made completely of non-oldschool-offspring stuff. And yeah.... After S/T there was Ignition that sounded like non-offspring stuff. After Ignition there was Smash that sounded somewhat different again. Then Ixnay. Then Americana.... You can't really decide how does it sound in a moment. Only after a year or two. If you do, then prepeare to repeat such thing when the next album will come.

Darkruler
06-27-2008, 09:59 AM
Don't be a wise-ass. It just pisses me off that some idiot comes on to this forum, and the VERY FIRST post he makes is dedicated to bashing the new album. Do you really think we NEED that? Just because you have the freedom of expression doesn't mean you need to do it.

Sometimes it's better to just shut the fuck up.

Yes, you do have the same right, but that doesn't mean that you absolutely have to come here and speak your mind. Do you actually feel any sense of accomplishment by coming on here and saying negative things that no one wants to hear?
Nobody absolutely has to come here and do anything, it's a forum, it's to post messages, I'm posting my message.

Now, I've been a fan, for a LONG time now, the band has truly inspired me in the past and the music was superb, so yes, I have the right to come here with my negativeness, they changed, they disappointed, after so long waiting, after a very short Splinter with almost no taste, I was expecting something big.

Most of the idiots fully behind the new album are new kids who know nothing about The Offspring...

Capricorn4
06-27-2008, 10:16 AM

Well if you read my post properly you would know that I never said shut up
to him or replying in a harsh way,just suggested to write a constructive criticism.
Of course you have the right to not like the album and speak up,but wasting time just to create a new thread to say how the new album sucks is ridiculous and thats the reason why many people reacted like this way,because there's another thread called write your own review.
If you don't like it feel free to speak up,I'm not trying to convince anybody,I've written down my thoughts about this just like you.

Hypodermic_89
06-27-2008, 10:55 AM
Nobody absolutely has to come here and do anything, it's a forum, it's to post messages, I'm posting my message.

Now, I've been a fan, for a LONG time now, the band has truly inspired me in the past and the music was superb, so yes, I have the right to come here with my negativeness, they changed, they disappointed, after so long waiting, after a very short Splinter with almost no taste, I was expecting something big.

Most of the idiots fully behind the new album are new kids who know nothing about The Offspring...
Well then that just means that you don't really seem to support them. You just think it's about you. They're the band, they don't have to do something BIG just because you think Splinter sucked. Don't take it out on the band just because your personal expectations weren't fulfilled.

Oh, and please don't tell me that you're referring to me with that "kids who know nothing about The Offspring", because I know atleast as much as you do, if not more.

Redjie
06-27-2008, 11:07 AM
You guys must really like arguing with each others.

Hypodermic_89
06-27-2008, 11:12 AM
You guys must really like arguing with each others.
Dude, I don't LIKE it. And so far, it seems to be pointless.

webbydude868
06-27-2008, 11:14 AM
thanks,

I new some "real" offspring fans were gonna be on my side.

the kids with the bad mouths just don't have any idea.

the kids posting these retarded messages are probably those pussy's you see at offspring gigs, stood at the front looking real "Rock" and they do all the "rock" hand signals. by the way I would like to say to these people that i blame you and your image for offsprings apauling music

How many more do you reckon we can get on this ship of offsspring crap new music?

Hypodermic_89
06-27-2008, 11:22 AM
thanks,

I new some "real" offspring fans were gonna be on my side.

the kids with the bad mouths just don't have any idea.

the kids posting these retarded messages are probably those pussy's you see at offspring gigs, stood at the front looking real "Rock" and they do all the "rock" hand signals. by the way I would like to say to these people that i blame you and your image for offsprings apauling music

How many more do you reckon we can get on this ship of offsspring crap new music?
Oh so you're the self-procalimed "REAL" Offspring fan?

Tell me this: What the hell is a REAL fan according to you?

Redjie
06-27-2008, 11:56 AM
Dude, I don't LIKE it. And so far, it seems to be pointless.

I can see it. I'm serious (not being sarcastic). I got your point & I think you're right. In most of it.

And let's see it this way: This is a forum. Everybody is able to express their feelings. We don't feel the same, we don't think the same. But it's pointless to open a stupid thread everytime someone needs to bash on the new album. It's dumb & make those same people look like attention whore's. It seems that they are actually looking for things like this one to happen.

I don't want to start any fight in here or something but there's somethin calle "to give your opinion" and another one called "to give your opinion in a dumb way & to look like an attention whore". Guess which one started this.

lekkervoorje
06-27-2008, 12:00 PM
Seriously, Hypodermic_89 owned u guys plenty for now. Go do something useful with your time kkthx.

The new album is different from others, just like every other album The Offspring made is different from each other. Please do me a favor and name 2 albums that sound roughly the same to any of their other albums.

Sure, they have some songs that have the same concept. But that doesnt mean that Trust in you is exactly the same as Smash. Or that Rise and fall is a 100% cover of American Idiot.

The new album is fine. It has some really good songs, it has songs that are fast, slow , angry or sensitive. Its a good mix of old style Offspring, and a newer more mature style. It also has some songs that could be called filler's, but in the end all the songs on the album are solid and unique on the album. Lyrically the album is really strong, guitaring is awesome, drumming is excellent and Dexter uses every bit of his voice spread out over the album.

