PDA

View Full Version : death cab for cutie

zenko
07-10-2008, 02:30 AM
hey wats the people veiws on the band
death cab for cutie

Jakebert
07-10-2008, 10:38 AM
I like them, but they're inconsistant. They're capable of doing some good stuff, but they've never released an album that didn't have at least like 3 really crappy filler songs.

WebDudette
07-10-2008, 12:02 PM
I agree, though the Postal Service album was solid.

Stobocop
11-13-2008, 11:36 AM
Yeah, I like a lot of their stuff. Some IS hit and miss, but their music videos always rock though. If you haven't seen any of them, check them out!

http://yoozur.com/rockthevote/bin/Main.html#/artistprofile-Death%20Cab%20For%20Cutie <-- music videos etc!

Bazza
11-22-2008, 02:25 PM
I actually saw them last week, and have to say it was a pretty damn good gig. I'd never really listen to much of their stuff, but found them pretty good live.

Betty
11-23-2008, 08:31 AM
They impressed me when I saw 'em live too. I think it was a combination of it just being a good live show (I was worried that they wouldn't rock out, but the rocking out was more than satisfactory... and they sounded good overall) and obviously, playing a live show, the majority of the songs were the good ones and not the crappy filler ones. And some of the good ones are really fuckin' good.

chicapowerpunk
11-27-2008, 05:03 PM
Well, the guys played well.
I prefer the new album (Narrow Stairs).
I like "I willl Possesess your Hert".
The song has good pace, good character, in short, enough to ring in the radio every five minutes.

Harleyquiiinn
10-05-2009, 01:57 PM
Ah, I just found thisn thread, forgive me for the bumping. I completely agree with Jakebert's comment.

And I usually prefer to listen to the Postal Service too (oh I'd like to see that live !) but sometimes, Death cab songs are just beautiful.

I saw them live last year. I was a little bit concerned about the show lacking of energy, like some of their songs... but it was great ! One band that needs to be seen live. They actually rock.

Anyway, I bought Narrow Stairs the day of the concert but never really listened to it. So, I just discovered Grapevine Fire that I find great. This is just one good song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmpMQA0qfuM