PDA

View Full Version : new sound of the offspring

melan999
07-14-2008, 04:52 PM
Maybe its just me that has been feeling a little nostalgic over the old sound the offspring used to have.

donīt get me wrong i love the new songs, i think they are still very strong and also believe dexter has improved on his writing.

but still i wish there was aliitle bit more agression or that sense of sarcasm the offspring delivered on albums previous to splinter.

that is my opinion, if you donīt agree i could care less.

Ninty Man
07-14-2008, 07:58 PM
Maybe its just me that has been feeling a little nostalgic over the old sound the offspring used to have.

donīt get me wrong i love the new songs, i think they are still very strong and also believe dexter has improved on his writing.

but still i wish there was aliitle bit more agression or that sense of sarcasm the offspring delivered on albums previous to splinter.

Well... we could care even less about your opinion

KHWHD
07-14-2008, 08:04 PM
I don't know if it's me but I find some of the new songs from their new album are "heavier" than their old stuff. Does that make any sense?

Ninty Man
07-14-2008, 08:14 PM
I don't know if it's me but I find some of the new songs from their new album are "heavier" than their old stuff. Does that make any sense?

They are darker and cynical in some aspects... Trust in you is really bad ass, and rise and fall is, well MMM, kinda heave

cool 2 hate 681
07-14-2008, 08:18 PM
i think self titled will always be the darkest album

Bipolar Bear
07-14-2008, 09:38 PM

Yeah, I completely agree. Their new album is awesome in a different way than the others, and is less aggressive in a lot of songs (not all of them though). It's something new, and something good. I don't think I feel nostalgic, since when I want to listen to their older stuff I still can, and songs such as Shit is Fucked Up still contain a lot of sarcasm and aggressiveness.

Stylie
07-15-2008, 12:36 PM
Every album they have has its own sound.

Rooster
07-15-2008, 01:35 PM
Every album they have has its own sound.

And that's why i like them all, because they never get old if each one has different sound.

Hombre316
07-15-2008, 02:07 PM
thats one of the great things about this band. there sound tends to vary from cd to cd. i mean think about it. how often when we're describing them or something we've done are we like well i really like how this sounded during the ignition era, and during the smash era this was awesome and then during the ixnay era there sound was *fill in the blank*, and it goes on.

Stylie
07-15-2008, 02:57 PM
And that's why i like them all, because they never get old if each one has different sound.

Mhm, it's just good that RAFRAG again has another a bit another sound.
New sound on each album, but still Offspring. They're good at that. :D

melan999
07-15-2008, 05:31 PM
thats one of the great things about this band. there sound tends to vary from cd to cd. i mean think about it. how often when we're describing them or something we've done are we like well i really like how this sounded during the ignition era, and during the smash era this was awesome and then during the ixnay era there sound was *fill in the blank*, and it goes on.

IXNAY IS ONE OF MY FAVORITES