PDA

View Full Version : Tegan and Sara

Llamas
07-13-2008, 04:32 PM
"The Con" is such an awesome album. Who else likes them (even though they're huge homofagz)???

jacknife737
07-13-2008, 05:03 PM
They may not be tru-punx, but holy shit they are awesome. I cannot get over how great The Con is!

I listen to Back In My Head, or The Con at least a couple times a day, they are soooo catchy.

Anyone else know a good cd of theirs to pick up next?

Llamas
07-13-2008, 05:08 PM
I loooooove Back in Your Head!!!! My favorite songs are "Like O Like H", "Relief Next to Me", and "Back in Your Head". Soooo good. I like every song on the album, though!

I've been told that the next album to check out after The Con is So Jealous. I requested more of their stuff in the Music Request thread... hopefully someone will upload. :)

nieh
07-13-2008, 05:08 PM
I have If It Was You and like it fine but never really listen to it.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
07-14-2008, 12:29 AM
So Jealous is an amazing album. "Wake Up Exhausted" is my favorite song by them.

Llamas
07-14-2008, 09:11 AM
So Jealous is an amazing album. "Wake Up Exhausted" is my favorite song by them.

ahhh I was wondering what album that song was from after hearing the Alkaline Trio cover. Definitely going to have to check out that album!

SuperKnux
07-14-2008, 01:45 PM
Yeah, I love Tegan and Sara.

I think my favorite song of theirs would have to be "You Wouldn't Like Me", the first track off So Jealous. It's great, and I think anybody can pretty much relate to it at one point or another.

Llamas
07-15-2008, 02:07 PM
I bought So Jealous yesterday... it's really good! I think I like The Con more, but I've also listened to that one more.

Still my favorite song is Like O Like H. Amazing song.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
08-13-2008, 11:21 AM
The Con is definitely better, but So Jealous is really good too. For those who are looking to get into them, the best approach is to work backwards. The Con and So Jealous are their best albums.

I'm so so so in love with "Dark Come Soon".

Jakebert
08-13-2008, 05:51 PM
I've tried to get into them dozens of times now.

I don't get the praise they receive at all.

Little_Miss_1565
08-13-2008, 07:44 PM
ahhh I was wondering what album that song was from after hearing the Alkaline Trio cover. Definitely going to have to check out that album!

I had no idea Alkaline Trio covered T&S. I dig T&S but their voices kinda grate on me. There are songs from So Jealous that are pure genius, though.

jacknife737
10-06-2009, 03:26 PM
New song; pretty catchy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyRYUE6IPz8&feature=player_embedded#

I almost get an Alkaline Trio vibe, from it.

ShutUpYouFuckingMime
10-06-2009, 04:41 PM
That's SOOOOOOO good.

Llamas
10-07-2009, 07:21 AM
The Con is definitely better, but So Jealous is really good too. For those who are looking to get into them, the best approach is to work backwards. The Con and So Jealous are their best albums.

I'm so so so in love with "Dark Come Soon".

I agree with this entire post. The Con is the better album, but I really love songs on So Jealous, like "You Wouldn't Like Me", "Downtown", "Wake Up Exhausted", etc... it's a really good album. I can't really get into their first three albums, though. They're okay but nothing special.

New song; pretty catchy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyRYUE6IPz8&feature=player_embedded#

I almost get an Alkaline Trio vibe, from it.

Aw man I totally dig it. It's super different for them... I'm sure their hardcore fans are pissed. But I think it sounds great. It's also an odd song to pick for a single. It doesn't feel like "The Con" or "Back in Your Head", but that's okay because it's a solid song :)

Llamas
11-07-2009, 04:57 AM
Fuck fuck fuck fuck I'm downloading Sainthood (the new album) right now and I'm SO STOKED! I've been listening to So Jealous and The Con (mostly The Con) all week because I'm hoping to go to Munich in a few weeks to see them in concert... and I've realized how INCREDIBLE The Con is. So Jealous is good, but damn... I never appreciated all the songs on that album til now - Dark Come Soon, Call It Off, Like O Like H, Are You Ten Years Ago?... again, just... damn. I've liked them for a couple years, but they've really worked their way into one of my top maybe 5 favorite bands/singers.

And now I'm downloading Sainthood and I can't describe how excited I am. I'm more excited for this than I was for Imogen Heap or Regina Spektor earlier this year. Last time I was this excited for a new album was last year for Offspring and Alanis. I'm totally gonna post a review later. :D

jacknife737
11-07-2009, 01:55 PM
Sainthood is really, really good. Someday is probably my favorite track so far.

Llamas
11-07-2009, 04:27 PM
This could definitely be their best album. I've listened to it at least 3 times so far... and there were a couple songs I didn't dig the first time (The Cure, Alligator), but I think I love every song by now. I think my favorites so far are Northshore and Night Watch. I think Someday comes next... the vocal layering is fabulous.

I feel like this album doesn't have the purely amazing songs that The Con had, but it also doesn't have all the unmemorable songs in a row - with The Con, I love the first 6 songs, then tend to get bored after Back In Your Head, and regain interest with Like O Like H to the end of the album. Hop a Plane, Soil Soil, Burn Your Life Down, Nineteen, and Floorplan aren't bad songs, but none of them are especially memorable for me... Sainthood doesn't have this chunk of less interesting songs. And, unlike with any of their other albums, I actually like every song.

I honestly think that, for someone who's interested in getting into Tegan and Sara, this is the album I'd recommend. It's by FAR their most upbeat work, and I feel like it's the right balance of maturity (The Con almost tried too hard, and the rest of their stuff is sometimes pretty immature).

edit: just saw this

I had no idea Alkaline Trio covered T&S. I dig T&S but their voices kinda grate on me. There are songs from So Jealous that are pure genius, though.
I can understand this. Honestly, their song writing is what gets me. And I can definitely understand getting annoyed with Sara's voice (though I think Tegan has a beautiful alto voice). But I'll also say that Sara's voice is the most grating on the So Jealous album. I definitely feel like she's gained more control over the years, and I don't feel the same way about it on Sainthood.

edit 2: "Hell" is basically "The Con"... "Alligator" is basically "Back In Your Head". I love the similarities... I wonder if it was intentional.

renato piquette
01-19-2010, 10:43 PM
tegan and sara are the best band ever.
end of thread

Llamas
01-19-2010, 11:12 PM
For anyone who's interested (it's been mentioned a few times in the past), here's the cover Alkaline Trio did of Tegan and Sara's "Wake Up Exhausted". Is goooooood. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WLPZL6LK

SuperKnux
01-20-2010, 11:09 PM
"Wake Up Exhausted" used to be my alarm ringtone every morning for me to wake up. :P

I'm so tacky.

7Seconds
01-25-2010, 11:26 AM
Is the song "Creeping out Sara" by NoFX about them?

[QUOTE=]That's when I realized it was Sara, or maybe it was Tegan
I'm pretty sure that it was Sara
Cause Johnny Sampson said she was the cooler one

I told her I was a big fan of her band
She asked me if I had a favorite song
I admitted that I'd never actually heard them, but I like k.d. lang
QUOTE]

jacknife737
01-25-2010, 11:44 AM
Yes. 10 characters