PDA

View Full Version : Here's what I've been thinking

Thomas
06-27-2008, 11:16 AM
Ever since this new album came out, the forum has ben flooded with trolls, useless threads, and idiotic arguments.

Personally, I think the mods need to be allowed to be more agressive with their moderation. GOD is starting to turn into a giant online gang-fight and quite frankly, it's getting REALLY annoying REALLY fast.

I don't know if this should be considered an "emergency power" sort of thing or what, but personally, I think the mods should really be allowed to crack down on this sort of thing.

Don't get me wrong, I am EXTREMELY appreciative of everything the mods have been doing, especially recently. I'm just thinking that the rules by which the mods abide by should be a bit more relaxed to help deal with this recent flood of bad posting.

Does anybody agree with me or am I just out of my mind?

leo3375
06-27-2008, 11:19 AM
You're right to an extent. It has become a clusterfuck over in the GOD board. Lots of repeat threads and fighting going on. Perhaps getting a few more mods for that forum to keep it in check might help out. Or updating the forum guidelines.

Thomas
06-27-2008, 11:25 AM
ooooh. Getting more mods would be a good idea, and it would even give our current mods a bit of a break that I'm sure they would have no objections to.

Rag Doll
06-27-2008, 11:34 AM
I don't think we need more mods. It would get to the point where we couldn't accomplish anything because we really extensively talk out serious decisions. And it would just be impossible with more people.

Perhaps it would be possible to give a few people the ability to mod GOD as well as their current forum, until the ruckus dies down. Not quite sure, but it is something to consider.

nieh
06-27-2008, 12:23 PM
They need to declare Modshall Law.

Mota Boy
06-27-2008, 12:26 PM
Perhaps it would be possible to give a few people the ability to mod GOD as well as their current forum, until the ruckus dies down. Not quite sure, but it is something to consider.Exactly what I was thinking - call up a one of the more active members from a slower forums. Someone smart, someone dynamic, a real go-getter. A ruggedly handsome, brash young face that could sweep into town and singlehandedly strong-arm an unruly mob into submission.

But who...?

0r4ng3
06-27-2008, 12:30 PM
Mota, your idea makes no sense. I'm not a mod.

Tijs
06-27-2008, 12:39 PM
Exactly what I was thinking - call up a one of the more active members from a slower forums. Someone smart, someone dynamic, a real go-getter. A ruggedly handsome, brash young face that could sweep into town and singlehandedly strong-arm an unruly mob into submission.

But who...?

Yeah let's get JoY or Vera to co-mod GOD.

Mota Boy
06-27-2008, 12:52 PM
In all seriousness, yeah. And I don't think it should be a temporary position either - why bother taking people back off? And who knows how long it'll last? I'm not ever in GOD and I don't have the time, but whichever mods spend a good amount of time there already and are willing to take on the responsibility as well as the rage of the mini-punks, sign 'em up.

Little_Miss_1565
06-27-2008, 01:22 PM
I'm into it. God knows there's more going on in there than we know what to do with, especially since I do a lot more administratively now. Let's discuss in the mod forum. We already have 15 moderators so adding more probably doesn't make sense, but bringing someone over from a quieter forum could be cool.

In the meantime, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make liberal use of the report button when people step out of line. There's no way Tijs and I will be able to catch every little thing that happens on our own right now.

SkunkIt
06-27-2008, 01:34 PM
How about another mod that bounces around or sbstitute mods, for when other mods are on vacation and can't use a computer? I'm sure the mods here do have lives, cause they've pretty much proved it, whether they know they did or not. They're not on a computer all the time, they have better things to do.

Also, what's up with everyone looking at the horse fucking a man to death thread lately? Are those people trolls? Why is it identical to the videotape from hell thread?

Little_Miss_1565
06-27-2008, 01:46 PM
How about another mod that bounces around or sbstitute mods, for when other mods are on vacation and can't use a computer? I'm sure the mods here do have lives, cause they've pretty much proved it, whether they know they did or not. They're not on a computer all the time, they have better things to do.

Also, what's up with everyone looking at the horse fucking a man to death thread lately? Are those people trolls? Why is it identical to the videotape from hell thread?

We have two mods per forum for just such a purpose, plus if there's any extra help needed I have mod rights in all forums, so everyone is free to have lives and then when shit goes down while I'm busy having a life, as was the case a few weekends ago, it's very easy for me to clean it up when I get back. I spend way too much time here.

I have surgery coming up soon and I'm working out a contingency plan for that.

The horse-fucking people are because this forum is heavily spidered by Google, so that is likely people who have been into bestiality. Ew. we should probs delete that shit, huh?

bighead384
07-02-2008, 10:10 AM
I really don't see why you guys are so negative about how things are on this board. It's ridiculous. It's really not that bad, and I may not know quite as much as you guys know about what goes on, but as a person who visits the forums almost everyday, I think I know a thing or two. And it's definitely not as bad as you guys make it out to be. It's fine.

Mota Boy
07-02-2008, 10:17 AM
Part of the problem is that General Offspring Discussion is so much more popular at the moment. It currently is at least as popular, if not more so, than General Chat, yet only has two mods to GC's five. The other part is that most problems are dealt with prior to you seeing them. But just because the Tijs and LM'65 are doing their jobs well doesn't mean that they aren't overworked.

bighead384
07-02-2008, 10:42 AM
Part of the problem is that General Offspring Discussion is so much more popular at the moment. It currently is at least as popular, if not more so, than General Chat, yet only has two mods to GC's five. The other part is that most problems are dealt with prior to you seeing them. But just because the Tijs and LM'65 are doing their jobs well doesn't mean that they aren't overworked.

There's nothing wrong with caring about this forum to an extent, but when you're using words like "overworked", I'm sorry, but there's a problem. Also, I'm sure some things get deleted before I see them (I knew someone would say that) but if I visit this place almost everyday, I'm sure I should see at least some of these atrocious things you speak of. I see none. What are you guys freaking out about? A couple careless or poorly thought out posts by a 16 year old? That doesn't bother anyone but you guys, who prefer to be so negative about this place. Maybe another mod in GOD would be nice, but chill out, nothing is really all that bad.

Mota Boy
07-02-2008, 11:57 AM
What are you guys freaking out about? A couple careless or poorly thought out posts by a 16 year old? That doesn't bother anyone but you guys, who prefer to be so negative about this place. Maybe another mod in GOD would be nice, but chill out, nothing is really all that bad.We're responding to user complaints. Apparently some people are freaking out so badly they believe that even certain moderators should be banned from the forum. We're still awaiting the proof they claimed would be forthcoming, but from the sound of it, it's going to be a devastating and well-thought-out tour de force on the many of the negative issues affecting this place. But sit tight, I have full faith the original whistleblower isn't going to back down just because everyone else disagrees with him. From the sound of it, he's already vocally declaring his position on yet another issue on which he appears to be the only person in the forum who holds his particular viewpoint.

Drums beating in my Heart
07-02-2008, 12:05 PM
We're responding to user complaints. Apparently some people are freaking out so badly they believe that even certain moderators should be banned from the forum. We're still awaiting the proof they claimed would be forthcoming, but from the sound of it, it's going to be a devastating and well-thought-out tour de force on the many of the negative issues affecting this place. But sit tight, I have full faith the original whistleblower isn't going to back down just because everyone else disagrees with him. From the sound of it, he's already vocally declaring his position on yet another issue on which he appears to be the only person in the forum who holds his particular viewpoint.

Do you also have a name??:rolleyes:
:p

HeadAroundU
07-02-2008, 12:38 PM
Number of mods is not a problem I guess. I've only seen mods being late a couple of times. The problem is what to do with album bashers who hate the band's new direction. They spark worthless discussions.

