PDA

View Full Version : Horray for YGGFK!

bighead384
07-01-2008, 11:01 AM
http://www.allaccess.com/

Check out the "Taking Off" section under the "Alternative" tab (I believe you can do this without even registering).

You're Gonna Go Far, Kid is getting radio play.

That means it's definitely going to be the next single! Yes!

IamSam
07-01-2008, 12:45 PM

Check out the "Taking Off" section under the "Alternative" tab (I believe you can do this without even registering).

So should we ban it because it is a great part of society?

bighead384
07-01-2008, 12:46 PM
So should we ban it because it is a great part of society?

Yeah, we should. Asskisser.

bighead384
07-01-2008, 12:49 PM
BTW, how come nobody cares about this? It pretty much means there's a 99% chance that we know what the next single will be. I think that's pretty big news compared to some of the crazy threads around here.

jacknife737
07-01-2008, 12:52 PM
People care, but someone already brought this up; when Kroq started playing it. Although i guess this kind of confirms that its getting played nationally.

crrrN
07-01-2008, 12:52 PM
I don't see it?

bighead384
07-01-2008, 12:53 PM
I don't see it?

Why not? What's the problem?

IamSam
07-01-2008, 01:52 PM
Yeah, we should. Asskisser.

Ooooo! You got me there!

Fucking moron.

Back onto subject...does anyone have any ideas why it hasn't been announced as the next single?

dff_punk
07-01-2008, 02:41 PM
You must log in to access this page.

Cock Joke
07-01-2008, 02:46 PM
Fuck yes! Just 10 more to go now. LOL

Jaded skies
07-01-2008, 03:09 PM
i read the last 4 posts and now i am completly lost...

Little_Miss_1565
07-01-2008, 07:26 PM
Yeah, I remember it being mentioned that KROQ was already playing the song. Good stuff.

Asskisser.

You're far too old for that bullshit.

bighead384
07-01-2008, 07:37 PM
You're far too old for that bullshit.

Stupid comment. Of all the negative things that are said on this board, what the hell is particularly wrong with insulting a person in a way that implies that they try too hard to be accepted? What, asshole is ok, but not asskisser, that's immature or something? And anyway, IamSam tried to be a wiseguy to begin with, after I posted good news to share with fans. He got his little comback in, and I didn't care. Then you popped up.

bighead384
07-01-2008, 07:42 PM
Predicted loophole: She wasn't referring just to that one comment, but all the other things I do on this board.

Yeah right...

brian.offspring
07-01-2008, 08:27 PM

not necessarily . . though i think it`s going to be the next single . .

Little_Miss_1565
07-01-2008, 10:23 PM
Seriously though, is KROQ the only station playing the new song right now?

Predicted loophole: She wasn't referring just to that one comment, but all the other things I do on this board.

Yeah right...

Hmm, so, IamSam makes a snarky but not insulting comment at you based only on this one post you made. Then it's okay for YOU to come at IamSam with a dig about everything he's said pro-mod, but I can't point out that you're acting like a child about the moderators and everyone who doesn't hate us? Right.

And no, it's not okay to resort to ad hominems in GOD. As for the rest of the forums, I don't expect change overnight but it has cleaned up nicely, thanks for noticing.

And yes, I do tend to "pop up." Tends to happen when you're in charge of this nuthouse. :)

IamSam
07-01-2008, 10:27 PM

I do believe so. I haven't seen anywhere else that is playing it.

bighead384
07-01-2008, 10:42 PM

Hmm, so, IamSam makes a snarky but not insulting comment at you based only on this one post you made. Then it's okay for YOU to come at IamSam with a dig about everything he's said pro-mod, but I can't point out that you're acting like a child about the moderators and everyone who doesn't hate us? Right.

And no, it's not okay to resort to ad hominems in GOD. As for the rest of the forums, I don't expect change overnight but it has cleaned up nicely, thanks for noticing.

And yes, I do tend to "pop up." Tends to happen when you're in charge of this nuthouse. :)

The goal of IamSam's first post was to be a dickhead. I simply called him an asskisser, he called me a fucking moron, and it was over. Seems fair enough, and it was completely done with. Then you pop up, and decide you'll call me and only me out on being out of line. Now clearly, neither me or IamSam acted in the nicest way, but you decide to pester me about it, when I was neither the instigator, nor did I care to have the last word. Why?

Nuthouse? I think all you mods have a really negative view on how things are on this BBS. It's really not as bad as you all act. I think it's fine, and if there was a poll, I bet most people would agree.

bighead384
07-01-2008, 10:46 PM
Nuthouse? I think all you mods have a really negative view on how things are on this BBS. It's really not as bad as you all act. I think it's fine, and if there was a poll, I bet most people would agree.

Blah blah blah I don't know what it's really like because I'm not a mod blah blah blah. To some extent that's true, but I think you guys exaggerate it. I know you'll say otherwise, but I check the GOD almost everyday and I never see anything that bothers me or makes it a bad experience. Only the 1337 does.

IamSam
07-01-2008, 11:09 PM
The goal of IamSam's first post was to be a dickhead. I simply called him an asskisser, he called me a fucking moron, and it was over. Seems fair enough, and it was completely done with. Then you pop up, and decide you'll call me and only me out on being out of line. Now clearly, neither me or IamSam acted in the nicest way, but you decide to pester me about it, when I was neither the instigator, nor did I care to have the last word. Why?

Maybe if you would finish your call out thread against Mota Boy all will good.

jacknife737
07-01-2008, 11:56 PM
Why is he talking to himself?

Thomas
07-02-2008, 12:15 AM
IamSam and 1565, I have heard YGGF,K one two seperate occasions on my radio station here in Tucson. These guys are usually pretty on top of things as far as new releases go, so I'd say this is a VERY good sign that it's gonna be the next single.

