PDA

View Full Version : oh hi guysSE!

sKratch
07-08-2008, 03:43 PM
I just got back from a 3 week trip to Poland. I'm sure you all missed me very much. Do people in Europe generally not have shower curtains, or just Poland? What the fuck.

wheelchairman
07-08-2008, 03:54 PM
Depends. In Denmark it's either a shower curtain, or those windshield scrub things. One seems like a lot more work but watermaintenance is a lot different over here.

Tizz and I are thinking about taking the ferry to Poland one of these days.

Tijs
07-08-2008, 06:16 PM
There's no shower curtain in this house either. I find it strange too, I feel so naked whenever I'm in the shower.

edit: "in the shower", I said "under the shower". But that's not right, is it?

dff_punk
07-08-2008, 06:18 PM
In my country it is common. Only in hotels you get that.

Rag Doll
07-08-2008, 06:20 PM
There's no shower curtain in this house either. I find it strange too, I feel so naked whenever I'm in the shower.

edit: "in the shower", I said "under the shower". But that's not right, is it?

in the shower =)

When I was in England, it was some weird half curtain/half door thing. But that was a dorm. *shrug*

Bipolar Bear
07-08-2008, 06:25 PM
I feel so naked whenever I'm in the shower.

Isn't that normal, since YOU'RE NAKED?
But no shower curtains? How awesome. I could open the bathroom door and accidentally seeing my mom taking her shower. Ewww...no

sKratch
07-08-2008, 07:10 PM
The main issue:
How the fuck to take a shower and not flood the shit out of the bathroom. Coming soon: Another bathroom related thread, with voting!

wheelchairman
07-08-2008, 07:17 PM
Water on, soak, water off, soap/shampoo, water on, rinse, water off, dry.

Thankfully we have a curtain and a tub.

Sunny
07-08-2008, 07:26 PM
from my experience, the swiss and the french don't have shower curtains either. i personally find them worthless in true european fashion. i also get claustrophobic/psycho vibes. eeee.

the trick to not getting the whole bathroom wet is the handheld shower. that way you can direct the flow of water directly onto your bod (and towards the wall) instead of outwards. make sense? i generally consider handheld showers to be vastly superior to overhead ones... for a multitude of reasons!

Llamas
07-08-2008, 07:30 PM
from my experience, the swiss and the french don't have shower curtains either. i personally find them worthless in true european fashion. i also get claustrophobic/psycho vibes. eeee.

the trick to not getting the whole bathroom wet is the handheld shower. that way you can direct the flow of water directly onto your bod (and towards the wall) instead of outwards. make sense? i generally consider handheld showers to be vastly superior to overhead ones... for a multitude of reasons!

I did encounter one shower in Hungary that had no shower curtain, and just a handheld dealy with no way to hang it up. I was initially very frustrated, because I always avoided using the handheld things due to a lack of coordination. I had to use it, though, and kept spraying over the edge of the tub or setting it down in a bad position. After a few showers, I got the hang of it... but I'm more used to "normal" showers, so I wouldn't agree that handheld ones are better. But you're probably right.

Rag Doll
07-08-2008, 07:32 PM
Handheld showers are indeed vastly superior. Oh so vastly superior...

Nina
07-09-2008, 01:10 AM
I like and only know of the combination: a handheld shower which can be hooked to a loop on the wall that makes it a regular shower.
I also like when there is a class or plastic shield next to where you stand when you use the shower. But I dont mind curtains either. I think it's all a matter of what you are used to.
What I really dont like is when there is no tub and you basically stay on the ground and there's a showerhead installed in the wall. I had that in Sweden (not sure if it's common there, though). The entire bathroom was frequently flooded, not cool.