PDA

View Full Version : What do The Offspring have against Guns N ' Roses?

one hundred punks
07-09-2008, 07:24 PM
I remember a few years ago when The Offspring were going to steal the album title Chinese Democracy before GNR's lawyers put a stop to that.Anyone have any quotes from the band about this?
I think The Offspring would make a great opener for GNR when ChiDem is released.

Budzy
07-09-2008, 07:29 PM
Axel Rose ripped off Dexters Braids.
hahaha

cool 2 hate 681
07-09-2008, 07:49 PM
it was a april fools joke that people took way to seriously

in this interview with dexter and noodles they talk about it for a second

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRK6ln47IeU

also the article is still on the website

http://www.offspring.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Offspring.woa/wa/news?year=2003&newsID=291

nieh
07-09-2008, 07:56 PM
it was a april fools joke that people took way to seriously

True, but Noodles has said on the boards before that he hates Guns N Roses (but he loves Buckethead).

one hundred punks
07-09-2008, 08:07 PM
True, but Noodles has said on the boards before that he hates Guns N Roses (but he loves Buckethead).

Hate is a very strong word, are you sure Noodles said that? Someone might want to tell Noodles that Buckethead has been outta Guns for about four years now.

RODNEYMULLEN
07-09-2008, 08:15 PM
Axel rose is a fucking asshole. I don't like that guy (although some of thier music is good).

one hundred punks
07-09-2008, 08:21 PM
Axel rose is a fucking asshole. I don't like that guy (although some of thier music is good).

His name is AXL Rose and I wouldn't know if he is an asshole since I have seen them in concert like 5 times but never met the man.They released one of the best albums of all time, Appetite For Destruction.Chinese Democracy is also one of the most anticipated albums in rock history.

Bipolar Bear
07-09-2008, 08:54 PM
I think most of us can agree: Guns N Roses has no dignity and although they make good music, they're a bunch of assholes.
Sorry if I don't hold the common opinion but I think this is pretty evident.
Btw this has nothing to do with The Offspring, just their overall behaviour.

ZbadhabitZ
07-10-2008, 01:14 AM
His name is AXL Rose and I wouldn't know if he is an asshole since I have seen them in concert like 5 times but never met the man.They released one of the best albums of all time, Appetite For Destruction.Chinese Democracy is also one of the most anticipated albums in rock history.

One day I'm actually going to do research (like statistics) into what you said there. I think, over a decade ago, Chinese Democracy was one of the most anticipated albums in rock history, but if it were to actually come out sometime soon, I don't think it's going to do anywhere near as well as it should, given that its a Guns n Roses album. I think most fans have lost faith in the album, and I really doubt it's anywhere near as highly anticipated as most would believe. I'm curious...would you buy it?

Rooster
07-10-2008, 03:05 AM

Quoted for truth. I heard that he was agressive towards his wife, and he was drinking excessively (it's fun to get drunk from time to time, but not all the time). Some of GnR's songs are good though, but that doesn't excuse him to make such bad actions. And i've got only one thing to say about Chinese Democracy, which still hasn't been released after 10 years of recording:

http://www.offspring.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=105&pictureid=584

bouncingcoles
07-10-2008, 06:59 AM
I remember a few years ago when The Offspring were going to steal the album title Chinese Democracy before GNR's lawyers put a stop to that.Anyone have any quotes from the band about this?
I think The Offspring would make a great opener for GNR when ChiDem is released.

chinese democracy will never be released....plus axle rose is a shit head, everyone in the music industry knows that. hence why all the other guns n roses members left the band.

Alex101
07-10-2008, 07:24 AM
chinese democracy will never be released....plus axle rose is a shit head, everyone in the music industry knows that. hence why all the other guns n roses members left the band.

Yeah, fuck Chinese Democracy. I'm sure a lot of people are gonna think that album will suck, possibly because Slash and Duff won't be in it. According to Wikipedia, Axl's been working on that album since 1994, the same year The Offspring released the successful Smash, but Slash wasn't officially gone until 1996 and Duff didn't leave the band until a year later.

camilo andres
07-11-2008, 07:55 AM

No, GNR would be a good opener for the Offspring

cool 2 hate 681
07-11-2008, 08:14 AM
what is this the bash axl rose thread:confused:

one hundred punks
07-11-2008, 09:53 PM
No, GNR would be a good opener for the Offspring

Uhh,I love Offspring but GNR at this point would only be an opener for Led Zep or The Rolling Stones.

Smash punker
07-18-2008, 06:34 AM
hahaha

Bastard! :D

holland25
07-18-2008, 10:12 AM
Yes, it's true. He did it. Noodles spoke about how he never saw a man cry like Dexter did when he woke up without his braids.

Out on Patrol
07-21-2008, 01:48 PM
Haha I remember those times, Axl went nuts when Dexter said
"Ok, he ripped off my braids, so I ripped of his album title"

:D

I wish the album title had been CD, and not Splinter. That would have been a lesson for Axl.

ps: It's been 5 years since that... and... guess what... Chinese Democracy has never been released.
ps2: I love GN'R. But the old one. Up to 94. The new one sucks.

Stylie
07-21-2008, 03:54 PM
Haha I remember those times, Axl went nuts when Dexter said
"Ok, he ripped off my braids, so I ripped of his album title"

:D
Is is some videos of that, articles? :D

KyleW
07-21-2008, 03:59 PM
hahaha

He literally physically ripped them out? Or by rip do you just mean had a go at him for having them.

Rooster
07-21-2008, 04:07 PM
He literally physically ripped them out? Or by rip do you just mean had a go at him for having them.

I think that the second one...

Jules69
07-21-2008, 05:34 PM
Back in the day we use to call them scums and poosers!! Ha Ha!!:D

KyleW
07-22-2008, 05:08 AM
I think that the second one...

Good because If Axl has been touching my Dexter.... :mad: OH you dont know what Ill do!

Smash punker
07-28-2008, 07:08 AM
If anybody´d try to cut my hair, then he´s a dead man! :D