IamSam
07-02-2008, 12:21 AM
IamSam and 1565, I have heard YGGF,K one two seperate occasions on my radio station here in Tucson. These guys are usually pretty on top of things as far as new releases go, so I'd say this is a VERY good sign that it's gonna be the next single.

Really? What station is that? I've been cruising the net trying to find places playing it, but to no avail.

Drums beating in my Heart
07-02-2008, 02:53 AM
Maybe if you would finish your call out thread against Mota Boy all will good.

He's right...

I was thinking the same thing...

Little_Miss_1565
07-02-2008, 08:27 AM

What's the station called? That's cool.

Also, big ups to your punctuation in your acronym. ;)

Thomas
07-02-2008, 08:37 AM
Commas have always been and always will be my favorite punctuation mark. I use 'em even when they aren't, needed.

And the station was KFMA (92.1 & 101.3) in Tucson. It doesn't have it listed in their playlist online, but they've played it twice already.

They also do this thing called the "9 o'clock Riot" where they countdown the top 5 requested songs of the day and there was actually one point where it pooped up in the number 5 position then disappeared since then.

EDIT: *popped

bighead384
07-02-2008, 10:55 AM
What's the station called? That's cool.

Also, big ups to your punctuation in your acronym. ;)

If you wanna ignore my comments about the mods, fine, but I know you're only ignoring everything else I said because you have nothing to say in response. You're trying to play it off like you're being the bigger person by letting it go, but in reality, you're only doing that because you realized you were being unfair.

bighead384
07-02-2008, 10:57 AM

It was meant to simulate what the expected (bullshit exaggerated) 1337 response would be.

Thomas
07-02-2008, 10:58 AM
Or maybe she doesn't care?

It REALLY looks like you are begging for attention now. I'd suggest stopping before you make yourself look like an even bigger douche-bag.

What about your lack of reasoning why Mota Boy should be banned? Is that any better than what you are accusing her of doing?

Just stop. It's getting annoying.

07-02-2008, 10:59 AM
I believe Bighead is a Dickhead...:rolleyes:

IamSam
07-02-2008, 11:26 AM
If you wanna ignore my comments about the mods, fine, but I know you're only ignoring everything else I said because you have nothing to say in response. You're trying to play it off like you're being the bigger person by letting it go, but in reality, you're only doing that because you realized you were being unfair.

Have you ever heard of the word 'ignore'? Could it be she just decided to ignore you and your pathetic jab?

It REALLY looks like you are begging for attention now. I'd suggest stopping before you make yourself look like an even bigger douche-bag.

What about your lack of reasoning why Mota Boy should be banned? Is that any better than what you are accusing her of doing?

Just stop. It's getting annoying.

And everything Thomas said.

bighead384
07-02-2008, 11:36 AM
Have you ever heard of the word 'ignore'? Could it be she just decided to ignore you and your pathetic jab?

I said "ignore" in the post that you just quoted, buddy. And what a convenient time to ignore me.

07-02-2008, 11:53 AM
You are ignoring your own "mota boy should be banned" thread...
I think people should ignore u...

Little_Miss_1565
07-02-2008, 05:47 PM

Bingo bango. This can be a hostile work environment, and I am choosing to go do things I like doing rather than argue with people who just want to piss me off for the pure sake of it.

bighead384
07-02-2008, 05:51 PM
Bingo bango. This can be a hostile work environment, and I am choosing to go do things I like doing rather than argue with people who just want to piss me off for the pure sake of it.

You were wrong, you got called out, now you're avoiding it. Plain and simple. And now that you've edited your post: So you call me out on something unfairly, and it's me who wants to piss you off, huh? That how it works?

I really don't like being a relentless dick, but that's what the 1337 does, so that's just what I'll do back.

Little_Miss_1565
07-02-2008, 06:00 PM
Funny thing about the "1337" -- it's hard to have a vast conspiracy of old members when several of us don't even really like eachother. Try again.

What the fuck do you want me to say, seriously. You didn't call me out on anything, you just further proved how much you love slinging mud with absolutely nothing to back it up with. How is that worth my time and effort to reply to. I get it, you're angry, and the people in charge here are easy targets. Now if you don't mind, you're derailing your own thread.

0r4ng3
07-02-2008, 06:03 PM
Sorry to go off topic, but I just felt like saying:

Yeah I think it's pretty cool that You're Gonna Go Far, Kid is the next single. It's my favorite off the album. Unfortunately the radio station here probably won't play it. I've heard them play Hammerhead once in the two months it's been out.

Little_Miss_1565
07-02-2008, 06:11 PM
Sorry to go off topic, but I just felt like saying:

Yeah I think it's pretty cool that You're Gonna Go Far, Kid is the next single. It's my favorite off the album. Unfortunately the radio station here probably won't play it. I've heard them play Hammerhead once in the two months it's been out.

Where do you live again? I know I know this but I have a terrible memory...Staten?

NYC is a notoriously horrible rock market.

0r4ng3
07-02-2008, 06:14 PM
Yeah, Stagnant Island. I sometimes listen to K-Rock, or as I call it "Red Hot Chili Peppers and maybe something else once in a while".

bighead384
07-02-2008, 06:15 PM
Funny thing about the "1337" -- it's hard to have a vast conspiracy of old members when several of us don't even really like eachother. Try again.

What the fuck do you want me to say, seriously. You didn't call me out on anything, you just further proved how much you love slinging mud with absolutely nothing to back it up with. How is that worth my time and effort to reply to. I get it, you're angry, and the people in charge here are easy targets. Now if you don't mind, you're derailing your own thread.

