PDA

View Full Version : The mens Wimbledon 2008 Final!

Stylie
07-06-2008, 12:04 PM
Omg, do you guys watch the game? And if you don't, and isn't interested in tennis, please don't post stupid comments.

To you that are watching: OMFG! This is the most incredible final, EVER. This is INZZZZANE playing of both players. And Federer which is under that tons of pressure, cames back and lead the whole damn thing. Hah, I'm nervous. INCREDIBLE!

I hope Federer win, that would be amazing. I like Bjørn Borg as the man with 5 wins in Wimbledon, but I actually want Federer to beat him with 6. That man is insane, best tennis player ever.

WHAT A FINALE!

Not Ozymandias
07-06-2008, 12:23 PM
It's unreal. I started watching when Nadal was up 2-0 and I still thought RF would come back. He just isn't done winning yet. And when Nadal choked in the 4th set tie-breaker you could tell that he knew it too.

It's a pity they couldn't move this tournament to a real country (or at least one with a roof) though. Appalling dental-hygiene and high-def don't mix.

It's back on now. Go Federer! Defeat that swarthy Spaniard who would seduce our women with his Latin rythyms!!

The Search Button
07-06-2008, 12:53 PM
History being made.

My favourite player is Safin but i can't stand the spaniard so:

Go Fed!

Stylie
07-06-2008, 01:40 PM
It's unreal. I started watching when Nadal was up 2-0 and I still thought RF would come back. He just isn't done winning yet. And when Nadal choked in the 4th set tie-breaker you could tell that he knew it too.

It's a pity they couldn't move this tournament to a real country (or at least one with a roof) though. Appalling dental-hygiene and high-def don't mix.

It's back on now. Go Federer! Defeat that swarthy Spaniard who would seduce our women with his Latin rythyms!!

Yeah, unreal. What a final! Almost 5 hours playing?

Humm... Yeye, Nadal won. Well, he deserved it, but so did Federer too. I think they're both winners, 'caus this was amazing playing of them both. But I think it's pity that Federer couldn't do 6 times in a roa. Dammit.

History being made.
My favourite player is Safin but i can't stand the spaniard so:
Go Fed!

Yep, go Federer!

SaiKYoU
07-06-2008, 03:10 PM
AMAZING match, the style of play i like in this sport...

difficult and fast shots, long games...

Keyser
07-06-2008, 03:59 PM
Great game, both players played really well

Stylie
07-06-2008, 04:12 PM
Yeah, it was amazing. The norwegian commentator said that this was the most amazing final he ever seen.

Andy
07-06-2008, 04:15 PM
Disappointed for Federer missing out on the 6 in a row record, but Nadal has thoroughly deserved this win. Now he can win on grass, I'm expecting him to really take over the tennis world.

Stylie
07-06-2008, 04:25 PM
Disappointed for Federer missing out on the 6 in a row record, but Nadal has thoroughly deserved this win. Now he can win on grass, I'm expecting him to really take over the tennis world.

Yeah, I'm a bit disapointed too. But as he said, he did his best, and Nadal played very well.

Splinter[PI]
07-06-2008, 04:43 PM
I stopped caring about Federer 'bout a year ago, I'm more interested in what Wawrinka does. But this final, goddammit, amazing! the commentator said it was waaay darker there than we could see on tv.

F@ BANKZ
07-06-2008, 04:50 PM
It reminded me a little bit of Rocky II. Andy Murray was good, but this was easily the best match that I've seen ever.

I watched it all and won a £1 bet that Nadal would win. I was surprised that the commentators basically wrote Federer off in the third set, but then again, they were never very good (Tim Henman + anything other than playing tennis= lol). Rafa is amazingly, amazingly consistent; no matter what the score or situation is he plays brillaintly and with audacity. Credit is due to Federer this year also, he had terbulants that were absent from Nadal's game, but for the most part every dimension of his game was excellent.

I do believe Rafa was, to an extent, lucky to win this year. He was brillaint, but to save over 10 break points from Federer in the first two sets violates the laws of everything. Then again, he is the younger player and he lost two sets from tie-breaks so he did deserve to win. He will probably come dominate tennis within the next few years as his game is perfected, but he'll certainly face more Federer rivalry for a while longer.

Stylie
07-06-2008, 05:49 PM
;1150160']But this final, goddammit, amazing! the commentator said it was waaay darker there than we could see on tv.

