PDA

View Full Version : Rise and Fall and Fix you live...

Lord_Gabo
07-14-2008, 02:51 PM
In my head out of mind i was thinking about a live show like smash era....

would you that on a live stage they starting playing American Idiot and follow with RISE AND FALL?

and on fix you? simply starting jokin on when september ends?!

Conspiracyof1000
07-14-2008, 03:00 PM
I would laugh so hard. I love the Basket Case/Self Esteem thing. :D

SK8rocka
07-14-2008, 09:40 PM
That Would Be Epic

Anka
07-15-2008, 03:20 AM
that would be great...maybe because I really wanna hear these songs live

ad8
07-15-2008, 03:25 AM
Well, it would be funny. Good ol' times when they started Self Esteem like that...

ThunderPX
07-15-2008, 06:09 AM
I also recall something like this:

"How about we play It'll Be A Long Time by Green Day?"
*plays Basket Case*
"Oops, wrong band!"

medi01
07-15-2008, 07:51 AM
no...that wudnt be too good IMO especially not fix you and wakes me up ... there not that similar

brothadave79
07-15-2008, 09:51 AM
Terrible, terrible idea. It would almost be the band saying they ripped the songs off by starting with a Green Day song from a few years ago and playing a similar Offspring song from RAFRAG.

At least Dookie and Smash were nearly simultaneous.

Free?
07-15-2008, 10:04 AM
Terrible, terrible idea. It would almost be the band saying they ripped the songs off by starting with a Green Day song from a few years ago and playing a similar Offspring song from RAFRAG.

At least Dookie and Smash were nearly simultaneous.

But if Rise And Fall is really addressed to Green Day, then it would make some more sense than just "ripped off", and, come on, everybody did notice how similar American Idiot and Rise And Fall are.

brothadave79
07-15-2008, 10:12 AM
But if Rise And Fall is really addressed to Green Day, then it would make some more sense than just "ripped off", and, come on, everybody did notice how similar American Idiot and Rise And Fall are.

Whether some people think it makes more sense not, the Offspring have never commented on it in any way that wholly supports it being a criticism of Green Day. By starting with American Idiot and then transitioning to Rise and Fall, they open themselves up to criticism and accusations they'd be bringing upon themselves. That's all.

Rutegard
07-15-2008, 10:22 AM
those 2 song would be great live....however....i'd like to hear something else...like burn it up and crossroads