PDA

View Full Version : Do you think the country in which you live is the best in the world?

Curious George
07-15-2008, 05:28 AM
I live in usa and i don't think we're the best country in the world, it's so embarrasing how so many people rant on that it is, but for "the best country in the world" we sure have a lot of things wrong with us.
What country are you from? thoughts?

Camilamazed
07-15-2008, 05:34 AM
Nature-wise I think it's the best. We do not have to worry about extreme weather, hurricanes, earthquakes or anythinjg for that matter... But when it comes to people, education, politics... Better forget it..

I'm from Brazil, by the way.

wheelchairman
07-15-2008, 05:46 AM
And you're talking about Brazil right?

Denmark isn't the best. The best would be Dubai and being a native there. But Denmark is as close as it gets for us white non muslim oil countries.

Rooster
07-15-2008, 05:54 AM
There's no such thing as the best country (or the worst) in the world. You know who thinks that their country is better than the others? Nationalists and racists (of whichever country they live in).

Little_Miss_1565
07-15-2008, 07:56 AM
The best would be Dubai and being a native there.

...only if you're a man.

0r4ng3
07-15-2008, 08:17 AM
Since July 4 was about two weeks ago, then no, I don't think I live in the best country in the world.

AMERICA! FUCK MAYBE!

Blitzkrieg Bop
07-15-2008, 08:45 AM
I love the country I live in ... South Africa, it has the most beautiful landscapes and the people are great.

But as far the politics and socio-economic problems are concerned, it does kinda ruin it :(

I believe that every country has its good points and its bad ones, so no, I don't think that I live in the best country in the world for such a thing does not exist.

medi01
07-15-2008, 08:48 AM
i like livin in the england, but there is no 'best' country, all countries have advantages and disadvantages.

Bipolar Bear
07-15-2008, 09:50 AM
I love my country (Canada). To me it's the best place :cool:
I realize that overall it isn't really.
If there was a "best country", and it was determined by standard of life,
it would probably go along the lines of Sweden or something like that.

ad8
07-15-2008, 10:11 AM
and the people are great.

Umm... really? :D

I also think that there is no best country in the world. Germany is ok concerning the landscape. But the society and the people are fucked up.

Nina
07-15-2008, 10:46 AM
I think this is quite an interesting question but I am not sure how anybody can answer it with a single sentence though. Well I couldnt.
It really depends what you find important in your environment. Your prefession also matters, and so on and so on.

What I find important is a good infrastructure. Many European countries have that so I find that enjoyable. Food prices are important to me. Skandinavian countries for instance are super expensive in that area. I enjoy pretty landscapes....though what I find beautiful seems to change all the time. There are many more factors, but that's how far I'd like to take the details.

Germany is not the best country for me at all, but there are certain aspects about it that I find superior (one of them being the welfare system).

My gut instinct says Japan is amazing. Safe, generally clean, I like their culture and their food, prices arent *that* expensive, and it has many many many faces. You're at a good place with most professions I can think of (means, you'll prolly find a job) and it has a great infrastructure, at least in the big cities, I dont know about their very small villages.

Drafan
07-15-2008, 11:29 AM
Czech republic sure isnīt the best country. But we have not problems with hurricanes or earthquakes, we have got hale nature and quite broad-minded society. i donīt want to live anywhere else.

My gut instinct says Japan is amazing. Safe, generally clean, I like their culture and their food, prices arent *that* expensive, and it has many many many faces. You're at a good place with most professions I can think of (means, you'll prolly find a job) and it has a great infrastructure, at least in the big cities, I dont know about their very small villages.

But I got the impression form TV life in the big Japan cities is often hectic and hasty, the employees overworked and nervous. The culture itself is amazing.

Rooster
07-15-2008, 11:48 AM
Czech republic sure isnīt the best country. But we have not problems with hurricanes or earthquakes...