I'm smart, handsome, the offspring fan, I visit GOD a lot, so If I'm needed...:D...I'd better start my campaign, *rips off Obama's charisma*, I swear to all bbs members that I'd create The Wambulance Thread.

bighead384
07-02-2008, 12:52 PM
We're responding to user complaints. Apparently some people are freaking out so badly they believe that even certain moderators should be banned from the forum. We're still awaiting the proof they claimed would be forthcoming, but from the sound of it, it's going to be a devastating and well-thought-out tour de force on the many of the negative issues affecting this place. But sit tight, I have full faith the original whistleblower isn't going to back down just because everyone else disagrees with him. From the sound of it, he's already vocally declaring his position on yet another issue on which he appears to be the only person in the forum who holds his particular viewpoint.

The thing is, I don't have a problem with the majority of the users on this board. You and your crew on the other hand, have this negative, crybaby view of how things are around here(example-this thread). I guess you just can't get that intellectual conversation you crave and expect from "The Offspring BBS". But in reality, almost everyone who comes here intending to have respectful, interesting discussions. And then you get the occasional useless thread or post about every hour or so from some youngster or someone whose not very bright, but it really doesn't bother anyone, because it's very easily ignored, if you choose to ignore it.

Cause you know, that's the goal, right? We like to "ignore" threads that don't seem respectful or intellectually stimulating here, don't we? That's why when someone posts something stupid, none of you jump on the chance to get your fix and have your fun, right?

bighead384
07-02-2008, 12:53 PM
Number of mods is not a problem I guess. I've only seen mods being late a couple of times. The problem is what to do with album bashers who hate the band's new direction. They spark worthless discussions.

NO ONE CARES. It's not that fucking bad.

HeadAroundU
07-02-2008, 12:56 PM
NO ONE CARES. It's not that fucking bad.
Pssst! I'm just trying to get into their secret forum and troll them to death. :D

Little_Miss_1565
07-02-2008, 05:08 PM
Bighead, you may visit the forums "almost every day," but we're on here several times a day, both because we like it, and because we have to be. Whether or not you believe there's a hell of a lot here for us to do unfortunately doesn't make it so. Sorry, but we're human, and after a while people who go out of their way to give us a hard time tends to wear on a person. I would have told the powers that be to stick it when they asked me to step up my responsibilities if I didn't love this place, and I wouldn't have the embarrassing distinction of being on the forums for more than ten years if I was really so down on it. But just like any job, when you are constantly expected to suffer fools lightly it can put you in a not so great mood.

shanna_guarana
07-02-2008, 05:14 PM
omg....I-have-no-opinion-freaks on one place...and creating a plan.....QUICKLY....THE FIRE EXIT!!!!!!!......

bighead384
07-02-2008, 05:31 PM
Bighead, you may visit the forums "almost every day," but we're on here several times a day, both because we like it, and because we have to be. Whether or not you believe there's a hell of a lot here for us to do unfortunately doesn't make it so. Sorry, but we're human, and after a while people who go out of their way to give us a hard time tends to wear on a person. I would have told the powers that be to stick it when they asked me to step up my responsibilities if I didn't love this place, and I wouldn't have the embarrassing distinction of being on the forums for more than ten years if I was really so down on it. But just like any job, when you are constantly expected to suffer fools lightly it can put you in a not so great mood.

I think you guys exaggerate the problems here, plain and simple. Aside from when people were trying to leak the album, I simply cannot believe that there could be that many damn things that absolutely positively must be dealt with. Especially when you consider the fact that no one cares all that much if they see an inappropriate post or two. It's not that big of a deal. Now until I'm a mod, I can't be sure of all this. But common sense allows me to be about 99.9% sure.

Ryder1234
07-02-2008, 05:44 PM
I simply cannot believe that there could be that many damn things that absolutely positively must be dealt with.

ive been on here up to 6 times a day since a month before the leaks. even after the album was out, it was getting to the point where i couldnt even stand being in GOD for more than 5 minutes. it isnt as bad right now, but if you had been on here as much then, youd have seen stuff that HAD to be, and was, deleted right away.
they just dont want it to start again

bighead384
07-02-2008, 05:45 PM
ive been on here up to 6 times a day since a month before the leaks. even after the album was out, it was getting to the point where i couldnt even stand being in GOD for more than 5 minutes. it isnt as bad right now, but if you had been on here as much then, youd have seen stuff that HAD to be, and was, deleted right away.

Guess I must be blind.

Ryder1234
07-02-2008, 05:47 PM
Guess I must be blind.

I guess so

Little_Miss_1565
07-02-2008, 05:56 PM
Cheers, Ryder.

IamSam
07-02-2008, 06:08 PM

Very true. I'm on here almost constantly (I currently have a desk job in an empty dormitory...state job anyone?) and there are many threads that are need to be merged and/or deleted. The mod staff is normally right on top of things. I also have to say that this mod staff is very good at not picking fights on a personal level with posters. I also post on an NFL team board and several of the mods on there constantly pick fights and then ban people for no reason.

Bighead, you don't fall into the 'no reason' category.

Mota Boy
07-02-2008, 08:12 PM
Guess I must be blind.This is what I find hilarious - essentially, your entire opinion - one that you are fervently arguing in the face of dissenting opinions from people that you yourself admit are more informed about the situation than you, is based entirely off of your lack of knowledge on the subject - the things you don't see. It's rather astounding in the scope of its absurdity.

bighead384
07-02-2008, 08:28 PM
This is what I find hilarious - essentially, your entire opinion - one that you are fervently arguing in the face of dissenting opinions from people that you yourself admit are more informed about the situation than you, is based entirely off of your lack of knowledge on the subject - the things you don't see. It's rather astounding in the scope of its absurdity.

This is easily the dumbest thing I've seen you write. I'm not even going to waste my time.

bighead384
07-02-2008, 08:31 PM
And my god, it's so stupid to use such pretentious language while arguing about something like this. Christ.

And no, that doesn't mean I'm unfamiliar with any of the words you used, it just means you sound like a douche.

bighead384
07-02-2008, 08:45 PM
Here's what I've been thinking...

I want everyone who doesn't like me to block me. I know that you guys come here, to "The Offspring Bulletin Board System", looking for intellectual stimulation - not to get in 2 or 3 petty arguments every single day with people you say you can't stand. So why not block all of those people, starting with me? Just imagine it: Every time you sign on, it'll be nothing but pure 100% intelligent, interesting, tasteful discussion. Go ahead, do it. And let me know if you decide to go through with it, including the people you're going to block.

Little_Miss_1565
07-02-2008, 08:51 PM
You know that you pick most of the arguments you find yourself in, right? And I only say "most" because I am not fond of absolute statements.

And Mota, I swear to god, if you try to impose your tyranny of logic on this BBS again so help me I will ban your ass faster than you can say "Aristotle." :mad:

bighead384
07-02-2008, 08:53 PM
You know that you pick most of the arguments you find yourself in, right? And I only say "most" because I am not fond of absolute statements.

I go out of my way to try and make the people I can't stand realize what assholes they are. I'll admit it straight up. I'd never start this much shit otherwise.

Little_Miss_1565
07-02-2008, 08:55 PM
I go out of my way to try and make the people I can't stand realize what assholes they are. I'll admit it straight up. I'd never start this much shit otherwise.

You realize that effort completely backfires, right?

Additionally, that would make most of your posts trolling. So here's warning #1 for trolling.

bighead384
07-02-2008, 08:56 PM

Yes, but I don't care. Makes no difference in how people view me.

IamSam
07-02-2008, 08:59 PM

You also go out of your way to try and argue completely idiotic statements. Who can't remember such classics as:

I loathe the Amish

and

DUI Laws/Penalties are Unfair

What you do do, and do quite well, is go out of your way to be a stain on the mattress of life.

bighead384
07-02-2008, 09:00 PM
You also go out of your way to try and argue completely idiotic statements. Who can't remember such classics as:

I loathe the Amish

and

DUI Laws/Penalties are Unfair

What you do do, and do quite well, is go out of your way to be a stain on the mattress of life.

