PDA

View Full Version : Artwork Review

The Search Button
06-29-2008, 04:50 AM
Time to get serious and shit....

Front Cover: A devilish-angel trying to break free. In my eyes the angel represents you and me dear reader, hit in the heart bound to earth.

Middle Cover: Now we have the overall picture. The angel trying to escape through the hole bound to earth by two groups of people. My interpretation: If the angel represents us, it might mean that we are not free from earthly obligations. I'm thinking on culture, tradition, institutions, etc. The abstract groups of people locking "us" convey that idea to me.

Back Cover: The same angel. Note the chains. Is "She" finally free? I'll leave that to your own consideration.

Booklet:

Front: I'll divide this image into four parts. The octopus often related to power and dominance. The badge which I relate with America, note the stars and the stripes. The two fellows protecting "America" with baseball bats. One guy is a monkey [human race?] the other has a robotic arm [technology reference, cyborgs and stuff?]. Three gas masks over "America". Note that one of the masks has the offspring-ish flames on his head. My views: Hi-tech people trying to protect America by the wrong means.

Half-truism: An anthem, a hymn. Again the gas masks reference. The only way to protect us from outwardly hazardous influences. Note the background, a city on flames. That's what I see.

Trust in You: The need we have to one another. Is "pull me up" making sense now?

You're Gonna Go Far, Kid: Brilliant disposition of the lyrics. You're gonna go far and your only destination kid, is an American eagle with a cross in its eyes. Your final destination will be an America gone wrong.

Hammerhead: Military badge. A thunder representing harm. A sword led by an angel wing. Wars with religious motivations? I have no clue.

A Lot Like Me: Trying to hold as we speak? Or being hold while speaking. An ambiguous one. Very Conspiracy-ish.

Takes Me Nowhere: Again the Offspring-ish flames and an eye going evidently nowhere. Simple and straight.

Krity Are You Doing Okay?: "Waves of time". Representing the time and a sense of past from it. Simple and pretty.

Nothingtown: Note the sewage. A city as a prison from which you have to escape. Helicopters overhead to follow you as you go.

Stuff is Messed Up: A plane dropping a bomb. And a Kid examining a cockroach[Americana-ish] and burning it at the same time. We trying to understand things around us and harming them in the process. Basically, shit is fucked up.

Fix You: Is that a sugar cookie or something? Will it melt? Just like love? We need to fix it then.

Let's Hear It For Rock Bottom: A cockroach [again Americana-ish] on his back. Pretty much hiting rock bottom. Can't moving. Going down in flames. Dead.

Rise and Fall: The angel heart with two arrows on. One is for rise the other for fall. "And we are both".

Pre-back Cover: Kids playing baseball with hand granades. The catcher means America. The guy with the bat is trying to protect America from bombs. Note the cross on his hat. While protecting America he is causing havoc somewhere else, lets say Iraq. [note the "far way" explosion and the gas masks]

Back Cover: We, in a near future.

Let me just recover my breath and give me your thought.

medi01
06-29-2008, 05:02 AM
maybe....maybe....my favourites are half-truism, a lot like me and takes me nowhere(check my avatar;))

Stylie
06-29-2008, 06:30 AM
Maaan, I WANT MY CD NOW!!!1!!111oneone!o1
I have ordered it, but it takes so long time. :-(

Capricorn4
06-29-2008, 06:51 AM

Damn,I'm in the same situation as you.It should have arrived by Friday but unfortunately the courier got lost.I hope it'll arrive tomorrow.

The Search Button
06-29-2008, 02:50 PM

It worths the waiting.

Stylie
06-29-2008, 03:00 PM
Damn,I'm in the same situation as you.It should have arrived by Friday but unfortunately the courier got lost.I hope it'll arrive tomorrow.
Oh, that sucks..

It worths the waiting.
Yeah. Still, I don't heard all of the songs, 'caus I wanna wait till I get the album. Haven't heard Nothingtown, Takes Me Nowhere and Stuff Is Messed Up.

Jaded skies
06-29-2008, 03:41 PM
A lot of those seem right. What do you mean by the back cover, us in a near future? We're all going to wear gas masks?

Btw: if you were the one who came up with the last page break down. Amazing job. I never thought of it that way. By far my favorite picture

Camilamazed
06-29-2008, 07:50 PM
I've been meaning to ask this for quite sometime now: What is the deal with the bugs?

Americana, now RFRG. Has this ever been discussed here?

=S

IamSam
06-29-2008, 08:22 PM
Fix You: Is that a sugar cookie or something? Will it melt? Just like love? We need to fix it then.

It's a heart candy thing.

http://image.orientaltrading.com/otcimg/k9a.jpg

The Search Button
06-30-2008, 05:24 AM
A lot of those seem right. What do you mean by the back cover, us in a near future? We're all going to wear gas masks?

Btw: if you were the one who came up with the last page break down. Amazing job. I never thought of it that way. By far my favorite picture

Actually i have no clue for that last picture. I guess they thought: "hey a guy with a hat and a gas mask, that looks kewl!"

I love that baseball game image too.

I've been meaning to ask this for quite sometime now: What is the deal with the bugs?

Americana, now RFRG. Has this ever been discussed here?

=S

Bugs: To me they represent the demons we have inside of us, or the fucked up things we see around us. Two sides of a same coin.

It's a heart candy thing.

Tasty. My interpretation sustains.

jacknife737
06-30-2008, 03:28 PM
Tasty.

Actually they taste like ear-wax.

Hypodermic_89
07-01-2008, 02:39 AM
Notice that the batter on the last page has a bandaid.

Maybe this symbolizes fallen soldiers?

And on "Rock Bottom", the cockroach is on its back.

Now remember, cockroaches can survive a nuclear explosion. But if a cockroach is on its back, it's helpless. It just means that even the strongest have their weak spots.

Budzy
07-01-2008, 04:42 AM
my interpretation of the artwork and lyrics for Trust in You is that the person trusting in the other, has refused this persons help before, has thrown this persons advice back into his face, because of his own pride and because he is stubborn. The picutre represents an arm pulling up another, as if one was over the edge of a cliff, and one was trying to pull the other up. Although the person once refused their help, in this time of need, he needs the others help so badly, cos it means his life.

idk.
thats my attempt at trying to be deep.
makes sense to me.

And your gonna go far kid, in my view, is a young kid obvoiusly, who is rising his way to the top, through using his own cunning and without thought for anyone else. Using lies, and a good disguise, to promote himself to the top, to a position of power. The eagle represents his cunning, and theres always the term 'eagle eyes', meaning this kid is weary and very cunning. I think its a stab at the media, a young aspiring journalist who uses lies and a fancy suit to demolish others reputations, and promote himself.

thats my interpretation.

RageAndLov
07-01-2008, 05:30 AM
The angel is representing Rise And Fall!
It tries to fly up towards the sky (Rise), but the men on the ground is trying to pull the angel down with the chains (Fall). It's quite simple.

Budzy
07-01-2008, 05:58 AM
The angel is representing Rise And Fall!
It tries to fly up towards the sky (Rise), but the men on the ground is trying to pull the angel down with the chains (Fall). It's quite simple.

i agree.
i think the angel represents us, and just was we try to rise to the top, theres always sum1 pulling us down.