Lucky you. We had such bad weather in Slovenia for two days, we had powerfull hail storms allover the whole country. The hail stones destroyed everything, the plants, the crop fields, even the roofs of the buildings. We also had some TORNADOES (the second time we had tornadoes in two or three weeks), and because of them about a quater of the forrests in Slovenia has been destroyed. The damage costs are enormous. The weather metheorologists said we will have to get used to tornadoes, looks like we'll have many more of them. Luckily my home village didn't get hit that hard (here we only had hail storms, but tornadoes were only about 30 kilometers away or so)... Shit is fucked up.

Blitzkrieg Bop
07-15-2008, 12:22 PM

Yeah, I live there ;)

Seriously, you do get all types of people here, like everywhere else but generally speaking, the average citizen are great people. We have a huge diversity of cultures and most of us live in peace and harmony :)

Offspring-Junkie
07-15-2008, 12:25 PM
Austria is pretty... fine, I love it. I don't know anything bad to tell about my country. Well, that guy who started WW2 was born here, but that's all. And our folk music is terrible. And we have too many old people here. Ok, that's all.

Nina
07-15-2008, 12:28 PM
But I got the impression form TV life in the big Japan cities is often hectic and hasty, the employees overworked and nervous. The culture itself is amazing.

That is true. It is quite common to see people on the train/metro/whatever fall asleep. That is obviously a negative thing but I love big and hectic cities. It makes me really happy. Being overworked sucks though, but I guess it cannot be generalized that in Japan everyone is exhausted from work?

F@ BANKZ
07-15-2008, 12:55 PM
I think that there is no way of knowing, but I would very much doubt it. I do love the foliage of the country; I have been to many European countries and I don't think any of them are rivals in beauty, however, that is quite possibly because the scenery is homely to me. It is historically interesting too, which is nice. Other than that I cannot think of anything significant to recommend Britain for, other than that it isn’t France.

Free?
07-15-2008, 01:40 PM
You can find allmost every country the best one if you are wealthy or/and if you have found a perfect way to live. My country, Latvia, has ways too many holes to be the best. I guess the better the country is, the less it's people have to work to live like they want. That's only one side of what "the best country" should have.

Ryder1234
07-15-2008, 03:01 PM
I love my country (Canada). To me it's the best place :cool:
I realize that overall it isn't really.

when you think about it from any other country's point of view...
... you realize that, "oh yeah, this is Canada" :rolleyes::p

why do we have such a bad reputation? :(

0r4ng3
07-15-2008, 03:03 PM
A bad reputation? I dunno, I always thought you guys were pretty cool.

jacknife737
07-15-2008, 03:15 PM

I haven't really encountered anything negative when travelling outside the country. The worst being some Europeans seem to think everyone lives like they do in Iqualuit, but that's about it.

Llamas
07-15-2008, 03:25 PM
when you think about it from any other country's point of view...
... you realize that, "oh yeah, this is Canada" :rolleyes::p

I don't think there's a bad reputation for Canada. Americans like to poke fun at Canada for being America Jr, but I've only ever heard it jokingly. And it's actually common for Americans to pretend to be Canadian when traveling in Europe, because people are more friendly toward Canadians.

All that said, to me Canada doesn't sound particularly exciting, but I'm sure it'd be different if I went. Especially because it's such a large country.

Edit: Obviously no country can be the best, and I don't think anyone could ever even determine an absolute favorite. Our lives are too short to give every country an equal chance.

Bipolar Bear
07-15-2008, 03:28 PM
I don't think Canada has a bad reputation...I just wish people knew more about it. Those who summarize it as moose, lumberjacks and maple syrup are really ignorant (but kind of amusing). A lot of things (laws and such) are better than in USA, for example no death sentence (I mean, death sentence, wtf). America jr., yeah pretty much, especially in Ontario.

Llamas
07-15-2008, 03:34 PM
moose, lumberjacks and maple syrup

Which is exactly how people define Minnesota, too. Though some people (even sometimes Americans) don't realize Minnesota is in the US, and not in Canada... silly people.

Are you Canadian?

