PDA

View Full Version : Offspring about Avril Lavigne?

Stylie
07-14-2008, 10:18 AM
Hey!

I mean I've heard about that The Offspring talked about Avril Lavigne, am I right? If so, what did they say/mean?
'Caus some of her songs has a bit punk sound? I don't know to much (but I know this xD) about her, just checked out some few videos right now.

KHWHD
07-14-2008, 10:45 AM
I know she's Canadian. :D

cool 2 hate 681
07-14-2008, 11:00 AM
in the le trabendo bootleg i hear them talk about her but i can't understand what they are saying :confused:

you can download it from here

http://offspringbootlegs.info/downloads/index.php?dir=audio/Live/%5B2008%5D%20Live%20From%20Le%20Trabendo%2C%20Pari s%2C%20France%202008.06.10/

shanna_guarana
07-14-2008, 11:19 AM
oh, god, I hate her and her music soooo much...avril=shakira=beyonse....if you even know who these are..:D

Rooster
07-14-2008, 11:29 AM
oh, god, I hate her and her music soooo much...avril=shakira=beyonse....if you even know who these are..:D

Oh, you're too hard on them... Those "i can't really sing, but i've got boobs" bitches just have to do something for a living...

edit: oh, and you forgot to mention shitney spears...

Stylie
07-14-2008, 11:30 AM
I know she's Canadian. :D
Heheh, I didn't. But your a Canadian yourself, I can see. ^^

in the le trabendo bootleg i hear them talk about her but i can't understand what they are saying :confused:

you can download it from here

http://offspringbootlegs.info/downloads/index.php?dir=audio/Live/%5B2008%5D%20Live%20From%20Le%20Trabendo%2C%20Pari s%2C%20France%202008.06.10/
You know what song?

I heard some songs now on youtube, and it's not BAD, I guess. Some songs are cool, some are not. Yeah, I've heard of Shakira and Beyonce, but never listened to them. Oh wait, I've heard a few Shakira songs, actually. Not bad. But now I'm a person that likes much music; pop, rock, country, techno & trance a bit and so on. But I HATE operah.

Capricorn4
07-14-2008, 11:35 AM
I never payed attention to her music,just not my taste.But it was funny watching all those teenage girls standing outside in the rain waiting for a delayed concert a week ago here in bp.They were obsessed with Avril.

Stylie
07-14-2008, 11:36 AM
Oh, you're too hard on them... Those "i can't really sing, but i've got boobs" bitches just have to do something for a living...

Oh, about that. Norwegian Lene Alexandra - DAMN I hate her! Have you guys seen or heard her? I can't listen to her when she's talking, and her songs sucks. Her first known song I think is "My boobs are ok". God I hate that women.

But is Avril Lavigne like that? I didn't think so. I read on wikipedia that she was spotted as a really good singer at young ages.

Stylie
07-14-2008, 11:37 AM
I never payed attention to her music,just not my taste.But it was funny watching all those teenage girls standing outside in the rain waiting for a delayed concert a week ago here in bp.They were obsessed with Avril.

Hahah, I can see it for me. :P

cool 2 hate 681
07-14-2008, 11:39 AM
You know what song?

at the end of Bad Habit dexter says i came here for the avril lavigne concert

Rooster
07-14-2008, 11:39 AM
...all those teenage girls standing outside in the rain...

HOT DAMN! :eek:

Mass wet t-shirt contest... I'm so horny now :D

Capricorn4
07-14-2008, 11:43 AM

:D Don't expect too much,they were only 12-13 something so the might not have a properly developed....so,you know what I mean:eek:

Autonomist
07-14-2008, 11:44 AM
all those teenage girls standing outside in the rain

All the girls standing in the line for the bathroom?

On the flipside I've heard Avril talk The Offspring, but nothing to really write home about. In an interview when she was starting out she said something about how Smash was one of her favourite albums, that she loves Self Esteem and how she has an Offspring shirt she loves because it fits perfectly.

Stylie
07-14-2008, 11:49 AM
at the end of Bad Habit dexter says i came here for the avril lavigne concert
I don't hear it. :confused:
Anyway, I mean that I've heard Dexter said something like "Avril is the modern/futures punk" blablabla, something like that. No one heard of something?

