PDA

View Full Version : Ipod/Itunes Help?

OffspringHead
06-25-2008, 08:39 PM
So about 4 months ago i had to completely restore my computer cause it had a huge virus on it. I lost about 5000 songs.

For the past 4 months I re-downloaded my music but only got up to about 2000 songs. Since I'm a pretty big fan of under-ground metal, I was having a tough time replacing all of the music I lost. A friend of mine (A huge metal-head and listens to the same undergroud shit i do and much more) bought a brand new external hard drive and he had over 20,000 songs on it so i borrowed it and took what i wanted from the external hard drive and directly (through a USB port) put it onto my computer. The music I took worked fine and it is all saved onto my computer in my Itunes folder but now my Ipod is having a tough time being able to sync all the music.

Halfway through the sync process, my Ipod and Itunes will just freeze and I'll lose all the music on my Ipod and an error message will pop up with just numbers. I've tried restoring my Ipod, re-installing Itunes, and running virus scan.

So as of now, I'm stuck with no music on my Ipod but about 6,000 songs on my Itunes. Is anyone good with these types of things before I send my Ipod into Apple? Or has this happened to anyone else?

0r4ng3
06-25-2008, 10:47 PM
I don't know exactly what the problem could be, but maybe you're just overworking it. I would set it to manual update, and click+drag a fraction of the songs at a time. Maybe a few hundred. That may or may not work.

Endymion
06-25-2008, 11:32 PM
I don't know exactly what the problem could be, but maybe you're just overworking it. I would set it to manual update, and click+drag a fraction of the songs at a time. Maybe a few hundred. That may or may not work.

that's exactly what i was going to recommend. itunes has trouble with large bulk transfers.

OffspringHead
06-26-2008, 10:17 AM
I actually have done this already and it worked. But now that isn't working at all...