Ryder1234
07-15-2008, 03:46 PM
especially in Ontario.

it's not that bad in Victoria, i was just basing my thoughts off what i've seen on tv and from some people from other countries. actually Victoria seems really chilled out compared to most places ive been in canada.

edit: maybe because we would basically be in america if the border didnt go around the island

JohnnyNemesis
07-15-2008, 03:47 PM
If the United States is the best country in the world, then I'm not so sure the world is such a great place.

Mota Boy
07-15-2008, 03:54 PM
Do you think the country in which you live is the best in the world?It's a personal favorite.

The best would be Dubai...You're joking, right?

Steph
07-15-2008, 04:00 PM
I don't really know opinions about Poland...
(Well, maybe that we drink a lot :p)
So could you tell me?
PS Do you even know where it is?? :D

Thomas
07-15-2008, 04:14 PM
I don't know and I don't care if the United States is the best in the world. I love it here and I couldn't imagine living anywhere else. Then again, I'm in a particularly nice town, so whatever.

Sunny
07-15-2008, 04:20 PM
1565 beat me to the Dubai comment. lols.

Now... Poland is pretty, but screwed up beyond belief. The government primarily consists of bigoted, self-righteous, petulant morons; the healthcare is fucked up; and the polish catholic church has way too much influence. Noo thanks.
And what the US is like, well, everyone knows.

As far as Japan goes, I've never been there, but went to school with tons of Japanese people who actually grew up there. From what they told me, the whole "being constantly overworked" thing is not a myth, it's reality. Many Japanese wives see their working husbands so rarely, that when the husbands retire, the women suffer from a shock of sorts - because they feel like there's a stranger in their house. I've been told that the culture can be pretty xenophobic and sexist, not to mention incredibly stressful and high pressure as far as work ethic goes. Ugh, I'll pass.

JohnnyNemesis
07-15-2008, 04:22 PM
The government primarily consists of bigoted, self-righteous, petulant morons; the healthcare is fucked up

That sounds like 'MERICA!!

shanna_guarana
07-15-2008, 04:34 PM
well, I guess Serbia is the worst country to live in....I mean..I love it...but sometimes, it's really hard..to...just...survive...

brian.offspring
07-15-2008, 04:46 PM
i love my country with all the bad things it has, it's not "the best" but i wouldn't ever choose another place to be.

wheelchairman
07-15-2008, 05:31 PM
You're joking, right?
I haven't really researched it, but as far as I understand it if you're a native you're rich.

...only if you're a man.
Well as long as I'm a native man I won't mind so much. Just as long as those women don't rise up and shake the system, that might ruin everything.

Anyways to expand on my answer. I think Denmark is pretty rockin'. Not the best in the world. It has one of the most efficient welfare systems in the world. Sure it's not as comprehensive as Norway, but beer costs a lot more. The nature leaves a lot to be desired, but I have a great view of an industrial harbor that's nice. And the cities look nice. So a lack of mountains are in reality a small sacrifice that I only notice once or twice a year. I don't really have any plans of moving anywhere else, I like where I live.

Generally I think if a person believes they live in the best country in the world they are unimaginative, but having been in at least some different places in the world, I am quite content with Denmark. And if I suddenly had an urge to live anywhere else I can always order their style of food. Also Copenhagen is the world's smallest metropolis*, which is quite cozy in a big city way. Nah I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

*not a fact.

Izie
07-15-2008, 06:57 PM
I like Canadia :D I can't possibly say it's the best ever, since I've only lived in a handful of places, but so far it's my favourite.

Or to be honest, it's Montreal that I love. In some ways it reminds me of home, because it's so alive all the time. And it's a perfect mix of "hey we're North Americans, let's work hard and make loads of money" and "bonjour we're the French, let's go out, eat in great restaurants, drink fine wine and dance the summer nights away".

I'm really not that much of a Toronto-fan, and I'm based there for the summer. Too many creepers, and it's way too much of a jungle (in terms of rudeness and crowds) for my taste.