Hahah, you horny little pig. =D

On the flipside I've heard Avril talk The Offspring, but nothing to really write home about. In an interview when she was starting out she said something about how Smash was one of her favourite albums, that she loves Self Esteem and how she has an Offspring shirt she loves because it fits perfectly.
Oh, that's...cool? ^^

Rooster
07-14-2008, 11:49 AM
Oh, about that. Norwegian Lene Alexandra - DAMN I hate her! Have you guys seen or heard her? I can't listen to her when she's talking, and her songs sucks. Her first known song I think is "My boobs are ok". God I hate that women.

But is Avril Lavigne like that? I didn't think so. I read on wikipedia that she was spotted as a really good singer at young ages.

No, Avril is better than that (in my opinion at least, but i still don't listen to her, i heard only a few songs from her, from which one or two are listenable for me) and Shakira can actually sing, too (i'm just not into that kind of music, though), so my joke wasn't the best one.

Song "My boobs are ok"? WTF? LMFAO!!! If she's singing about her boobs, why she's saying they're JUST okay? If i had man boobs and i'd be singing about them, i'd sing "My male titties are great". Anyway, i really hate those biatches, who use their well formed (i had to admitt that :D) body instead of using their voice and singing talent (which i doubt they have) to attract fans...

Lene Alexandra? I've never heard of her before...

melan999
07-14-2008, 11:50 AM
i know she fucks deryck from sum 41

i also know she sucks his dick 24/ 7
i also know she should suck mine too

The Search Button
07-14-2008, 11:51 AM
I'm about to puke.

Just tell me that this is a nightmare and I haven't seen the name of TheOffspring and Lavigne in the same sentence.

Please, just, you know, yeah.

Rooster
07-14-2008, 11:51 AM
:D Don't expect too much,they were only 12-13 something so the might not have a properly developed....so,you know what I mean:eek:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

My life has been ruined...:(

Stylie
07-14-2008, 11:52 AM
No, Avril is better than that (in my opinion at least, but i still don't listen to her, i heard only a few songs from her, from which one or two are listenable for me) and Shakira can actually sing, too (i'm just not into that kind of music, though), so my joke wasn't the best one.

Song "My boobs are ok"? WTF? LMFAO!!! If she's singing about her boobs, why she's saying they're JUST okay? If i had man boobs and i'd be singing about them, i'd sing "My male titties are great". Anyway, i really hate those biatches, who use their well formed (i had to admitt that :D) body instead of using their voice and singing talent (which i doubt they have) to attract fans...

Lene Alexandra? I've never heard of her before...
I understand.

Yup, Lene Alexandra. Well, maybe she has a great body, but I can't stand her. She's so freaking...gah. I'll try to find a interview or something where she talks, and that song, I'll fin it for you. JUST FOR YOU! xD

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aqGrgaQsIIE
Omg... -_-

shanna_guarana
07-14-2008, 11:53 AM

hah...I guess so...and about the shitney spears...

shitney spears also showed up as the greatest young American singer...the greatest voice...hahah...:D

I heard some songs now on youtube, and it's not BAD, I guess. Some songs are cool, some are not. Yeah, I've heard of Shakira and Beyonce, but never listened to them. Oh wait, I've heard a few Shakira songs, actually. Not bad. But now I'm a person that likes much music; pop, rock, country, techno & trance a bit and so on. But I HATE operah.

it's not bad...it's disgusting.:D..but everybody has different taste...

never heard of her...but sounds familiar...hah......:D

shanna_guarana
07-14-2008, 11:54 AM
am I the only one who wants her to shut up...? :D

Conspiracyof1000
07-14-2008, 11:54 AM
I'm about to puke.

Just tell me that this is a nightmare and I haven't seen the name of TheOffspring and Lavigne in the same sentence.

Please, just, you know, yeah.

It's not a nightmare, it's much, much worse....
They're not just in the same sentence...
It's a whole thread!

drummerbecca
07-14-2008, 11:57 AM
she has an Offspring shirt she loves because it fits perfectly.

OHMYGOD!!! I've never wanted to punch that girl in the face anymore than I do right now. Seriously. What a fucking airhead.

The Search Button
07-14-2008, 11:58 AM
It's not a nightmare, it's much, much worse....
They're not just in the same sentence...
It's a whole thread!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAArrrrHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

This whole thread is haunted!

Run for your lives! Children and Forum Gimmicks first!

Stylie
07-14-2008, 11:58 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_Hprx-EVqS8
What a bitch.... -_-

Stylie
07-14-2008, 12:00 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAArrrrHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

This whole thread is haunted!

Run for your lives! Children and Forum Gimmicks first!
Hahah. xD
But seriously, I mean I heard Dexter talked about Avril. And that was positive talking.