This whole post is just a creative way to change the focus and make it seem like I'm the one whose being ridiculous when really all I ask is that you own up to your unfairness. I started typing something else, but instead of getting sucked into to your plan, I'm just going to repeat what I believe you're purposely ignoring:

"The goal of IamSam's first post was to be a dickhead. I simply called him an asskisser, he called me a fucking moron, and it was over. Seems fair enough, and it was completely done with. Then you pop up, and decide you'll call me and only me out on being out of line. Now clearly, neither me or IamSam acted in the nicest way, but you decide to pester me about it, when I was neither the instigator, nor did I care to have the last word. Why?"

Little_Miss_1565
07-02-2008, 06:28 PM
Yeah, Stagnant Island. I sometimes listen to K-Rock, or as I call it "Red Hot Chili Peppers and maybe something else once in a while".

Haha, K-Rock is usually playing Zepplin when I tune in. But yeah. It doesn't exactly embrace cool shit in the same way its left coast cousin does, probs because NYC is such a shit rock market. Most people listen to the radio in their cars, and the cool kids of NYC tend not to own cars, heh.

Bighead -- IamSam was just teasing. Being a dickhead would be to have launched in with ad hominem bullshit, which he did not. But you seem to think any sort of teasing is a direct attack on your whathaveyou, which is also how it would appear you see any sort of indication from me (or anyone else in a position to say so) that what you are saying is inappropriate. I think you're overreacting. So instead of taking it personally, pick up and move on.

bighead384
07-02-2008, 06:41 PM
Haha, K-Rock is usually playing Zepplin when I tune in. But yeah. It doesn't exactly embrace cool shit in the same way its left coast cousin does, probs because NYC is such a shit rock market. Most people listen to the radio in their cars, and the cool kids of NYC tend not to own cars, heh.

Bighead -- IamSam was just teasing. Being a dickhead would be to have launched in with ad hominem bullshit, which he did not. But you seem to think any sort of teasing is a direct attack on your whathaveyou, which is also how it would appear you see any sort of indication from me (or anyone else in a position to say so) that what you are saying is inappropriate. I think you're overreacting. So instead of taking it personally, pick up and move on.

I really don't think it's fair to call it "overreacting" when most of my frustration is aimed at your persistence in simply refusing to admit your unfairness. As for the rest of your post, I simply don't agree that somehow what I did was worse, to the extent that only I am called out, and challenge anyone who doubts it to look back and see what they think.

Whatever. I'm done.

bighead384
07-02-2008, 06:42 PM
Can you block people on this forum? I think more people should just block each other. Seriously.

EMehl6
07-02-2008, 06:49 PM
First of all, hooray for YGGFK being the next single!

Next:

Can you block people on this forum? I think more people should just block each other. Seriously.

Yes, you can, and I agree. I'm sick of you already and all I did was read this thread. I mean, if you think this is such a shitty place and the mods have a conspiracy going, that quit bitching and trying to get attention and fucking leave. You're a douchebag anyway.

I mean, if you really think the mods here are on a powertrip, you should check out some other forums. I was recently temporarily banned on The Lacrosse Forums for the following: a picture I posted was too big, and I had an "illegal signature", whatever the fuck that means. But yeah, no warnings, I just received a notice when I logged in that I had been temporarily banned for that. How retarded is that? I don't think you realize how rediculously awesome the mods here are. So shut the fuck up and leave, and take your bitching and conspiracy theories with you. No one wants you here anyway.

To everyone else on the board: sorry I cheated on you with another forum :(

lol

Ryder1234
07-02-2008, 06:50 PM

put them on your ignore list

Ryder1234
07-02-2008, 06:53 PM

lol

its no biggie. lots of other people here, myself included, visit other forums

Little_Miss_1565
07-02-2008, 06:54 PM
EMehl, I know you're smart; please make your argument without the namecalling. Also, how could you cheat?! :(

IamSam
07-02-2008, 07:02 PM
Bighead -- IamSam was just teasing. Being a dickhead would be to have launched in with ad hominem bullshit, which he did not.

Exactly. There is a difference between ribbing someone and being a dick. I was ribbing you and prodding you to finish what you started in another thread.

However, your constant 'asskissing' remarks are blatant attacks on me. Why? Because of your past with the 'Anti-Authority' group and the attacks you did on people who support the moderating staff.

Have you ever thought that this isn't the place for you?

bighead384
07-02-2008, 07:02 PM
First of all, hooray for YGGFK being the next single!

Next:

Yes, you can, and I agree. I'm sick of you already and all I did was read this thread. I mean, if you think this is such a shitty place and the mods have a conspiracy going, that quit bitching and trying to get attention and fucking leave. You're a douchebag anyway.

I mean, if you really think the mods here are on a powertrip, you should check out some other forums. I was recently temporarily banned on The Lacrosse Forums for the following: a picture I posted was too big, and I had an "illegal signature", whatever the fuck that means. But yeah, no warnings, I just received a notice when I logged in that I had been temporarily banned for that. How retarded is that? I don't think you realize how rediculously awesome the mods here are. So shut the fuck up and leave, and take your bitching and conspiracy theories with you. No one wants you here anyway.

lol

You're talking about mods who ban people without a good reason. That's not a complaint I have expressed here.

bighead384
07-02-2008, 07:08 PM
Exactly. There is a difference between ribbing someone and being a dick. I was ribbing you and prodding you to finish what you started in another thread.

However, your constant 'asskissing' remarks are blatant attacks on me. Why? Because of your past with the 'Anti-Authority' group and the attacks you did on people who support the moderating staff.

Have you ever thought that this isn't the place for you?

No, you posted that to be a dickhead. And you were being an asskisser, bigtime. But how about calling me a fucking moron? Was that just "ribbing"? Who the fuck says "ribbing" anyway.

Ryder1234
07-02-2008, 07:10 PM
You're talking about mods who ban people without a good reason. That's not a complaint I have expressed here.

he was just pointing out that this place isnt like other forums. and hes right, i got banned at a Telecaster disscusion forum for promoting Conspiracyof1000's forum, without notice. here, all that would have happened is it would have been deleted, and i might have gotten a warning. at most a temporary ban, but that would have been very unlikely.