Then block me.

Ryder1234
07-02-2008, 09:08 PM

even when you're being the asshole?

0r4ng3
07-02-2008, 09:10 PM
Goddamnit, I keep telling myself to avoid this thread, but I just can't. It's too compelling this late at night.

(p.s. not taking sides please don't drag me into the argument)

Ryder1234
07-02-2008, 09:11 PM
Then block me.

and also, when you block someone, their posts dont just go away, you get a message saying "blah blah blah is on your ignore list, click here to show message", and that can be the most annoying part of a thread.

bighead384
07-02-2008, 09:14 PM
and also, when you block someone, their posts dont just go away, you get a message saying "blah blah blah is on your ignore list, click here to show message", and that can be the most annoying part of a thread.

That's no excuse.

Ryder1234
07-02-2008, 09:15 PM
I never said it was, but I'm not going to block you for that simple reason.

JohnnyNemesis
07-02-2008, 09:16 PM
I go out of my way to try and make the people I can't stand realize what assholes they are.

You're pathetically hilarious. You bait people into being assholes, then smugly point out that they're assholes...and then admit that this is your approach.

I think I should try this approach offline and see how it flies. I'm gonna tell someone that his face is caved in, then take a crowbar to it, then step back and say "See? I told you your face was caved in. I'll admit it straight up."

bighead384
07-02-2008, 09:18 PM
You're pathetically hilarious. You bait people into being assholes, then smugly point out that they're assholes...and then admit that this is your approach.

I think I should try this approach offline and see how it flies. I'm gonna tell someone that his face is caved in, then take a crowbar to it, then step back and say "See? I told you your face was caved in. I'll admit it straight up."

Stupid comment. I realized that a lot of people on here are assholes long before I ever did things to try baiting them. You guys would still be assholes whether I baited you or not. That's why what you said doesn't make sense.

Little_Miss_1565
07-02-2008, 09:21 PM
You are, however, free to continue baiting people and racking up enough warnings to warrant a ban vote among the moderators.

bighead384
07-02-2008, 09:23 PM
You are, however, free to continue baiting people and racking up enough warnings to warrant a ban vote among the moderators.

What is happening that's any different from what always goes on?

Ryder1234
07-02-2008, 09:25 PM
What is happening that's any different from what always goes on?

you 10101010110

Little_Miss_1565
07-02-2008, 09:25 PM
Wait...what? Had you left before or after the rules went into effect? Now that you're back, have you read them?

bighead384
07-02-2008, 09:27 PM
Wait...what? Had you left before or after the rules went into effect? Now that you're back, have you read them?

What are you talking about?

Little_Miss_1565
07-02-2008, 09:30 PM
1. Go to GOD or any other forum.

2. Read the sticky thread created by the Administrator.

3. Realize you now have one warning.

4. Come back here.

Ryder1234
07-02-2008, 09:32 PM
how many warnings does it take to get banned? or does it say it the rules.

bighead384
07-02-2008, 09:34 PM
1. Go to GOD or any other forum.

2. Read the sticky thread created by the Administrator.

3. Realize you now have one warning.

4. Come back here.

Which one did I get the warning for? Just curious...

JohnnyNemesis
07-02-2008, 09:36 PM
You guys would still be assholes whether I baited you or not.

Yeah, but instead of trying to actually prove that, your only "proof" of any assholish behavior is the shit you conjure up through your baiting. Stop being stupid, stupid.

Ryder1234
07-02-2008, 09:36 PM
Which one did I get the warning for? Just curious...

here:

Additionally, that would make most of your posts trolling. So here's warning #1 for trolling.

there you go.

bighead384
07-02-2008, 09:37 PM
Yeah, but instead of trying to actually prove that, your only "proof" of any assholish behavior is the shit you conjure up through your baiting. Stop being stupid, stupid.

I baited a few times. Not many at all. Don't get all carried away like I'm always trolling, people.

JohnnyNemesis
07-02-2008, 09:39 PM
What the--?! Now you're talking quantity and occasion as if it's relevant and...

I'm done. You're doing this on purpose and I'm on to you. The whole "acting dumber than you really are just to be annoying" thing that you're doing only goes so far, so please quit it.

bighead384
07-02-2008, 09:40 PM
I really don't see what's so wrong with what I occasionally do. A lot of people here go out of there way to make people feel stupid. I go out of my way to make people realize they're assholes. What the hell is the difference. If anything, at least I admit it.

Little_Miss_1565
07-02-2008, 09:40 PM
how many warnings does it take to get banned? or does it say it the rules.

I can't remember if it says or not and I'm too lazy to go look right now, but we've been going by baseball rules -- three strikes and you're out. But we only start voting after three strikes. In case it's decided that a permaban wouldn't be the right way to go, we just keep considering the ban after every subsequent strike. We try to leave room for mercy.

I really don't see what's so wrong with what I occasionally do. A lot of people here go out of there way to make people feel stupid. I go out of my way to make people realize they're assholes. What the hell is the difference. If anything, at least I admit it.

Luckily, it is only my job to enforce the rules and not force you to understand that which you are willfully ignoring. You overreact to just about everything, and your "going out of your way" is baiting someone into an argument, which is trolling. And the ad hominems can often fall under 'flaming,' so watch it there too.

bighead384
07-02-2008, 09:43 PM
What the--?! Now you're talking quantity and occasion as if it's relevant and...

I'm done. You're doing this on purpose and I'm on to you. The whole "acting dumber than you really are just to be annoying" thing that you're doing only goes so far, so please quit it.

All I'm saying is that I don't always try to pick fights. I admit I do it sometimes cause certain people really bother me. But most of the stuff I do isn't just to pick fights, and people should recognize that.

Little_Miss_1565
07-02-2008, 09:47 PM
But most of the stuff I do isn't just to pick fights, and people should recognize that.

You could try being more memorable for not trolling than for trolling and then maybe people will.

bighead384
07-02-2008, 09:47 PM
Luckily, it is only my job to enforce the rules and not force you to understand that which you are willfully ignoring. You overreact to just about everything, and your "going out of your way" is baiting someone into an argument, which is trolling. And the ad hominems can often fall under 'flaming,' so watch it there too.

Saying I overreact is an opinion, everyone goes out of their way occasionally (hence the term idiot-baiting) to start shit sometimes, and "flaming"? You'd have to warn about half the users here if you did that to me. Chill out.

Man, admitting that I sometimes challenge people here on purpose...I gave you an inch you took a mile.

Ryder1234
07-02-2008, 09:48 PM
I can't remember if it says or not and I'm too lazy to go look right now, but we've been going by baseball rules -- three strikes and you're out. But we only start voting after three strikes. In case it's decided that a permaban wouldn't be the right way to go, we just keep considering the ban after every subsequent strike. We try to leave room for mercy.

i thought it'd be 3. that seems pretty fair, i dont know what the hell he's talking about.

If anything, at least I admit it.

...giving them a reason to give you a strike. if you think about it, you would have been safer not admitting to it, and they would have had to debate it, but saying it out loud (well, i dont know if this is considered "out loud", but...) is like making the decision for them.

Little_Miss_1565
07-02-2008, 09:49 PM
You'd have to warn about half the users here if you did that to me.

Don't think I haven't.

JohnnyNemesis
07-02-2008, 10:00 PM
I'd never start this much shit otherwise.

I sometimes challenge people here on purpose...

The sudden difference in language and tone makes me lol heartily.

bighead384
07-02-2008, 10:08 PM
The sudden difference in language and tone makes me lol heartily.

Fuck you. I was honest enough to admit what I occasionally do, and then I actually hear shit about being banned, which is a complete overreaction, and then you're going to be that petty as to make some lame observation about tone and language? I think YOU'RE starting shit.

Ryder1234
07-02-2008, 10:10 PM
i really dont get how that post was "starting shit"

bighead384
07-02-2008, 10:11 PM
i really dont get how that post was "starting shit"

He said it to get under my skin.

