PDA

View Full Version : Dexter Are You Listening!

mikomiko
07-03-2008, 05:40 PM
:mad:

NOW HOPEFULLY SOME TYPE OF BAND REP WILL READ THIS::::::::::::::(

FIRST OF PLEASE GET RID OF BOB ROCK HE IS LIKE THE PLAGUE AND YOU ARE ALL INFECTED WITH HIS SHIT. IT SOUNDS LIKE HE PRODUCED SONGS 6-12 WITH EXCEPTION OF "SHIT Is FUCKED UP" HOLY SHIT, DEXTER ANYONE PLEASE, YOU'VE GOT ENOUGH MONEY AND FAME, DO IT FOR YOUR CORE FANS, YOU DONT NEED ANOTHER SMASH, BUT JUST BE OFFSPRING! BE PISSED! POLITICAL! TALK ABOUT MOTA WHATEVER! THIS ALBUM IS GOOD overall, but I feel like im forcing myself to listen to half of it just because Im such a big fan. OVERALL IM DISAPOINTED, AND I READ A COMMENT QUOTED SOMEWHERE BY DEXTER AND IT SAID SOMETHING LIKE YOU WANT TO BE SUCCESSFULL AND REACH A LARGER AUDIENCE(RELATING TO THE NEW ALBUM
). DISAPOINTING, VERY. I HATE TO SAY THIS, BUT I THINK MY OFFSPRING DAYS ARE OVER, THE SUBSTANCE IS GONE.....

FOR YOUR NEXT ALBUM, WIN US BACK, ROCK OUT, PLEASE KIND OF LIKE IN "HAMMERHEAD" AND "SHIT IS MESSED UP" YOU WERE ALMOST THERE, ALMOST.

ALL THESE YEARS AND IM FINALLY VERY DISAPOINTED, ENOUGH TO HAVE GROWN PAST OFFSPRING.....

NOW THE REVIEW FOLLOWS

I'm 26 years old. I have been a loyal almost religious fan for years since smash first hit the radio waves. I waited a long time for this album like everyone. After hearing "HAMMERHEAD" on the radio, I was psyched. They're back and slammin the guitar and pissed off!Finally! Well, not really. The first half of the album (including "takes me nowhere) I gotta say is classic offspring with a more modern tone. "Half truism" is great up beat, classic offspring with a tint of radio friendliness ,which is fine. "Trust in you" rocks, it is offspring, plain and simple. People are complaing it sounds like "long way home" or something out of SMASH, IS IT NOT WHAT YOU ALL WANT?! "You're gonna go far kid" upbeat song, radio friendly but definite offspring sound and actually really catchy. "Hammerhead" just rocks, just love it when Dexter yells at the top of his lungs with some good chords in the background. Sounds like Nirvana "stay away", Um not really, stop whinning people. Besides, they are from the alternative era (both bands) so yes some "power chords" are shared in different sequences, big fucking deal. At first I thought I had a cold play virus on my comp when "A lot like me" came on, but once they get going that offspring sound comes out, good song, should be a radio hit probally. "kristy are you doing ok?" is a good song if you are 7 yrs old, bleh yes it sounds good, but it makes me nauseated, not typical offspring and totally boring song. :confused: "Nothing town" nothing going on there for me or old school offspring fan, not even funny or amusing, which I would be fine with when the get all cute and poppy like "why dont you get a job" or "pretty fly" at least it told a funny or humuliating story, but these are just blehhhh. And with "lets hear it for rock bottom" I'm still trying to decide if I like that one or Im gonna skip it everytime. I don't even know what to say about "rise and fall". This one, I have to admit, is a mirror of green days "american idiot" and I dont know how they could not have seen that and still put it on the freakin album. FUCK YOU BOB ROCK YOU SUCK. Fag. The best song with my preferred title "Shit is fucked up". I love it. Reminds me of "bad habit" Messy, reckless, and not giving a fuck. I miss that, wtf has happened. Maybe I'm an old fart now, can't listen to poppy shit. Oh yea "fix you" makes me want to kill myself, so my g/f can fix me after.