EMehl6
07-02-2008, 07:11 PM
EMehl, I know you're smart; please make your argument without the namecalling.

Yeah, but if I said it in an intelligent way, he wouldn't be able to understand. Plus, I tend to call people names when I'm pissed lol. But now, I've gotten it out of my system.

Also, how could you cheat?! :(

I thought it would be fun and exciting, and that I could get away with it, but in the end it just made me feel dirty and unhappy, and it was a terrible experience, so I had to confess. Can you ever love me again? Haha.

IamSam
07-02-2008, 07:12 PM
No, you posted that to be a dickhead. And you were being an asskisser, bigtime. But how about calling me a fucking moron? Was that just "ribbing"?

Oh god...the asskisser comment again...how will I ever live? Stating my opinion isn't asskissing same as you posting your opinion isn't douchebaggery...oh wait...

Don't assume things either. I was ribbing you to try and make you answer up to the shit you tried to sling at Mota Boy. Apparently you aren't big enough to follow up on your own promise.

Who the fuck says "ribbing" anyway.

Someone with a larger vocabulary than you, ya wanker.

bighead384
07-02-2008, 07:12 PM
he was just pointing out that this place isnt like other forums. and hes right, i got banned at a Telecaster disscusion forum for promoting Conspiracyof1000's forum, without notice. here, all that would have happened is it would have been deleted, and i might have gotten a warning. at most a temporary ban, but that would have been very unlikely.

I'm not saying that their the worst mods ever. I just think most of them are dickheads with an over-inflated sense of importance.

bighead384
07-02-2008, 07:14 PM
Someone with a larger vocabulary than you, ya wanker.

But it's not a big word, you jackass.

EMehl6
07-02-2008, 07:17 PM
Bighead:

LET

IT

GO

Act your age, not your shoe size. I mean, if you're getting this worked up over being called names over the internet, how do you react in real life. This is the last time I'll be replying to you, and I think everyone else should do the same, because if we all ignore his pleas for attention, it won't be fun for him anymore.

Little_Miss_1565
07-02-2008, 07:18 PM
Bighead, please avail yourself of the multi-quote feature so you don't have to constantly double post. Also, this argument has no place here and I'm going to start deleting any attempts to continue it in this thread from now on.

0r4ng3
07-02-2008, 07:19 PM
So, uh...yeah. After You're Gonna Go Far, Kid, what do you all think the next single will be? I hope it's either Nothingtown or Takes Me Nowhere. Both pretty good songs that could get a bit of radioplay.

bighead384
07-02-2008, 07:20 PM
After listening to it more, I think Nothingtown should be the third single.

EMehl6
07-02-2008, 07:21 PM
So, uh...yeah. After You're Gonna Go Far, Kid, what do you all think the next single will be? I hope it's either Nothingtown or Takes Me Nowhere. Both pretty good songs that could get a bit of radioplay.

I think "Let's Hear It For Rock Bottom" would also be a good choice.

Little_Miss_1565
07-02-2008, 07:23 PM
I really want to see where this song goes. I think "Takes me Nowhere" and "Nothingtown" are great, but I lurve "Half-Truism" and "Trust in You." I think YGGF,K could go more places than "Hammerhead" but if it doesn't do as well, I think the latter two I mentioned might be a better place to go.

EMehl6
07-02-2008, 07:24 PM
How awesome would it be if "Stuff Is Messed Up" was the next single? Hahaha.

IamSam
07-02-2008, 07:47 PM
I honestly think, despite JohnnyNem's hatred for it, that Nothingtown would be a great single. Especially if the video had the band playing in a garage and then had them trying to get out of a small town but to no avail. At the end they would finally get their freedom and ride off into the sunset in the bed of a pickup truck. ;)

0r4ng3
07-02-2008, 07:50 PM
Actually, I totally forgot about A Lot Like Me. I even have a video planned out in my head and everything. It would be really cool.

jacknife737
07-02-2008, 07:54 PM
I honestly think, despite JohnnyNem's hatred for it, that Nothingtown would be a great single. Especially if the video had the band playing in a garage and then had them trying to get out of a small town but to no avail. At the end they would finally get their freedom and ride off into the sunset in the bed of a pickup truck. ;)

When I first heard RAFRAG, I immediately thought Nothingtown would be a single. My idea for a video would be the band playing in a garage, but whilst the town collapses in chaos.

Although, depending on how well Kid does, Half-Truism/Kristy/Trust in You and even A Lot Like Me are all potential singles.

Little_Miss_1565
Ideas for videos could be a cool thread idea :D

Ryder1234
I really want to see where this song goes. I think "Takes me Nowhere" and "Nothingtown" are great, but I lurve "Half-Truism" and "Trust in You." I think YGGF,K could go more places than "Hammerhead" but if it doesn't do as well, I think the latter two I mentioned might be a better place to go.

i also think Half-Truism would be a good choice. it seems to fit with the current music trends, while not sacrificing itself to a poppy sound.

i seem to remember someone saying they heard Kristy on radio, and i think that would be a really good single. i would rather it not though, because i dont want them to get known for a song like that. Ive taken enough from my friends over Pretty Fly, and its 10 years old now.

Actually, I totally forgot about A Lot Like Me. I even have a video planned out in my head and everything. It would be really cool.

oh shit i forgot about it as well. that could do really good actually.

Cock Joke
07-02-2008, 10:51 PM
I think more people should just block each other. Seriously.

This is a very good point, actually.

Anyway...YGGFK ROCKS!

Rutegard
07-03-2008, 02:02 AM
nothigtown would be a great single!!!

it's such a cute song

Camilamazed
07-03-2008, 07:51 AM
I would not like to listen to this song on the radio, the best part of the song will be like : "Dance *stupid noise* dance".