Ryder1234
07-02-2008, 10:13 PM
yeah, but you dont have to react to it. if you could just learn to ignore this shit this would all be over.

Its that simple.

JohnnyNemesis
07-02-2008, 10:18 PM
He said it to get under my skin.

Complete and utter bullshit. You're the one who cares about whether others are upset or not (as you admit when you said you like starting shit with people), not me.

The only reason I said it is because it's true. I don't gain any joy from you being upset, but your change in tone and language IS funny. Hilarious, even. You're smug as fuck when you think you're just trying to lay out an argument that gets under other people's skin, but when someone points out the obvious fact that you're in violation of the rules and might get banned, you become soft as pudding and whiny as fuck.

It's just funny to see, whether it gets under your skin or not.

Little_Miss_1565
07-02-2008, 10:27 PM
yeah, but you dont have to react to it. if you could just learn to ignore this shit this would all be over.

Its that simple.

He speaks the truth. You're overreacting, bighead, keep it up and more warnings.

IamSam
07-02-2008, 10:31 PM
The only reason I said it is because it's true. I don't gain any joy from you being upset, but your change in tone and language IS funny. Hilarious, even. You're smug as fuck when you think you're just trying to lay out an argument that gets under other people's skin, but when someone points out the obvious fact that you're in violation of the rules and might get banned, you become soft as pudding and whiny as fuck.

It's exactly how he was in his DUI thread. Smug in thinking his opinion of laws was correct where he was completely wrong and was blasted over it. That blasting left him whimpering and coming to that thread with his tail between his legs.

jacknife737
07-02-2008, 10:57 PM
This thread has gone on for about 7 pages too long. bighead, just let it go; you'll live a much happier life. You don’t need to have the last word in every argument you have on this BBS…..

Superdope
07-03-2008, 02:01 AM
Seriously guys, congratulations.

This thread is a prime example of internet behaviour, and how to deal with it.

Mota Boy
07-03-2008, 08:42 AM
I baited a few times. Not many at all. Don't get all carried away like I'm always trolling, people.This is a pretty great quote. You're essentially admitting that you've repeatedly violated the rules in the past, to the extent that you should probably have enough warnings now to be banned (a few times implies "at least three" - the number of warnings at which you are banned). Hell, you should be thanking us for being so lenient on you in the past. As to the "I'm not always doing it so I shouldn't get punished" quote - have you ever tried to use that logic to get out of a speeding ticket? It didn't work then either, did it?

Saying I overreact is an opinionYep. The definitions of "trolling", "spamming", "flaming" et al are inherently subjective - matters of opinion. And guess what: our opinions matter. And just so we're clear - I didn't have anything to do with the warning - we generally try to recuse ourselves from warnings in which we're involved in an argument with another member. And it can be difficult to decide when arguing ends and trolling begins. You greatly helped streamline the process by openly admitting that you've been trolling, however. Thanks for helping out with that.

One further thing - though it is, as you claim "a matter of opinion", you'll note that, by in large, our opinions coincide with those of the board at large. Only you seem to be convinced that you shouldn't be warned. In fact, some seem to suggest that you should have been warned a long time ago. Much as we recuse ourselves from individual arguments, perhaps you should recuse yourself from holding an opinion in this case and defer to the collective wisdom of the crowd. Not that I see you doing this, but food for thought.

bighead384
07-03-2008, 09:32 AM
The only reason I said it is because it's true.

Complete and utter bullshit. Stop lying to yourself.

bighead384
07-03-2008, 09:37 AM
Yep. The definitions of "trolling", "spamming", "flaming" et al are inherently subjective - matters of opinion. And guess what: our opinions matter. And just so we're clear - I didn't have anything to do with the warning - we generally try to recuse ourselves from warnings in which we're involved in an argument with another member. And it can be difficult to decide when arguing ends and trolling begins. You greatly helped streamline the process by openly admitting that you've been trolling, however. Thanks for helping out with that.

One further thing - though it is, as you claim "a matter of opinion", you'll note that, by in large, our opinions coincide with those of the board at large. Only you seem to be convinced that you shouldn't be warned. In fact, some seem to suggest that you should have been warned a long time ago. Much as we recuse ourselves from individual arguments, perhaps you should recuse yourself from holding an opinion in this case and defer to the collective wisdom of the crowd. Not that I see you doing this, but food for thought.

I understand that technically I could be warned by admitting there have been a few times where I'm aware the things I say will probably start fights, but what I'm saying is that it's not going to be/ really hasn't been a big problem where I need to be considered to be banned, especially compared to all the other bullshit that goes on at these forums. If it's a matter of opinion, you should at least be fair. The warning is technically fair, but I'm not exclusively a "troll" and there's no reason to talk about banning me.

bighead384
07-03-2008, 09:40 AM
It's exactly how he was in his DUI thread. Smug in thinking his opinion of laws was correct where he was completely wrong and was blasted over it. That blasting left him whimpering and coming to that thread with his tail between his legs.

First of all, I only said I would reconsider my beliefs in that thread because I was presented with new information (something none of you will ever do). I haven't really thought much about it since, but still. Second of all, I wasn't "whimpering with my tail between my legs", I owned up to my ignorance. Seems like being honest with yourself (again, something most you will never do) only gets you in trouble here.

IamSam
07-03-2008, 10:19 AM
First of all, I only said I would reconsider my beliefs in that thread because I was presented with new information (something none of you will ever do). I haven't really thought much about it since, but still. Second of all, I wasn't "whimpering with my tail between my legs", I owned up to my ignorance. Seems like being honest with yourself (again, something most you will never do) only gets you in trouble here.

You should block me. Seriously. If you can't stand me. BTW...you should stop paying attention to me and pay more attention to those posting above me. They have much better points.

Ryder1234
07-03-2008, 10:23 AM
Complete and utter bullshit. Stop lying to yourself.

No, from anyone else's view other that your own, it was hilarious.

Seems like being honest with yourself (again, something most you will never do) only gets you in trouble here.

Wrong again, buddy. The only reason we dont get into trouble for being honest is because we haven't done anything that could get us into trouble in the first place.

bighead384
07-03-2008, 10:24 AM
You should block me. Seriously. If you can't stand me. BTW...you should stop paying attention to me and pay more attention to those posting above me. They have much better points.

What are you copying my signature or something?

07-03-2008, 10:40 AM
Bighead, Why aren't you leaving the boards???

Rag Doll
07-03-2008, 10:43 AM
As a mod, just to let you know, there is no active discussion for banning you. I think you're just making assumptions based on what has been said in this thread. One warning does not equal discussion for banning. Just don't continue it and you'll have nothing to worry about.

bighead384
07-03-2008, 10:48 AM
Bighead, Why aren't you leaving the boards???

I'm not going to officially leave or make any promises, but I'm basically done posting in anywhere but GOD besides possibly in this thread, which will probably die soon anyway. I'm not changing anybodys mind, and nobodys changing my mind. The Offspring is one of my favorite bands and I like talking about them. But even that will likely be a pain in the ass as evidenced by my last thread about YYGFK. So this is good news for most of you guys.

Ryder1234
07-03-2008, 10:51 AM
you started the argument in the YGGF,K thread, it wouldn't have happened if you hadn't reacted to IamSam's reply, which wasn't even serious.

bighead384
07-03-2008, 10:52 AM
you started the argument in the YGGF,K thread, it wouldn't have happened if you hadn't reacted to IamSam's reply, which wasn't even serious.

That's NOT what happened.

Conflict with IamSam- He instigated, and got the last word
Conflict with 1565- She calls only me out on it, while IamSam instigates and calls me a fucking moron.