Cock Joke
07-15-2008, 08:24 PM
I live in the USA! So, that's self explanatory.

Jakebert
07-16-2008, 09:30 AM
America has it's good points, and it's bad points. One of the worst points about America are the people who think that there are no bad points, and that disagreeing with that is hig treason. We like to call them "Republicans".

gala
07-16-2008, 09:59 AM
I live in Italy, we have beautiful view, good food, and a lot of other wonderful things, if you are a tourist
Indeed our government is not really good, especially in this period, Italy is the worst UE country, and with Berlusconi things are getting worst and worst

Smash_Returns
07-16-2008, 10:12 AM
lol, I live in Minnesota (USA), about 70 miles south of the canadian border.

Hey, if America really goes downhill, Its just an hour long drive.

But seriously, I love it here in America. I've been to Europe (Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Northern Italy) and the landscape is beautiful, and I loved it there, I still would perfer to live in America (maybe a vacation house in Europe)

However, I do not think America is the best place in the world. It's WAY too full of itself, and outsourcing is becoming a real problem.

Drafan
07-16-2008, 11:04 AM
Lucky you. We had such bad weather in Slovenia for two days, we had powerfull hail storms allover the whole country. The hail stones destroyed everything, the plants, the crop fields, even the roofs of the buildings. We also had some TORNADOES (the second time we had tornadoes in two or three weeks), and because of them about a quater of the forrests in Slovenia has been destroyed. The damage costs are enormous. The weather metheorologists said we will have to get used to tornadoes, looks like we'll have many more of them. Luckily my home village didn't get hit that hard (here we only had hail storms, but tornadoes were only about 30 kilometers away or so)... Shit is fucked up.

Hm, I didnīt know, I donīt understand how it is possible in such geographical location where Slovenia lies.

Rooster
07-16-2008, 11:47 AM
Hm, I didnīt know, I donīt understand how it is possible in such geographical location where Slovenia lies.

Well, it seems weird for me too. But it happens more and more often (first one 20 years ago, the second and the third last year i think, and now a few in a night - noone knows exactly how many, but there wasn't only one, since 25% of our forrests have been destroyed completely...), and they said that we must get prepared for the furute ones...

zsk
07-16-2008, 12:45 PM

I also think that there is no best country in the world. Germany is ok concerning the landscape. But the society and the people are fucked up.

germany is the same like america in many ways...
germany and america are so akin,many people think germans where lederhosen but only a the bavarians do!
german people wear american clothing,eat american fastfood
(Mc D,Burger king) watch american TV(the simpsons,bill cosby...) and listen to american musichttp://i00.rnhh.de/eu/shared-images/rhaps/a/6/b/a/a867b2ae6bd9bc76d2e3114ec3240e83_580x406.jpg
but i don't think it's the best country,but i voted that because it's one of the best!
i think the best countries are:
Germany
USA
England
Italy
Spain and
Greece

sipptaroowsky
07-16-2008, 01:15 PM
i think the best countries are:
Germany
USA
England
Italy
Spain and
Greece

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The thing that says the most about a country are the people. From my point of view Canada seems like a pretty nice place to live, I even thought about moving there, I'll probably be sent to West Point in 4-5 years and I'm thinking of visiting Canada while there. What do I need to do to become a Canadian citizen? I'm thinking of settling down there permanently, that is if Serbia get's her hands on some nuclear missiles.

Bipolar Bear
07-16-2008, 02:29 PM
Which is exactly how people define Minnesota, too. Though some people (even sometimes Americans) don't realize Minnesota is in the US, and not in Canada... silly people.

Are you Canadian?

Yes.

useless phrase to obtain 10 chars

Mota Boy
07-16-2008, 02:29 PM
I haven't really researched it, but as far as I understand it if you're a native you're rich.Yeah, but the laws aren't exactly conducive to having fun.

Stylie
07-16-2008, 02:38 PM
I live in Norway, and I think that's a great country. The education in Norway are great (as I know of), work/job is great, we have a beautifull landscape (we many tourists) and have all the four temperate seasons, HDI 2.place in the world I think, we're one of the richest countries (if not the richest) and blablabla.

