PDA

View Full Version : Mega Man 9?!?!?!? REALLY?

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
06-29-2008, 06:04 AM
http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=195228

After 12 long years, the first proper sequel to 1996's Mega Man 8 for the original PlayStation is coming to WiiWare, and it's rocking 8-bit graphics and sound!

UPDATE: Ars Technica is reporting that Capcom has announced Mega Man 9 for not only WiiWare, but for Xbox Live Arcade and the PlayStation Network, all three releasing on the same day!

ORIGINAL STORY: According to the newest issue of Nintendo Power, Mega Man 9 is soon coming to WiiWare, Nintendo's original downloadable game service. And while the levels, story, and character roster is new, the game is being developed using 8-bit technology.

"We're not just giving you Mega Man 9, we're giving you a new NES game," says series creator and Capcom developer Keiji Inafune, in an interview with Nintendo Power. "This is a game that brings back the fun of the old games, and I hope you all enjoy it!"

According to the issue, the game will be controlled holding the Wii Remote sideways, and will feature eight Robot Master bosses, namely Magma Man, Galaxy Man, Jewel Man, Concrete Man, Hornet Man, Plug Man, Tornado Man, and Splash Woman -- the first female Robot Master.

Earlier this month, the Australian Classification Board listed the still unannounced Mega Man 9 as a "G" rated multiplatform game.

Wow. I didn't expect it would go back to NES style graphics, but that's pretty cool.

Fatally Yours
06-29-2008, 06:10 AM
Oooooooooo awesome!

I miss my NES...:(

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
06-29-2008, 06:13 AM
I'll be sorely disappointed if it doesn't bridge the gap between the Mega Man series and the Mega Man X series. Like, there HAS to be reason to make another Mega Man game, right?

Fatally Yours
06-29-2008, 06:15 AM
Surely! I agree it'd be really disappointing otherwise! Hooray for Mega Man! :D

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
06-29-2008, 06:20 AM
Yeah. I'm sure it'll be a fun game regardless, but it just seems pointless to make unless they are enhancing the story and connecting it to the X series somehow. Plus, that would give the title "Mega Man X" a double meaning. Not only could it be read as a letter, but as a Roman Numeral.

Fatally Yours
06-29-2008, 06:23 AM
You've really though about this eh? lol!!

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
06-29-2008, 06:25 AM
Long time ago, when I was playing these games hardcore. I've lost track of all the other crap they've churned out. Since this is the original series, it got me excited again. I've only played the classic series and the X series. Some Zero games too. Haven't bothered with Battle Network or ZX or any of that business though.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
06-29-2008, 08:01 AM
And think of the possibilities this could lead to with other video game franchises. Wanna see another 2D Mario game? How 'bout Sonic The Hedgehog 4? The possibilities are endless.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
06-29-2008, 10:07 AM
More people need to be stoked about this.

0r4ng3
06-29-2008, 10:11 AM
They should do this with the Mother series. Either a US release of Mother 3 or a new Earthbound entirely.

I was never a big Mega Man fan, but this sounds like it'll be good.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
06-29-2008, 10:16 AM
They should do this with the Mother series. Either a US release of Mother 3 or a new Earthbound entirely.

Exactly. If anything, I really hope other game franchises take a page from this and follow suit. I'd love to see new Earthbound.

T-6005
06-29-2008, 10:32 AM
I never liked the Mega Man series all that much. The only thing I liked was that Bob and George came out of it.

coke_a_holic
06-29-2008, 10:43 AM
I was never a big Mega Man fan, but this sounds like it'll be good.

Liar, you had that Mega Man icon for, like, 3 years.

0r4ng3
06-29-2008, 10:53 AM
That doesn't necessarily mean I played the games, I just liked that avatar. So did quite a few other people, it's the main reason people liked me so much when I first joined the forums.

I was such a poser :(

JohnnyNemesis
06-29-2008, 02:40 PM
I likes my X universe separate!

Anyways, when I found out about this I fucking plotz'd.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
06-29-2008, 03:18 PM
I likes my X universe separate!

Anyways, when I found out about this I fucking plotz'd.

Well yeah, but there's a huge gap between the X and Classic series. Is X Mega Man enhanced or a new robot altogether? Why was Zero created? What happens to Bass and Treble? I wanna know these things. We know they're connected somehow but not exactly how. It's mentioned in the later X games that Zero was a creation of Dr. Wily. I wanna know more, dammit!

I guess I'm just a nerd.