Ryder1234
07-03-2008, 10:55 AM
no, at the start of that thread, IamSam made a comment, made to be a joke. you responded by calling him an asskisser. he replies saying "fucking moron" because you didnt realize it was a joke. you freak out, big fight, then LM'65 steps in to break it up.

bighead384
07-03-2008, 10:58 AM
no, at the start of that thread, IamSam made a comment, made to be a joke. you responded by calling him an asskisser. he replies saying "fucking moron" because you didnt realize it was a joke. you freak out, big fight, then LM'65 steps in to break it up.

I love this. This epitomizes the way people are on this board. At the end of the day, I can't prove that IamSam did that to be a pain in the ass. I simply can't, and you guys know it. Now at the same time, every person here knows he did that to be a pain in the ass. Not only that, it was completely off-topic. But you'll sit there and use that against me. It's retarded.

Also, how do you figure I freaked out, THEN 1565 stepped in. Read back, that's NOT what happened.

07-03-2008, 10:59 AM
That's NOT what happened.

Conflict with IamSam- He instigated, and got the last word
Conflict with 1565- She calls only me out on it, while IamSam instigates and calls me a fucking moron.

You're just my little brother...
"Why must they always have me?? *cry, cry, cry*"

Act your age!!!
Do you know the song "What's My Age Again?" - Blink182???
I think you've got the same problem...

Ryder1234
07-03-2008, 11:02 AM
Dude, get it through your head that NOT EVERYTHING NEGATIVE IS MEANT TO GET UNDER YOU SKIN! That was exactly how it happened. He should be able to post something like that as a joke, and have it taken as a joke. You just seem to think that every little negative thing is an attack on you.

bighead384
07-03-2008, 11:06 AM
Dude, get it through your head that NOT EVERYTHING NEGATIVE IS MEANT TO GET UNDER YOU SKIN! That was exactly how it happened. He should be able to post something like that as a joke, and have it taken as a joke. You just seem to think that every little negative thing is an attack on you.

He said something negative, I reply with a one word insult, let him have the last word, and drop it. Now explain to me how the hell I'm overreacting or making a victim out of myself.

Ryder1234
07-03-2008, 11:09 AM
i wasnt just referring to that thread in that post. what he said was negative, yeah, but it wasnt meant as an insult, therefor you didnt need to respond. He was joking.

bighead384
07-03-2008, 11:16 AM
This is going nowhere. So as long as no one else replies in this thread, I'm done here. Refer to my third post on page 4 if you don't wish to deal with me any more, even though I'll only be in GOD.

Ryder1234
07-03-2008, 11:17 AM
finally 11111111010101010

F@ BANKZ
07-03-2008, 01:02 PM
I'm into it. God knows there's more going on in there than we know what to do with, especially since I do a lot more administratively now. Let's discuss in the mod forum. We already have 15 moderators so adding more probably doesn't make sense, but bringing someone over from a quieter forum could be cool.

Is it so impossible that there could be a new mod appointed? ‘holland25’ is passionate, liked by most people in GOD and it would be encouraging to have a really fresh, enthusiastic mod. 'Camilamazed' is a good prospect too; she has experience in moderating and purportedly cannot wait to stamp down on idiocy. 'cool 2 hate 681' is an knowledgeable, experienced and trustworthy member of BBS.

If you just stretch out present moderator’s obligations then it is not going to help you to cope with the still increasing numbers of members, but more to the importantly I cannot think of anybody well suited to the role out of possible mod candidates, let’s go with somebody calm, trustworthy but enthusiastic. It would be nice for the members too.

Ryder1234
07-03-2008, 01:17 PM
i would be up for being a mod too. i mod the Offspring/music section in 2 forums (nothing really happens there though) already. i dont know if people like me though :(:)

Thomas
07-03-2008, 02:34 PM
I would totally put bighead on my ignore list if he wasn't so goddamn hilarious!

wait. when did this thread turn into an argument against him? :confused:

Mota Boy
07-03-2008, 03:12 PM
Is it so impossible that there could be a new mod appointed?Well, the last time (and only) time we chose mods, we did so through a board-wide election process that took a month. I think the issue with taking on new moderators is that, as Ryder so aptly demonstrates in the post immediately following yours, it may very well create more problems than it solves. The selection process could take days if not weeks of arguing and bickering all the while more and more people start "campaigning" to be moderators, accusing others of bias, etc. Not to mention that an increased number of moderators makes group-based decision-making increasingly difficult. If the problems cannot be solved by adding mods to GOD, then we may look for new members, but at the moment it just feels like it would be much more trouble than it's worth when switching a mod from another forum would be so much simpler.

F@ BANKZ
07-03-2008, 03:50 PM
Well, the last time (and only) time we chose mods, we did so through a board-wide election process that took a month. I think the issue with taking on new moderators is that, as Ryder so aptly demonstrates in the post immediately following yours, it may very well create more problems than it solves. The selection process could take days if not weeks of arguing and bickering all the while more and more people start "campaigning" to be moderators, accusing others of bias, etc. Not to mention that an increased number of moderators makes group-based decision-making increasingly difficult. If the problems cannot be solved by adding mods to GOD, then we may look for new members, but at the moment it just feels like it would be much more trouble than it's worth when switching a mod from another forum would be so much simpler.
You're probably right. However, I don't think it's right that frequent GOD users get no say whatsoever. Before a new moderator is enforced upon that forum I request that a basic poll of consent is set up for just three or four days in the forum, to verify that majority want the mod in question instated. I'm not trying to be awkward or dramatic, but I liked GOD's congenial and casual attitude as it was, and I don't want to see that damaged irrevocably. If the mod issued is temporary though, then I don't see any problems.

Also, was it possible just to create as many new accounts as one liked while the votes? I'm not accusing anybody but, theoretically, was it a possibility.

Rag Doll
07-03-2008, 04:05 PM
I don't think any mods are going to change the attitude that is there. They'd be going by what 1565 and Tijs are already doing. I also don't really know if that forum would have much of a say. No forum got to choose their mods....the mods were elected at large and then chose their own forums (except sKratch and I, we were added later specifically for General Chat). Not every moderator wants the responsibility or can take on the responsibility of another forum at the present time either. So, if there is really only 1 or 2 people that can do it....then there isn't much choice there. But as I said, I don't see anything about GOD changing, except that things could be taken care of more swiftly.

I don't recall much about the mod elections. If you search in this forum, you can find the old posts though and read through them if you choose.

Mota Boy
07-03-2008, 04:39 PM
Also, was it possible just to create as many new accounts as one liked while the votes? I'm not accusing anybody but, theoretically, was it a possibility.Yeah, I guess that's another possible problem. I think either lodat or wishomie claimed to have created up to fourteen separate accounts to vote for me. Fortunately for democracy, I was still over fourteen votes ahead of my nearest rival, so it didn't have an impact on the ultimate results (with the exception of undermining my ego once I learned of my slackened support).

Regarding changing the forum - I doubt that the moderators will have any influence on changing that tune. Any new mods will take their cues from the already-existing ones.

Little_Miss_1565
07-03-2008, 04:53 PM
You're probably right. However, I don't think it's right that frequent GOD users get no say whatsoever. Before a new moderator is enforced upon that forum I request that a basic poll of consent is set up for just three or four days in the forum, to verify that majority want the mod in question instated. I'm not trying to be awkward or dramatic, but I liked GOD's congenial and casual attitude as it was, and I don't want to see that damaged irrevocably. If the mod issued is temporary though, then I don't see any problems.

I'm sorry, I'm really confused...if we brought in another mod from another forum for a little help in GOD, it wouldn't change anything except maybe get things moderated a bit faster. GOD is my first priority but I'm also the head moderator so if there's something that needs doing in another part of the forums, I'm there too.

F@ BANKZ
07-03-2008, 05:24 PM
On one hand it isn't a big deal and I was probably overreacting. On the other hand I cannot see why you don't simply offer Leo3375 the role in the same fashion as Rag Doll and sKratch instead of making this a purely mod issue. Either way it is very late so I will talk tomorrow.

