PDA

View Full Version : What the fuck is wrong with people?

Thomas
07-12-2008, 11:36 PM
This happened recently to two friends of mine:

http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/fromcomments/247832.php

They are real young, 17 and 16, and both a particularly small girls.

I just can't fathom what kind of messed up shit has to be going through your brain to make you do something as horrendous as this.

Luckily, the one who was critically injured is doing really well right now and the doctors say she is going to be fine, but I can't even imagine the emotional trouble they are gonna be going through.

These girls have always been the sort of people who see the glass as half full and find out all the beauty in the small things in life, even after notably bad childhoods, but I can't imagine how difficult it would be to recover from this, if it's possible at all.

I can't help but imagine if I was there with them. I honestly think i would have had no problem whatsoever sneaking up behind this guy and strangling him while he was attacking them. I normally can't even picture myself being able to kill another human being, even if I was in Iraq attacking terrorists, but there is really no doubt in my mind that if I was there and I had the means, I would have killed him. This is such a fucked up thing to do and we are lucky he didn't do more damage.

I just...ugh...I'm really pissed off right now. If you are going to go on a rampage with a goddamn MACHETE, why would you target two young, small, helpless girls? I guess you'd have to have something majorly fucked up in your brain anyway if you had plans to do this anyway.

btw, there was no connection whatsoever between the girls and the man. Completely random attack.

Bipolar Bear
07-12-2008, 11:38 PM
That's really fucked up, what the fuck is wrong with modern society?
I hope they're ok, fuck that bastard.
I really hate violence and physical confrontations but I could have really
hurt that guy if those were my friends... I know what you mean.

Conspiracyof1000
07-12-2008, 11:45 PM
I'm going to go after that guy with my own machete.
Since it's the AZ Daily Star news, I literally can, too. As long as he hasn't left the state.
What are people thinking when they pull shit like this?

Thomas
07-12-2008, 11:47 PM
btw, I just got an update that she was released from the hospital today.

Here's part of her message describing her injuries:

"I suffered a fractured skull, my left ear had to be stitched back together, I have three broken bones in my left cheek, a broken nose, fractured arm, and the remainder of my body is covered in scrapes and bruises."

Despite all of this, though, she still is looking at the bright side of all of this. She was talking about how this taught her how many friends she has, and how lucky she is.

She ended her message (sent out to a lot of people) with this:

"I love you all so fucking much."

I think she's going to be just fine in the end...

Conspiracyof1000
07-12-2008, 11:50 PM
That's good.

Bipolar Bear
07-12-2008, 11:52 PM
Thanks for the update she looks like a good person. I hope they nail that bastard.

Drafan
07-13-2008, 03:10 AM
I hope he wont make it out with "free because of insanity" :mad:

Capricorn4
07-13-2008, 03:42 AM
It's insane and it happens all over the world.Two years ago a similar incident happened here in Budapest.A young guy(16-17 years old)got stabbed in the neck with a sword(I think it was a katana)on the bus.The deliquent was of the same age as the victim.
Police still don't know how this incident exactly happened.Some witnesses claiming that the victim (before he got stabbed) threatened the other guy with a knife.The deliquent claims that he just wanted to defend himself.But with a sword?

WebDudette
07-13-2008, 03:43 AM
I would like to think that under no circumstances would I ever let this happen while I was around. If a male, any male, hit a female friend of mine I would do all in my power to take this person down. But this is just a whole other level. I would like to imagine that I would enter a blind rage upon seeing this and destroy or at least attempt to destroy the person but a machete is rather intimidating.

TL;DR - If something like this happens around me I hope I have to courage to do everything in my power to stop and destroy the person.

JoY
07-13-2008, 08:14 AM
I normally can't even picture myself being able to kill another human being, even if I was in Iraq attacking terrorists, but

dude.. seriously.

oh christ, I just looked up pictures of a machete. what would you have such a thing for anyway, besides if your profession is a freakin' butcher. that's truly, truly terrible. I hope the girls will be okay. after they physically heal, some professional help to get through this would be in order, I imagine. awful.

I also have an awful story that will make no one feel any better, but a friend of one of my friends was biking through Amsterdam, late in the afternoon, in daylight, normal time, nothing special. she was in a hurry, so she was going pretty fast. suddenly a guy, standing on the sidewalk, pulls out a baseball bat from behind his back & hits her straight in the head. I don't remember if she survived. the situation was critical, but I don't know her & I didn't want to bug my friend with it too much, so yeah. ever since, when I bike through Amsterdam & I see some weird guy on the sidewalk, I just can't help myself but move away as far as possible from the sidewalk. it's scary that people can do such random, terrifying, impulsive things. terrifying actually.

