PDA

View Full Version : Clip sed in Americana DVD???

Gaz2k21
07-09-2008, 01:23 PM
Hi There

There is a clip used in the Americana DVD showing a kid in an offspring shirt being pulled over and arrested.

Does any one know where this clip originated??? I noticed it playing in the background of an episode of The Lone Gunmen (X-Files Spin Off). Or if the clip was filmed for the DVD( Lone Gunmen often references punk bands one main character is constantly seen in Ramones,Social Distortion,Bouncing souls shirts.)

I would check the DVD myself but my copy is in storage with the rest of my DVD'S :(

Cock Joke
07-09-2008, 03:11 PM
I would guess Cops, probably.

RageAndLov
07-09-2008, 03:44 PM
i have always thought that it was an acted scene exclusive to that dvd

offspring_freak_3
07-09-2008, 04:15 PM
o_O
i used to watch the lone gunmen a lot back when it was on on tv, and i re-watched the episodes a few months ago and didnt notice that especifc video.

what episode is it from?

darea
07-09-2008, 05:34 PM
I didnt know the Lone gunmen had their own tv show, I'd noticed the tshirts too. And as for the video of the kid getting arrested, I also just thought it was specially made for americana. But just as you watched all the episodes of the of the x-files, you'll notice quite a few references to the offspring.

Like the guy who gets struck by lightening is wearing an ixnay tshirt, come out and play is mentioned in a conversation that mulder is listening to on the phone... and stuff.

RageAndLov
07-09-2008, 07:08 PM
Like the guy who gets struck by lightening is wearing an ixnay tshirt.

how ironic that the offspring fan became a lightning rod xD

darea
07-09-2008, 07:30 PM
how ironic that the offspring fan became a lightning rod xD

yeah, I hadnt thought of that.

RODNEYMULLEN
07-09-2008, 08:17 PM
I didnt know the Lone gunmen had their own tv show, I'd noticed the tshirts too. And as for the video of the kid getting arrested, I also just thought it was specially made for americana. But just as you watched all the episodes of the of the x-files, you'll notice quite a few references to the offspring.

Like the guy who gets struck by lightening is wearing an ixnay tshirt, come out and play is mentioned in a conversation that mulder is listening to on the phone... and stuff.

Yeah, that was a good show. After it was canceled they all died in the x-files. I'm like an x-files friek, i have all seasons on dvd. In an episode in season 2 (i think) Mulder's monitering phone calles and some guys talking about come out and play and he sais the offspring. Also theres this episode where there's this guy who controls lightning and all through the episode he's wearing vandals t-shirts, and then at the end they play live, fast diareah. I can't wait for the movie. Is it 16 days till release now?

StayInTheHouseCarl
07-09-2008, 09:55 PM
i think the footage probably was an actual clip from a COPS-like show, with that voice-over added in for the DVD

Gaz2k21
07-10-2008, 02:35 AM
o_O
i used to watch the lone gunmen a lot back when it was on on tv, and i re-watched the episodes a few months ago and didnt notice that especifc video.

what episode is it from?

It was about the 6th or 7th episode in the series it involved a bloke who had been hypnotized into thinking he was someone else but goes crazy every time he see's a TV Salesman Advert on TV.

Turns out the TV Salesman is banging his Midget wife (the episode has midget wrestlers).

From what I remember the clip didnt have the added in dialogue that the offspring added (" where are your counterfeit tickets")

Rutegard
07-10-2008, 05:29 AM
i love that part

i had the impression that that scene was shot just to the dvd, and the bold guy wearing the tshirt reminds me of dex somehow!
can't explain properly...

and why is this girl in the end talking to the same kid and calling him "hunny" i though that was sweet but weird as fuck