PDA

View Full Version : What song do you want to be a music video of?

Stylie
07-05-2008, 06:18 PM
What song do you most want to be a music video of?

Conspiracyof1000
07-05-2008, 07:31 PM
I've got one rollin in my head for Half-Truism.

Cock Joke
07-05-2008, 07:35 PM
Gonna Go Far. But that's an inevitability already.

darea
07-06-2008, 12:08 AM
I'd love a music video of Half truism. Maybe it would also explain more of what the song's about... lol and yeah the song is so awesome that it deserves to get known more with a music video.

I think Nothingtown would be pretty cool too.

ad8
07-06-2008, 02:31 AM
Trust In You. Fast song, fast video ---> not as boring as the hammerhead video...

Hypodermic_89
07-06-2008, 03:05 AM
Stuff is Messed Up.

Controversy ftw.

Stylie
07-06-2008, 05:32 AM
Yeah, music video fro Stuff Is Messed Up would be cool. ^^
But I want MANY music videos.

Alex101
07-07-2008, 01:00 PM
You're Gonna Go Far, Kid! It's got my vote!

dff_punk
07-07-2008, 01:03 PM
I don't want to be a music video for any song, I'm a human.

But a video for "Kid" would be really nice if it had good ideas in it and the band in it.

Blitzkrieg Bop
07-07-2008, 01:11 PM
I voted for Rise And Fall ... would love to see what concept the band would come up with for this song.

Alex101
07-07-2008, 01:16 PM
Wow, nobody's voted for "Fix You" and "Let's Hear It for Rock Bottom", that's surprising. That's alright, I'd rather not vote for one of them anyway. I've already voted for YGGFK.

Rutegard
07-07-2008, 01:47 PM
i'd like to see a video for rock bottom...well...like mota, cool to hate and burn it up type of videos :P

IamSam
07-07-2008, 01:48 PM
I'd like to see one for Nothingtown...just because I came up with a damn good idea.:p

Rutegard
07-07-2008, 02:01 PM
I'd like to see one for Nothingtown...just because I came up with a damn good idea.:p

wanna share?

Capricorn4
07-07-2008, 02:03 PM
My choice is on You're gonna go far kid and Takes me nowhere.

IamSam
07-07-2008, 02:08 PM
wanna share?

http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33538

It's about middle of the page.

Dosix
07-07-2008, 03:57 PM
I voted Half-truism :)

Alex101
07-08-2008, 03:11 PM
Wow. Almost everybody's been voting for "You're Gonna Go Far, Kid".

07-08-2008, 03:54 PM
Alot Like Me would be the best in my opinion. I have a perfect idea for a video. I was just listening to it a few days ago and sitting back and thinking about how a video would go down. I had the idea of the band in a nice proper Suburban neighborhood, the video starting out with Dexter walking down the street singing and looking around at the neighborhood and the rest of the band members joining in from the sidewalks as he continues walking. Then showing families and kids playing and everyone smiling and acting happy, then as the chorus is about to begin rain drops start to fall and everyone looks up, and it suddenly comes down hard and everyone starts fighting and destroying stuff and pretty much just getting pissed off. Kids throwing objects through windows, etc.

The idea of the song basically is people who live perfect lives and have it all and never have to go through any hardships to earn what they have. And that they have alot of anger inside of them underneath it all. It just has alot they can work with, the whole band in the middle of the street playing under the rain as everything turns into total mayhem around them. It's perfect.

Bipolar Bear
07-08-2008, 07:33 PM
Nothingtown, since I had a dream of there being a nothingtown music video. It must be some sort of sign. Also, what else...it's the second song I learned on the guitar after hammerhead. It sounds happy, it's far from being the best song on the album but what the heck.

Stylie
07-20-2008, 11:18 AM
i'd like to see a video for rock bottom...well...like mota, cool to hate and burn it up type of videos :P
So why don't you vote that? :P

Alot Like Me would be the best in my opinion. I have a perfect idea for a video. I was just listening to it a few days ago and sitting back and thinking about how a video would go down. I had the idea of the band in a nice proper Suburban neighborhood, the video starting out with Dexter walking down the street singing and looking around at the neighborhood and the rest of the band members joining in from the sidewalks as he continues walking. Then showing families and kids playing and everyone smiling and acting happy, then as the chorus is about to begin rain drops start to fall and everyone looks up, and it suddenly comes down hard and everyone starts fighting and destroying stuff and pretty much just getting pissed off. Kids throwing objects through windows, etc.

