PDA

View Full Version : Who thinks the mods are dicks

pyro offspring
06-25-2008, 10:59 PM
i do... i bet this will get closed fast... but it will be worth it...

WebDudette
06-25-2008, 11:14 PM
Generally there is a longer break between the Mod hate phases. This one came a little fast.

pyro offspring
06-26-2008, 12:02 AM
Generally there is a longer break between the Mod hate phases. This one came a little fast.

what? 1010101010

Budzy
06-26-2008, 12:13 AM
lol..........

medi01
06-26-2008, 01:41 AM
i do...

i don't, but i think ur a dick

Budzy
06-26-2008, 01:44 AM
wow this ones from pyro offspring as well.
spam threadmaking much?

medi01
06-26-2008, 01:53 AM
wow this ones from pyro offspring as well.
spam threadmaking much?

...he has like millions of lame threads...and half of them to do with being gay...he's getting on my nerves:mad:

Conspiracyof1000
06-26-2008, 01:58 AM
...he has like millions of lame threads...and half of them to do with being gay...he's getting on my nerves:mad:

In the next thread he posts I'm going to put my famous Dex in short-shorts pic to scare him off.
But if he's gay...it might turn him on a bit. EW. :eek:

medi01
06-26-2008, 02:14 AM
In the next thread he posts I'm going to put my famous Dex in short-shorts pic to scare him off.
But if he's gay...it might turn him on a bit. EW. :eek:

...me thinks he is gay

Budzy
06-26-2008, 02:38 AM
yeah its pretty lame.
calling mods dicks doesnt make you badass. they do a good job sorting through all the shitty threads that people make.
and ur making them work over time.

Redjie
06-26-2008, 03:32 AM
i do...

& I bet that's all jealous.
& yet again, what's the point in this thread? I'm officially surrounded with pointless & useless minds.

ad8
06-26-2008, 03:38 AM
Cry, baby cry.

Mota Boy
06-26-2008, 05:43 AM
...he has like millions of lame threads...and half of them to do with being gay...he's getting on my nervesUnfortunately, we're not actually big enough dicks to ban people just for being lame.

i do... i bet this will get closed fast... but it will be worth it...Ha! I find the kiddies that act as though they are "martyring" themselves on the internet to be hilarious. It's really easy to "fight" for what you believe in when it entails posting something on the internet from your home PC. These kids wouldn't know real sacrifice if it starved themselves in their face. Ooooooh, you invested thirty seconds of your time to make a topic that will then be closed. You're about as edgy as they come.

Endymion
06-26-2008, 06:26 AM
at first glance i thought this thread was titled "who thinks the mods are chicks"

Rooster
06-26-2008, 07:06 AM
Perhaps you think you're a tru punx for starting such stupid threads. But guess what.... tru punx are NOT homophobs like you and they don't start a fight without a real reason

JohnnyNemesis
06-26-2008, 07:13 AM
Ooooooh, you invested thirty seconds of your time to make a topic that will then be closed.

On top of that, why would this thread be closed?

Anyway, to answer the question, I think the mods are dicks.

Little_Miss_1565
06-26-2008, 07:24 AM
Oh shit, Pyro, are you going to make a thread asking if we're gay next?

Rag Doll
06-26-2008, 07:38 AM
if the mods are dicks, i definitely vote for nude mods.

F@ BANKZ
06-26-2008, 07:58 AM
...me thinks he is gay

Racist!
:mad:

drummerbecca
06-26-2008, 08:07 AM
Racist!
:mad:

Erm, don't you mean homophobe? Racist suggests prejudice against someone because of their skin colour, not their sexual orientation. I'm sure you knew that though. Sorry, not taking sides, just though I'd point that out.

Rooster
06-26-2008, 08:15 AM
I don't think mods are dicks....some of them are actually females :D

Mods are not dicks, you are, because you make stupid threads to make yourself look like a rebel. Stop doing that, it's pointless.

And stop make threads like "what you would do if you found out that everyone else around you, even your dog, is gay" or something like that. What do you have against homosexuals? I'm straight (or a lesbian trapped inside male body :D) and i don't see why anyone should be afraid of them.