Capricorn4
07-14-2008, 12:01 PM
Hahah. xD
But seriously, I mean I heard Dexter talked about Avril. And that was positive talking.

Maybe he was sarcastic again as he generally.

Stylie
07-14-2008, 12:02 PM
Maybe he was sarcastic again as he generally.

Maybe, he's good at that. ;p

Rooster
07-14-2008, 12:09 PM
Omg... -_-

WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!?

http://www.offspring.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=105&pictureid=628

Little_Miss_1565
07-14-2008, 12:15 PM

Okay, Avril and Britney can't actually sing and rely on computers to fix their vocal takes. Britney's voice is nearly entirely computer assisted.

But Beyonce and Shakira can actually sing, and they're really good at it. You don't have to like their music, but you can't say they can't sing.

Rooster
07-14-2008, 12:30 PM
Okay, Avril and Britney can't actually sing and rely on computers to fix their vocal takes. Britney's voice is nearly entirely computer assisted.

But Beyonce and Shakira can actually sing, and they're really good at it. You don't have to like their music, but you can't say they can't sing.

You are right, my comparison was stupid. but i wrote in one of my later posts about that already, in case you overlooked:

I think that Beyonce can sing too, but as i said, i'm not really into that type of music.

The Search Button
07-14-2008, 12:37 PM

They can also shake their booties. And that, I may add, is a serious plus.

Redjie
07-14-2008, 12:44 PM
I can't believe there's actually a thread "mixing" Offspring with this. Dude... And why are you people saying bad things about that "my boobs are okay" song? It made me laugh about how empty some people's heads are. And sinc it made me laugh, it's okay :D:rolleyes: Just kidding. But I'm serious, I haven't heard anything yet but I really hope Dexter was using his oh-so-common sarcasm.

Rooster
07-14-2008, 12:45 PM
They can also shake their booties. And that, I may add, is a serious plus.

You are right here, because they attract a lot of new fans this way, i think. Knowing how to sing only is not good for music business today i guess, because in that case The Offspring would be on the top (Dexter's voice is just too good to describe). If those female singers wouldn't have good shaped body, they'd have 50% fans less than now (and that's why i feel sorry for their fans - they like the image more than the music)

Stylie
07-14-2008, 12:51 PM
I can't believe there's actually a thread "mixing" Offspring with this. Dude... And why are you people saying bad things about that "my boobs are okay" song? It made me laugh about how empty some people's heads are. And sinc it made me laugh, it's okay :D:rolleyes: Just kidding. But I'm serious, I haven't heard anything yet but I really hope Dexter was using his oh-so-common sarcasm.

Well I am deply sorry for making this thread then, okay? And yeah, I mean I've heard Dexter saying something about Avril Lavigne, that's why I maked the whole thread. Everything Dexter says is interesting - my thought. And no, I'm not a fan of Avril, I NEVER listened to her, I just saw a few videos on youtube now, and that's why I came up with that about Dexter.

And no, I don't understand why it's so fucking awful to make this thread. (?)

And yeah, that poor little thing Lene Alexandra SUX. ^^

EDIT: and, and, and... xD

Redjie
07-14-2008, 12:53 PM
The first idea was not bad but it kinda lead people to talk about avril & shakira & beyonc & that lene alexandra too much. :cool:

medi01
07-14-2008, 01:04 PM
i dont like avril, nor do i hate her, but her cover of spongebob squarepants is pretty damn awesome :D

Stylie
07-14-2008, 01:24 PM
The first idea was not bad but it kinda lead people to talk about avril & shakira & beyonc & that lene alexandra too much. :cool:
True. But it's natural, it just bloopes out you know. :P

i dont like avril, nor do i hate her, but her cover of spongebob squarepants is pretty damn awesome :D
Haaahh, great.

Gustavo
07-14-2008, 01:27 PM
As far as I heard, they said in the Le Trabendo concert this year, they were there only for the AL concert. But they said it as a joke, she was playing in the same day in Paris, in a place very close to Le Trabendo

cool 2 hate 681
07-14-2008, 02:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq1xGcFC45k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNqXlJjHYvU

hahahaha

As far as I heard, they said in the Le Trabendo concert this year, they were there only for the AL concert. But they said it as a joke, she was playing in the same day in Paris, in a place very close to Le Trabendo

lol i get it now:D

medi01
07-14-2008, 02:26 PM

hahahaha

hmm it wasnt that bad...i like blink and green day, dont like avril, but it wasnt bad

Stylie
07-14-2008, 02:39 PM

hahahaha

Yeah, that was actually a bit good. Njah, I don't think I like Blink or Sum41, but Green Day? Yeah, I like that much better.

