PDA

View Full Version : Video Ideas

IamSam
07-02-2008, 07:07 PM
This idea was spawned from Little_Miss_1565. This thread is set up for us as the fans to throw out ideas for music videos for songs from the new album that we would like to see as singles.

What are you waiting for? Start creating!:)

Little_Miss_1565
07-02-2008, 07:09 PM
Post your idea! It was a great one!

Ryder1234
07-02-2008, 07:12 PM
i remember i had a good one for hammerhead. although now it seems pretty pointless to post it, i will anyways. i have to remember it first, ill edit with it.

Edit: so i think i remember how it went, but im probably missing some stuff.

It starts with some guys in the army air dropping into some place in Afghanistan during the intro. then they advance on some building and gather around it, keeping at a distance. one of them places a charge on the door, and as the verse starts, the door blows open and they charge in. they go into combat in the building, and eventually make it out the back of the building. its in some street in a town and all the houses have walls blown out etc. then as the bass solo starts, the guy who placed the charge on the door (the videos focus is around him) get knocked down and a Taliban soldier points a gun at him. it shows a closeup of his eyes, and then it goes into a memory of a school shooting where he is in the same position as now, but he survives getting shot then. then it comes back to present time and he is shot. he dies and the video ends just as he died.

you should be able to apply it to the song even though i didnt explain it that well.

IamSam
07-02-2008, 08:54 PM
Post your idea! It was a great one!

Will do!

Song: Nothingtown

The video will feature the band playing in a garage and at the same time attempting to escape from a small town that attempts to stop people from leaving. The band will try different forms of escape from their un-walled prison and have their faces pressed against the hood of a police car numerous times. They will finally escape in the bed of a pickup that jumps the police barricade and they will finish playing the song in the bed of the pickup as they cross a bridge and head into the sunset.

Ryder1234
07-02-2008, 09:14 PM
thats good. they should consider using that, but then again they seem to be favoring the animation lately

Budzy
07-03-2008, 12:44 AM
Hammherhead- (too late now i know but) i thought they could have war footage, and a kid with a gun searching through a long hall way of just doors, and then he walks in to a room with offspring jamming, then walks out and walks into another room full of students hiding behind desks / computers and the like.

Nothingtown- I liked the idea someone said that offspring are jamming while the town collapses. would be a great video.

Your gonna go far kid- a young, pretty boy journalist who rises his way to fame by digging up dirt on everyone. and right at the end they could have offspring jamming while everyone who was affected by this kid rall against him.

Alot like me- a bed ridden person looks at the window wishing he was strong enuff to get up. the camera zooms through the window showing offspring playing on top of a roof somewhere, and then zooms through a crowded street of ppl do various dishonest things, then right at the end, the bed ridden fella gets up off his ass, opens the doors to a balcony, steps out into the sun, smiles, then throws him self off the balcony. the end.

The_Special_Delivery
07-03-2008, 07:27 AM
For You're Gonna Go Far, Kid
At first we could see The Offspring in black three pieces being kind of mafiosos using some guy for doing all kind of dirty jobs and at the end (during the bridge) it'll be in a theatre during a play,the offspring burst shooting through the room and play the last chorus on the scene.

rise_and_fall
07-03-2008, 07:46 AM
Rise and Fall, The offspring start off as a band on a small stage in a club who enjoy themselves and as it progresses through the video they get more and more famous and play at larger and larger events with the look on their faces showing anxiety at whats happening. About half way through the video the offspring take the green day look eye shadow etc. The video keeps running until close to the end things go out of control, crowd invades stage carrying them off until the song ends when you see offspring going back to what they were like in the beggining of the video however no one is watching them.

offspring_freak_3
07-03-2008, 07:55 AM
Will do!

Song: Nothingtown

The video will feature the band playing in a garage and at the same time attempting to escape from a small town that attempts to stop people from leaving. The band will try different forms of escape from their un-walled prison and have their faces pressed against the hood of a police car numerous times. They will finally escape in the bed of a pickup that jumps the police barricade and they will finish playing the song in the bed of the pickup as they cross a bridge and head into the sunset.

i really really enjoyed your idea

ZbadhabitZ
07-04-2008, 09:00 AM
There's no question in my mind that "Stuff Is Messed Up" needs to be a single. I think if the guys were to release an edited version of the track (and by edited, have the hook actually be "but I know this...stuff is messed up!" as opposed to "but I know this...(bleep) is (bleep) up!"), it would really drive a lot more attention to the album as the whole. I think "You're Gonna Go Far Kid" makes an awesome second single, because it's hard, fun, Offspring, but as much as "Stuff Is Messed Up" isn't as pop as a "Pretty Fly," it has that satirical vibe that I think a lot of radio play strives for, and would really bring in some more attention to Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace as a whole. Plus, (at least for me), us punk kids are so freaking tired of hearing about celebrity news and the typical bullshit and views (ha! get it?!), that a song that sort of mocks the way the media is run right now is totally brilliant, and deserves to be shared with the world through radio-play.

