PDA

View Full Version : Controversal Offspring songs!

Mr. Noodles
01-10-2005, 10:36 PM
What's the most...........hhhmmmmm...... controversal Offspring song?
And I mean things like Beheaded, Cool to Hate, and Burn it Up!
They've got lots of controversal songs, which is your favorite?
Mine? Bad Habit!

Leo_ARG
01-10-2005, 10:38 PM
Mine? Bad Habit!

Kill the president

dirtybird
01-10-2005, 11:03 PM
i dont know if one fine day fits.. if it does, than that. i think it's controversial because you can look at it from the standpoint they're jsut talking about fun stuff, or from the point since dexter is a fairly big political activist he is making fun of rednecks and such.

although beheaded would be a close second.. and gaining everyday.

Dexterina
01-11-2005, 12:35 AM
Mine is Kill The President. I mean, they even had to take that song off the album!

4eh
01-11-2005, 12:52 AM
All their controversal songs are my favourite

ATOM_01
01-11-2005, 12:52 AM
all I know is that I got kicked out of a chatroom today for flooding it with the lyrics from Beheaded (please do not promote violence in here, blah blah)

4eh
01-11-2005, 12:58 AM
where did you get your signature ^?

ATOM_01
01-11-2005, 04:04 AM
where did you get your signature ^?

me?

(blah blah blah 10 characters)

sgwt_greg
01-11-2005, 07:46 AM
D.U.I
LAPD
Bad Habit

Mr. Noodles
01-11-2005, 08:00 AM
i dont know if one fine day fits.. if it does, than that. i think it's controversial because you can look at it from the standpoint they're jsut talking about fun stuff, or from the point since dexter is a fairly big political activist he is making fun of rednecks and such.

although beheaded would be a close second.. and gaining everyday.

Controversal as in songs that are about violence and dsteruction.

Killb0y
01-11-2005, 09:14 AM
think harder..... can't think of anything else? Well I'll tell ya: TEHRAN. Get it? No? Well the whole song has great lyrics....... exept for oooone tiny moment:
GREAT SATAN! GREAT SATAN! GREAT SATAAAAAN!
Once I thought: 'what's up with that?'. Well now it doesn't disturb me anymore :D (I'm not saying I'm a satanist :D)

Gabriel
01-11-2005, 09:15 AM
I think about 'leave it behind', someone can interprate the lyrics as 'leave the rage, it gonna ruins you'- it's not punk
:confused:

Leo_ARG
01-11-2005, 09:40 AM
I think about 'leave it behind', someone can interprate the lyrics as 'leave the rage, it gonna ruins you'- it's not punk
:confused:

That's not un-punk, if it gives you freedom it is punk.

THe most un-punk song is Walla Walla.I love that song but "reahabilitate with all the others". Since when you can get better in prison, it only makes you worse.

extraordinarygoodgrocer
01-11-2005, 10:56 AM

THe most un-punk song is Walla Walla.I love that song but "reahabilitate with all the others". Since when you can get better in prison, it only makes you worse.

'In this scheme of life we're all just brothers,
Rehablitate with all the others,'

I think they're actually being critical of the prison system here. Because it doesn't always work as it should. They are saying the same as you, Leo_ARG that prison can make someone worse.

But mostly, the songs about people wasting their life with petty crime.

Talman
01-11-2005, 11:03 AM
Mine? Bad Habit!

LAPD is their most controversial song in my opinion.
________
Penny stocks (http://pennystockpicks.net/)

Mr. Noodles
01-11-2005, 01:10 PM
LAPD is their most controversial song in my opinion.
L.A.P.D. is a pretty damn controversal song!
So is Beheaded! A song about chopping peoples head's off is pretty controversal!

And what about Burn it Up? A song about setting things on fire!

Floyd the Barber
01-11-2005, 01:33 PM
Mine is Kill The President. I mean, they even had to take that song off the album!

Did they do that just cause they wanted to? Or were they pressured into taking it off?

Noodles is gay
01-11-2005, 01:36 PM
'Islam be damned!' - Tehran

I'm really surprised some islamic person hasn't realized that and got it banned or something pathetic. :(

delboy
01-11-2005, 01:44 PM
think harder..... can't think of anything else? Well I'll tell ya: TEHRAN. Get it? No? Well the whole song has great lyrics....... exept for oooone tiny moment:
GREAT SATAN! GREAT SATAN! GREAT SATAAAAAN!
Once I thought: 'what's up with that?'. Well now it doesn't disturb me anymore :D (I'm not saying I'm a satanist :D)
Maybe The Offspring meant it to be a subliminal message but they got lazy :D

Moose
01-11-2005, 01:49 PM
do you understand the lyrics people? i see stupid comments...when he says islam be damned he is saying it in the perspective of an ignorant fool, basically the fool being the president. in walla walla, first off the whole unpunk thing just makes you look to stupid, and second that song isnt supposed to be taken so seriously, it is just a joke saying now you are going to be with all the other fuckers you sucker. and controversial are songs that should be more serious, i dont see beheaded as that controversial, except for really strict nuns, no one cares its a fun song. songs like lapd, tehran, kill the president are controversial songs because they may take an unpopular stance or be edgy. cool to hate can be considered controversial as well, because people are too stupid to realize its true meaning, plus i once heard that that was one of the songs people blamed for the colombine thing, along with manson and such...even though the kids hated manson, but whatever.