=(

Thomas
07-03-2008, 03:12 PM
If A Lot Like Me doesn't become a single, I will have a hissy-fit and there will be much whining.

bighead384
07-04-2008, 01:19 PM
According to the site that I linked in the original post, YGGFK is already at number 48 on the alternative charts. So obviously tons of stations are playing it now. I wonder if that song can succeed on any of the other charts...

Rutegard
07-04-2008, 01:22 PM
it will do better then hammerhead....it's catchier then hammerhead :P

Kornography17
07-04-2008, 02:29 PM
OH YAY! It's #14 on the bubbling under hot 100!

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/esearch/chart_display.jsp?cfi=344&cfgn=Singles&cfn=Bubbling+Under+Hot+100+Singles&ci=3097231&cdi=9815812&cid=07%2F05%2F2008

Oh and in a non-YGGFK related news: RAFRAG charted at #23 this week

bighead384
07-04-2008, 08:01 PM
it will do better then hammerhead....it's catchier then hammerhead :P

This is true. I've always thought that overall, Hammerhead rocks, but the chorus is just okay, whereas most radio songs have incredibly catchy choruses. YGGFK is amazingly catchy throughout the song, and is also more musically diverse. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it made it in the top 50 or higher in the pop charts, in addition to being a smash hit on alt. rock radio.

I've been a hardcore Offspring fan for years, and I really think THIS is the song that will allow them to them loose their reputation as a band that have been out of their prime since the 90's. I also really like the idea of the band achieving commercial success with songs that sound more like the majority of the songs they've written in their career.

Ryder1234
07-04-2008, 08:44 PM
i also agree. i think that YGGF,K is probably is the best choice, and would have been a better first single. Hammerhead gets tiering too fast. I never listen to it anymore.

bighead384
07-04-2008, 08:52 PM
i also agree. i think that YGGF,K is probably is the best choice, and would have been a better first single. Hammerhead gets tiering too fast. I never listen to it anymore.

I can see pros and cons to either one of the two being first singles, but since Hammerhead was picked first, it got a lot more exposure than it ever would've gotten if not for the fact that it was the first single in four years. YGGFK on the other hand, will probably do just as well no matter when they release it, because it's more radio friendly.

Ryder1234
07-04-2008, 09:19 PM
yeah. i still wish HH wasn't the first single though. i can't listen to it anymore.

brothadave79
07-06-2008, 04:58 PM
I don't know if anyone already pointed this out or not, but YGGFK has been on their myspace for a little bit now. So when will it become "official"?

Stylie
07-06-2008, 05:19 PM
OH YAY! It's #14 on the bubbling under hot 100!

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/esearch/chart_display.jsp?cfi=344&cfgn=Singles&cfn=Bubbling+Under+Hot+100+Singles&ci=3097231&cdi=9815812&cid=07%2F05%2F2008

Oh and in a non-YGGFK related news: RAFRAG charted at #23 this week

Oh, cool. That's great after just 1 week? =D
Yeah, I'm glad they made YGGF,K as second single. I think it's gonna make it better than Hammerhead actually, and Hammerhead did go pretty well?

And just post links with statestics and stuff, I like that. We like that. ^^

Little_Miss_1565
07-06-2008, 05:31 PM
I don't know if anyone already pointed this out or not, but YGGFK has been on their myspace for a little bit now. So when will it become "official"?

It's on the charts. How much more official does it get?

brothadave79
07-06-2008, 05:36 PM
An announcement on the main page?

bighead384
07-06-2008, 06:55 PM

What makes a single "official" these days anyway? Seems like no one releases physical copies of singles anymore, which actually kind of sucks now that I think about it, because The Offspring used to release a lot of extra songs along with the singles. Anyway, I know some Linkin Park songs have charted and weren't released as singles before, but that's Linkin Park, the freaking kings of modern rock radio.

brothadave79
07-06-2008, 07:20 PM
Right. Bad Habit and Next to You weren't really singles, but they got radio play.

Little_Miss_1565
07-06-2008, 07:49 PM
Right. Bad Habit and Next to You weren't really singles, but they got radio play.

I respectfully disagree. There are various 'levels' if you will of how much a single is promoted to radio stations. Something like Hammerhead that charted so high would have a lot of people making a lot of phone calls on its behalf, because it's important. Promoting the Offspring's Police cover, on the other hand, might not be seen as being as big a deal as some of the other things the promoters have going. Stations that are big supporters of the band would get it and likely give it airplay, but not every single one ever would get on it.

It's still a single, though.

bighead384
07-06-2008, 08:13 PM

According to wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Offspring_discography) those songs are not singles.

Jojan
07-06-2008, 09:16 PM
According to wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Offspring_discography) those songs are not singles.

I really shat my pants laughing at you. You type it in as a single and it is a single, dumbass! Make whatever you want a single.

brothadave79
07-06-2008, 09:25 PM
Ha. Right about wikipedia. Funny thing is, if you go to "singles" on the official site under "music" there were no singles released before All I Want and none after WDYGAJ.:rolleyes:

bighead384
07-06-2008, 09:25 PM
I really shat my pants laughing at you. You type it in as a single and it is a single, dumbass! Make whatever you want a single.

I don't know whether you're suggesting that I edited the wikipedia article myself, or you're attacking wikipedia's credibility in general, but I don't see why you would think either scenario is likely in this case.

bighead384
07-06-2008, 09:33 PM
Ha. Right about wikipedia. Funny thing is, if you go to "singles" on the official site under "music" there were no singles released before All I Want and none after WDYGAJ.:rolleyes:

Edit: Nevermind, that section is just retarded.

Little_Miss_1565
07-06-2008, 09:48 PM
I don't know whether you're suggesting that I edited the wikipedia article myself, or you're attacking wikipedia's credibility in general, but I don't see why you would think either scenario is likely in this case.