As for a video to that song, I thought it would be awesome to use two different concepts; one being you constantly have this repetitive theme of news footage being shown about a shooting, a war, or some sort of violence, and before it even gets in to the nitty gritty of the story, the news cuts to a "breaking news" and its a shot of some sort of celebrity story. You could even re-do an OJ chase, or use a white Mercedes running over a paparazzi's foot (ala Britney Spears) would be great.

At the same time, you also have real-world shots of daily events, i.e. kids playing at a park, and all of a sudden there's this rush of paparazzi that trample the kids (not literally) to get a shot of some celebrity pushing their kid on the swing. And then in a "There's Something About Mary" sort of way, you have The Offspring playing the song over to the side and the focus turns to them, taking you out of the narrative of the video.

As a side note, every time I see Noodles wearing that "Listen to Britney Spears" shirt, I keep thinking how hilarious it would be to do a video like this, and then when you get to showing the Britney Spears-esque celebrity, it's actually Noodles dressed up as Britney. That just cracks me up.

Ryder1234
07-04-2008, 09:19 AM
Takes Me Nowhere:

Some kid is addicted to this BBS. He doesn't do anything else, and has no life. He knows he has to stop, but he just can't. At some point, he just decides to stop coming here (At this point in the lyrics: But today, if I changed, and stopped digging my own grave. I will try to set things right, 'cause this waaayyy! Takes Me Nowhere) He goes outside and picks up a football or something. Then the song ends as he finds another kid to play football with.

*This isn't serious! :D

Little_Miss_1565
07-04-2008, 09:32 AM
*This isn't serious! :D

I LOL'd. And I think I'm going to go ride my bike or something.

Ryder1234
07-04-2008, 09:38 AM
its still to early here to do anything. and im on here. i feel like that kid :D

jacknife737
07-07-2008, 03:04 PM
Wow, I took a while to get around to posting into this thread.

Anyways,

Nothingtown the band is playing on a front lawn/garage, whilst a city irrupts into a full blown riot.

Half-Truism A protagonist walks through a bombed out city, possibly something almost post-apocalyptic, every so often he/she takes time to stare at something destroyed, which then flashes back to the same thing (ie a store, bike, car, w/e) during a happier/better time.

Kid a kind of bio-epic of a total corporate/political sleazeball. The video follows the person from when they were a little kid who steals and lies, to a teenager, to a young adult, finally to old age.

Conspiracyof1000
07-07-2008, 03:13 PM
My Half-Truism idea:

It's the band's story through a battleground. It starts off in some sort of courthouse or meeting room, with a podium at the front and rows of spectators in suits and ties. Dexter (dressed up professionally) steps up to the podium and begins the song. Two flags from conflicting countries unfurl on either side of the podium to represent envy/spite. The rest of the band comes out from behind and they leave the courthouse, the spectators not far behind. As they walk down a dusty, cracked street bombs fly overhead and explosions are everywhere. A red, tattered banner is being held by one of the people in the actual battle. The sun is brightly burning. They continue their march, all the while the surrounding town is either turning to ashes or people are caught up in conflict. The sun slowly begins to deplete. At the end of the song a lick of flame reaches the rope tethering the red banner and it floats up on an updraft, fully blocking the sun. The song is soon over.

IamSam
07-07-2008, 03:20 PM
My Half-Truism idea:

It's the band's story through a battleground. It starts off in some sort of courthouse or meeting room, with a podium at the front and rows of spectators in suits and ties. Dexter (dressed up professionally) steps up to the podium and begins the song. Two flags from conflicting countries unfurl on either side of the podium to represent envy/spite. The rest of the band comes out from behind and they leave the courthouse, the spectators not far behind. As they walk down a dusty, cracked street bombs fly overhead and explosions are everywhere. A red, tattered banner is being held by one of the people in the actual battle. The sun is brightly burning. They continue their march, all the while the surrounding town is either turning to ashes or people are caught up in conflict. The sun slowly begins to deplete. At the end of the song a lick of flame reaches the rope tethering the red banner and it floats up on an updraft, fully blocking the sun. The song is soon over.

