PDA

View Full Version : Orangello

killboybowerhead
07-16-2008, 10:45 AM
whats up this is my band. We're pretty new.. started mid-january.. So we're still figuring out some stuff. But yeah the Offspring is my favorite band. But any feedback is appreciated, bad included.
Btw im the guitarist.. I structure the songs out on guitar and then we just sort of develop them. I dont write many lyrics and I only sing a few harmonies here and there.
thanks

www.myspace.com/orangellomusic

k i added a poll hoping you guys will give me some anonymous feedback. Dont pick the last selection unless you mean it.. :)
thanks

Free?
08-05-2008, 02:30 PM
That song on myspace was a good one, but I for me you guys are too soft-too-modern-pop-punk, I dislike it (the modern-pop-punk) quite a lot. And I find "The worst part of me" part ways too long and emotional. Just as the manner in which your singer sings. Guitar and other instruments were good though. I would like to hear you doing more aggressive / ironic / sarcastic songs with other than your current vocals. But it's just one man's opinion, don't let it change your mind a lot, I'm pretty sure that you'll have a decent fanbase with your current sound.

killboybowerhead
08-21-2008, 01:15 AM
hmmm well at least one person seemed to have gotten it and another tolerated it. We uploaded a song called King Cobra that is probably a bit more offspring fan friendly. At least I hope. Thanks for the feedback though.

Free?
08-21-2008, 03:09 AM
Cool! The interesting thing about my toughts during first time listening King Cobra is that I was like "cool riffs, catchy", when I've heard the screaming part for the 1st time "meh...", then again "cool", 2nd time screaming part "maybe it's not that bad", then "nice bridge", 3rd screaming "oh well it's actually pretty funny and why not?". So In overall song gets 4.5 out of 5. I love the positive feeling it gives.

killboybowerhead
08-27-2008, 11:56 PM
thanks man! Ya that was me screaming lol. Its for fun, we are just trying to give the listener a break from our singers voice a bit more so it doesnt get too overwhelming. But yeah I like King Cobra the most. The others are pretty dang soft. Which well I dont know, I guess I like the guitar we came up with.. but I think in the beginning you sorta just gotta experiment and see what works for the band. We're still definitely in that stage. Thanks for all the feedback everyone its means a lot that you all checked it out.

T-6005
08-29-2008, 01:34 PM
Well, you guys sound generic, but hey, it's catchy and at least your singer can carry a tune and isn't too annoying sounding, everything sounds good together and you're presenting yourselves fairly well.

Ugh - no screaming, please. It might sound weird, but you guys sound far too light for any screaming. Also, more harmonies, please - maybe in the verse, and louder.

killboybowerhead
08-30-2008, 12:40 PM
Generic? Really? Right now I think we are a little weird. Our singer needs more time to fit to our music. Or we need to start playing some maroon 5 shit lol. I think when he adjusts then yeah id say we sound like a taking back sunday/red jumpsuit apparatus band and then I'm okay with being called generic.

We get a good response to the screaming in general. But yeah i think when we finally sort of come together as a band better everything well make more sense. It takes a lot of time. For the type of band we are where multiple people write and for the most part are responsible for our own parts it involves a lot of compromise.