The idea of the song basically is people who live perfect lives and have it all and never have to go through any hardships to earn what they have. And that they have alot of anger inside of them underneath it all. It just has alot they can work with, the whole band in the middle of the street playing under the rain as everything turns into total mayhem around them. It's perfect.

As in WDYGAJ music video?
Well, the idea wasn't too bad. :)

Ah, I want a video now. нн The band must be in it.
Huh, it's surprising that just one has voted for Take Me Nowhere. It's a great song, and it could be a really cool video of it.

Out on Patrol
07-21-2008, 02:41 PM
Even though I like more Trust in You and Half Truism, i think a video of "You're gonna go far kid", would be ok!

danitanev
07-22-2008, 12:34 AM
I think the best for music video is You're Gonna Go Far, Kid second best Stuff Is Messed Up and third A Lot Like Me! That's cause I like Offspring's first single to be a funny song like Pretty Fly from Americana or Original Prankster from Conspiracy Of One. I think that was a good strategy but is now changed with Hammerhead but anyway I think our band - The Offspring knows best! :)

Stylie
07-22-2008, 08:25 AM
I think the best for music video is You're Gonna Go Far, Kid second best Stuff Is Messed Up and third A Lot Like Me! That's cause I like Offspring's first single to be a funny song like Pretty Fly from Americana or Original Prankster from Conspiracy Of One. I think that was a good strategy but is now changed with Hammerhead but anyway I think our band - The Offspring knows best! :)
Yeah, that's for sure. :)

KHWHD
07-22-2008, 08:50 AM
I voted for YGGFK, although I would also love to see a video for Fix You and Half-Trusim.

Stylie
07-22-2008, 09:40 AM
I voted for YGGFK, although I would also love to see a video for Fix You and Half-Trusim.

Rather Half-Truism then Fix You. Probably, I wouldn't see the video over and over again if the song was Fix You - too slow, if you see what I mean.

Out on Patrol
07-22-2008, 11:07 AM
Do you think there will be 4 singles from RAFRAG??

The last album that had 4 was Americana. CO1 3 (although MMA was almost unknown for most of the people), and Splinter 2.

Pepsaj
07-28-2008, 06:37 AM
Does anyone know what about new video?
In my opinion A Lot Like Me would be perfect to make viedo of! Though it's not my favourite song on this album it has very catchy lyrics and speed. I have whole viedo in my head ;)

Free?
07-28-2008, 08:06 AM
I'd like to see a Stuff Is Messed Up video, made in late 90's - early 00's Offspring vids' spirit. The first idea came to me is the band walks through Hollywood (like in WDYGAJ) and see how TV-shows, movies, music television, award shows and other things are fucked up there.

lost_nvrfound
07-28-2008, 10:31 AM
I kind of get why so many people are voting for you're gonna go far kid. Its so damn catchy and my second favorite on the album. But when i listen to it, a video doesnt start creating itself in my mind. Its like, with every other video they've got, the song envokes images in ones mind. i like a lot like me for a candidate for a video. i hear it and i see a video, with a mood like the gone away video but a lot sadder overall and of course the cheesey rainfall towards the end.

And a comment towards a previous comment, they don't come up with the concepts most of the time. They solicite certain directors to send them their concepts and then they pick the one they like the most. it all depends on what ideas they get.

The Search Button
07-28-2008, 11:33 AM
Barack Obama gets my vote for music video.

Stuff is Messed Up for presidentz.

KHWHD
07-28-2008, 04:26 PM
Wow, I'm surprised not 1 person voted for Fix You. It's a beautiful song and I think the video would be really nice. :)

Free?
07-28-2008, 05:58 PM
Yeah, but it would give people another reason to claim Offspring to become ripoff/sellout/pop/emo and whatever term can come in a narrow mind of a blocked person. I know, we wouldn't care much, but still I would rather avoid another fight, and there are plenty great candidates for a video.

KrispyNotKrunchy
07-30-2008, 08:47 PM
I think YGGFK would be cool, but a Lot Like Me has such a powerful sound. I just want to put on some headphones with it blasting, walk outside in the rain with my eyes closed...

I don't know, I think a video would be cool.