The bad thing now, is that the fuel and diesel (that stuff) price is EXTREAMLY high here in Norway. It's very much in focus now in the politics. I think it's negative, we have one of the highest fuel and stuff-prices in the world now. It's insane, fucking insane. -_-

And yeah, we got all that money, but most of it (maybe not most of it, but many) goes to the immigrants that came to Norway, and I think that's insane too. I'm not a rasist, but we're taking in way to much immigrants to Norway. About some few years, there is 50/50 of norwegians and immigrants in the country (found out via statstics, compared to how much we take in now). :/

We are gonna have a new election now in about a year I think, so I really hope that the politic team FRP will win, they will get down the fuel/diesel price and stop the immigrants and blabla, and I'm 100% agree. As said before, I'm not a rasist, but it's insane how much we take in now these days. Too many.

And I'm really bad to explaine/say this in english, and I could say much more, but it's hard in english. : o

batfish
07-16-2008, 04:02 PM
Denmark isn't the best. The best would be Dubai and being a native there. But Denmark is as close as it gets for us white non muslim oil countries.

A big news story in Britain is that a British woman working in Dubai attended a champagne lunch, got incredibly drunk, and ended up having sex on the nearest beach. Asked to stop by a policeman (who apparently usually give a little leeway to foreigners) she refused. When approached again she assaulted him (i can't remember exactly but i think she tried to hit him) and is about to be jailed. Which makes me incredibly pleased.

Switzerland occurs to me immediately as the "best" country to live in, although I'm not that clued-up on it really. Um, mountains and efficient trains and stuff is about the best i come up with. But its perfection pisses me off, so i don't actually like it much.

I love Britain. Objectively speaking I know it's by no means the best and there's some things I hate about it, such as that woman, but i really wouldn't want to live anywhere else for a long period of time and am a closet patriot (teary eyed at Rule Britannia etc, this is a fairly recent and confusing development, possibly because people criticise Britain such a lot and patriotism is shameful, and so i feel .. sorry for Britain i guess?)

wheelchairman
07-16-2008, 05:02 PM
Yeah, but the laws aren't exactly conducive to having fun.
Yes but if you're rich you don't need to *stay*. I once had a person tell me that if you hit a camel with your car in Dubai you need to drive to the nearest airport and fly away. Cause otherwise the camel owner will claim it was a race camel and suck you dry.

I'm not a rasist, but we're taking in way to much immigrants to Norway. About some few years, there is 50/50 of norwegians and immigrants in the country (found out via statstics, compared to how much we take in now). :/

This is what's called a statistical lie. They use numbers in a way that will make it appear 50/50 in the near future, but it's not true. The same reasoning has been used for decades, also with regards to peak oil, global warming, and every other statistical scare tactic. (The big news these days is that the projections for the amount of world oil that is left are supposed to be about half of what we actually have. Meaning we have twice as much or something. I didn't really care when I heard this.)

A big news story in Britain is that a British woman working in Dubai attended a champagne lunch, got incredibly drunk, and ended up having sex on the nearest beach. Asked to stop by a policeman (who apparently usually give a little leeway to foreigners) she refused. When approached again she assaulted him (i can't remember exactly but i think she tried to hit him) and is about to be jailed. Which makes me incredibly pleased.

I heard about that too. Sure she acted pretty stupidly, but it's hardly a jailable offence. Well it is in Dubai and in any other country in that area she'd get a much much harsher jail sentence, but still. She should just be deported. :p

Which is probably what will happen.

Half-Truist
07-16-2008, 05:38 PM
HELL YEAH

PORTUGAL!!!:D

It's a crappy place to live but the people are nice...at least i'm nice:rolleyes:

I think Portugal is the best country because I'm portuguese(:p) but I also like Germany and the Netherlands(they're the nicest guys I've ever met, I really mean it)..