Hee hee...I'll add onto your idea:

Have the flags be red and blue and incorporate more animation...but in the machima Red vs. Blue Halo type. It could be slightly comical.

drex878
07-07-2008, 03:21 PM
Wow, I took a while to get around to posting into this thread.

Anyways,

Nothingtown the band is playing on a front lawn/garage, whilst a city irrupts into a full blown riot.

Half-Truism A protagonist walks through a bombed out city, possibly something almost post-apocalyptic, every so often he/she takes time to stare at something destroyed, which then flashes back to the same thing (ie a store, bike, car, w/e) during a happier/better time.

Kid a kind of bio-epic of a total corporate/political sleazeball. The video follows the person from when they were a little kid who steals and lies, to a teenager, to a young adult, finally to old age.

I like your ideas.

Conspiracyof1000
07-07-2008, 03:29 PM
Hee hee...I'll add onto your idea:

Have the flags be red and blue and incorporate more animation...but in the machima Red vs. Blue Halo type. It could be slightly comical.

So the band is walking down the street and Master Chief is off to the side, fighting to capture the flag, and some Elites are fighting to stop him.
Could work. :)

IamSam
07-07-2008, 04:02 PM
So the band is walking down the street and Master Chief is off to the side, fighting to capture the flag, and some Elites are fighting to stop him.
Could work. :)

Or Sarge, Donut, Simmons, Grif, etc...

Conspiracyof1000
07-07-2008, 04:04 PM
Or Sarge, Donut, Simmons, Grif, etc...

I have, sadly, yet to watch an episode of Red Vs. Blue....

Stylie
07-11-2008, 07:17 AM
One thing is for sure, The Offspring themselves MUST bee in the upcoming music videos.

Splinter[PI]
07-11-2008, 07:48 AM
One thing is for sure, The Offspring themselves MUST bee in the upcoming music videos.

Quoted for truth.

DUKENT
07-22-2008, 11:03 AM

indeed!!!!

Rutegard
07-22-2008, 11:21 AM

i'm with you

i miss them!

IamSam
08-04-2008, 12:43 PM
Idea for You're Gonna Go Far Kid:

Setting: The band will be playing in a room with TV screens all around them. Large ones...say...62 inchers. The band will be focused on mainly during the pre-choruses. They will get some face time during the versus and chorus of course, but not a whole lot.

The video will show a sharp dressed man lying about various things that everyone knows about. He will be lying and the crowd will be buying it. He uses a television by him showing the lies he is propagating. (The band's TV's surrounding them will be showing the truths to the issues brought up). In secret, he's a robot being run by powerful men with bad motives. You will see these men getting paid behind the stage by the people they are lying about/for. He'll finally have problems during the pre-chorus where the guitars cut out. He will start smoking and a small explosion will happen on his chest. The crowd will investigate and find out he is a robot being run by others. At the outset of the loud final chorus they then rush the back of the stage, angry, and attack the people who had been controlling him.

T.O.2014
08-04-2008, 07:07 PM
Half-Turism- At the very begging just afull veiw of the band. Then as you start to hear the drums and more gutair kick in a bunch of neon,and bright flickering lights. And just abunch of lights at first while the song starts. Then when the lyrics "well it a hell of a good day to die!" are about to come up they (meaning the band) should be laying in coffins in burial holes with their instruments and it should be really sunny and you know happy things outside meaning "it's a hell of a good day to die." And then they should be walking down the streets of a city seeing everything thats in the lyrics. ( i'm really sure what all of them mean.) but they see what ever they think that the lyrics mean. And then when the lyrics "watch the city burn" come the city should be on fire and while it's on fire they should be walking through it still and seeing everything that the lyrics mean again but, just through fire.

IDK. i don't think it's that good. i'm only 12 but theres my idea. thanks for reading it...that is if you do.

lost_nvrfound
08-04-2008, 09:45 PM
Song: A Lot Like Me

Song opens in the desert at sunset. The band is on stage performing in the middle of nowhere as the music builds. As Dexter starts to sing, another man's life is displayed: big corporate guy, nice car, nice house, picture perfect family but its all a lie. At the chorus we start to see family problems. Parents fighting while kids listen in the other room and such. All the while going back to the band alone in the desert in between scenes. The video continues as the guys life falls apart. The video starts to end, the guy is left alone with no house no family and no job. He looks into the mirror which shows the band in the desert and the very last thing you see is rain pouring down on the band as they play the outro.

KHWHD
08-04-2008, 09:50 PM

I also agree. Was very disappointed with Hammerhead.