PDA

View Full Version : do you think the offspring will still playing in 10 years?

bhg_rulz2
01-10-2005, 09:54 PM
i know the will keep doing exellent music like all of their albums....i feel in my heart they would keep doing punk music...wait...exellent punk music

you all know

the offspring is the best group ever...their lyrics are awesome...dont count da hui...ist funny =P hahah

take care =))

Mr. Noodles
01-10-2005, 09:57 PM
Of course they'll still be in business in ten years!
They're awesome, the greatest band ever formed!
They might make music longer than that!
Myabe even twenty years from now!

dirtybird
01-10-2005, 11:04 PM
i think their records will still be sold.. maybe even a release like that of the nirvana box set.. but there probably wont be any live preformances. their lives are gonna catch up with them.

Offspring Pyro
01-11-2005, 03:26 PM
how many more years do you think theyll keep playing?

noodle654
01-11-2005, 03:30 PM
well, the offspring is gunna stay alive for atleast another 5 or 10 years cause they are making a "new album". But they need to go back to Ignition/Ixnay/Smash. Thats their best stuff. But they are still the best.

RonWelty
01-11-2005, 03:31 PM
i think just one more album --and i hope they after that could some live gigs like ... to poor people or something .. but more tours ..after the next one ...NO! i don +t think so sadly ..maybe they can record some songs to put that in the website, but a 100 % band no ..i believe that they will do it as a hobbie ...

killboypwrheadjx
01-11-2005, 03:47 PM
i think their records will still be sold.. maybe even a release like that of the nirvana box set.. but there probably wont be any live preformances. their lives are gonna catch up with them.
my thoughts exactly. i remember an interview back in 95 when dexter said "no way could i see myself doing this in like, 10 years, but i'd definitely like to stick with it for a while." hahahaha. its 10 years later pal. your an old fart and your new music aint too happenin...but nevertheless, your still doing it.

leo3375
01-11-2005, 04:32 PM
I read an article in which a friend told him that they'll be playing the Super Bowl Halftime Show in 10 years. Dexter's response? "God, I hope not."

NIX-on-the-MAN
01-11-2005, 05:46 PM
Dude, their going to be the next Rollin' Stones man. They'll be doing this for years on end.

Skate Rat 19
01-11-2005, 05:59 PM
It would be awsome if they still played ten or twentey or a hundred bajillion years from now, but I just hope they put on a show in Albany, NY. I've never seen or heard them live so it would be awsome 4 me and my friends.

Oh yes and Albany is a pretty big city so ticket sales wouldn't be dissapointing. So if any offspring band member is reading this pleeeeeez come!

nameless
01-11-2005, 06:08 PM
i dont like to say it but i can see them calling it quite over the next few years!
but please, prove me wrong!

pretty_fly_white_guy858
01-11-2005, 06:08 PM
Of course they'll still be in business in ten years!
They're awesome, the greatest band ever formed!
They might make music longer than that!
Myabe even twenty years from now!
In twenty years Noodles will be over 60

NIX-on-the-MAN
01-11-2005, 07:38 PM
i dont like to say it but i can see them calling it quite over the next few years!
but please, prove me wrong!

*Small trie*... I hope your wrong...

Camilamazed
01-11-2005, 10:01 PM
That's it Guys..... People from the bbs are always trying to make me unhappy.... That is a thing that would make me feel like dying. I can barely think about it.I cannot see myself without Offspring, Greenday and Alanis Morissette..I've grown up with them and can surely say they helped me a lot.So that's too hard to find out we won't have them some day.I fell like losing part of my life.....

SkunkIt
01-11-2005, 10:11 PM
Yes! And there will be a Dr.Dexter Holland playing the guitar! :D

Lithuanian Offspring
01-12-2005, 05:09 AM
I think they are bound to break up in like 10 years time. They'll make a couple more albums and go out gracefully. But I wish they would make more albums that would be popular and continue rocking out. They might do some solo projects.

meaning_of_life
01-12-2005, 05:33 AM
hell no, the offspring wont be around in ten years time. thats a long time, remember. they still have new sounds to explore before they quit.

Zee
01-12-2005, 06:41 AM
They should play down to the retirement age (65).