Thomas
07-03-2008, 05:43 PM
Soooooo....music isn't good unless it's exactly like stuff they have written before?

mikomiko
07-03-2008, 05:50 PM
na, it's not good for me personally, actually I had said musically the songs are good, just way offline for my taste, way off. Im glad someone appreciates out there, but im a punker, and most of those are too happy or depressed and slow, even if they sound good, kinda bores me. Imagine lets say metallica play kristy are you doing ok? whoa, yea. thats how i feel.

cool 2 hate 681
07-03-2008, 05:58 PM
http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10070/wambulance.gif

mrkhsl
07-03-2008, 06:00 PM
yes there are some songs that are just ok. christy, nothingtown, and fix you are just ok. i love trust in you, takes me nowhere,and rock bottom. this c/d is possibly going to be my favorite c/d by the offspring. these songs hit home. thats is what has always been so great about the offspring. they tell life how it is. i think they should have picked a diff song to announce c/d but maybe they know what they are doing and i dont. i just want to say thank you offspring for not making another splinter c/d. this is the offspring i fell in love with and let the critics say what they want this c/d rocks. please tour the usa.

SuperKnux
07-03-2008, 06:04 PM
Cool.

Actually, I think it's pretty cool that it bores you and that at 26 years old you can still get pissy enough to start an amazing and insightful review.

Good job, dude! I know Dexter will listen to you for sures!! :D

jacknife737
07-03-2008, 06:07 PM
Im glad someone appreciates out there, but im a punker, and most of those are too happy or depressed and slow

Uh, well curiosity is killing my cat, which songs to you find to be "happy", since RAFRAG seems to me, one of their darkest (lyrically) albums to date.

Edit: ANd to the thread starter, welcome to the bbs although i don't really share your views regarding the new album.

mikomiko
07-03-2008, 06:18 PM
People take it too perosonal. Im just as big of fan as anyone. Just saying what I liked and didnt like, I knew I'd get most people all pissed off and whatever. Yea I'm 26, and? I was 12 when I first heard them. Yes I wrote this review beacuse its raining like hell and im bored as hell.

Um, nothingtown, rise and fall, rock bottom are the ones i consider happy/poppy style. No big deal, just a comment. On the other hand I think "a lot like me" the darker side, is great, as well as about half the album, so whats the big deal. haha be cool enough to take in others opionion little ones without having a tantrum. later ( the one who wrote this reply is ok though..)

mikomiko
07-03-2008, 06:22 PM
oh yea, i think its funny how cool 2 hate has lyrics from old as hell albums (cool 2 hate, there's no tomorrow) and is not agreeing with me lol

mikomiko
07-03-2008, 06:23 PM

i like the ambulance though

mikomiko
07-03-2008, 06:27 PM
Cool.

Actually, I think it's pretty cool that it bores you and that at 26 years old you can still get pissy enough to start an amazing and insightful review.

Good job, dude! I know Dexter will listen to you for sures!! :D

Yea pretty cool that it got your attention and you probally sat there and read it in its entirety! DUDE! Instead of just putting your input on the album and just ageeing or disagreeing , you took it upon yourself to take up your few brain cells available to be a smart ass!

GOOD JOB, DUDE!

Ryder1234
07-03-2008, 06:43 PM
GTFO No0b!!!

Budzy
07-03-2008, 06:57 PM
ah well least it wasnt a "Offspring alum sucks, full stop." review.
It is a bit of a different sound to their usual albums, but i like it. And i dont think any of the songs are 'happy'...the music might sound it but its sorta sarcastic/ironic in a way, because the lyrics are pretty powerful. i agree on fix you i got no idea where they pulled that out of, but its growing on me, and i like it more than kristy now.

Thomas
07-03-2008, 07:17 PM
My suggestion would be that if you don't like the way one of these songs sounds, REALLY pay attention to the lyrics. Some of those lines in Fix You are incredibly powerful.

Cock Joke
07-03-2008, 08:14 PM
When shall the whining cease?

cool 2 hate 681
07-03-2008, 08:58 PM
oh yea, i think its funny how cool 2 hate has lyrics from old as hell albums (cool 2 hate, there's no tomorrow) and is not agreeing with me lol

maybe that is because i like the new album :rolleyes:

Ryder1234
07-03-2008, 09:02 PM
maybe that is because i like the new album :rolleyes:

yeah what the hell just because he likes the old stuff doesn't mean he cant like the new stuff.

Little_Miss_1565
07-03-2008, 09:23 PM
For an old fan, you sure are disrespectful of a band you purport to have liked.