But the best country to live it's probably Canada .. but I can only speak English so if I end up in a mainly french part of Canada I'm in BIGGG trouble..:D

KHWHD
07-16-2008, 08:14 PM
Born and raised in Canada. Been to a few states in the USA. I find the people aren't as easy going and polite as we are here in Canada. Been to London a few years ago and absolutely loved it. A bit too expensive for me but the people are a lot like Canadians in my opinion. They have awesome sense of humours over in the UK. Born Canadian and will die Canadian. :)

Edit: I'd also like to add that Canadians and Americans are pretty much the same. We're not much different, just we're more polite. And believe me when I say that because my 2 daughters Daddy is from the USA and he agreed with that statement. :D

yulka
07-16-2008, 09:35 PM
russia is the best country in the world just because it's russia...

we have the red square
we have the kremlin
we have st. petersburg
we have beutfil cities, citadels, everything
we're the largest country in the world
we have siberia
we have snow
we have sun
we have t.A.T.u.
we speak russian
russian is the best language

i think that's enough for you to accept we rock!
any problems with that?

KHWHD
07-16-2008, 10:42 PM

any problems with that?

No problems, but I wouldn't say it's the best language in the world. I'd respectfully have to say english is. ;)

Jakebert
07-17-2008, 12:26 AM
we have t.A.T.u.

The judges are very seriously considering your argument, and you are currently the frontrunner.

yulka
07-17-2008, 12:54 AM
really?

okay!

at least someone is taking me seriously

Smash punker
07-18-2008, 08:14 AM
I hate the place, where I was born! :mad: Hopefully was born after the kommunism times! :D

Mota Boy
07-18-2008, 09:03 AM
Yes but if you're rich you don't need to *stay*. I once had a person tell me that if you hit a camel with your car in Dubai you need to drive to the nearest airport and fly away. Cause otherwise the camel owner will claim it was a race camel and suck you dry.A race to the airport, huh?

Doesn't that defeat the point of being the best country in the world if your entire reason for choosing it is so that you can go be rich somewhere else? We ain't talking about the best place to be born, but the best place to be.

Drafan
07-18-2008, 09:05 AM
I hate the place, where I was born! :mad: Hopefully was born after the kommunism times! :D

So depressing post, maybe you should move to Morava, I love it here! :)

wheelchairman
07-18-2008, 09:44 AM
A race to the airport, huh?

Doesn't that defeat the point of being the best country in the world if your entire reason for choosing it is so that you can go be rich somewhere else? We ain't talking about the best place to be born, but the best place to be.

I have no idea though. Perhaps the wealth would offset the unpleasantries. People I know who've worked in Dubai, both men and women, wouldn't mind staying.

Llamas
07-18-2008, 10:40 AM
But is there anything worth spending all your money on in Dubai?? :P

Personally, I know that money wouldn't be able to offset things for me... if you have the attitude of loving money and wanting all kinds of things, I can see why it might make it worth it for some people. I guess I'm just a bum who doesn't mind being broke, though ;)

Sunny
07-18-2008, 10:47 AM
Dubai has tons of luxury shopping. i know one person who currently lives there, and she loves it... but she's from an oil family and goes everywhere with a bodyguard. so. *shrug*

so yes, there's a lot of wealth and a lot of upscale stores, but... nooo thanks.

wheelchairman
07-18-2008, 03:31 PM
I would only need to be ridiculously wealthy and to be able to afford booze. The rest is inconsequential.

I think W.C. Fields said something like that once...

dff_punk
07-18-2008, 04:53 PM
russia is the best country in the world just because it's russia...

we have the red square
we have the kremlin
we have st. petersburg
we have beutfil cities, citadels, everything
we're the largest country in the world
we have siberia
we have snow
we have sun
we have t.A.T.u.
we speak russian

any problems with that?

You forgot vodka :D

Rooster
07-18-2008, 04:57 PM
You forgot vodka :D

quoted for truth

Capricorn4
07-18-2008, 05:20 PM
I live in Hungary and it's obviously not the best country,it has many deficiencies.Sometimes I feel like I need to get out of here immediately,but sometimes I feel like I could live the rest of my life here(because of family and friends).

