PDA

View Full Version : Woo Hoo!, Take that FARC!

The shadow
07-02-2008, 07:55 PM
I invite you all to join me in a huge "FUCK YOU" to the FARC and rejoice on the recent news. If you have a drink near you, this would be a good time to empty it. Woo hoo!.

Little_Miss_1565
07-02-2008, 08:11 PM
I was really impressed by the news. The report I read said not a single shot was fired. Woooo!

The shadow
07-02-2008, 11:06 PM
It's not only how clean the operation was conducted -wich actually speaks a lot of the armed forces and the government's pacification policy- but the fact that this operation came amidst a domestic and international shit storm, ignited by the military operation in wich the second most important guerrilla leader was killed and, the decision of the supreme court to put into doubt the 2006 presidential elections.

I'm very happy because everybody is winning with this except the FARC, Chávez and Correa. This is another nail in this conflict's coffin and a prove that democracy is possible in a conflicted third world country.

wheelchairman
07-03-2008, 04:53 AM
Well I don't know about that, but it is a step in getting one of the most violent groups out of the way.

ad8
07-03-2008, 07:44 AM
I too am happy about this. Cool to see that people can solve such a situation without violence.

jacknife737
07-03-2008, 05:27 PM
This is really great news. I particularly enjoyed the fact that Columbian Commandos used "Che" shirts as their disguise.

Satanic_Surfer
07-06-2008, 01:04 PM
i heard quite a sum was handed over at some point and that it's likely that they were paid to release the hostages. It'd be understandable... no government would openly say they have handed them money. Though i hope it was real of course.