Seriously, you're going to call Bob Rock out on his production? As though Brendan O'Brien's style wasn't more slick? On this forum you get what you give, and you don't get serious replies by posting something so negative and non-constructive.

yellow
07-03-2008, 09:56 PM
ok this chick has a right to her opinion and to share it. But seriously; who the fuck is this chick? What was she expecting? she contradicts herself saying she doesnt want another smash album; but when the offspring try doing something different, she shits all over it.
Bob Rock did an amazing job on his album. and remember from dex's journal; the band work really hard on this album and felt it is some of their best stuff. I agree with dex.
I think this chick is just trying to get dex' s attention otherwise she would have posted her opinions in the threads that critiqued the album

jacknife737
07-03-2008, 10:45 PM
Seriously, you're going to call Bob Rock out on his production? As though Brendan O'Brien's style wasn't more slick?

This is one of the things that really get to me about some of the criticisms of RAFRAG. A lot of people seem to be acting like their last record was Ignition, the production on RAFRAG isnít really that different from the bandís four previous major label efforts. Like you said, the stuff they did with Obrien had very slick production, so did the stuff they did with Jerden.

The_Bass
07-03-2008, 10:58 PM
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z261/pakuorg/fail.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/59/Padlock.svghttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/59/Padlock.svg

The Search Button
07-04-2008, 12:42 AM
This is something I can't really understand:

How can you say that you like 7 or 8 songs out of an album of 12 and still say that this album is "disapointing"?

How?how?how?how?how?how?how?how?how?how?how?how?ho w?how?

Steph
07-04-2008, 01:18 AM
GET RID OF BOB ROCK HE IS LIKE THE PLAGUE

Yeah, I was wondering what the album would be like if the worked without him.
Why did they actually do it? They don't need ANYONE because they are THE OFFSPRING! Come on...

Hypodermic_89
07-04-2008, 01:32 AM
God dammit not again

NOT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MIKOMIKO YOU SON OF A BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I realize that you have the freedom of expression, but in this case, all I can say is fuck you.

ad8
07-04-2008, 02:49 AM
i like the ambulance though
It's not an ambulance. It's a Wambulance

When shall the whining cease?
Probably by the time the Offspring don't do music any more:(

Seriously, you're going to call Bob Rock out on his production? As though Brendan O'Brien's style wasn't more slick? On this forum you get what you give, and you don't get serious replies by posting something so negative and non-constructive.

Yeah. We want back Thom Wilsom. He's the only tru-punx producer 4 lyfe man!!1

ThunderPX
07-04-2008, 04:31 AM
I fucking hate Thom Wilson's production. There, I said it.

The_Bass
07-04-2008, 04:40 AM
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z261/pakuorg/fail.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/59/Padlock.svghttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/59/Padlock.svg

YOU FAILED, I LOL'D!

Rutegard
07-04-2008, 11:36 AM

LOOOOOOOOOOOL

exactly!! you are reading my mind today!!

Rutegard
07-04-2008, 11:38 AM
God dammit not again

NOT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MIKOMIKO YOU SON OF A BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I realize that you have the freedom of expression, but in this case, all I can say is fuck you.

i also quote this!!!eheheh

RageAndLov
07-04-2008, 04:01 PM
mikomiko, in case you haven't noticed, offspring hasn't played punk since '95-'96! there's no chance in hell that they will go back to their s/t/ignition/smash music! bands evolves, and so does their music.

i myself listen to punk, like real punk, no blink-182, good charlotte or simple plan, and the offspring isn't very punk anymore, but the music offspring plays now is fucking great! i love it, even though it isn't punk, though i miss the ignition time now and then, but i accept that they are through with this era, and so should you and everybody who wants an ignition pt.2 or smash pt.2

Rooster
07-04-2008, 05:20 PM
FUCK YOU BOB ROCK YOU SUCK. Fag.

Damn you homophobe

You know, there's already a thread for reviews, you didn't need to make another thread just for complain about the album and calling Bob Rock a fag. First read what the band said about the album, read what dexter said:

"Who decides what is and what isn't punk? I want to write songs that people hear and feel and I want to be successful and reach a big audience," he says. "I'm not trying to be the coolest guy in the world, I'm trying to write songs that mean something to people. As you get successful, sometimes you lose one set of fans and gain another."