Landmarks are beautiful,I can relate to many places,I have good memories.The problem itself starts with the politics that we have.It's not really fortunate when the goverment gives away thousend hundred and millions of HUF(Hungarian forints)to good-for-nothing people and ignore all the hardworking.They spend a lot of money on useless things,caring for only themselves.

Unemployment is a huge problem,but what can you do when you only get a job with a relatively good salary when you have connections or you a relative of some important person.Sometimes it's hard to find a fine job even with proper education and that's the Hungarian reality for many of us.

Andy
07-18-2008, 06:39 PM
best countries are:
England

Are you sure you're German?

Sunny
07-19-2008, 05:45 AM
I would only need to be ridiculously wealthy and to be able to afford booze. The rest is inconsequential.

I think W.C. Fields said something like that once...

i actually would love to go to Dubai. at my old job we dealt with tons of hotels in the area, and hoooly shit. they take opulence to a whole new level.

Stylie
07-19-2008, 09:09 AM
This is what's called a statistical lie. They use numbers in a way that will make it appear 50/50 in the near future, but it's not true. The same reasoning has been used for decades, also with regards to peak oil, global warming, and every other statistical scare tactic. (The big news these days is that the projections for the amount of world oil that is left are supposed to be about half of what we actually have. Meaning we have twice as much or something. I didn't really care when I heard this.)
It's not true? Well, let's hope so this time. ^^

pixi
07-24-2008, 08:16 AM
There's no such thing as the best country (or the worst) in the world. You know who thinks that their country is better than the others? Nationalists and racists (of whichever country they live in).

True true and true :)

offspringer24
07-24-2008, 08:37 AM
i live in rip-off britain and its shit :(

offspringer24
07-24-2008, 08:37 AM
oh and jamaica is my fave country

wheelchairman
07-24-2008, 10:16 AM
It's not true? Well, let's hope so this time. ^^

There's no way it's true.

Andy
07-24-2008, 10:51 AM
i live in rip-off britain and its shit :(

Yet your location still says "ENGLAND & PROUD"?

Duskygrin
07-24-2008, 02:13 PM
Yeah, France is the most wonderful country in the world, whatever.

Smash punker
07-28-2008, 08:38 AM
So depressing post, maybe you should move to Morava, I love it here! :)

Ohh, Yeah? And youīd move to the North of the Czech Rep and you gonna hate it here, guarantee! :D Iīve got to move out!

[[Meli.x]]
07-29-2008, 04:18 PM
i hate england. its a shit hole.
but at the end of the day, everything i know is here..
so i cant leave it.

Out on Patrol
07-29-2008, 07:58 PM
I like Argentina... I'm used to traffic jams, murders, thefts, violence, politicians who only think about themselves... military fucKers who swept a whole generation...

On the other hand, there are some things that make it unique in the world. Not only geographically speaking, but also the people, the passion we have, the things we are used to do, eat; the meat, the dulce de leche (hmmmm tasty), the football etc..

Yeah, i like it. :cool:

With its pros and cons, i don't imagine myself living in another country...
i don't think there's a best country in the world.

ZeQuebecois
07-29-2008, 10:01 PM
Yep' I think you can't say that ONE country is better than others... Tastes aren't discutable. I mean, in every single country, the people have their own language (accent), practices, beliefs that are unique, and you can't really change them. And that's what makes the world we live beautiful. Sure, you might have places where it's more dangerous, places where living is hard, where the politics are (too?) strict. But I think that the nicests countries in the world are those where you can be cordially welcome, whoever you are. (And the most originals too, the ones with unique cultures, raffined or not!)

I personnally prefer my Quebec, but it's just because I'm pretty used to our culture, and the people here are pretty welcoming with everyone. There's always a way to deal correctly with someone. I mean, there's no way I'd feel more home than there.