Seriously though, age is just a number and I hope they continue long but it's their decision and I respect it.

mrconeman
01-12-2005, 09:39 AM
them being around in 10 years, would be great coz it would give the next generation a chance to discover them and all, but theyve been around long enough for a band, and a hell of a long time for a punk band, and as the music industry goes more and more pop and crap theyve got less chance of doing much successfuly

I think they'l be gone within 5 years....unfortunatly :(

Red Dragon
01-12-2005, 12:12 PM
i know the will keep doing exellent music like all of their albums....i feel in my heart they would keep doing punk music...wait...exellent punk music

you all know

the offspring is the best group ever...their lyrics are awesome...dont count da hui...ist funny =P hahah

take care =))

It's a strange question! 10 years are in the very far future! I have no idea what will happen tomorow...and what about 10 years.... I have no doubts about their music-it will still be the best! I certanly hope they will be together after 10 years! That depends much on us-their fans! I hope you realise we should stop thinking for the 4 musicians as separate people but as a band! The band won't be itself without any of them! Each of them is important! That's just what I think! I think they The Offspring the greatest band ever! I don't care if each of them is old enough to be my father! So what? We just have to remain their fans no matter what happens! "Have you ever" thought this way????

NIX-on-the-MAN
01-12-2005, 01:12 PM
Honestly I can see them ten years from mainly because they're just best friends having fun and playing music. Music is their life and I can't see them giving that up.

xComexOutxAndxPlay
01-12-2005, 02:09 PM
Yea I hope they still play in 10 years. They have great music and I would hate for that to go away. We need more bands like Offspring to push out the rap crap in the world.
Rock on Offspring. Your my idol.

punkconspiracy
02-14-2005, 02:21 AM
i can't see them still around in 10 years if their albums keep going downhill like they are at the moment, but I really hope they can pick up the pace again sooner or later. But when you think about it..they would need more hit albums to stay around and the only way that'd happen again is if they resorted to the likes of Pretty Fly for a White Guy.

I don't know if I can see Dexter or Greg still playing after 10 years, but I think Noodles will keep on rocking until he gets to the age where he physically can't continue anymore, I reckon he won't get to that for a while though. Noodles seems to be the one who lives and breathes music to more of a degree then the others, and the one who wouldn't function properly unless he was in a band of somesort.

But if they where to leave us in the next few years you won't be able to say that the band hasn't made their mark, and they shall live on in rip-off bands and bands they both inspired with their music or brought into the public view with Nitro Records.

nickspring-82
02-14-2005, 11:02 AM
Noodles is past 40, sadly i dont see them lasting more than 5 years, thats 2 more albums, he is hardcore, but i mean, serious, in that genre, there is an end to the road, the rolling stones are rock n roll, its a different situation all together..gladly :D , yes offspring are the best band formed for sure

bouncingcoles
02-14-2005, 11:28 AM
how many more years do you think theyll keep playing?

Dont worry about that!!!! just enjoy them while they are here!!! they will be around for plenty more time dont worry!

bhg_rulz2
03-14-2005, 03:00 PM
offspring would live in our hearts all of our lives!!

4eh
03-14-2005, 03:33 PM
don't really want to speak about this thread, the offspring are Gods, my opinion, they should play as long as they can.

billiejoe87_greenday
03-14-2005, 05:58 PM
i can't see them still around in 10 years if their albums keep going downhill like they are at the moment, but I really hope they can pick up the pace again sooner or later. .

if they where to leave us in the next few years you won't be able to say that the band hasn't made their mark, and they shall live on in rip-off bands and bands they both inspired with their music or brought into the public view with Nitro Records.

I also cant see them around in 10 years mainly bacause of the unfortunate decline in music quality. The rate their going they probably aren't to far from getting dropped by columbia. The only thing that would prevent this, is if they come up with a really kick ass album that gets media attention.

dgnanashi
03-14-2005, 06:44 PM
I also cant see them around in 10 years mainly bacause of the unfortunate decline in music quality. The rate their going they probably aren't to far from getting dropped by columbia. The only thing that would prevent this, is if they come up with a really kick ass album that gets media attention.