In that interview he also stated that they don't want to play music for the money (they want to be succesfull and have a lot of fans, as you can see from the upper statement, but they don't care about money that comes with it anymore) but for themselves and that the band decides what kind of songs they write and record. Get your facts straight before writing your comments. You might say that Dexter might have lied, but if we cant trust the band we like, are we really fans?

So i'm sorry to inform you, but
http://www.offspring.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=105&pictureid=537
by everyone here.

mikomiko
07-04-2008, 05:28 PM

If you can't handle crisitism or opinions then whats the point of this forum? Disrespectful? HOW EXAGGERATED. What goos is this thing if you state your opinion you get shit for it....AMERICA buddy, what are you a fuckin commi? And what productive criticsm did you provide in your response critisizing my opinion....use your brain

mikomiko
07-04-2008, 05:33 PM
Damn you homophobe

You know, there's already a thread for reviews, you didn't need to make another thread just for complain about the album and calling Bob Rock a fag. First read what the band said about the album, read what dexter said:

"Who decides what is and what isn't punk? I want to write songs that people hear and feel and I want to be successful and reach a big audience," he says. "I'm not trying to be the coolest guy in the world, I'm trying to write songs that mean something to people. As you get successful, sometimes you lose one set of fans and gain another."

In that interview he also stated that they don't want to play music for the money (they want to be succesfull and have a lot of fans, as you can see from the upper statement, but they don't care about money that comes with it anymore) but for themselves and that the band decides what kind of songs they write and record. Get your facts straight before writing your comments. You might say that Dexter might have lied, but if we cant trust the band we like, are we the really fans?

So i'm sorry to inform you, but
http://www.offspring.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=105&pictureid=537
by everyone here.

Another person who can't handle an opinion....If someone is a real fan you can say a real opinion about their stuff, especially if i paid for the CD (as i have for all of them, never stole em off the internet) Yea Bob rock does suck, I think offspring is best produced only by offspring. JESUS FUCK PEOPLE I JUST STATED AN OPINION FUCKING CRUCIFY ME

RageAndLov
i think people should be able to write bad criticism about the band, as long as it is constructive

mikomiko
Yeah, I was wondering what the album would be like if the worked without him.
Why did they actually do it? They don't need ANYONE because they are THE OFFSPRING! Come on...

THANK YOU FINALLY YOU SEE WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!

mikomiko
07-04-2008, 05:35 PM
This is something I can't really understand:

How can you say that you like 7 or 8 songs out of an album of 12 and still say that this album is "disapointing"?

How?how?how?how?how?how?how?how?how?how?how?how?ho w?how?

BECAUSE OFF ALL THE PAST ALBUMS IVE ALWAYS LOVED ALL OF THEM 100% JUST SOME DID NOT FEEL LIKE OFFSPRING AT ALL EVEN IF THEY WERE MUSICALLY GOOD, DIDNT DO IT FOR ME.

mikomiko
07-04-2008, 05:39 PM
mikomiko, in case you haven't noticed, offspring hasn't played punk since '95-'96! there's no chance in hell that they will go back to their s/t/ignition/smash music! bands evolves, and so does their music.

i myself listen to punk, like real punk, no blink-182, good charlotte or simple plan, and the offspring isn't very punk anymore, but the music offspring plays now is fucking great! i love it, even though it isn't punk, though i miss the ignition time now and then, but i accept that they are through with this era, and so should you and everybody who wants an ignition pt.2 or smash pt.2

I HEAR YA. WHAT ELSE YOU LISTEN TO?

shanna_guarana
07-04-2008, 05:46 PM
mikomiko....you must know that the boards are full of I-have-no-opinion-freaks....they won't let you speak the single word against offs....you'll get deleted...

Ryder1234
07-04-2008, 05:56 PM
what The Fuck Is With The Caps???

Tijs
07-04-2008, 05:57 PM
Ok this thread is closed now.

mikomiko, if you seriously want to review the album, post something constructive about it in the review thread (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32923). And keep it down on the caps, no one wants to read that.

I bet you'll find people who agree with you there. There are plenty of people who don't like the album. But you have to consider you're on a fan-forum here, where 90% of the people like, no wait, LOVE the new album.

In the mean time, fancy a Cuban cigar?