All in all an excellent album, if you dont like it thats your choice. But please, if you really want to bash on the album do it in a constructive way. I cant imagine that u hate every song, and that u dont like even a couple of the songs. If thats so, u stopped being an Offspring fan a long time ago and probably moved on to other bands. Your choice, but dont bash Dexter and his crew for it.

Thomas
06-27-2008, 12:05 PM
This is pissing me off to no end. Both sides of the argument are acting completely ridiculous.

If you like the album, good for you! I love the album myself but I don't feel the need to act childish to everyone who doesn't like it. No need to call everybody a "whiner" or something else because they disagree with you.

If you DON'T like the album, be civilized about everything you say. Just because YOU don't like it, it doesn't mean that your word is gospel and if someone disagrees with you, it's wrong.

WebbyDude, in your two posts you have proved that you have nothing constructive to say except that the album sucks and we all suck for liking it. If you are going to post a negative review, do it in the proper place. It has been said before, but if you posted this in the stickied thread, then most people would either ignore this post or discuss it with you in a civilized manner.

You people ALL need to realize that the 1st Amendment DOES NOT EXIST in these forums. The freedom of speech goes to the publisher, not the writer. In this case, the publisher is The Offspring BBS admin, who is represented through the moderators (who have been EXTREMELY nice to everyone who has been acting like a prick lately). You DO NOT have the right to post whatever you want here. If they so choose, the mods/admins could easily delete all of your posts and ban your account with no rights infringements whatsoever. If they wanted to, they could only allow discussion of the new album in a positive manner, but they have been ridiculously leanient toward everybody, even the most harsh critics of them. Be grateful for what you are allowed to say and do EVERYONE the favor of posting in a mature fashion in the proper location (i.e. stickied threads for reviews). Frankly, I'm surprised THIS thread still exists because it breaks so many rules in the offspring.com/forums guidelines.

Hypodermic_89
06-27-2008, 01:37 PM
Seriously, Hypodermic_89 owned u guys plenty for now. Go do something useful with your time kkthx.

The new album is different from others, just like every other album The Offspring made is different from each other. Please do me a favor and name 2 albums that sound roughly the same to any of their other albums.

Sure, they have some songs that have the same concept. But that doesnt mean that Trust in you is exactly the same as Smash. Or that Rise and fall is a 100% cover of American Idiot.

The new album is fine. It has some really good songs, it has songs that are fast, slow , angry or sensitive. Its a good mix of old style Offspring, and a newer more mature style. It also has some songs that could be called filler's, but in the end all the songs on the album are solid and unique on the album. Lyrically the album is really strong, guitaring is awesome, drumming is excellent and Dexter uses every bit of his voice spread out over the album.

All in all an excellent album, if you dont like it thats your choice. But please, if you really want to bash on the album do it in a constructive way. I cant imagine that u hate every song, and that u dont like even a couple of the songs. If thats so, u stopped being an Offspring fan a long time ago and probably moved on to other bands. Your choice, but dont bash Dexter and his crew for it.
I like you. yes I do

jacknife737
06-27-2008, 11:41 PM
You people ALL need to realize that the 1st Amendment DOES NOT EXIST in these forums. The freedom of speech goes to the publisher, not the writer. In this case, the publisher is The Offspring BBS admin, who is represented through the moderators (who have been EXTREMELY nice to everyone who has been acting like a prick lately). You DO NOT have the right to post whatever you want here. If they so choose, the mods/admins could easily delete all of your posts and ban your account with no rights infringements whatsoever. If they wanted to, they could only allow discussion of the new album in a positive manner, but they have been ridiculously leanient toward everybody, even the most harsh critics of them. Be grateful for what you are allowed to say and do EVERYONE the favor of posting in a mature fashion in the proper location (i.e. stickied threads for reviews). Frankly, I'm surprised THIS thread still exists because it breaks so many rules in the offspring.com/forums guidelines.

Quoted for truth. You're all free to voice your opinions, as long as you do it in a constructive and thoughtful way. Creating several pointless threads that are all the same, is just silly. Voice your opinion where it counts "ie the review thread". And to be honest, if you don't like the new album, why waste your time coming to GOD? Obviously the discussions are going to be focused on the new album, why is there a need to create this sentiment of negativity? Go outside, or read a book, bitching over the internet never solved anything.

Quoted for lulz.

Rave21
06-27-2008, 11:57 PM

uhhh I love the album and I've been a fan since Americana(which,to "the new kids",i don't feel makes me better than any of you). I think I know enough to make it count.and by the way, what the hell! One would think an INSPIRED "..FAN,for a long time.." would be a bit more appreciative.

IamSam
06-28-2008, 12:22 AM

Well strip me down and call me sparky, apparently 21 is the new 9.

I'm fully behind the new album and I'm 21 years old and enjoy the bands entire discography (with the exception of S/T...I find it grating).

So, what I'm saying, is try another argument.

keonii7
06-28-2008, 12:28 AM
Well strip me down and call me sparky, apparently 21 is the new 9.

I'm fully behind the new album and I'm 21 years old and enjoy the bands entire discography (with the exception of S/T...I find it grating).

So, what I'm saying, is try another argument.

Me too. Everything exactly.