Little_Miss_1565
07-03-2008, 08:35 PM
There are so many moderators already that I can't justify bringing on another one when all we would really need is someone to be on call just in case Tijs and I need a hand. We can fill that need with the people we have currently.

nieh
07-04-2008, 06:35 AM

Also, was it possible just to create as many new accounts as one liked while the votes? I'm not accusing anybody but, theoretically, was it a possibility.

In the original vote, they got just as much of a say as anyone else in the forum and I'd imagine if they added new mods it would be under similar circumstances. I think the way it went was the admins made a thread asking for nominations, and anyone that got multiple nominations ended up being put in the final poll, and the people with the most votes at the end became mods (I believe sKratch and Rag Doll were next in line in regards to the amount of votes they received which is why they were brought in, it wasn't that they were just appointed randomly). Remember, even if the person is a mod only in one forum, they still have a say in group-mod decisions including bannings that affect the whole board, so every member should have a say in the matter.

I understand that technically I could be warned by admitting there have been a few times where I'm aware the things I say will probably start fights, but what I'm saying is that it's not going to be/ really hasn't been a big problem where I need to be considered to be banned, especially compared to all the other bullshit that goes on at these forums.

It's really not that bad, and I may not know quite as much as you guys know about what goes on, but as a person who visits the forums almost everyday, I think I know a thing or two. And it's definitely not as bad as you guys make it out to be. It's fine.

Lol?

Mota Boy
07-04-2008, 07:52 AM
Lol?I have confirmation of lol.

F@ BANKZ
07-04-2008, 09:51 AM
In the original vote, they got just as much of a say as anyone else in the forum and I'd imagine if they added new mods it would be under similar circumstances. I think the way it went was the admins made a thread asking for nominations, and anyone that got multiple nominations ended up being put in the final poll, and the people with the most votes at the end became mods (I believe sKratch and Rag Doll were next in line in regards to the amount of votes they received which is why they were brought in, it wasn't that they were just appointed randomly). Remember, even if the person is a mod only in one forum, they still have a say in group-mod decisions including bannings that affect the whole board, so every member should have a say in the matter.

Leo3375 is next in line according to the poll, which is why I suggested him. He's also a nice, helpful, active and knowledgeable member so it would be a lot less complicated to appoint him than it would be to conduct discussions behind closed doors (how far into them are you by the way?). As I said though, it isn't a big issue.

There are so many moderators already that I can't justify bringing on another one when all we would really need is someone to be on call just in case Tijs and I need a hand. We can fill that need with the people we have currently.
It's the same reason sKratch and Rag Doll were appointed for. It's pretty watered-down to say they are only there to mod things faster; they will have the same privileges in GOD as Tijs and yourself. I doubt one new mod is realistically going to make a difference, especially now that TUNB is out and you never complained before. Once again, this isn't a big thing, but I can't see a good reason why the process has to be so specious and illogical.

bighead384
07-04-2008, 09:52 AM
You guys can't let it die can you? Proving my point...

By "bullshit", I was referring to people being assholes, and certainly not crying about the supposed 100 or so things that are posted here everyday that absolutely MUST be deleted (that no one seems to see notice or care about except most of the mods or the people up their asses, btw). So in short, you got nothin'.

Thomas
07-04-2008, 10:05 AM
* sits back and eats popcorn*

nieh
07-04-2008, 10:17 AM
You guys can't let it die can you? Proving my point...

What? I didn't say one word, all I did was quote you. If you have an issue with the content of my post then that's really your issue more than mine.

bighead384
07-04-2008, 10:19 AM
What? I didn't say one word, all I did was quote you.

Wow. This quote IS the "1337", in a nutshell.

bighead384
07-04-2008, 10:43 AM
I thought about it I really don't feel like starting this up again.

I'll say it again: No more posts on this subject from you guys, and there will be no more from me. And if it bothers you that I'm doing this before you can respond to what I said, you can PM me. Just quit it.

Ryder1234
07-04-2008, 10:52 AM
* sits back and eats popcorn*

*does the same*

Thomas
07-04-2008, 11:10 AM
Wow. This quote IS the "1337", in a nutshell.

This makes so little sense, it's hilarious.

0r4ng3
07-04-2008, 11:18 AM
*does the same*
I think you're a bit late, the popcorn's all gone. I ate most of it, anyway.

Thomas
07-04-2008, 11:20 AM
God dammit. That's why I don't like to share popcorn. :mad:

Ryder1234
07-04-2008, 11:41 AM
:( no popcorn? how are we going to live without it?

Betty
07-04-2008, 12:50 PM
I think that people are giving bighead an unreasonably hard time and that this whole thing has been blown way out of proportion, both parties being a contributing factor.

Mota Boy
07-04-2008, 01:33 PM
I thought about it I really don't feel like starting this up again.

I'll say it again: No more posts on this subject from you guys, and there will be no more from me. And if it bothers you that I'm doing this before you can respond to what I said, you can PM me. Just quit it.I'm just going to make the final point that I find this hilarious. For one, it's a tautology - if there are no more posts in this thread, then of course there will be no more posts in this thread. It's so blindingly obvious that it's utterly ridiculous to act as if this is some big thing that you're ceding. What would be out of the ordinary is if you continued to argue your point in a series of new posts despite the fact that nobody else was in the conversation.

I'll say that while it's always amusing to see you attempt to frame your illogic as the words of a self-martyring defender of the countless silent members that secretly support you, I'll agree to your conditions - take the last word and then shut up. I look forward to your final reply as you continue to build and hang yourself from your tiny cross. Until next time, good day sir.

leo3375
07-04-2008, 01:51 PM
Although I'm flattered at the suggestions that I get promoted, I'm not sure if I can make the commitment as I'm already busy at another forum. Also, I fear that I would be too harsh on many of the new users.

Oh, and I'm not a guy.

Little_Miss_1565
07-04-2008, 10:58 PM
Leo3375 is next in line according to the poll, which is why I suggested him. He's also a nice, helpful, active and knowledgeable member so it would be a lot less complicated to appoint him than it would be to conduct discussions behind closed doors (how far into them are you by the way?). As I said though, it isn't a big issue.

It's the same reason sKratch and Rag Doll were appointed for. It's pretty watered-down to say they are only there to mod things faster; they will have the same privileges in GOD as Tijs and yourself. I doubt one new mod is realistically going to make a difference, especially now that TUNB is out and you never complained before. Once again, this isn't a big thing, but I can't see a good reason why the process has to be so specious and illogical.

It would actually be a lot more complicated to appoint a new mod right now than bring in one of the current ones. They may have the same priliveges in GOD as Tijs and I but Tijs and I could also in theory undo anything they did that we didn't like, so it really would be only to help moderate things quicker, because anything we didn't like we wouldn't allow to happen. It's just not a big enough job to warrant bringing in a new person. As it's been mentioned, a new mod would also be in the mod forum with all the background dealings. When an extra set of hands was needed in GC, Pope slid in from Politics. Why bring in another cook to the kitchen when it's just not necessary? And if it's not a big deal, why are you making such a big deal out of it?

The way the mod team works now is a lot different from the way we started out four years ago, so I don't see what is specious or illogical about it. It is rather specious and illogical, though, for someone who doesn't seem to know how we work to be giving me such a hard time about this. I think we're going to have to agree to disagree on this.

Also, Leo is a she.

EDIT: Leo beat me to it.

T-6005
07-05-2008, 05:14 AM
Mods oughta take a week off, to shut up the people who claim it isn't "that bad."

What does that mean, anyway? Yeah, sure, it's terrible, but I don't like you so I'd rather live in it? "Not that bad."

Pshah. Pshah

nightvision
07-05-2008, 09:05 AM
Yes, I agree.