I hope they do make a new kick ass album like Smash.

Kitten
03-15-2005, 03:32 AM
i think just one more album --and i hope they after that could some live gigs like ... to poor people or something .. but more tours ..after the next one ...NO! i don +t think so sadly ..maybe they can record some songs to put that in the website, but a 100 % band no ..i believe that they will do it as a hobbie ...

Are you on acid? What the hell makes you think they wont be able to perform live anymore?
There are plenty of bands older than them that are still going. So get off the fucking wagon you misery crow and use your common sense, if you were even born with any.

voodoomagik
03-15-2005, 04:04 AM
i don't know....yes i give them a few more years..like 4-5 maybe even 6-7!!!but thats not a tragedy!!!imagine that they made it as a band!!!they went this way and their dream became reality...they managed to make us listen to thier music!!!!!im glad they managed that and i think that they deserve some rest...its alot of work to keep all of us satisfied...i just hope their next few albums will be as good as the ones we've listened untill now!!!!!!!!and what the hell...da hui is a great song..dammit

Jimbob2005
03-15-2005, 03:55 PM
they've gone on for ages as it is
bout 4-6 yrs if they release an alb better than splinter

scotishabbit
03-15-2005, 03:56 PM
maybe
i would love that

Anya82
03-15-2005, 03:58 PM
10 years...?

hmm...

i would love that!
but i really doubt it. Not because of their music, but maybe they'll have another interests and goals.

the offspring are Gods, my opinion, they should play as long as they can.
my words......
i just love them! i wish they could play forever... they've been my fave band since the first album i bought.

OffspringMan00
04-09-2005, 09:47 PM
i sure hope so

wilsonkck
04-09-2005, 10:15 PM
Umm Probly not I'd say only 1 or 2 more prope albums other than greatest hits album they are a bit old now and they have families, fans aren't there only priorities. I think 10 albums is somethin 2 be proud of and you can't blame them for stopping either. Just glad I was part of the ride!

lint
04-10-2005, 07:08 PM
It would be awsome if they still played ten or twentey or a hundred bajillion years from now, but I just hope they put on a show in Albany, NY. I've never seen or heard them live so it would be awsome 4 me and my friends.

Oh yes and Albany is a pretty big city so ticket sales wouldn't be dissapointing. So if any offspring band member is reading this pleeeeeez come!

Dude thats awesome. I live maybe 10 minutes from Albany.

The Offspring will be around for a long time hopefully. By the way, does anyone know how old they are? i'm just a curious little boy :rolleyes:

Bad_Girl
04-11-2005, 11:34 AM
I hope they still play in 10 years. And I hope they know the right time to stop. Like Ramones did.We'll have good memories, I will... They certainly will too... will you remember them? remember what they mean? I certainly will... i know one day they will stop... not now. But I always will love them. :)

Dr.Faustus
04-11-2005, 11:56 AM
I just don't know. I think if they still are, it wouldn't be for much longer

notoriousdoc
04-11-2005, 11:58 AM
Dude thats awesome. I live maybe 10 minutes from Albany.

The Offspring will be around for a long time hopefully. By the way, does anyone know how old they are? i'm just a curious little boy :rolleyes:

about twenty years try this:

http://www.offspring.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Offspring.woa/wa/history

offspring kid
04-11-2005, 11:59 AM
i think 8 or 9 years but i really want them to play for like 20 YEARS WHICH WILL BE FUCKING CRAZY !

Evil-Dead
04-11-2005, 12:30 PM
2006 new tour
2007 break-up
2008 greatest hits album
2009 reunion tour
2010 new album

:D

Unnatural Disaster
04-11-2005, 02:31 PM
2006 new tour
2007 break-up
2008 greatest hits album
2009 reunion tour
2010 new album

:D

That would be weird since the greatest hits album is supposed to come out this year

0r4ng3
04-11-2005, 02:35 PM
2005 Greatest Hits
2006(or late 2005) new album
2006/2007 tour
2009 new album
2010 break up
________
Iolite portable vaporizer (http://iolitevaporizer.net/)

Evil-Dead
04-11-2005, 03:54 PM
That would be weird since the greatest hits album is supposed to come out this year

does it matter?