The Talking Pie
07-13-2008, 08:23 AM
If you are going to go on a rampage with a goddamn MACHETE, why would you target two young, small, helpless girls?

Because you'd get your ass kicked if you went after a muscle-bound giant. If you know how to deal with a weapon then it's not much of a problem; the main use is really just to terrify people into inaction against the attack. So if you try to attack someone with a knife who clearly knows how to take care of themselves, they'll snatch the knife off you first chance you give them and odds are you'll be the one who ends up in hospital.

wheelchairman
07-13-2008, 09:13 AM
On the other hand this man probably wasn't sane and was probably delusional. Which would be the missing link as to why this makes no sense. I didn't really read the whole article though.

ad8
07-13-2008, 11:41 AM
I just...ugh...I'm really pissed off right now. If you are going to go on a rampage with a goddamn MACHETE, why would you target two young, small, helpless girls? I guess you'd have to have something majorly fucked up in your brain anyway if you had plans to do this anyway.

I don't think a that a guy who is going to kill people with a machete really thinks about who he might not kill because that would be injust.(Actually, every killing for no reason is injust)

Nina
07-13-2008, 12:01 PM
I also have an awful story that will make no one feel any better, but a friend of one of my friends was biking through Amsterdam, late in the afternoon, in daylight, normal time, nothing special. she was in a hurry, so she was going pretty fast. suddenly a guy, standing on the sidewalk, pulls out a baseball bat from behind his back & hits her straight in the head. I don't remember if she survived. the situation was critical, but I don't know her & I didn't want to bug my friend with it too much, so yeah. ever since, when I bike through Amsterdam & I see some weird guy on the sidewalk, I just can't help myself but move away as far as possible from the sidewalk. it's scary that people can do such random, terrifying, impulsive things. terrifying actually.

I never heard of such a thing, but I always wondered why I havent because I thought such impulsive aggressive behavior would be more common. I imagine many people would have such impulses.

IamSam
07-13-2008, 12:51 PM
I'd have to agree with wheelchairman on this one. The guy has to be a fry short of a happy meal.

Llamas
07-13-2008, 01:06 PM
What amazes me is that everyone has a different line for when killing is okay and when it's not. In theory, it seems like killing is such a drastic thing that everyone should agree on... but I guess it's not. I'd especially expect everyone to agree that attacking random people with machetes is not okay. There just doesn't seem like there could possibly be a "logical" explanation for it. (Logical is in quotes, because I equate a logical explanation for something like this to the likes of "I shot up my school cause of survival of the fittest" or whatever. It's "logical" in the mind of someone who's very messed up.) People can justify at least why they think killing someone in war is okay. Or why they think killing an animal that's not human is okay. But sometimes people just cross that line into "WTF????" world.

In conclusion, this guy HAS to have had a few screws loose. I mean, a machete???

Ryder1234
07-13-2008, 01:43 PM
I hope he wont make it out with "free because of insanity" :mad:but then again he probably will :mad:

WebDudette
07-13-2008, 08:26 PM
llamas I think it would be (and is) quite the opposite.

Murder is such a big deal that there is no way everyone could agree on something like that.

Though I do agree that everyone should find random attacks such as this wrong.

the.nephilim
07-14-2008, 12:20 AM
that is completely fucked up thing to happen.
random attack? so that guy was randomly carrying a machete to attack the first person he saw...? just wrong....

i really hope your friends get better quicker and that guy gets what he deserves.

Thomas
07-14-2008, 01:53 AM
Just as a quick update, the attacker was found and apprehended today, so maybe we'll be albe to see exactly what went on.

Apparently my friend barely even remembers the attack. It's like she blanked out. Why do you suppose that is? I can't figure it out.

Nina
07-14-2008, 06:44 AM
From what I have heard that's actually quite common. Our brain likes to push away traumatic experiences because we cant cope with it (yet).

"In time, emotional exhaustion may set in, leading to distraction, and clear thinking may be difficult or impossible. Emotional detachment, as well as dissociation or "numbing out", can frequently occur. Dissociating from the painful emotion includes numbing all emotion, and the person may seem emotionally flat, preoccupied or distant. The person can become confused in ordinary situations and have memory problems."

found it on Wiki under the term "Psychological trauma".