Mota Boy
06-26-2008, 09:27 AM
On top of that, why would this thread be closed?Oh, he probably likes to believe we actually give a rat's ass about what he thinks and that people share his opinion, making it dangerous rather than merely somewhat-bland entertainment.

IamSam
06-26-2008, 03:03 PM
I think the important question is how big are the mods' dicks?

Cock Joke
06-26-2008, 06:21 PM
at first glance i thought this thread was titled "who thinks the mods are chicks"
So did I!!!

At the thread starter, the mods don't have to be nice 100% of the time, I'm not sure what's going on but you probably did something to piss them off and as a result they insulted you or something. Don't worry, happens to me all the time! ;)

leo3375
06-27-2008, 12:15 AM
Maybe this thread would be more productive as a place to express concerns about some of the mods and ask questions about decorum so that things are better clarified.

Issues that can be raised include why certain threads or posts were deleted, the best way to keep larger threads on topic, aliases, etc.

As a mod on another forum (not Offspring-related), I've seen my fair share of troubles. Often, I will lock a thread or split it and then lock the off-topicness, or split it so that the off-topicness becomes its own thread if it warrants any further discussion.

I think it was smart on the part of the mods here to split the RAFRAG Reviews Thread into published reviews and Board member reviews so it wouldn't become a clusterfuck of personal reviews and discussions of published reviews.

- -Lauren- -
06-27-2008, 02:15 AM
the moderators are GREAT.

they clean this place up and get rid of all the shit that people LIKE YOU post. maybe you should think a little more when you decide to create a thread.

ask yourself:
how important is this?
has it been done before?
how stupid are people going to think i am?

pleaseandthankyou.

T-6005
06-27-2008, 03:31 AM
Everyone likes to believe that they're a dangerous subversive element in the face of oppressive authority every once in a while.

ThunderPX
06-27-2008, 04:18 AM
Everyone likes to believe that they're a dangerous subversive element in the face of oppressive authority every once in a while.

FUCK YOU I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME

MOTHERFUCKEEEEEEEEEEEER

Smash punker
06-27-2008, 04:36 AM
The mods. Fuck them :D Just ignore them :D Thatīs the way I went before, but one them (Tijs) was giving me hard time, cause I was acting completely like a fool. Just didnīt know, how it goes on BBS, but gave me some advices and he also met Offspring, so respect now. :D Just one question: How can you become a mod? And have such connections with Offspring? :D

Little_Miss_1565
06-27-2008, 07:16 AM
Issues that can be raised include why certain threads or posts were deleted, the best way to keep larger threads on topic, aliases, etc.

Volume is so high right now, especially in GOD, that there just isn't time to say somewhere why posts were deleted, especially since the rules are posted in every forum and the answer to "why was my post deleted?" is, generally, "because it broke one of the rules."

One of the things we've been discussing amongst ourselves is posting something publicly when a member gets banned so everyone knows what happened. That might be a violation of privacy for the banned member, though. Does that matter? What do you guys think?

0r4ng3
06-27-2008, 07:28 AM
It shouldn't matter if it invades their privacy. Since they're banned, they won't be here to see said invasion. I say go for it.

nieh
06-27-2008, 08:02 AM
I agree that it really shouldn't be seen as an invasion of privacy, but in most cases an explanation is not really necessary since why the person was banned is normally pretty obvious. Also, making a thread about it kind of gives the trolls extra attention.

The Search Button
06-27-2008, 08:22 AM
It's this the official place to bash the mods?

I was felling kinda bored, asked for directions to a place to relax and someone indicated me this bearing.

So, am I on the right location?

Free?
06-27-2008, 09:20 AM
So far I like Tijs, L_M_1565 and Vera pretty much. They do their job fine and they aren't assholes who use their power without saying any good reason. Is this another pyro offspring's thread to get more attention? Rebel-style this time?

leo3375
06-27-2008, 09:46 AM
Volume is so high right now, especially in GOD, that there just isn't time to say somewhere why posts were deleted, especially since the rules are posted in every forum and the answer to "why was my post deleted?" is, generally, "because it broke one of the rules."

One of the things we've been discussing amongst ourselves is posting something publicly when a member gets banned so everyone knows what happened. That might be a violation of privacy for the banned member, though. Does that matter? What do you guys think?