F@ BANKZ
07-05-2008, 04:13 PM
It would actually be a lot more complicated to appoint a new mod right now than bring in one of the current ones. They may have the same priliveges in GOD as Tijs and I but Tijs and I could also in theory undo anything they did that we didn't like, so it really would be only to help moderate things quicker, because anything we didn't like we wouldn't allow to happen. It's just not a big enough job to warrant bringing in a new person. As it's been mentioned, a new mod would also be in the mod forum with all the background dealings. When an extra set of hands was needed in GC, Pope slid in from Politics. Why bring in another cook to the kitchen when it's just not necessary? And if it's not a big deal, why are you making such a big deal out of it?

The way the mod team works now is a lot different from the way we started out four years ago, so I don't see what is specious or illogical about it. It is rather specious and illogical, though, for someone who doesn't seem to know how we work to be giving me such a hard time about this. I think we're going to have to agree to disagree on this.
I didn't set out to cause trouble or give you a hard time so I'm sorry if I did. I profess that I did not understand the system in great detail, but I still felt that I should have made the inquiries. I'll say no more on the subject.

And apologies to Leo; your username makes me think of Leotardo, which is specious and illogical really.

Cock Joke
07-05-2008, 06:34 PM
Heh. I always thought "Leonard."

Little_Miss_1565
07-05-2008, 09:30 PM
I didn't set out to cause trouble or give you a hard time so I'm sorry if I did. I profess that I did not understand the system in great detail, but I still felt that I should have made the inquiries. I'll say no more on the subject.

It's completely fine to ask questions when you want to know what the process is. But if I'm telling you that something wouldn't be any sort of real change to the way things are right now, I'm not just blowing smoke up anyone's ass, you know?

leo3375
07-05-2008, 11:35 PM
Heh. I always thought "Leonard."

Astrology, my friends!

Jakebert
07-06-2008, 01:08 PM
I don't have much to add to this thread other than the fact that I think the "I favor nude mods" joke really needs to be retired.

0r4ng3
07-06-2008, 01:14 PM
So, you...you favor new jokes?

Jakebert
07-06-2008, 01:28 PM
How dare you.

IamSam
07-06-2008, 07:04 PM
I'm gone for three days and nothing has changed. Amazing really...

Llamas
07-08-2008, 04:01 PM
Exactly what I was thinking - call up a one of the more active members from a slower forums. Someone smart, someone dynamic, a real go-getter. A ruggedly handsome, brash young face that could sweep into town and singlehandedly strong-arm an unruly mob into submission.

But who...?

I was gonna vote for you, but then bighead so eloquently made me realize that you should actually be banned.

This post is awesome and needed to be quoted. I really love how bighead so distinctively ignored it.

I'm just going to make the final point that I find this hilarious. For one, it's a tautology - if there are no more posts in this thread, then of course there will be no more posts in this thread. It's so blindingly obvious that it's utterly ridiculous to act as if this is some big thing that you're ceding. What would be out of the ordinary is if you continued to argue your point in a series of new posts despite the fact that nobody else was in the conversation.

I was going to say the same thing upon reading his post. "I will not respond if you guys don't respond, because then I'd be talking to myself and that would be stupid!"

I don't have much to add to this thread other than the fact that I think the "I favor nude mods" joke really needs to be retired.
Was that joke even used in this thread? I don't recall it. Besides, you always think bbs jokes aren't funny. So whatever!

JohnnyNemesis
07-08-2008, 04:50 PM
The "i favor new/nude mods" joke and it's siblings are still completely hilarious. Eff whatever he said!

0r4ng3
07-08-2008, 04:54 PM
I think the only reason the joke is getting so old is because of how many times it's come up recently. Although I, the beater of dead BBS joke-horses, should not be talking.

bighead384
07-08-2008, 06:16 PM
I'll say it again: No more posts on this subject from you guys, and there will be no more from me. And if it bothers you that I'm doing this before you can respond to what I said, you can PM me. Just quit it.

Maybe I didn't word this correctly somehow and you guys are misinterpreting it, because there should be no problems with what I said. I simply meant: Please don't post about that subject anymore and neither will I. I guess the word "respond" may have confused you, although I honestly think if that was the problem you could have figured out what I meant if you tried. Just drop it.

leo3375
07-08-2008, 06:18 PM
http://images.southparkstudios.com/media/images/602/602__image_09.jpg

IamSam
07-08-2008, 06:54 PM
Maybe I didn't word this correctly somehow and you guys are misinterpreting it, because there should be no problems with what I said. I simply meant: Please don't post about that subject anymore and neither will I. I guess the word "respond" may have confused you, although I honestly think if that was the problem you could have figured out what I meant if you tried. Just drop it.

You also might be confused because you also posted this:

Based on his actions on this BBS, Mota Boy deserves to be banned, or at least loose his mod privileges. I'll explain why later, but I'm busy this afternoon. I've got a lot of well thought out opinions on this. I'll be back to post them very soon...

Yet you never responded like you promised. Maybe the dead horse would stop being beaten if you were a man (or woman) of your word.

Jakebert
07-08-2008, 08:08 PM
I don't know if the "new modz" joke was used in this thread or not, but it's been used in like every other thread. So if not retired, it least needs to go on hiatus.

And I don't hate BBS in jokes. I'm one of the people who made sure "Stop, take some time to think" caught on, and I stand by my decision to do so.

0r4ng3
07-08-2008, 08:10 PM
I agree, it was a serious decision to make.

JohnnyNemesis
07-08-2008, 08:45 PM
Just drop it.

The issue seemed to be dead and dropped, but you brought it up again with this post. Whether I'm right or wrong, please, please just stop. It's dead. Done.

I love it.

Little_Miss_1565
07-08-2008, 10:35 PM

Not even the moderators with our awesome power of the delete button (and in my case, mass delete scorched earth HOLLER) can actually stop anyone from talking about anything in this forum. Why do you think you would be any more successful? Seriously, if you walked away from this, it would die. The one perpetuating this for all eternity is you. Don't even bother replying to this with "no way it's these assholes attacking me and I have to defend myself," because the answer to that is this is the internets, not WWI trenches. The best defense is not a good offense. Rather, no one can really attack you unless you let them. If you want others to drop something, YOU drop it.

The other thing too is that they're not really attacking you. You're primed up waiting for someone to say something to slight you. You wait and wait and wait for it. Then someone says something sarcastic or teasing and you're like 'there it is!' and run with it.

Maybe the dead horse would stop being beaten if you were a man (or woman) of your word.

Oh ho, Sam. Don't impugn his gender. It's not nice to womanity and we'll run after you with our hairy legs.

I LOL'd.

bighead384
07-09-2008, 12:20 AM
[RIGHT]
The issue seemed to be dead and dropped, but you brought it up again with this post. Whether I'm right or wrong, please, please just stop. It's dead. Done.

I love it.

Look how much time has passed and how many times people posted on the subject, after I asked in what I thought was the most reasonable way for people to stop. What are you talking about?

Not even the moderators with our awesome power of the delete button (and in my case, mass delete scorched earth HOLLER) can actually stop anyone from talking about anything in this forum. Why do you think you would be any more successful? Seriously, if you walked away from this, it would die. The one perpetuating this for all eternity is you. Don't even bother replying to this with "no way it's these assholes attacking me and I have to defend myself," because the answer to that is this is the internets, not WWI trenches. The best defense is not a good offense. Rather, no one can really attack you unless you let them. If you want others to drop something, YOU drop it.

The other thing too is that they're not really attacking you. You're primed up waiting for someone to say something to slight you. You wait and wait and wait for it. Then someone says something sarcastic or teasing and you're like 'there it is!' and run with it.

It's 3 or 4 days later, and you and your friends are still talking about it. And it's so annoying and absolutely ridiculous that I can't even stand but to defend myself. Did you actually read the past few pages?

I challenge you to read the past few pages and tell me a better way that I can "drop it" because obviously the way I said it caused some sort of confusion. And yes, I'm already aware that I'm responding right now, which is because I'm seeing the most retarded and frustrating shit ever, but this is DAYS after I originally posted that.