Is it the best country in the world ? I don't think so. But hey, nice thread!:cool:

KHWHD
07-29-2008, 10:16 PM
];1163814']i hate england. its a shit hole.
but at the end of the day, everything i know is here..
so i cant leave it.

I was there about 4 years ago and LOVED it. Was there for 6 days, but really enjoyed myself. A little too expensive for my liking. Beautiful country, NOTHING like Canada and everyone was really nice to me. I'll trade you. You can come live in Canada for 6 months, and my daughters and I'll move to England for 6 months?! :p ;)

nameless
07-30-2008, 03:47 PM
I was there about 4 years ago and LOVED it. Was there for 6 days, but really enjoyed myself. A little too expensive for my liking. Beautiful country, NOTHING like Canada and everyone was really nice to me. I'll trade you. You can come live in Canada for 6 months, and my daughters and I'll move to England for 6 months?! :p ;)

what part of england did you visit?!

zsk
01-10-2009, 08:48 AM
And you're talking about Brazil right?

denmark is poor...

Davo
01-10-2009, 12:59 PM
I voted "There is no best country in the world", because it's true.

Gustavo
01-10-2009, 01:09 PM
I don't think so. My country (Brazil) has a lot of good points, like... We (mostly) don't have to worry (much) about serious weather issues, hurricaines and that kind of stuff. Even though there have been some really big weather problems in places like Santa Catarina and Minas Gerais.
We've got a lot of things to be improved though, such as education, hungryness, politics, homelessness and an endless list of this kinda shit.

I love my country though, it's my favorite one even though I'd very much like to travel abroad.

МЫША
01-10-2009, 01:41 PM
I voted "There is no best country in the world", because it's true. I completely agree with you... ;):)

RageAndLov
01-11-2009, 04:51 PM
Politically, Norway (my country) is one of the best, out of western standards of course. The major politically parties are all socio-democratic, and therefore there are only some small difference between them, and everybody has the smae fundemental opinion and values. Therefore there are very rarely fights or political riots in Norway.

Health insurance is free for everyone, and no capital punishment. Freedom of speach, nearly no sensorship on TV, Newspapers and radio, you are allowed to use profanity on all mediums.

Norway is also a very rich country because of oil. It is a small country in sense of population. 4,7 million habitants. Therefore the living standards are very high, even for western standards. There is almost no povery in Norway as well.

Geographicly Norway is not the best country to live in. It's cold, and in Northern Norway (where I live) there is winter for 6 months. The soil is not very good. Only 3 % is good enough for farming.

UN said in 2008 that Norway is the best country in the world to live in.

Kennytar
01-12-2009, 01:47 AM
There's no best country. Tho I love to live in Estonia. I never wanna move. I'm a patriot :)

Kennytar
01-12-2009, 01:49 AM
Geographicly Norway is not the best country to live in. It's cold, and in Northern Norway (where I live) there is winter for 6 months. The soil is not very good. Only 3 % is good enough for farming.

Norway is really beautiful country. I'd live to visit it.
Well, I think having a 6 month long winter is great :D its almost same here. Tho you have mountains! U lucky bastard!

holland25
01-12-2009, 02:38 AM
I hate living in Slovakia, but I never lived anywhere else...

Rutegard
01-12-2009, 04:54 AM
when i was young my fav country was USA (clinton era)

now i've just come to realise there is no such thing as "best country"

Smash punker
01-12-2009, 07:03 AM
Man Iīve told that many timez before and Iīm going to tell that again. No patriotic stuff is me. Hate the shit in da middle of EU! :D Guess thereīre just a some dreamy places. Nothing else. Wanna move out to some pieceful beatiful place. :D

RageAndLov
01-12-2009, 04:26 PM
Norway is really beautiful country. I'd live to visit it.
Well, I think having a 6 month long winter is great :D its almost same here. Tho you have mountains! U lucky bastard!

Yes, Norway is very beautiful in its own way :)
A lot of mountains, yes. That is the main reason the soil is so bad :p