That wouldn't be a good idea because it is an invasion of privacy and the banned member could still read the boards, but would be unable to do something about it. (Except create a new account with another email address.)

Here's another issue: Where is the line drawn when it comes to photos and info on relatives of the band? Obviously, it is prohibited, but are there exceptions? (Someone's a musician, for example.) Are photos containing relatives that were published in magazines okay? If those photos contain someone who was under 18 at the time of publication okay, because the magazine would have to have had a parent's permission to publish them? Or is such content prohibited, no exceptions?

I ask this because of the fiasco involving some photos a few years back that involved Greg's mom and Noodles' daughter. Although no one seemed to care about Mama Greg, the thread that had the picture of Miss Wasserman devolved into an argument about whether or not they're permissible to post.

Little_Miss_1565
06-27-2008, 01:17 PM
Here's another issue: Where is the line drawn when it comes to photos and info on relatives of the band? Obviously, it is prohibited, but are there exceptions? (Someone's a musician, for example.) Are photos containing relatives that were published in magazines okay? If those photos contain someone who was under 18 at the time of publication okay, because the magazine would have to have had a parent's permission to publish them? Or is such content prohibited, no exceptions?

I saw the post you reported. The rule of thumb that Tijs and I have been using is that if it was in a magazine, it's public information. If it turns out that the magazine didn't have permission to publish that, then we'll take action against it on the forums. My guess though is that the magazines would have to get the band's okay to publish (if they didn't get the picture from the band to begin with).

leo3375
06-27-2008, 01:19 PM
I saw the post you reported. The rule of thumb that Tijs and I have been using is that if it was in a magazine, it's public information. If it turns out that the magazine didn't have permission to publish that, then we'll take action against it on the forums. My guess though is that the magazines would have to get the band's okay to publish (if they didn't get the picture from the band to begin with).

That is very good to know. Maybe clarification in the Forum guidelines would help so that there isn't another argument about this.

Little_Miss_1565
06-27-2008, 01:26 PM
I'm not sure it's needed in the forum rules since they specify private information about the band is not allowed and magazines would by definition be public. What does everyone else think?

Rag Doll
06-27-2008, 01:30 PM
I agree with 1565. If it's in a magazine, it's something the band is probably ok with sharing. It's not like Dexter's daughter's best friend's grandma's dog's name or something...you know what I mean.

ad8
06-27-2008, 01:33 PM
I think the important question is how big are the mods' dicks?

Yes. Back to pointless sex threads instead of pointless flame/hate threads:D

Fatally Yours
06-29-2008, 05:56 AM
From what I've seen here so far, the mods do a good job! You could have a lot worse...

Ryder1234
06-29-2008, 08:26 PM
From what I've seen here so far, the mods do a good job! You could have a lot worse...

yeah, atleast you dont get banned for some spam here (which has happened to me before on other sites)

Conspiracyof1000
06-29-2008, 10:46 PM
Was it that guitar site?
I said I was sorry...:(
Or have you been banned more?

adombomb222
06-29-2008, 11:05 PM
i definitely vote for nude mods.

I second that.

Harnum
06-30-2008, 04:46 AM
i favor new mods

:(

leo3375
06-30-2008, 11:39 AM
I second that.

Third! Damn 10-character rule!

JohnnyNemesis
06-30-2008, 11:44 AM
Paypal me 5 cents per n00d and we can get this thing goin'.

IamSam
06-30-2008, 12:45 PM
Paypal me 5 cents per n00d and we can get this thing goin'.

How much total are we talking here...would $5 do it? Cause then I would just write a check...

Rag Doll
06-30-2008, 01:28 PM
Ricky, can we get a discount if we buy in bulk??

0r4ng3
06-30-2008, 01:51 PM
lol, "bulk".

JohnnyNemesis
06-30-2008, 02:19 PM
^I lol'd IRL.

No discounts, I'm too poor! I can, however, lower the price to a cent an inch. Two cents a pic, everyone!

IamSam
06-30-2008, 02:46 PM
lol, "bulk".

lol...you win.

adombomb222
06-30-2008, 10:00 PM
I don't think I got what was said...

Can we do a down payment? And then pay some out every month, I'm getting paid, but I can't safe up too much with how much gas costs.