PDA

View Full Version : The Offspring are in a new film!!

punksnotdeadthemovie
06-28-2008, 07:00 PM
Hi! I just wanted to let you know that when you order the "Punk’s Not Dead" DVD on our website before July 4th, you will automatically be entered to win both a Squier® Mike Dirnt Precision Bass® guitar autographed by Mike Dirnt of Green Day and a one-of-a-kind artist-inspired Fender® acoustic guitar autographed by the members of Rancid! “Punk’s Not Dead” encompasses the last 30 years of punk music and features interviews and performances from current stars like Green Day, Good Charlotte and My Chemical Romance; punk staples such as The Offspring, Bad Religion, Pennywise, Rancid and punk pioneers like the Ramones, The Clash, Sex Pistols Minor Threat, Black Flag and dozens of other great bands!
You can only enter here: http://www.punksnotdeadthemovie.com/contest
Good luck! – John with “Punk’s Not Dead”

Cock Joke
06-28-2008, 07:46 PM
Will we be seeing this DVD in stores soon? I'd really like to buy it.

Budzy
06-28-2008, 09:19 PM
Yesh, i heard about this.
ill be buying it fo sho.

findout5
06-29-2008, 05:04 AM
It's nice...I have it

Selfesteem_
06-29-2008, 04:56 PM
Its been released for quite a while here in australia, though i have not made the purchase yet.

gtrman09
06-29-2008, 08:10 PM
theres some decent interviews with Dex and Noodles and a short clip of them playing Burn It Up i think. but the movie as a whole was kind of a disappointment for me. it was more about like old British bands that i dont really care about. and the whole second half seemed like it was just people arguing about whether Sum 41 and Good Charlotte and MCR are punk or not, which seems like a waste of time to me.

im much more excited about the documentary called "One Nine Nine Four" thats coming out later this year. it has interviews with all the bands that were popular in the mid 90s, not so much 70s and 80s. Offspring, Green Day, Pennywise, Rancid, blink, Unwritten Law, NoFX, Goldfinger, etc. cant wait for that one!

Ryder1234
06-29-2008, 08:12 PM
hmm... i dont know where they would sell this here, maybe in a record store? they wouldnt sell it in a video store.

jacknife737
06-29-2008, 08:26 PM
theres some decent interviews with Dex and Noodles and a short clip of them playing Burn It Up i think. but the movie as a whole was kind of a disappointment for me. it was more about like old British bands that i dont really care about. and the whole second half seemed like it was just people arguing about whether Sum 41 and Good Charlotte and MCR are punk or not, which seems like a waste of time to me.

im much more excited about the documentary called "One Nine Nine Four" thats coming out later this year. it has interviews with all the bands that were popular in the mid 90s, not so much 70s and 80s. Offspring, Green Day, Pennywise, Rancid, blink, Unwritten Law, NoFX, Goldfinger, etc. cant wait for that one!

I actually agree with this. Although I really liked the movie, and will probably picked it up on dvd, there was far, far too much dedicated to what older band's from the 70s/80s were doing today. And although that footage was kind of interesting, they should have focused more on the tons of amazing new bands (Alkaline Trio, Against Me!, Larry Arms, ect, ect) that are keeping the scene alive; all this focus on the older guys in a film called Punks Not Dead seemed somewhat self-defeating.

The Offspring footage was really cool, they even interviewed their manager. I'd recommend it.

One Nine Nine Four looks really cool, and since the 90s are probably my favorite "era" of punk, i'm really excited for it.

Jojan
06-30-2008, 06:41 AM
Punk's Not Dead - The Movie.avi

Biggest offspring fan
06-30-2008, 11:01 AM
Or just download my dvdr torrent like everybodey else...

http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3927496/Punks.Not.Dead.DVDR_-_PUNK_DUDE

Alex101
07-03-2008, 03:22 PM
Will we be seeing this DVD in stores soon? I'd really like to buy it.

Me too. Punk documentaries are cool.

F@ BANKZ
07-03-2008, 03:56 PM
Maybe I'll buy it, if it is not too expencive.

TeKo
07-03-2008, 04:12 PM
What the... oO'
Why the site is pink?
I hate mix punk and pink.

Rooster
07-03-2008, 05:10 PM
It is a good documentary, but tell me what the hell are Good Charlotte and My Chemical Divorce doing in it? This is more punk than they are

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU hehehe
And they should really include a bit more stuff from the newer bands, some are actually pretty good.