PDA

View Full Version : Can Kristy be one of The Offsprings biggest singles?

one hundred punks
06-29-2008, 10:47 PM
I say yes.In fact, there are at least five strong singles on the album.This album deserves an "American Idiot" like run on the charts.

Conspiracyof1000
06-29-2008, 10:50 PM
Yes. It's good, and it could do well on the radios.

bhg_rulz2
06-29-2008, 10:51 PM
personally, I like kristy, but, to be a HUGE single, it's hard in my opinion, the song that could explode to the highest The Offspring, is

Half-Truism

RazielSR
06-30-2008, 02:28 AM
Kristy is a very beautiful and touching song. I love the solo part...

I Could be a extremely good single.

Camilamazed
06-30-2008, 06:24 AM
The problem with Kristy being a single is that nowadays people take all the songs as love songs. So, that could be a huge mess.

I'd rather other song to be single.

ad8
06-30-2008, 08:16 AM
I Could be a extremely good single.

I am single, too.:D
Anyway, yes I guess Kristy could be a good single for those people who don't like the normal Offspring sound.

RazielSR
06-30-2008, 08:19 AM
I am single, too.:D
Anyway, yes I guess Kristy could be a good single for those people who don't like the normal Offspring sound.

hahahahahaha nonooooo I'm not single, I made a mistake, I meant, IT coud be a extremely good single :):)

I prefer another singles first, but Kristy could be the 6th single :D

F@ BANKZ
06-30-2008, 08:23 AM
We've only ever had one "first song" released as a single- The Meaning Of Life- dispite them all being very radio friendly; it would be pretty interesting if Truism became one.

RazielSR
06-30-2008, 08:29 AM
But, damn...when are we gonna know something more about the new single os more stuff?

And when are they gonna make videos? They are making a lot of gigs!

maplejet
06-30-2008, 08:54 AM
Honestly, I think it's weak. A Lot Like Me can do better.

Gustavo
06-30-2008, 09:22 AM
I think it can.

However, I'd rather have A Lot Like Me as single

Jaded skies
06-30-2008, 10:23 AM
at this point, i dont really care. I like em about all the same. I just want a new single

RazielSR
06-30-2008, 10:48 AM
at this point, i dont really care. I like em about all the same. I just want a new single

................... +1

Biggest offspring fan
06-30-2008, 11:58 AM
In sweden it could definitely get really big, if those stupid retarded radio channels picks it up soon.

pixi
06-30-2008, 12:08 PM
Kristy is beautiful song but I think that Half Truism is better to be single. However for me all the songs of Offspring are hits:D

Llamas
06-30-2008, 12:31 PM
This song is really growing on me. I really didn't like it when I first heard it (I liked Fix You a lot more), but now I really dig it. It's so sad. :(

Dragnet
06-30-2008, 12:31 PM
Every single has the same size!

SaiKYoU
06-30-2008, 12:42 PM
for single, STUFF IS MESSED UP or bust...

findout5
06-30-2008, 12:42 PM
I hope they start getting airplay...haven't heard any song on the radio, or seen the video on MTV yet...maybe with Kristy they can do it!

Llamas
06-30-2008, 01:05 PM
for single, STUFF IS MESSED UP or bust...

You can't be serious... honestly. Stuff is Messed Up is a fun song, but it would be a TERRIBLE single. Singles have cuss words edited out of them.

So many words would have to be edited out. "the guy on tv is like a total" "typical bull views" "I don't know much, I don't know too much, but I know this. Is up!"

Redjie
06-30-2008, 01:14 PM
Kristy would do a good single but I think I'm kinda afraid of how people would misunderstood the lyrics. Kristy is so not a song about a love that ended up in a mess like some would probably think. That would totally fuck up the song. & I can't hear Kristy soooo, I guess it shouldn't be a single :D

KrispyNotKrunchy
06-30-2008, 01:24 PM
I think the next single should be: Half-Truism, A Lot Like Me, or Takes Me Nowhere

Jaded skies
06-30-2008, 01:25 PM
I think the next single should be: Half-Truism, A Lot Like Me, or Takes Me Nowhere

I lOVE takes me nowhere. Its probably my favorite song on the album. But to be honest, its not a single song.