Obie2trice
01-11-2005, 01:53 PM
DUI
Kill The President

Noodles is gay
01-11-2005, 01:57 PM
do you understand the lyrics people? i see stupid comments...when he says islam be damned he is saying it in the perspective of an ignorant fool, basically the fool being the president.

I know! You obviously haven't seen the state of the nanny state recently! I am actually genuinely surprised, i know what dex meant but do the islams? They could say it's inciting racial hatred or summat.

Moose
01-11-2005, 01:58 PM
hmm...maybe they dont listen to the offspring....or maybe they dont know the song...either way, fuck em.

Offspring Pyro
01-11-2005, 03:16 PM
DUI right now...

killboypwrheadjx
01-11-2005, 03:51 PM
i dont really know of any offspring songs that have actually caused a real controversy. i guess "keep em separated." we all know the story about agent orange trying to sue the band for "stealing" their rift from them. thats the closest an actual SONG they made ever came to a controversy.

Leo_ARG
01-11-2005, 03:55 PM
DUI right now...

What's DUI? :confused: Sorry for my ignorance.

killboypwrheadjx
01-11-2005, 03:59 PM
What's DUI? :confused: Sorry for my ignorance.
that badass song on the i know what you did last summer soundtrack. one of my favorites.

Talman
01-11-2005, 04:04 PM
DUI is driving under the influence. The song is from the perspective of someone who's driving under influence.
________
VAPORIZER (http://vaporizers.tv/)

leo3375
01-11-2005, 04:26 PM
My favorite controversial song is probably "Bad Habit."

noodle654
01-11-2005, 05:31 PM
My favorite....

Bad Habit
D.U.I.
Tehran (or baghdad)

vintagepunkrock7
01-11-2005, 11:37 PM
well like most have said all ready, kill the president, L.A.P.D., Tehran, but one song that i think is alittle contorversial that no1 has mentioned is way down the line.

JohnnyNemesis
01-11-2005, 11:49 PM

True.

The whole Walla Walla song is a joke though, it's just sarcasm, so they realize this and were saying it there.

Killb0y
01-12-2005, 09:44 AM
I still say Tehran with that 'great satan' stuff :D

Walks
01-13-2005, 06:10 AM
Fuck some of you are idiots, The offspring are one of the most politically active punks bands to date, while man other punks bands sings song to winge about things the offspring are putting a point out there. If you havent noticed, some of the songs that you guys call controversal, are actually fun songs, just there to be funny, im suprise one of you fuck heads havent said the 'discalimer' as a controversal song. The offspring may talk in first person, but it is to get peoples attention. If you dont listen to the words,a nd feel the music what the fuck do you listen to?

Tehran
01-13-2005, 09:25 AM
um... i'd have to say kill the president.

dirtybird
01-13-2005, 08:10 PM
Controversal as in songs that are about violence and dsteruction.

oh ok. then beheaded's the best.

Mr. Noodles
01-13-2005, 08:13 PM
oh ok. then beheaded's the best.
Yep!
You agree with me!

dirtybird
01-13-2005, 08:15 PM
im wondering if listening to beheaded on repeat can mess w/ your head..

TMDGJ
01-14-2005, 12:39 PM
the most controversial song has to be kill the president. My favorite controversial song though is LAPD. Even though i dont live in US i like the criticism on the police. The lyrics are just so damn good. DOnt know if Beheaded are so controversial either. I think its more sick humour, like Walla Walla, only Walla Walla is real humour and sarcasm.

extraordinarygoodgrocer
01-14-2005, 01:40 PM
im wondering if listening to beheaded on repeat can mess w/ your head..

Only one way to find out :D

I've had an idea. I...I think I'll build a guilotene!

Americana
01-14-2005, 02:52 PM
D.U.I

fuck, the 10 charectors rule

mrconeman
01-14-2005, 03:58 PM
Well theres lots, cant beleive no one mentiond the kids arent alright yet, it touches on death, drugs and teenage pregnancy

Unnatural Disaster
01-14-2005, 07:17 PM
LAPD, Burn It up, Kill the President, Beheaded, and Bad Habit

original_____prankster
01-14-2005, 07:36 PM
deffinately the kids arent allright it talks about lots of "bad" things and it has got some killer guitar parts in it

Moose
01-14-2005, 08:14 PM
i give up on the youth.

Chrijs
01-14-2005, 08:37 PM
L.A.P.D.
Cool To Hate
Beheaded

killboypwrheadjx
01-15-2005, 08:44 AM
um... i'd have to say kill the president.
AWESOME avatar...hail to the king baby.