Considering that someone from this forum edited the Offspring's wiki page to say that Greg K was a former member after he announced he was sitting out a few gigs to be with his family, I would say Wikipedia's credibility is not sure.

bighead384
07-06-2008, 09:55 PM
Considering that someone from this forum edited the Offspring's wiki page to say that Greg K was a former member after he announced he was sitting out a few gigs to be with his family, I would say Wikipedia's credibility is not sure.

Thing is, I've noticed that misinformation doesn't last very long on wikipedia articles. I've visited that discography page a bunch of times to look at the singles, and it's listed the same ones for as long as I remember. So it would seem that The Offspring fans who contribute to the wikipedia article have some reason to believe that songs like Bad Habit and Next To You are not truly singles.

Either way, I'm almost positive that YGGFK will be considered the second single.

Little_Miss_1565
07-06-2008, 09:58 PM
Thing is, I've noticed that misinformation doesn't last very long on wikipedia articles. I've visited that discography page a bunch of times to look at the singles, and it's listed the same ones for as long as I remember. So it would seem that The Offspring fans who contribute to the wikipedia article have some reason to believe that songs like Bad Habit and Next To You are not truly singles.

Either way, I'm almost positive that YGGFK will be considered the second single.

Singles aren't singles based on popular vote -- if it got radio play, it's because someone at the label sent a CD containing the song to a radio station, then called that station multiple times to talk about said song.

I'm also positive YGGF,K will be considered the second single, but because it's already on the bubbling under Billboard chart.

bighead384
07-06-2008, 10:03 PM
So I guess any songs that get play on at least a few stations are considered "singles", even though most people only recognize somewhat successful singles as "singles".

Little_Miss_1565
07-06-2008, 10:12 PM
Commercial stations at least, yes. College and other album based formats do whatever they like.

bighead384
07-06-2008, 10:13 PM
Commercial stations at least, yes. College and other album based formats do whatever they like.

I see.

We didn't argue for once.

Ninty Man
07-07-2008, 08:58 AM
RAFRAG has sold 255,000 copies worldwide?

IamSam
07-07-2008, 09:48 AM

Where did you get that number?

Stylie
07-07-2008, 09:54 AM
If so, that's inzzzzzane.

Rutegard
07-07-2008, 12:08 PM

is that good?

Capricorn4
07-07-2008, 12:10 PM
is that good?

I guess so,because it was released nearly just a month ago.

Rutegard
07-07-2008, 12:15 PM
I guess so,because it was released nearly just a month ago.

oh yeah...that's true...i forgot about that! :P

hope it will last this good

Alex101
07-07-2008, 12:25 PM

I knew it. The rumors are (almost) true that "Youre Gonna Go Far, Kid" will be a single. KROQ's been playing it almost everyday now.

Rutegard
07-07-2008, 12:26 PM
I knew it. The rumors are (almost) true that "Youre Gonna Go Far, Kid" will be a single. KROQ's been playing it almost everyday now.

almost everyday really? that's great!! :D

Alex101
07-07-2008, 12:32 PM
almost everyday really? that's great!! :D

Yeah, I listen to the station online.

jacknife737
07-07-2008, 04:13 PM

Yeah, i wouldn't mind knowing that myself. It probably has sold around 100k in the US by now, and I know it sold around 50k in Japan during its first week... i guess it's not that unrealistic, but i still wouldn't mind a source.

Ninty Man
07-07-2008, 06:19 PM

It was said in Wikipedia... that's the why of my question

IamSam
07-07-2008, 06:56 PM
It was said in Wikipedia... that's the why of my question

And it's not cited there either. Go figure.

TheOldMark
07-07-2008, 07:07 PM
terrible choice for a single. this song really isnt that great, and its Dexter's poorest performance voice-wise.

brothadave79
07-07-2008, 07:13 PM
terrible choice for a single. this song really isnt that great, and its Dexter's poorest performance voice-wise.

I disagree on all accounts, plus it sounds great live!

Bipolar Bear
07-07-2008, 07:18 PM

I must disagree, and although I personally prefer Half-Truism, Stuff is Messed Up, and Trust in You this song probably has the greatest potential to appeal to the general public. Plus, it's really good.

As a side note that nobody will care about but I'll post anyway, I had this dream the other day where Nothingtown was the single. Everyone was watching the Nothingtown video on TV (which was basically the offspring singing on the beach) and loving it. It was the first time I had dreamed of The Offspring.
:cool:

IamSam
07-07-2008, 07:43 PM

Frick on a stick...can you say anything that isn't negitive or shows that you are full of yourself?

jacknife737
07-07-2008, 08:20 PM

You best be joking.

Thomas
07-07-2008, 08:25 PM
Yeah, in all honesty, that song is one of Dexter's best on the album and one of his best ever.

Little_Miss_1565
07-07-2008, 09:14 PM
Seriously, Mark...are we hearing the same song?

bighead384
07-07-2008, 11:19 PM
Yeah, TheOldMark

I was gonna write about why YGGFK is so great and how I can't believe an Offspring fan could not like it, but I just couldn't think of anything to say that makes sense so i gave up. After like 20 minutes. I'm enormously high. But...I just don't know how anybody can not like YGGFK., that's all.

Rutegard
07-08-2008, 04:07 AM
I disagree on all accounts, plus it sounds great live!

i quote this

i really like to hear it live, and mosh at dance fucker dance part :D

endlesst0m
07-19-2008, 11:07 AM
Everybody call your local rock station and request YGGFK. Especially if you live on the east coast. Cause they're not playing it there yet for some reason.

Bipolar Bear
07-19-2008, 11:13 AM
Hopefully they'll start playing it more once (and if) it becomes a single. For now, they're mostly playing their older stuff around here, mostly Come out and Play. They're playing it more than before though, so maybe they're doing it in anticipation of playing some of their newer singles in the near future.