0r4ng3
07-09-2008, 07:02 AM
You do realize that the thread had kind of derailed in the past few days, right?

Posts in this thread =/= restarting the argument

JohnnyNemesis
07-09-2008, 07:28 AM
Jesus fucking Christ, just DROP IT IF YOU WANT IT DROPPED HOLY FUCKING CHRIST NO ONE WAS TALKING ABOUT THAT SHIT AND EVEN IF THEY WERE JUST FUCKING DROP IT IF YOU WANT IT DROPPED LET IT GO IT'S DEAD DONE KAPUT DEAD DONE THAT'S IT!!!

*hyperventilation*

Thomas
07-09-2008, 09:16 AM
For whatever reason, whenever JN freaks out like that, it gives me a warm feeling inside.

IamSam
07-09-2008, 09:44 AM
For whatever reason, whenever JN freaks out like that, it gives me a warm feeling inside.

Odd. I get a warm feeling on the outside.

JohnnyNemesis
07-09-2008, 09:48 AM
I think those freakouts account for about 75% of my posts, actually.

Thomas
07-09-2008, 10:00 AM
Which is why I don't sleep with a blanket at night.

Little_Miss_1565
07-09-2008, 10:00 AM
It's 3 or 4 days later, and you and your friends are still talking about it. And it's so annoying and absolutely ridiculous that I can't even stand but to defend myself. Did you actually read the past few pages?

I challenge you to read the past few pages and tell me a better way that I can "drop it" because obviously the way I said it caused some sort of confusion. And yes, I'm already aware that I'm responding right now, which is because I'm seeing the most retarded and frustrating shit ever, but this is DAYS after I originally posted that.

And to that I would answer that a sensible person would not give a fuck what people were discussing 3 or 4 days later if they were truly interested in watching it die. It's also my job to regulate in disagreements. Why can't you ignore and let it drop? You're clearly capable of it, as anyone reading this thread must have noticed your deft disavowal of your promise to come back with really good reason why Mota should be banned. Do more of that.

Posts in this thread =/= restarting the argument

QFT.

Endymion
07-09-2008, 11:23 AM
QFT.

quantum field theory?

Little_Miss_1565
07-09-2008, 01:52 PM
quantum field theory?

Har. I meant Quoted For Truth.

Jakebert
07-10-2008, 10:07 AM

I love this.

JoY
07-12-2008, 10:02 AM

But who...?

Yeah let's get JoY or Vera to co-mod GOD.

oh my god I LOVE THIS CONCLUSION.
Tijs is in for an extra christmas gift from santa this year. *wink nudge*

Jesus fucking Christ, just DROP IT IF YOU WANT IT DROPPED HOLY FUCKING CHRIST NO ONE WAS TALKING ABOUT THAT SHIT AND EVEN IF THEY WERE JUST FUCKING DROP IT IF YOU WANT IT DROPPED LET IT GO IT'S DEAD DONE KAPUT DEAD DONE THAT'S IT!!!

*hyperventilation*

you're so cute when you get all agries.<3 luckily you have the temper the size of a squirl, so I can enjoy it so often.

by all means, I didn't mean anything by that, because you're absolutely right.

that's bloody fantastic. well played.

Bipolar Bear
07-18-2008, 02:19 PM
Holy crap. I just read those 16 pages entirely. Why has everyone been teaming up on Bighead? He obviously didn't deserve to get a warning either. Everyone always opts to take the same side in arguments, even though they're wrong, and would much rather be making fun of him in the majority than take some time to think about it. Taking the mod's side is also a popular option. It was really great of him to stand up for his opinion even though noone agreed with him. The warning in the first couple of pages was really uncalled for too. Wow...what the fuck? Get off his fucking back, he was only expressing his opinion and was doing it really well. He was also, I believe, correct. I'm fucking sick of everyone whining about how the forum has turned so horrible; it's really not that bad at all and the mods need to stop boosting themselves up and pretending they're all important and on a role to save humanity.

I'm only saying my opinion and I still respect the moderators, but in this thread bighead was completely right and the mods even PROVED him right by their replies to it. I think this is EXTREMELY evident, and some people here need to start opening their eyes a little.

That will be my contribution to this infamous thread.

Jakebert
07-19-2008, 10:40 PM
Jim, why bring this back up? This discussion has been more or less done with and forgotten, and the bitterness of it has, to my knowledge, gone away and been forgotten as well. It almost seems like your fishing for controversy and trying to restart a dead argument, and if you are, stop it. If not, then please drop it anyway because I know I'm speaking for others when I say that we really don't want to start this thread up again.

Bipolar Bear
07-20-2008, 09:44 AM
Not really my jakey-boy. Just posting my opinion in a thread was what I been doin round here. You can get seated again and take a deep breath..

Nobody in this entire thread stood up for bighead and I just had to do it for the records, since he was definitely right.

JohnnyNemesis
07-20-2008, 04:12 PM
Nobody in this entire thread stood up for bighead

Betty did. So you're wrong on that count.

But generally, even though I agree that it's lame to restart a dead thread and a bitter argument (it almost seems like asking for trouble), you do have a right to express yourself and your opinion so go right on ahead.

Betty
07-20-2008, 07:41 PM
Thank you Rick!

Bipolar Bear
07-20-2008, 07:58 PM
Thank you Rick!

Thank you Betty, actually.
Keep standing up for what's right Betty, well done.

JohnnyNemesis
07-20-2008, 09:48 PM
Keep standing up for what's right

http://www.mediamob.co.kr/fds/blogcontents/data1/img3/Hulk_Hogan_-_Terry_Bolea_15(3).jpg

Betty
07-20-2008, 10:18 PM
Down with the man!

Nah, but seriously, I thought people gave him too hard of a time in this thread in particular.

(And see, this is what I mean by people not paying attention to me... sniff)

IamSam
07-20-2008, 11:44 PM
Holy fuck. I didn't think I'd ever see someone put 'bighead' and 'right' in the same sentence.

bighead384
07-21-2008, 09:30 AM
Holy fuck. I didn't think I'd ever see someone put 'bighead' and 'right' in the same sentence.

Oh my god just shut the fuck up, IamSam.

JohnnyNemesis
07-21-2008, 02:44 PM
You're too sensitive.

Llamas
07-21-2008, 03:08 PM
This thread was amusing like 2 weeks ago... nobody cares anymore :P

IamSam
07-21-2008, 03:08 PM
Very much so. For someone that throws insults like he's a monkey with poo, you really can't take it.

wheelchairman
07-21-2008, 03:35 PM
Very much so. For someone that throws insults like he's a monkey with poo, you really can't take it.

That's a terrible metaphor in all categories that would supposedly make metaphor good.

A monkey with poo?

Dude fuck you.

IamSam
07-21-2008, 03:55 PM
That's a terrible metaphor in all categories that would supposedly make metaphor good.

A monkey with poo?

Dude fuck you.

Last I checked that is a simile. I used the word "like". I can rephrase it as "...throws insults like a monkey throwing poo."

Oh. And fuck you too. I have no reason to say this other than to share pleasantries.

Mota Boy
07-21-2008, 04:00 PM
Alright kiddos, it looks like this conversation has just about exhausted itself. If you think it's terribly important for everyone to hear your opinion for the nth time, now would be the time to repeat it. Again. Flat-out insults will be deleted.

Cock Joke
07-21-2008, 05:30 PM
Okey-dokey.

The mods do a good job with keeping threads from sliding off-topic and I feel none of them should really be banned. However, they can be a little too harsh on people sometimes.

That is all.

Jakebert
07-21-2008, 07:21 PM
http://www.mediamob.co.kr/fds/blogcontents/data1/img3/Hulk_Hogan_-_Terry_Bolea_15(3).jpg

You've made me the happiest boy in the whole wide world.

JohnnyNemesis
07-22-2008, 10:35 AM
*fights for the rights of every man*