GBH2
06-30-2008, 01:39 PM
NO

kristy = most annoying song on the album. its so freakin sappy

medi01
06-30-2008, 01:59 PM
I lOVE takes me nowhere.
me too, i also think nothingtown is great, but neither are single material at all. doesn't make them bad though...makes them more selective as the only people who will appreciate them will be the people who listen to the whole cd:p:D

Llamas
06-30-2008, 02:25 PM
Kristy would do a good single but I think I'm kinda afraid of how people would misunderstood the lyrics. Kristy is so not a song about a love that ended up in a mess like some would probably think. That would totally fuck up the song. & I can't hear Kristy soooo, I guess it shouldn't be a single :D

This seems like a silly reason to me. I think it's awesome when a song gets on the radio that has a deeper/less surfacey meaning to it. Also, I think most of the songs on the new album would be misinterpreted, anyway.

NO

kristy = most annoying song on the album. its so freakin sappy

There's a difference between personally liking a song and thinking it'd be a good single. You don't have to LIKE the song... but it would do well as a single.

selF_LexA
06-30-2008, 02:55 PM

I think Kristy can be interpreted in numerous ways. The Offspring write the lyrics with that purpose, so anyone can relate to them in their own way...

F@ BANKZ
06-30-2008, 02:59 PM
Honestly, I think it's weak. A Lot Like Me can do better.

A Lot Like Me would make the worst single in my opinion. Then again, if Fix You were to be released as a single results are unpredictable at best.

SaiKYoU
06-30-2008, 04:08 PM
You can't be serious... honestly. Stuff is Messed Up is a fun song, but it would be a TERRIBLE single. Singles have cuss words edited out of them.

So many words would have to be edited out. "the guy on tv is like a total" "typical bull views" "I don't know much, I don't know too much, but I know this. Is up!"

well you're right i forgot the stupid FCC...

dff_punk
06-30-2008, 04:30 PM
It can, but it depends on how much promotion it gets.

Redjie
06-30-2008, 05:20 PM
That's okay if Kristy can take multiply meanings because it can. But I guess what I said was kinda personal & to me there's nothing else to understand from Kristy. It would be a good single because i's mostly what radio stations like to put up. Personally I don't want it to become a single.

Cock Joke
06-30-2008, 05:49 PM
I say yes.In fact, there are at least five strong singles on the album.This album deserves an "American Idiot" like run on the charts.

Will you marry me?

F@ BANKZ
06-30-2008, 05:57 PM
If I've told you once then I've told you a thousand times. If you're going to get married over the internet ask them to send you a picture first.

Kickdrum
06-30-2008, 06:08 PM
Is it really that concerning how well they chart? While many fans get gained with success, many also get lost (see: Americana, hell even Smash).

I'd love for them to get some recognition, but for the right reasons. Radio airplay these days isn't really much of a compliment. In my opinion, all that matters is that they are happy with their product, and the true fans reciprocate with awesome energy at shows.

I, for one, am thrilled that the Novelty single idea has been discarded.

GBH2
06-30-2008, 07:10 PM
There's a difference between personally liking a song and thinking it'd be a good single. You don't have to LIKE the song... but it would do well as a single.

yeah.. it would do well amongst the 12-15 year old girl demographic

besides, it wouldn't make a good single. there's just no substance to it; its a sappy, cheesy little pop song.

Budzy
06-30-2008, 07:44 PM
idk.
i like kristy (dont tell her!) but it took time to grown on me. i singles are those sort of songs u have to listen once and instantly love it. like pretty fly. i think yggfk will make an instant hit if they change the lyrics for radio play, (mb dance dance dance, or dance sucker dance) cos all of my mates heard that once and instantly loved it.
i think whats really being unappreciated is nothingtown. i reckon thats got potential. its catchy song, got a catchy sorta tune to it. i think that would make a good single.