PDA

View Full Version : A Lot Like Me: the new single?

scream
07-14-2008, 02:33 AM
I was listening to soundcheck on Live105 (San Francisco, CA radio station) and they played A Lot Like Me. The program normally plays new songs and since they played this song I'm thinking it's going to be the new single.

ad8
07-14-2008, 03:20 AM
That's interesting. But I think that You're Gonna Go Far, Kid is the next single.(So A Lot Like Me might be the third single...)

Oxygene
07-14-2008, 07:16 AM
no it's not the second or the third single either..

dff_punk
07-14-2008, 07:19 AM
Perhaps the fourth...

Oxygene
07-14-2008, 07:58 AM
I think the 4th is still undecided...

Little_Miss_1565
07-14-2008, 08:24 AM
Specialty shows on commercial stations, if I remember right, can play any cut of an album so it might not be a single.

Stylie
07-14-2008, 08:32 AM
no it's not the second or the third single either..

Perhaps the fourth...

Which song is the third single?

Alex101
07-14-2008, 08:41 AM
First "Kristy, Are You Doing Okay?", then "You're Gonna Go Far, Kid" and now "A Lot Like Me". Damn, it seems that The Offspring's got a hard time deciding what will actually be the second single for RAFRAG.

Oxygene
07-14-2008, 09:34 AM
they know the first 3 singles

Stylie
07-14-2008, 09:35 AM
they know the first 3 singles

How you know that?

Ryder1234
07-14-2008, 12:18 PM
just because these songs are on the radio dont mean nothing. sometimes on my radio station they play One Fine Day, but that was never a single.

IamSam
07-14-2008, 12:26 PM
So here is my current opinion of the singles issue.

I have a girlfriend who loves everything catchy and top 40ish. I recently took a five our trip with her and subjected her to Against Me, various other artists (Zebrahead), and RAFRAG. On the mixed CD I had Kristy and Kid. She loved both songs and currently has Kristy stuck in her head and is singing it as she goes everywhere. So this is my current idea as to what the singles should be.

1. Hammerhead
2. You're Gonna Go Far, Kid (Beginning of August maybe?)
3. Kristy Are You Doing Ok? (End of August)
4. Nothingtown/A Lot Like Me (End of September)

drex878
07-14-2008, 02:48 PM
I heard Lets Hear It For Rock Bottom today on an XM radio station called Ethel. Nothing single related really, but I thought it was cool.

ad8
07-14-2008, 02:51 PM
In my opinion, every song of this album is a possible single... it's sad that they can only bring out 3 or 4 singles:(

cool 2 hate 681
07-14-2008, 03:05 PM
you're gonna go far, kid is doing good on the kroq furious 5@9 i think it will be the next single

this is from 7/13/08

1. Atmosphere "You"
2. The Offspring "You're Gonna Go Far, Kid"
3. Slipknot "Pcychosocial"
4. Flobots "Handlebars"
5. Linkin Park "Leave Out All The Rest"

for 7/16/08

1. One Day As A Lion "Wild International"
2. The Offspring "You're Gonna Go Far, Kid"
3. Coldplay "Lost!"
4. Slipknot "Pcychosocial"
5. Weezer"Troublemaker"

for 7/28/08

1. One Day As A Lion "Wild International"
2. Slipknot "Pcychosocial"
3. MGMT "Kids"
4. The Offspring "You're Gonna Go Far, Kid"
5. M.I.A. "Paper Planes"

effreyj
07-14-2008, 03:10 PM
I don't agree with people who say that YGGFK is already a single because their local radio station played it. The Offspring will probably announce it when a new single officially comes out. I do think it's the best choice for a single though.

Hombre316
07-14-2008, 03:11 PM
you're gonna go far kid seems most likely to be the next single. everyone hardcore fan or not seems to love it and keep this in mind theyve actually been playing that song live. so far theyve only played half truism, hammerhead, trust in you and youre gonna go far kid....at least to my knowledge. i just don't see them picking a song for a single that they have yet to play live.

cool 2 hate 681
07-14-2008, 03:16 PM
plus they have only played half truism live 7 times and trust in you once while you're gonna go far, kid has been played 14 times live

effreyj
07-14-2008, 04:27 PM
anyone remember how long it took between the first and second singles on splinter or CO1?

IamSam
07-14-2008, 05:52 PM
anyone remember how long it took between the first and second singles on splinter or CO1?

Splinter:
Hit That-December '03
Head Around You-January '04

Conspiracy:
Original Prankster-December '00
Want You Bad-January '01

effreyj
07-14-2008, 06:59 PM
Hm so usually they come out about a month apart. Hammerhead came out in May so any week now i guess...

Ninty Man
07-14-2008, 09:08 PM
Hm so usually they come out about a month apart. Hammerhead came out in May so any week now i guess...

