View Full Version : To noodles

SK8rocka
07-03-2008, 08:20 PM
Why the hell dont you do solos anymore :confused:
Like self titled/ignition solos
guitarsts are supposted to get better
but it seems it getting worse.
I miss the old school punk rock solos.
Not these powerchords (Even thought there awesome)
Noodles i know your alot better than this new album shows
i mean ya havnt done a decent solo since americana lol
so please noodles (And the offspring) Play awesome self titled solos.

And congrats on the great new album.:)

PunksKillEmos
07-03-2008, 08:45 PM
Ha, dude, get your facts straight. I think that most everyone can agree that I Choose had the best solo. Plus this album has had many more solos than other albums ( even thought they are short). Trust in you, YGGFK, takes me nowhere?, Nothingtown, rise and fall, and OC life. I speak for myself.

Cock Joke
07-03-2008, 08:49 PM
Are you kidding me!? RAFRAG had tons of kickass solos!

Hombre
07-03-2008, 09:14 PM
Ha, dude, get your facts straight. I think that most everyone can agree that I Choose had the best solo. Plus this album has had many more solos than other albums ( even thought they are short). Trust in you, YGGFK, takes me nowhere?, Nothingtown, rise and fall, and OC life. I speak for myself.
I don't think,that solo from I Choose is best solo.I agree with SK8rocka.Self titled album have a lot of amazing solos.There are many solos in RAFRAG,but it's not good as Noodles done before.

Cock Joke
07-03-2008, 09:17 PM
I would just like to point out that the solo in "Revelations" is better than the one in "Out on Patrol" which, as you know, is the finalized version.

Little_Miss_1565
07-03-2008, 09:38 PM

I was about to say the same thing.

drex878
07-03-2008, 09:50 PM
Trust In You. Enough said.

KrispyNotKrunchy
07-03-2008, 10:00 PM
I Choose probably does have one of the best "post-Ignition" solos IMO. I have been an Offspring fan since Americana, and I must admit that I only tolerated S/T, Ignition, and Smash. But since the Remastered versions came out, I totally fell in love with Ignition AND Smash and I totally cannot get enough of them. I never realized how incredible they were. Many of you may say there's no difference between the originals and remastereds, but the difference did give me 2 new favorite albums.

Anyway, what I'm really rambling about, is I wish they would remaster the S/T because I know the solos are kick ass, but I still don't enjoy listening to the songs in general. I know it has been "Re-released" from 1989 to 2001, but unless I'm mistaken, it was never actually "Remastered"... that would make a complete difference.

That's how I feel.

Oh, and RAFRAG rocks, couldn't have expected more.

nightvision
07-04-2008, 01:38 AM
I was about to say the same thing.

Me too. That's one of the many, many things that I really love about this album.

Hypodermic_89
07-04-2008, 01:39 AM
Solos are good.

Ok seriously. RAFRAG has like more solos than Splinter and Co1 put together.. Right?

Hombre
07-04-2008, 02:15 AM
I would just like to point out that the solo in "Revelations" is better than the one in "Out on Patrol" which, as you know, is the finalized version.
Yes,Revelations have great solo and i can't understand why they delete this solo from album version.
I think the best post-Ignition solo is TKAA's solo.

RazielSR
07-04-2008, 02:41 AM
RAFRAG is plenty of great solos!! so , I don't understand the question.

ad8
07-04-2008, 02:43 AM

Yes. I never understood why they didn't take the Revelations solo into Out On Patrol. It would be awesome if they did a re-recording of Revelations.

ThunderPX
07-04-2008, 04:33 AM
Yes. I never understood why they didn't take the Revelations solo into Out On Patrol. It would be awesome if they did a re-recording of Revelations.

IIRC, it was Thom Wilson being trupunx and telling them to get rid of it.

T_immortal
07-04-2008, 08:43 AM
When I listened to rise and fall rage and grace I thought "finally a decent number of solos", splinter had like no solos (except the noose and da hui, which were really short). Co1 had a few as well. No one mentioned the solo in "Feelings" I love that one

Rutegard
07-04-2008, 11:25 AM

exactly!!

i don't what he is saying...

Blastero
07-04-2008, 11:33 AM
Rise and Fall only had a few solos, that I can remember. Gonna Go Far Kid has an octave chord solo. I'd kinda like to see some of the more complex solos of the old days reappear though. None of their post-Ignition solos even come close to the complexity of most of the S/T and Ignition solos.

SK8rocka
07-04-2008, 07:49 PM
I can admit that rafrag has good solos...:)...But not technical solos
(Best solos from all albums)

S/T - Jenifer lost the war
Ignition - Forever and a day
Smash - What happend to you
Ixnay on the hombre - I choose
Americana - Tkaa/Feelings
Conspiracy of one - Vultures
Splinter - The noose
Rafrag - Trust in you/Your gonna go so far, kid
Other - Revelations solo/ O.C life/ Sin city cover
(Probaly the best solo by Noodles)

bighead384
07-04-2008, 08:02 PM
There's a part of me that really wants to hear them do more solos like the ones from earlier albums, but you gotta understand that they can't force things like that into the songs if they don't fit. And by the way, Smash only had one solo(What Happened to You), if I'm not mistaken.

