PDA

View Full Version : comfort me plz.

Sunny
07-09-2008, 09:14 AM
i'm sending my dogs to Europe (long story). my vet fucked up the health certification so my dogs are stuck in FRANKFURT and might be sent back to the US. which would mean I basically wasted $2000 on the original shipment charges.

i am currently on hold with:

- JFK airport
- my vet
- warsaw lufthansa office
- frankfurt
- the goddamn USDA

...and also trying not to cry hysterically and threaten everyone with a fucking lawsuit or a good ol' fashioned ass whoopin. in the meantime my poor dogs are stranded in fucking GERMANY all lonely and sad. and my puppy girl needs her medication and i don't know if they gave it to her.

i'm going to slay someone. offer hugs and kind words please. thanks.

IamSam
07-09-2008, 09:24 AM
I'm sorry, Sunny. I hope that your dogs return safely to you, or better yet they let them through to their destination. Is the medication a serious matter?

Sunny
07-09-2008, 09:28 AM
thanks.

as for her meds, it's not a life/death matter, but a quality of life matter, really. she has a chronic bladder problem and the meds help keep it under control.

Rag Doll
07-09-2008, 09:28 AM
*hugz4u*

that's awful. i'm so sorry. i'd be having a breakdown =(.

i hope they get to Poland ok =\.

wheelchairman
07-09-2008, 09:41 AM
"This tiny dog sure is peeing a lot, must have a bomb inside it."

Mota Boy
07-09-2008, 09:47 AM
Dude. That is not very good. If they get shipped back that's a total people's court issue for your vet. Best of luck and I hope that it all works out.

HornyPope
07-09-2008, 09:55 AM
Aww poor Magsie. Why not get another puppy in the meantime to cheer you up?

Oxygene
07-09-2008, 10:04 AM
yeah those puppies must be a huge health risk for Europe, it's good they wanna you over for $2000

bureaucratic goddam fucktards.. if you need someone to kick them in the teeth let me know :cool:

Little_Miss_1565
07-09-2008, 10:53 AM
Baby I'm so sorry! Poor Pancake. I feel bad for scolding her lovingly after the third time she peed on my sneakers now that I know she has a bladder problem.

This is your vet's responsibility to fix since it was his fuckup. Is he handling it?

And yeah, you have total grounds to sue.

Tom
07-09-2008, 11:08 AM
It will be okay in the end. :)

Bipolar Bear
07-09-2008, 11:21 AM
Damn I love dogs. Good luck on that I'm sure you'll get them back soon. At least you know they're relatively safe, don't worry too much it could be worse. I was stuck in an isolated place once, and had a phone call once that my dog was dying. I was worried but her guardian took her to the vet and she survived. :cool:

Splinter[PI]
07-09-2008, 02:33 PM
I think it's a strange idea to ship animals anyway...

but I feel sorry for you. I hope you get back your puppies soon...

Tizzalicious
07-09-2008, 03:05 PM
Urgh, that's horrible. I hope they will be able to get where are they are supposed to be soon!

come out swinging
07-09-2008, 07:43 PM
thats messed up. if that happened to me and my 4 dogs i be on the phone laying into those fuckers. (Shanks a few of those fuckers)

Vera
07-10-2008, 06:05 AM
Oh god. :[

Massive e-hugs and such and hoping this'll get sorted out ASAP.

Sunny
07-10-2008, 07:23 AM
thanks everyone <3

so the story is... the dogs were going to be sent back, but i argued with the people until they let me send over the paperwork (via plane. dflgkj). 5 hours, many tears and lawsuit threats later, i was able to get the paperwork from my assbasket of a vet, the stamp from the USDA, and Lufthansa's approval to forward the dogs to their destination.

i'm very glad my parents decided to hire a dog caretaker in warsaw (the puppies already arrived). he called to tell us that the dogs are "absolutely traumatized", covered in pee and poop, dehydrated and trembling. Pancake (the girl) drank 6 bowls of water upon being released from her crate. i'm relieved that they're ok, but absolutely heartbroken and furious over the obviously inhumane treatment they received in Frankfurt. iii don't think i'll be spending my money on Lufthansa flights anytime soon, if ever.
luckily my parents are waiting for them with delicious foods, treats, doggy shampoo and vitamin chews. and lots of love and hugs.

Poor Pancake. I feel bad for scolding her lovingly after the third time she peed on my sneakers now that I know she has a bladder problem.

aw! don't! little Pnck <3s you. i'm guilty of scolding her too and occasionally calling her a "worthless dog". aha.

Rag Doll
07-10-2008, 07:27 AM
That'd fucking awful. I would definitely be writing some angry letters to the vet and the airline.

So glad that they're ok. I was worried about them all yesterday after I read this =\

Sunny
07-10-2008, 07:32 AM
=)

my vet already got an earful and then some. lufthansa will be hearing from us shortly. not lawsuit-style, but major-bitchout-style, definitely. for the amount of $ they charge for dog shipments, the puppies should've been fanned, massaged and fed prime veal... not "absolutely traumatized" and dehydrated.

maybe i am overly protective. but fuck. *angry face*

0r4ng3
07-10-2008, 07:34 AM
That's fucked up. You should sic PETA on their asses.

Little_Miss_1565
07-10-2008, 07:38 AM
Buuughghghghajhf. So sorry about the pupses but I am so glad that they're safe with your parents now. Let us know how Lufthansa proposes to attempt to make things right. But if they won't, bitch in public! MySpace, Facebook, customer complaint sites, air those grievances far and wide.

Sunny
07-10-2008, 07:44 AM
dunno about PETA and how effective that would be, but i'm probably going to submit a letter to Consumerist.com. aside from the obvious emotional poorbabydoggies factor, what they did is totally unprofessional. great business practices there, really. people should be made aware that if they ship their dogs with LH, there is a good chance they will arrive in sorry-ass shape.

the kicker? they are charging me 70 EUR for "boarding costs". they provide such excellent boarding that my dogs were in better shape when i adopted them OFF THE STREET (off the highway in Kirby's case).

Mota Boy
07-10-2008, 08:32 AM
Well, I'm glad they're OK now. That's the important thing.

May your vengeance be swift, heartless and very, very public.

Llamas
07-10-2008, 02:28 PM
I've heard SO many bad things about Lufthansa... this is just beyond all. They seriously seem like a bunch of assholes. How can you have dogs in your care and just let that happen? I hope you give them a huge piece of your mind. Jesus. But I'm really glad to hear that you got them and they're alright. Poor guys :(

jacknife737
07-10-2008, 03:55 PM
Christ, that was terrible! Glad things seem to be sorted out now, hope the dogs will be alright and good luck bitching out all those who were responsible.