MMM... we need a new video. COME ON DEX, LEAVE THE BURRITOS AND GRINGO BANDITO AND MAKE A COOL VIDEO

cool 2 hate 681
07-14-2008, 09:14 PM
Conspiracy:Original Prankster-December '00
Want You Bad-January '01

how can that be when conspiracy of one was released on november 14, 2000:confused:

IamSam
07-14-2008, 09:40 PM
how can that be when conspiracy of one was released on november 14, 2000:confused:

I made a mistake then. Prankster would have been much earlier than I wrote then.

Oxygene
07-15-2008, 02:46 AM
How you know that?

they told me

Stylie
07-15-2008, 01:34 PM
they told me
Yeah, sure.

IamSam
07-15-2008, 01:36 PM
Yeah, sure.

I believe him. He hung out with them at that club show in France.

Oxygene
07-15-2008, 02:30 PM
Yeah, sure.

BUSTED...

I just made the whole thing up.

Who would've thunk I'd get caught :D

Rooster
07-15-2008, 02:33 PM
BUSTED...

I would have never thunk that... You just invented another meme, simple yet awesome, dude :D

drummerbecca
07-15-2008, 02:35 PM
Nah, thunk is an oldie, but a goodie.
Stupid question #1: What the heck is a meme?
Stupid question #2: What does BBS actually stand for?

Rooster
07-15-2008, 02:41 PM

Oh, i didn't know, i've never seen it before... well in that case he NOTIFIED me about a meme i didn't know about, and that's good too.

here, maybe this would help about the meme thing:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meme#Examples_of_memes

drummerbecca
07-15-2008, 02:43 PM
Aah wicked. Thanks :)
Thunk is a great word. I highly recommend using it at every opportunity. Gets a few giggles.

Stylie
07-15-2008, 03:48 PM
Yeah, so you was kidding? xD What I thunk.

Rooster
07-15-2008, 04:38 PM

I dod thunk that too, and it turned out to be tr00 :D

drex878
07-15-2008, 05:01 PM
Stupid question #1: What the heck is a meme?
Stupid question #2: What does BBS actually stand for?

1: Definition of Meme (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=meme)
2: BBS = Bouncing Ball Sack.

(Just kidding, its Bulletin Board System)

Rooster
07-15-2008, 05:11 PM
2: BBS = Bouncing Ball Sack.

This one seriously made me laugh....:D

Stylie
07-15-2008, 06:38 PM
I dod thunk that too, and it turned out to be tr00 :D

Hahah. You're a smart man. You're gonna go far, kid!

Oxygene
07-16-2008, 01:36 AM

no I was not kidding they actually did TOLD me...

but let's not argue about facts shall we? You can not believe me if you whish, but I don't want this to turn into the "he thinks he's so l33t..." shit.

The reason I'm telling you is because it's a GREAT FUCKING sign when radio stations start putting non-single songs off an album into rotation, and I feel like that's worth sharing.

and A Lot Like Me is not a single... so horray for radio stations playing it!

In fact Dexter was actually hoping that radio stations will pick other songs up as well... so it's great news!

Stylie
07-16-2008, 08:08 AM

but let's not argue about facts shall we? You can not believe me if you whish, but I don't want this to turn into the "he thinks he's so l33t..." shit.

The reason I'm telling you is because it's a GREAT FUCKING sign when radio stations start putting non-single songs off an album into rotation, and I feel like that's worth sharing.

In fact Dexter was actually hoping that radio stations will pick other songs up as well... so it's great news!

Oh. I thought you was just kidding after you wrote that second post. But okey, I bealive you. ; )

Rooster
07-16-2008, 08:16 AM
Oh. I thought you was just kidding after you wrote that second post. But okey, I bealive you. ; )

I don't know what to thunk now :confused:

Oxygene
07-16-2008, 09:06 AM
uw....
WHAT?!

Rooster
07-16-2008, 09:25 AM
BUSTED...

Here you said you made it up and here

You said they told you. Which is the true statement? I'm just confused, but if they really told, that's cool, dude :)

Stylie
07-16-2008, 09:56 AM
Here you said you made it up and here

You said they told you. Which is the true statement? I'm just confused, but if they really told, that's cool, dude :)

That's what I thunk (damn, I love that word) to. ^^
I just think he was in some other thoughts while writing the second post, heheh. I bealive him.

Oxygene
07-17-2008, 12:57 AM
They really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really did TOLD :)

bighead384
07-17-2008, 01:31 AM
I'm slightly bothered by the way Dexter sings the word "Head" in the chorus. Does anyone else feel this way?

Sinobin
07-17-2008, 07:47 AM
In a interview in spanish paper, the asked Greg K which would be the single with more success, and he answered that Hammerhead was having good reception, but that believed that Kristy, are you doing ok? was going to please very much.

Translator of English, sorry!:o

Stylie
07-17-2008, 11:38 AM
In a interview in spanish paper, the asked Greg K which would be the single with more success, and he answered that Hammerhead was having good reception, but that believed that Kristy, are you doing ok? was going to please very much.

Translator of English, sorry!:o
Huh, interesting.

I'm slightly bothered by the way Dexter sings the word "Head" in the chorus. Does anyone else feel this way?
Nope.

Autonomist
07-17-2008, 11:46 AM
God I fucking hope not.