PDA

View Full Version : All of this bad talk a bout RAFRAG is making me depressed!!!

pyro offspring
06-25-2008, 05:14 PM
i think it was agreat album and isnt as bad as what people say

Rooster
06-25-2008, 05:25 PM
i think it was agreat album and isnt as bad as what people say

Just don't bother what other say. It matters if YOU like the album. I deffinitely do :D

Besides, i think that most fans like the album and only minority os fans don't.

Nemesis881
06-25-2008, 05:26 PM
I agree man.
it's definitely not getting the recognition it deserves. Hopefully the mainstream will realize that the offspring put out a phenomenal record after 5 years of waiting and sales will sky-rocket for them. :cool:

pyro offspring
06-25-2008, 05:26 PM
Just don't bother what other say. It matters if YOU like the album. I deffinitely do :D

Besides, i think that most fans like the album and only minority os fans don't.

it still makes me sad

Come out and smash'em up!
06-25-2008, 05:30 PM
it annoys me too, i can't compare it yet to other offspring albums, but it's a great album. thats for sure. only bad thing is the track order, the beginning is too powerful compared to the end.

pyro offspring
06-25-2008, 05:34 PM
it annoys me too, i can't compare it yet to other offspring albums, but it's a great album. thats for sure. only bad thing is the track order, the beginning is too powerful compared to the end.

thats how i feel about every album...not just the offspring

Xyrin
06-25-2008, 05:35 PM
It's my favorite album so far.

What do you think about it?

That's all that really matters.

pyro offspring
06-25-2008, 05:39 PM
It's my favorite album so far.

What do you think about it?

That's all that really matters.

you would think thats all that matters... but its not...

F@ BANKZ
06-25-2008, 05:41 PM
I have to say that it is pretty annoying, but when The Offspring change their sound so much it can only be expected.

pyro offspring
06-25-2008, 05:46 PM
I have to say that it is pretty annoying, but when The Offspring change their sound so much it can only be expected.

fuck!!!!!!!!!! every album sounds different...

Rooster
06-25-2008, 05:57 PM

You're right, it should be expected. For me it's annoying only when some dumbshits flame the album in an insulting way ("this sucks, they sold out, you're a douche if you're listening this" and so on). But the bad reviews by media...well, i guess that reviewers and media are used to listen Shitney Spears, Kitty Minogue or some shitty emo bands (like we-think-we-are-not-emo My Chemical Divorce) which they praise a lot.

We should be just glad that we are smarter than them and that we actually know what real music is. So forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.

Peace

Xyrin
06-25-2008, 05:58 PM
fuck!!!!!!!!!! every album sounds different...

Isn't that a GOOD thing?

I would of gotten bored with The Offspring if every album sounded the same...

Disturbed, System of a Down..etc etc.

The only reason why I bought the new CD of Slipknot was because the sound changed.

pyro offspring
06-25-2008, 06:03 PM
Isn't that a GOOD thing?

I would of gotten bored with The Offspring if every album sounded the same...

Disturbed, System of a Down..etc etc.

The only reason why I bought the new CD of Slipknot was because the sound changed.

exactly... i dont like greenday because all of their old stuff sounds the same

KrispyNotKrunchy
06-25-2008, 06:20 PM
In my opinion this is the best Offspring album ever, and believe me, that is not an easy thing to do. And I have yet to see a professional review that is over 6 out of 10. Yet no matter where you see fans on the web, they (usually) sing its praises. Even on the "review" sites with terrible reviews, there's a shitload of fans arguing their points that makes it an 8 or even 10 out of 10. So basically what you can learn from this, is that people who like Offspring, for the most part, like RAFRAG. But in a society that worships singers like "Shitney Spears" (I thought that was funny), I'm glad the media doesn't like it. Cuz isn't that the meaning of punk anyway? Non-conformity, sing cuz you wanna sing, don't give a damn what people think?

This is a solid album. I don't much like Fix You or Rock Bottom, but all 10 other tracks I would give a perfect score. I can't get enough of YGGFK, Half-Trusim, Takes Me Nowhere, Lot Like Me, Stuff is Messed Up, and yes, even Rise and Fall.

Its true the only thing that matters is what you think, but I really do wish The Offspring would take over the world cuz they are #1 in my book.

KrispyNotKrunchy
06-25-2008, 06:23 PM
Plus, if every album sounded the same, I would lose interest fast. I used to like Disturbed, Pennywise, Lagwagon... it just got so "familiar" that I stopped caring.

pyro offspring
06-25-2008, 06:29 PM
they deffianetly deserve more than 6/10

Come out and smash'em up!
06-25-2008, 06:45 PM
this my sound lika a teen 14 old, but i have to quote a turbonegro song.

fuck the world

really,There are some things that could be better on the album, but people shouldn't concentrate on them. the first 6 songs, pure gold almost all of them, then the two slow ballads kristy and fix you. well every album needs few beutiful chilling songs (except bands like slayer or exodus, but lets stay on offspring). these two songs aren't maby as great as gone away or dirty magic, but time will tell. at the first time i heard dirty magic,i didn't bring any feelings in me. now i think it's the best ballad/love song etc.. in the world. Nothingtown has great experiments with guitars and bass. stuff is messed up = a great punk attitude song, hopefully they´ll start playing it live. Only song that i don't get is rise and fall. I wouldn't like to mention the fact that has been said like thousend times, but i can't help it that it reminds me of american idiot too much, and it has a too happy poppy sound.

i apoligize the fact, that i'm a bad writer. it was a flow of mind.