Yeah, our commentator also said that. ^^

It reminded me a little bit of Rocky II. Andy Murray was good, but this was easily the best match that I've seen ever.

I watched it all and won a £1 bet that Nadal would win. I was surprised that the commentators basically wrote Federer off in the third set, but then again, they were never very good (Tim Henman + anything other than playing tennis= lol). Rafa is amazingly, amazingly consistent; no matter what the score or situation is he plays brillaintly and with audacity. Credit is due to Federer this year also, he had terbulants that were absent from Nadal's game, but for the most part every dimension of his game was excellent.

I do believe Rafa was, to an extent, lucky to win this year. He was brillaint, but to save over 10 break points from Federer in the first two sets violates the laws of everything. Then again, he is the younger player and he lost two sets from tie-breaks so he did deserve to win. He will probably come dominate tennis within the next few years as his game is perfected, but he'll certainly face more Federer rivalry for a while longer.

Yup yup. It was excellent playing. Very good of both players, so I would say that both are winners, 'caus this was so strong and good. Best final ever.

arak0r
07-06-2008, 11:50 PM
really wanted federer to win this, sucks, though it was an amazing match. he just played horribly, so many unforced errors, dunno what that was all about

Stylie
07-07-2008, 07:10 AM
really wanted federer to win this, sucks, though it was an amazing match. he just played horribly, so many unforced errors, dunno what that was all about

He played horrible? Hahahahh. I would say that he played as good as Nadal, but Nadal took the exact important points. Did you see how Federer turned the match? He was under 2-0, and turned it to 2-2 and was leading. THAT'S amazing.

But yeah, he had some "unforced errors". And that was because he played against Nadal - one of the best tennis player alive, along with Federer. 'Caus Federer crushed all the other tennis players in this tournament, but this match with Nadal was just incredible amazing and hard.

medi01
07-07-2008, 07:17 AM
i hate nadal...hes an idiot...federer deserved to, and should have, won

F@ BANKZ
07-07-2008, 11:26 AM
He played horrible? Hahahahh. I would say that he played as good as Nadal, but Nadal took the exact important points. Did you see how Federer turned the match? He was under 2-0, and turned it to 2-2 and was leading. THAT'S amazing.

But yeah, he had some "unforced errors". And that was because he played against Nadal - one of the best tennis player alive, along with Federer. 'Caus Federer crushed all the other tennis players in this tournament, but this match with Nadal was just incredible amazing and hard.
I think the errors were a result of Federer's reluctance to get into a rally; particularly in the early rounds if there was a rally you'd expect Nadal to come out on top.

i hate nadal...hes an idiot...federer deserved to, and should have, won
I don't see how you can say a player that only broke his opponent's weaker serve once in a five-hour match should have won it. He played brilliantly on the most significant points, but If there were no Tie-breaks then Federer could well have lost in straight sets.

Llamas
07-07-2008, 12:29 PM
Holy shit. So I unfortunately have not seen ANY of Wimbledon this year, which is depressing. But I'm shocked that my sexy Swiss Roger lost. I really just have come to expect him to win, haha! I've not seen this Nadal guy play before... hopefully I'll see him sometime soon.

Roger is definitely my favorite modern player. I was a huge fan of Goran Ivanisevic before he stopped, and I do like Kiefer, but he never gets very far. But Roger will never be the best player ever- Pete Sampras will forever hold that spot. Forever.

HeadAroundU
07-07-2008, 10:39 PM
Why he will never be the best?

TBD
07-08-2008, 01:25 AM
As long as he manages to win a French Open (which Sampras didn't) Federer will be in the conversation as the greatest of all time.

Llamas
07-08-2008, 02:43 PM
As long as he manages to win a French Open (which Sampras didn't) Federer will be in the conversation as the greatest of all time.

I disagree, though. I think the competition was fiercer back in Sampras' days. I don't think Federer had as difficult of opponents these last few years.

HeadAroundU
07-08-2008, 08:13 PM
Maybe, he doesn't have a difficult opponent because he is so much better. :p

Federed needs 3 more Grand Slams to overcome Sampras.

http://static.wikipedia.org/new/wikipedia/en/articles/a/t/p/ATP_Tour_records_6e14.html
http://static.wikipedia.org/new/wikipedia/en/articles/a/t/p/ATP_Awards_9a02.html