Rutegard
07-19-2008, 11:25 AM
is there any official position yet?

bighead384
07-19-2008, 12:16 PM
is there any official position yet?

According to the site I check (the one linked in the first post in this thread), it's number 42. It would be higher, but eastern U.S. stations aren't playing it at all yet. Plus, it's still really new so it needs time.

Rutegard
07-19-2008, 12:21 PM
According to the site I check (the one linked in the first post in this thread), it's number 42. It would be higher, but eastern U.S. stations aren't playing it at all yet. Plus, it's still really new so it needs time.

so is it official that this song will be the new single after all?

Stylie
07-19-2008, 12:57 PM
so is it official that this song will be the new single after all?
Well, the band or anything haven't confirmed it, but we think so since the Hammerhead and YGGF,K-sticker is on the album, and radiostations playing it all lot (some stations).

So'eh...no, it's not official.

Ninty Man
07-19-2008, 06:26 PM
Yeah, in all honesty, that song is one of Dexter's best on the album and one of his best ever.

Apparently Noodles wrote it

KyleW
07-19-2008, 07:23 PM
After reading through 13 pages I think I deserve my two cents.

I definately agree that YGGF,K will be single #2 without a shadow of a doubt. But I was thinking is it the right choice? If you ask me, no. I think something like Half-Truism or Rock Bottom would be better suited (I'm still hoping for one of those as single #3.) However looking at it in terms of radio play, popularity and commercial success YGGF,K looks like a reall smart choice.

Apparently Noodles wrote it

Is this confirmed anywhere? That would be awesome if its true. Can anyone back me up that he has only ever wrote DUI before this?

Also, no radio play in my local are yet (north-west England :p) In fact we are lucky if we get Pretty Fly every now and then.

Ninty Man
07-19-2008, 08:38 PM
After reading through 13 pages I think I deserve my two cents.

I definately agree that YGGF,K will be single #2 without a shadow of a doubt. But I was thinking is it the right choice? If you ask me, no. I think something like Half-Truism or Rock Bottom would be better suited (I'm still hoping for one of those as single #3.) However looking at it in terms of radio play, popularity and commercial success YGGF,K looks like a reall smart choice.

Is this confirmed anywhere? That would be awesome if its true. Can anyone back me up that he has only ever wrote DUI before this?

Also, no radio play in my local are yet (north-west England :p) In fact we are lucky if we get Pretty Fly every now and then.

I read it in this forums, that he said that in a concert. but...MMM I think that hardly we'll get a second or even third single

IamSam
07-19-2008, 10:35 PM
I read it in this forums, that he said that in a concert. but...MMM I think that hardly we'll get a second or even third single

I think he was joking about the whole writing thing.

F@ BANKZ
07-20-2008, 06:19 AM

No, I started this rumour. He said that he wrote it at Download and I was just about humourless enough not to have detected the sarcasm. In a fairly recent interview Dexter was the one who fielded the question on why he wrote it.

bighead384
07-22-2008, 02:16 PM
I've been checking the site I originally linked, and the east cost just doesn't wanna play YGGFK for some reason. It's been in heavy rotation on stations everywhere else in America for almost two weeks now, but nothing over here in the east. Anyone know why that might be?

Rutegard
07-22-2008, 02:31 PM
No, I started this rumour. He said that he wrote it at Download and I was just about humourless enough not to have detected the sarcasm. In a fairly recent interview Dexter was the one who fielded the question on why he wrote it.

didn't see that...

what did he said about the song writing?

danitanev
07-23-2008, 01:27 AM
I have really no idea if YGGFK is going to be 2nd singe, but according to you guys it seems like it's going to be! So I can only say that I think this is the best choice! And I think this song it'll be greatly accepted not only from the diehard The Offspring fans, but from the masses too - it has a potential to become a big hit worldwide! :)

Rutegard
07-23-2008, 01:24 PM
I have really no idea if YGGFK is going to be 2nd singe, but according to you guys it seems like it's going to be! So I can only say that I think this is the best choice! And I think this song it'll be greatly accepted not only from the diehard The Offspring fans, but from the masses too - it has a potential to become a big hit worldwide! :)

my mom likes it :D:D

Capricorn4
07-23-2008, 01:41 PM
my mom likes it :D:D

What can I say?My mom likes it too(and the music I'm usually listening to as well).

Rutegard
07-23-2008, 01:54 PM
What can I say?My mom likes it too(and the music I'm usually listening to as well).

my mom just digs this one and WDYGAJ heheh

Rooster
07-23-2008, 02:22 PM
My mom digs The Offspring, too.

bighead384
08-19-2008, 06:16 PM
Two thing I want to discuss...

One, YGGFK is all the way up at #18 on the Modern Rock charts. Is your station playing it? Two, shouldn't they at least be shooting the video for it by this point?

Ryder1234
08-19-2008, 06:46 PM
No, my station hasn't played it yet, and they're pretty up to date on offspring songs.

danitanev
08-20-2008, 12:16 AM
YGGFK second single! It'll be great I want to say as I said before! But what I want to say too is that my mom really likes The Offspring! Well in the begining not that much, but now she really does, so big thanks to our moms that like The Offspring! :D

Free?
08-20-2008, 03:49 AM
YGGFK second single! It'll be great I want to say as I said before! But what I want to say too is that my mom really likes The Offspring! Well in the begining not that much, but now she really does, so big thanks to our moms that like The Offspring! :D

Was it officially confirmed?

F@ BANKZ
08-20-2008, 06:48 AM
My mom digs The Offspring, too.

Mine doesn't, thank God!

bighead384
08-20-2008, 09:24 AM
Was it officially confirmed?

Yeah. It's already at number 17 on the modern rock charts and it's still going up. I want RFRAG to be a huge success, so it's a great sign that the first two singles are doing great. I hope they plan to shoot a video for YGGFK though.

mrs_hollandova
08-20-2008, 09:30 AM
Letīs hope they will make a NORMAL video. I neeeeeeeeed to see them on TV again in something new!

