Merciless

Suffer

Therion

Unanimated

Uncanny

Unleashed

Necrophobic

Sacramentum

thats all i can think of. any1 got anymore?

OffspringHead
07-08-2008, 07:02 PM
Amon Amarth.
End thread/

Titus
07-08-2008, 08:04 PM
Isnīt dimmu norwegian?

Godgory

Enjoi
07-08-2008, 08:08 PM
i think they might me be. but im pretty sure the lead singer is swedish

Jakebert
07-08-2008, 09:01 PM
I dunno, but the best ever death metal band out of Denton was a couple of guys who had friends since grade school.

Llamas
07-08-2008, 09:05 PM
This thread is so specific and random. Awesome. I guess it goes along with all the "italian punk bands" threads.

Free?
07-09-2008, 02:35 AM
Dethklok till the Doomsday! ;)

zsk
07-09-2008, 03:06 AM
i only know cosmic ballroom,but it's a punk band

Little_Miss_1565
07-09-2008, 11:03 AM
1. Dimmu are Norwegian.

2. Dimmu are considered pussies by all of true black metal.

dff_punk
07-09-2008, 04:38 PM
Dethklok till the Doomsday! ;)

Yeaaah Dethklok! That show is sick!

Enjoi
07-09-2008, 06:19 PM
2. Dimmu are considered pussies by all of true black metal.

Ya rite. pussies of metal would be like slipknot.

zsk
07-13-2008, 02:32 PM
german trash metal

enemy is us
http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=1TPEiFdH_ek

and six reasons to kill
http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=Fm3iEczw__M

H1T_That
07-14-2008, 09:59 AM
Amon Amarth.
End thread/

Agreed.

Little_Miss_1565
07-14-2008, 10:40 AM
Ya rite. pussies of metal would be like slipknot.

Rather, no one would ever consider Slipknot true metal in any sense of the word. It's cute that you think you know true metal, though. ;)

Come out and smash'em up!
07-14-2008, 03:28 PM
dimmu is considered as sell-outs in the black metal world, still i enjoy their music and they are norwegian. Slipknot is nu-metal, the word metal in the genre name is questionable, but i consider slipknot as metal music.best swedish death metal band imo arch enemy, even though i also enjoy in flames and amon amarth.

SaiKYoU
07-15-2008, 08:11 AM
i only now "at the gates" and they suck, like hell...

both studio and live, cuz i saw them last may...

but you missed "The Haunted" whcih are by far better than "at the gates"...

Free?
07-15-2008, 09:42 AM
I'm not a big fan of death metal, but I've been on a Soilwork (which is Melodic Death Metal) show several months ago. They were damn good.

Last Friday-Saturday I've been on a local metal show with many death/black/folk metal bands (including Craddle Of Filth), but all of trve metalheads that were there didn't show any big support, like 90% of people were just standing and watching which was pretty funny to me. My decision - don't go to death metal shows because allmost all of the trve metalheads you'll see there are VERY SUCKY as crowd.
But it wasn't that bad, after all there were also Agnostic Front who made my Friday and Pain with few other bands that were good at Saturday.

EDIT: I've made a little research to figure out what are Death Metal songs about. From Wiki

Death metal's lyrical themes typically invoke Z-grade slasher and splatter movie violence,[15] but may also extend to contain themes of Satanism, criticism of religion, Occultism, mysticism, and/or social commentary.[16][17] Although violence may be explored in various other genres as well, death metal elaborates on the details of extreme acts, including mutilation, dissection, torture, rape and necrophilia. Sociologist Keith Kahn-Harris (author of Extreme Metal: Music and Culture on the Edge) commented that this may be attributed to a "fascination" with the human body that all people share to some degree, a "primal desire", and that although the genre often glamorizes violence and obscurities, there is equally as much fear and disgust amid the exploration.[18] Heavy metal author Gavin Baddeley also stated that there does seem to be a connection between "how acquainted one is with their own mortality" and "how much they crave images of death and violence" via the media.[19] Additionally, contributing artists to the genre often defend death metal as little more than an extreme form of art and entertainment, similar to horror films in the motion picture industry.[20] Needless to say, this has brought such musicians under fire from activists internationally, who claim that fact is often lost on a large number of adolescents, who are left with the glamorization of such violence without social context or awareness of why such imagery is stimulating.[1]

To me it looks like a teenagers-posers most brutal fantasies. Like "Beheaded" played a zillion times (but still Beheaded would be much more cute ;) ). Now I'm even more not interested in digging this genre.

SaiKYoU
07-15-2008, 12:17 PM
soilwork kicks asses live, they are awesome... also they know how to interact with the crowd perfectly...