PDA

View Full Version : Unexpected songs on radio.

Ryder1234
07-16-2008, 02:04 AM
whats a song that you have heard on your radio you wouldnt expect to hear?

right now my station is playing "Me and My Friends" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Anka
07-16-2008, 03:07 AM
I dont listen to any radio station...only when Im in car with family there always plays stupid pop radio... and one day they played Pretty Fly... I was confused and then asked my mom why did she switch the radio to my CD... she looked at me and said that it is radio playing right now...

Free?
07-16-2008, 03:29 AM
I dont listen to any radio station...only when Im in car with family there always plays stupid pop radio... and one day they played Pretty Fly... I was confused and then asked my mom why did she switch the radio to my CD... she looked at me and said that it is radio playing right now...

Hehe... Getting surprised by hearing Pretty Fly on radio. I understand you, that is just an interesting fact:p

Jakebert
07-16-2008, 11:09 PM
The "new rock hits" station here has been playing Bad Religion, early R.E.M., and even a Pixies song lately, which is a big surprise given that the station is usually referred to as the "all 3 Doord Down" station.

Thomas
07-16-2008, 11:13 PM
Every few years or so, I'll hear an Eel's song on the radio, which totally takes me by surprise.

Also, I know they were fairly popular in their time, but I will hear my radio station play a Squirrel Nut Zippers song once in a long while, which is REALLY cool.

jacknife737
07-16-2008, 11:15 PM
It was a little odd the first couple times that I heard Against Me! on the regular radio; Stop! i think even made it to #1 on The Edge's top 30 songs of the week.

Jakebert
07-16-2008, 11:34 PM
It always surprises me when I listen to the radio and hear a song that isn't one of the 10 songs on rotation for that month. I hadn't listened to radio for at least 3 years up until a month ago, and it surprises me how bad it's gotten.

Omni
07-16-2008, 11:42 PM
yeah, shit like Theory of a Deadman (Worst band name ever) has invaded the radio now.

Although, for awhile there, on my drive to work, the "new rock" radio was playing The Clash's "Should I Stay or Should I Go?" every day. Probably at request, but still, THAT'S an old song.

Apathy
07-17-2008, 12:03 AM

I hate to break it to you, but that happens to make perfect sense.

IamSam
07-17-2008, 12:08 AM
Pocket Full of Sunshine by whothefuckever.

That song should not be played on the radio because it is as addictive as fuck. I walked around the flippin' store today with it stuck in my head. Catchy as hell, but as annoying as having a mosquito in your ear.