Ryder1234
07-04-2008, 08:20 PM
Smash only had one solo(What Happened to You), if I'm not mistaken.

yeah, and even that one was by Dexter. (at least live)

brian.offspring
07-04-2008, 08:24 PM
noodles is awesome in this cd . . .
thats what i think . .

Ninty Man
07-04-2008, 08:39 PM
noodles is awesome in this cd . . .
thats what i think . .

MMM... I think so too.

I mean... Noodles all we know is a better guitarist that Offspring music demands... But, and here's my statement, he seems to be happy of what he does, and maybe he follows that punk rock thinking of late 70's: HEY, I COULD DO THAT.

The most difficult solo is Ixnay on the hombre and maybe, I think, Million Miles Away. In ignition is what... three solos??? And I'm putting as solos dirty magic and LAPD stuff... cause forever and a day has a solo in all magnitude.

Self Titled, indeed had great solos, like Kill the president, but they will never play that stuff again (except Beheaded) and Smash has one solo... such as Ixnay on the hombre. Why this overreaction with solos?

SK8rocka
07-04-2008, 09:32 PM
Look im not saying rafrag is a bad album.....Infact its probaly there best album (apart from ixnay) :) but i just wanna know how good noodles realy is.
I mean listen to the solos on S/T....that was like 10 years ago(I think).
Noodles should be able to do hendrix shit by now(lol) :)
I hope im not bitching because the offspring are fucking AWESOME!
And even thought i Love there new stuff i think They should do 1 song with a KICKASS S/T SOLO!!!:)

KrispyNotKrunchy
07-04-2008, 09:42 PM
Actually, it was like 19 years ago. I do think the question is not whether the recent solos are any good... Well I think they are anyway. You have to admit tho that S/T solos are like WAY better. It would be cool to hear one of a similar magnitude with the same amazing sound quality of RAFRAG.

Ninty Man
07-04-2008, 10:03 PM
Look im not saying rafrag is a bad album.....Infact its probaly there best album (apart from ixnay) :) but i just wanna know how good noodles realy is.
I mean listen to the solos on S/T....that was like 10 years ago(I think).
Noodles should be able to do hendrix shit by now(lol) :)
I hope im not bitching because the offspring are fucking AWESOME!
And even thought i Love there new stuff i think They should do 1 song with a KICKASS S/T SOLO!!!:)

MMM... I don't know. I mean... those solos sounds huge, for an standard of the band. But are you saying me that this RAFRAG solos are not superior that the ones in ST??? Can you check that¿?

Jaded skies
07-04-2008, 10:06 PM

I would just like to point out that "Revelations" is a lot better than "out on patrol" which, as you know, is the finalized version.

GunForHire
07-05-2008, 10:27 AM
I'd just like to point out that Sin City has one of the most awesome Noodles solos ever.

Stylie
07-05-2008, 01:09 PM
I was surprised that RAFRAG had so many solos. And I think they're great.
But yeah, I think Noodles can do "better", as someone says here. But still, it's many good solos at RAFRAG, so don't complain. : )

Rutegard
07-05-2008, 01:17 PM
yeah and next abum will be better!!

Unnatural Disaster
07-05-2008, 09:37 PM
Best solos:

I Choose, Feelings, TKAA, I'll Be Waiting, and Rise and Fall.

BigFish
07-05-2008, 10:40 PM
I'm just gonna put this out there. I find it kind of offensive for you to say Noodles is getting worse just because he doesn't solo like back on the self-titled albums.

Listen to me, and listen well, please....SOLOING DOESN'T MAKE YOU GOOD.

It's nice to have some solos, but that does not make you a bad guitarist if you don't. Some people are just better at other things. There are some good solos on the new album, and I'm more than please by it. But please, please, please don't ever say someone isn't good at guitar because they can't/don't solo.

Smash punker
07-07-2008, 06:27 AM
Man, another damn fucker complaining! :mad: I bought a mag called Rock and Pop(usually don´t buy that crap) :D But there´s a huge interview with Noodles, where he speaks mainly about the new album, but also talks about his 35 guitares and says that he still loves playing and that it´s one his most favourite things to do! And also admits that he´ll never be Eddie van Halen, but he´s pretty good in what he does! There´s also an info that Noodles could play quitare before The Offspring or Manic Subsidal were started! :D

SK8rocka
07-07-2008, 07:13 PM
I know
I just watched this interview and now i understand
You dont have to be a guitar god to express yourself
Sorry everyone and sorry noodles:(
Your awesome

P.S - Rise and fall is fucking awesome
Why do ppls hate it for anyway.
ITS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek:

Bipolar Bear
07-07-2008, 07:18 PM
Yeah exactly, it's not because you don't do solos that you can't do them. The whole point of music isn't to impress people with your skill, it's to make something that sounds good together and that has some meaning to the listener. If you want a bunch of solos, you can listen to some new metal bands, which compete to make the largest number of complicated but unrelated solos possible in 3 minutes and call it a song. Basically, noodles has nothing to prove to anyone, and if he doesn't do solos it's not by lack of talent, it's by choice.

Little_Miss_1565
07-07-2008, 08:34 PM
^ What he said.

Stylie
07-10-2008, 05:11 PM
Yup, Noodles rock, and so do RAFRAG. The end.