I don't understand you that says she can't sing, and this song was actually pretty damn good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66MFvu4-VaA&feature=related

Uh, we're offtopic now...

Redjie
07-14-2008, 03:17 PM
She totally messes up that Green Day song. IDC about blink though.

But we're talking about Dexter saing some shit about Lavigne... :cool:

dff_punk
07-14-2008, 04:14 PM
I understand.

Yup, Lene Alexandra. Well, maybe she has a great body, but I can't stand her. She's so freaking...gah. I'll try to find a interview or something where she talks, and that song, I'll fin it for you. JUST FOR YOU! xD

Omg... -_-

Oh my God. Oh. My. Fucking. God.

Conspiracyof1000
07-14-2008, 04:17 PM
I'm too afraid to even watch the video now...

Rooster
07-14-2008, 04:29 PM

I'm considering changing my signature into "My boobs, my boobs, my boobs are okay..." :D:D:D

Cock Joke
07-14-2008, 05:01 PM
(but I know this xD)

Avril lavene's shit is fuuuuuuuuuuucked up!

Seriously tho, it might have something to do with her God-awful rendition of Self Esteem.

Cock Joke
07-14-2008, 05:03 PM
Oh whoops! I was thinking of evanessence! I guess it's easy to confuse the two because they both suck!

Stylie
07-14-2008, 05:09 PM
Mhm.

I'm considering changing my signature into "My boobs, my boobs, my boobs are okay..." :D:D:D
Hahahah, seriously, that made me laugh. xD
DO IT! I'm used to it, 'caus she's norwegian so I've heard it some times. It's awfull.

Seriously tho, it might have something to do with her God-awful rendition of Self Esteem.
Huh? Is it something I don't know about here?

Jakebert
07-14-2008, 05:21 PM
i know she fucks deryck from sum 41

i also know she sucks his dick 24/ 7
i also know she should suck mine too

Your theories interest me, and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

shanna_guarana
07-14-2008, 05:26 PM
why are we even discussing her..? she's not worth it...

Stylie
07-14-2008, 05:35 PM
she's not worth it...

Can someone tell me why everyone is against her? Maybe I be to, if you tell me.
I've heard some few songs now, some I like, some I don't. But I don't hate her.

..just to keep it a bit ontopic again, anyone heard about that Dexter may have said about Avril? :P

Rooster
07-14-2008, 05:38 PM
Hahahah, seriously, that made me laugh. xD
DO IT! I'm used to it, 'caus she's norwegian so I've heard it some times. It's awfull.

I don't know, the signature i have now are the most legendary quotes from this guy (not rick roll, trust me) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX50TwIIBPs&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viJcqGQC7y8&feature=related

So i think it'll stay as it is for now, since he's a legend... Btw, how do you change what it says below your user name (mine now says "senior member") to something else?

Anyway, off-topic. The original idea to start this thread was not so bad, and look whhat did this thread develop into now... Well, at least you can have a lauhg while reading some comments :D

shanna_guarana
07-14-2008, 05:39 PM

cause she's just a marionette...?:cool:

Conspiracyof1000
07-14-2008, 05:40 PM
So i think it'll stay as it is for now, since he's a legend... Btw, how do you change what it says below your user name (mine now says "senior member") to something else?

Get 500 posts, then go to Edit Details on the user control panel and there should be a little box you can put in whatever you want.

Rooster
07-14-2008, 05:44 PM
Get 500 posts, then go to Edit Details on the user control panel and there should be a little box you can put in whatever you want.

thanx ;) I'm just a bit more than a half way to it then...

... and THEN i'll just put what it says in my current signature up there, and change the sig into "My boobs...", cause i'd like to keep them both :D

SK8rocka
07-14-2008, 08:48 PM

So i think any offspring fan would wait in the rain for a concert.....but avril is not worth getting wet for.