pyro offspring
06-25-2008, 06:50 PM
this my sound lika a teen 14 old, but i have to quote a turbonegro song.

fuck the world

really,There are some things that could be better on the album, but people shouldn't concentrate on them. the first 6 songs, pure gold almost all of them, then the two slow ballads kristy and fix you. well every album needs few beutiful chilling songs (except bands like slayer or exodus, but lets stay on offspring). these two songs aren't maby as great as gone away or dirty magic, but time will tell. at the first time i heard dirty magic,i didn't bring any feelings in me. now i think it's the best ballad/love song etc.. in the world. Nothingtown has great experiments with guitars and bass. stuff is messed up = a great punk attitude song, hopefully they´ll start playing it live. Only song that i don't get is rise and fall. I wouldn't like to mention the fact that has been said like thousend times, but i can't help it that it reminds me of american idiot too much, and it has a too happy poppy sound.

i apoligize the fact, that i'm a bad writer. it was a flow of mind.

i didnt like dirty magic at first either...but kristy and fix you i liked the first time

Conspiracyof1000
06-25-2008, 08:57 PM
I like it a lot, and after the initial bad reviews I read I just said "Fuck it" and ignored them. Since I'm the only one who matters when it comes to music I like, you know.

pyro offspring
06-25-2008, 10:36 PM
I like it a lot, and after the initial bad reviews I read I just said "Fuck it" and ignored them. Since I'm the only one who matters when it comes to music I like, you know.

yes... but i get mad when...Rrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Conspiracyof1000
06-25-2008, 10:47 PM
They make me mad, too. But it's not like they'll listen if we complain to them that they were unfair.

pyro offspring
06-25-2008, 10:50 PM
ya... your right...fucking bastards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ok im calm

pyro offspring
06-26-2008, 12:37 AM
i dont want to get worked up again...

Budzy
06-26-2008, 12:46 AM
plastic CD case and a change of order of the track listing. all i would change. i didnt like Fix you at first (still dont really), but i think its good to have a song like that on a new album to mix things up a lil, cause a bit of a stir, whther u like it or not thats ur opinion.
i like the album. i do get annoyed with ppl saying ITS SHIT but i respect their opinion if they can argue they're case without sounding like a douchebag (thats a hard feat). offspring have come a long way for a band. the sound differs from album to album, although i thought splinters had a real meddly of all albums put 2gether. splinter didnt have its own style, but i still love it.
so yeah. and if your still reading this i am happy that sum1 could be fucked reading all that, cos i just spent 5 minutes typing it up. :D

pyro offspring
06-26-2008, 12:48 AM
plastic CD case and a change of order of the track listing. all i would change. i didnt like Fix you at first (still dont really), but i think its good to have a song like that on a new album to mix things up a lil, cause a bit of a stir, whther u like it or not thats ur opinion.
i like the album. i do get annoyed with ppl saying ITS SHIT but i respect their opinion if they can argue they're case without sounding like a douchebag (thats a hard feat). offspring have come a long way for a band. the sound differs from album to album, although i thought splinters had a real meddly of all albums put 2gether. splinter didnt have its own style, but i still love it.
so yeah. and if your still reading this i am happy that sum1 could be fucked reading all that, cos i just spent 5 minutes typing it up. :D

if it makes you feel good... i read it all

Budzy
06-26-2008, 12:50 AM
if it makes you feel good... i read it all

naww thats nice of u.
did it sound like bullshit?

pyro offspring
06-26-2008, 12:52 AM
naww thats nice of u.
did it sound like bullshit?

no... not realy...it kind of made me feel better

Budzy
06-26-2008, 12:57 AM
good stuff.
sounded like bullshit to me. haha :P
tho ive written like 20 things on rfrg now so im probably just contradicting myself on everything i say.

Conspiracyof1000
06-26-2008, 12:59 AM
I read it all, too. :D

pyro offspring
good stuff.
sounded like bullshit to me. haha :P
tho ive written like 20 things on rfrg now so im probably just contradicting myself on everything i say.

ok... cool...

RazielSR
I have the same feeling. That people who is blaming against RAFRAG, annoys me.

And many people just register to make a topic saying how bad rafrag is.

RAFRAG is a wonderful album and Offspring is gonna have a lot of success. Forget about bad vibes and enjoy this fantastic album!!

pyro offspring
06-26-2008, 01:02 AM
ya.. i love the album...

ThunderPX
06-26-2008, 04:36 AM
Well go fucking kill yourself if you're so depressed. You'd do us all a favour.

medi01
06-26-2008, 04:51 AM
Well go fucking kill yourself if you're so depressed. You'd do us all a favour.

agreeeeddd

oh_strange_one
06-26-2008, 04:56 AM
so what the new album isnt like the old stuff its still a god damn good album but everyone has their own opinion

but seriously if they started going bk to the old days wouldnt people complain saying that the offspring dont have any fresh ideas

they cant win either way so each to their own, personally i thought the new album was great and i dont think they needed to improve it at all :)

Rutegard
06-26-2008, 05:41 AM
so what the new album isnt like the old stuff its still a god damn good album but everyone has their own opinion

but seriously if they started going bk to the old days wouldnt people complain saying that the offspring dont have any fresh ideas

they cant win either way so each to their own, personally i thought the new album was great and i dont think they needed to improve it at all :)

i'm with you strange!!

well said!!

Dead Kennedy
06-26-2008, 05:45 AM
pyro offspring: All of this bad talk a bout RAFRAG is making me depressed!!!

me: So dont be vain and dont be whiny or else,pyro offspring, I might have to get medieval on your hiney!!!

(Weird Al Yankovic, Amish Paradise)