Alex101
08-20-2008, 09:40 AM
Yeah. It's already at number 17 on the modern rock charts and it's still going up. I want RFRAG to be a huge success, so it's a great sign that the first two singles are doing great. I hope they plan to shoot a video for YGGFK though.

KROQ's been playing it a lot also, lately.

ZeQuebecois
08-20-2008, 10:06 AM
I read that it passed on yesterday on RadioEnergie, Montreal... But I missed it:eek:.
The radios are surely playing the censured version, aren't they? Does it sill sounds awesome ? (I mean, the 'Dance Focker Dance' part...)

Stylie
08-20-2008, 11:25 AM

Uhm, officially confirmed? I don't think so. It's just that it's been playing a lot on some radio stations and is on the sticker along with Hammerhead. It hasn't been officially realesed as a second single, or confirmed?

Redjie
08-20-2008, 11:56 AM
I don't think it is officially confirmed as second single but if radio stations are playin it very often and also in my RAFRAG cover there was a sticked sayin "featuring Hammerhead and You're Gonna Go Far, Kid" it all points it will. They do that when they want to give evidence to the singles. So... it's 99% per cent sure it will be the second single :D

Rutegard
08-20-2008, 12:08 PM
I don't think it is officially confirmed as second single but if radio stations are playin it very often and also in my RAFRAG cover there was a sticked sayin "featuring Hammerhead and You're Gonna Go Far, Kid" it all points it will. They do that when they want to give evidence to the singles. So... it's 99% per cent sure it will be the second single :D

oh yeah baby :D

nice single :D

F@ BANKZ
08-20-2008, 12:09 PM
Plus Dexter has never rejoined when people have asked what the third single is to be. It is the second single.

Rutegard
08-20-2008, 12:15 PM
Plus Dexter has never rejoined when people have asked what the third single is to be. It is the second single.

yeah the third one will be kristy

bighead384
08-20-2008, 12:42 PM
Maybe Dexter is waiting till his hair is long enough for dreads again ;).

Anyway, I feel like A Lot Like Me, Half-Truism, AND Rock Bottom would do awesome as singles after YGGFK. But that would be 5 singles. Imagine 5 singles on a 12 song album. Didn't American Idiot have 5 too?

F@ BANKZ
08-20-2008, 12:51 PM
yeah the third one will be kristy

Maybe Dexter is waiting till his hair is long enough for dreads again ;).

That should be fitting for Kristy. Is Dexter actually growing braids? I wouldn't usually care but it would feel like the show I missed out on a decade ago if Dex and Noodles were rocking the styles.

On a slightly less trivial note, I can't see Kristy being the next single. The interviewer asked Dexter and he said that it was a possibility, there wasn't even any implication in his tone.

Rutegard
08-20-2008, 12:59 PM
That should be fitting for Kristy. Is Dexter actually growing braids? I wouldn't usually care but it would feel like the show I missed out on a decade ago if Dex and Noodles were rocking the styles.

On a slightly less trivial note, I can't see Kristy being the next single. The interviewer asked Dexter and he said that it was a possibility, there wasn't even any implication in his tone.

yeah i hope so

i don't want kristy to be the next single honestly....

Stylie
08-20-2008, 01:57 PM

Exactly. But it's not officially confirmed, that's just my point. ;)
But of course I think it gonna be the second single too - it's a reason that the sticker is the way it is, hehe.

camilo andres
08-21-2008, 11:33 AM
It is already the second single on Colombian radio since last tuesday, and they say it was official.

Stylie
08-21-2008, 12:27 PM
It is already the second single on Colombian radio since last tuesday, and they say it was official.

They did? Wow. =D

Rutegard
08-21-2008, 01:46 PM
They did? Wow. =D

yeah nice they could have said something...here...

KrispyNotKrunchy
08-25-2008, 04:03 PM
According to Wikipedia, YGGFK was released as a single in July 2008. Why haven't we heard anything from the band? And if Wikipedia is correct, when should we expect a music video.

It seems like there's too much silence.

jacknife737
08-25-2008, 04:15 PM
According to Wikipedia, YGGFK was released as a single in July 2008. Why haven't we heard anything from the band? And if Wikipedia is correct, when should we expect a music video.

It has been getting radio play since July, but hasn't been "officially" released yet by the band. The annoucnemet will probably come when they announce their North American tour dates.

Alex101
08-25-2008, 04:18 PM
It has been getting radio play since July, but hasn't been "officially" released yet by the band. The annoucnemet will probably come when they announce their North American tour dates.
KROQ played it first this past June. So, I guess we only got about a couple months to wait on the announcement on whether this will be a new single.

bighead384
08-25-2008, 04:31 PM

I really don't get it either. If there are personal reasons that are causing this to occur, then I apologize, but other than that, I really don't see why they haven't released a proper video from RAFRAG yet. From a business perspective, if the single was released in mid July, shouldn't the video at least be done by mid September? I mean, radio stations aren't going to play it forever. It doesn't seem smart to release the video after it's already been overplayed on radio.

If there's no announcement within about a week, I think it's pretty safe to assume there will be no YGGFK video.

Stylie
08-27-2008, 01:18 PM
I really don't get it either. If there are personal reasons that are causing this to occur, then I apologize, but other than that, I really don't see why they haven't released a proper video from RAFRAG yet. From a business perspective, if the single was released in mid July, shouldn't the video at least be done by mid September? I mean, radio stations aren't going to play it forever. It doesn't seem smart to release the video after it's already been overplayed on radio.

If there's no announcement within about a week, I think it's pretty safe to assume there will be no YGGFK video.

It's weird, really weird. Don't know what's going on. Officially realese a 2nd single, and get a music video! :D