Rooster
07-15-2008, 03:50 AM
Aaagh, fuck it, i changed my sig... Just for Stylie.... But it contains hidden message (extreeeemly deeeep message) :D

RageAndLov
07-15-2008, 04:26 AM

..just to keep it a bit ontopic again, anyone heard about that Dexter may have said about Avril? :P

one reasone to hate her, is because she was playing/singing only fjortisspunk music (has later turned to popp music). I cant stand fjortisspunk/high school rock bands like blink 182 or sum 41, makes me nauscious!

and if dexter has said anything about avril being the scene of punk's new something, then he had to be sarcastic, because avril and punk hasn't got anything to do with each other!

btw, i saw avril covering self esteem on youtube, but the film was removed for some reason :/

Tonza
07-15-2008, 06:33 AM
Hmm now I see what's going on! We know that big btits sell better. So Dexter is trying to improve their sales by growing his own boobs!

I bet they'll become huge again after they shoot a music video with Dex performing in it!!

Stylie
07-15-2008, 02:07 PM
one reasone to hate her, is because she was playing/singing only fjortisspunk music (has later turned to popp music). I cant stand fjortisspunk/high school rock bands like blink 182 or sum 41, makes me nauscious!

btw, i saw avril covering self esteem on youtube, but the film was removed for some reason :/

I don't have the sence for Blink or Sum41 either, but some songs that Avril has is really good, and not "fjortis"punk (tror forresten ikke andre forstr hva du mener med FJORTISpunk, hahah). I have obviously not heard averyone, hahah. ^^

Stylie
07-15-2008, 02:16 PM
Aaagh, fuck it, i changed my sig... Just for Stylie.... But it contains hidden message (extreeeemly deeeep message) :D

Hahah, great. You're the star. ;D

Rooster
07-15-2008, 02:18 PM
Hahah, great. You're the star. ;D

I know. And my boobs are okay.

Stylie
07-15-2008, 03:45 PM
I know. And my boobs are okay.

O rly?
Btw, you heard about Lene Alexandra? No?

iPunk247
07-16-2008, 12:23 AM
actually they did said something sweet about avril lavigne check out YOUTUBE

Stylie
07-16-2008, 07:53 AM
actually they did said something sweet about avril lavigne check out YOUTUBE

You heard about it? 'Caus I am so sure that they said something positive, actually.
EDIT: I don't find anything on youtube.

iPunk247
07-16-2008, 10:10 PM
You heard about it? 'Caus I am so sure that they said something positive, actually.
EDIT: I don't find anything on youtube.

oops my bad. clicky @ teh linky please & thank you.
|edits| its @ teh end though just patiently watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRv5dAiVZEc

Stylie
07-16-2008, 11:34 PM
oops my bad. clicky @ teh linky please & thank you.
|edits| its @ teh end though just patiently watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRv5dAiVZEc
Gonna watch it later, thanks.

Stylie
07-17-2008, 10:46 AM
Ohhhh man, it's dubbed. That's the lamest thing ever. -_-

Seems like a very nice interview, though. Anyone speak that language, who can traslate genereally what they say? btw, I haven't come to that about Lavril yet.

EDIT: So! Can anyone translate generallt what they say, and that about avril?

iPunk247
07-18-2008, 12:57 AM
Gonna watch it later, thanks.

n0 pr0blem. :cool::D

iPunk247
07-18-2008, 01:00 AM
Ohhhh man, it's dubbed. That's the lamest thing ever. -_-

Seems like a very nice interview, though. Anyone speak that language, who can traslate genereally what they say? btw, I haven't come to that about Lavril yet.

EDIT: So! Can anyone translate generallt what they say, and that about avril?

sorry. but i dunn0. can someone help this human out please & thank you. XD

teh whole thing about miss thang "'Avril Lavigne'" as long as it was positive :)

Count Orlok
07-18-2008, 06:12 AM
I cant stand her & her "music".She looks just like a wannabe poser bitch,who tries to be "punk".

randman21
07-18-2008, 06:52 AM
"She's great, she's got a great voice, she's good on stage, but she's certainly not punk," is what Noodles says about Avril. And Dexter says "Probably not."

Stylie
07-18-2008, 07:28 AM
sorry. but i dunn0. can someone help this human out please & thank you. XD

teh whole thing about miss thang "'Avril Lavigne'" as long as it was positive :)
:)

"She's great, she's got a great voice, she's good on stage, but she's certainly not punk," is what Noodles says about Avril. And Dexter says "Probably not."
Really? Thanks. So they said something positive. And I heard in an interview that Avril never sayd she was punk. But I don't know much about that, don't care. Anyway, I think she has a great voice (listen to this! http://youtube.com/watch?v=66MFvu4-VaA). Some songs I don't like, some songs I like. I really don't have nothing against her. Well, thread completed. :)