PDA

View Full Version : You're gonna go far kid, signification of song

Diego06
07-16-2008, 05:05 PM
Someone can say to me what is the signification of the lyrics of this song? what is the signifiacation and subject? I'm searching but i don' find. Some people say it's about politic, some say other things.. help me thank you so much

brothadave79
07-16-2008, 05:36 PM
The song (at least as far as I see it) is about anyone who manipulates those around him for his own ends. This mild sociopath can be just about anyone whether he's a politician, a boss or co-worker, or even just if it's somebody you know personally. Like most offspring songs, the lyrics are precise enough to get the idea across, but applicable enough to relate it to different things.

Ninty Man
07-17-2008, 01:51 AM
I think the correct term is significance or meaning.

I guess the song goes about lies

Diego06
07-17-2008, 05:34 AM
i just founded something: i really believe now that "you're gonna go far kid" contains many references from the book "lord of the flies": story of childrens losts in an island, childrens have to organize themselves for survive and one of them is the leader, he turn all childrens against an other (who don't want the authority of this leader) and he manipulate all the kids with a sort of religion.

Jaded skies
07-17-2008, 10:32 AM
i thought it was about mobsters.

Out on Patrol
07-17-2008, 01:03 PM
i just founded something: i really believe now that "you're gonna go far kid" contains many references from the book "lord of the flies": story of childrens losts in an island, childrens have to organize themselves for survive and one of them is the leader, he turn all childrens against an other (who don't want the authority of this leader) and he manipulate all the kids with a sort of religion.

Yeah, there's a Simpson's episode about that

offspringer24
07-17-2008, 01:05 PM
its about saturday night fever :D

brothadave79
07-17-2008, 01:44 PM
Haha according to IGN:

Holland screams in a song that mocks the rise and fall of a dance hall legend.
Hot dog, we have a wiener! ;)

Rutegard
07-17-2008, 01:52 PM
Yeah, there's a Simpson's episode about that

yeah i saw that one....now it makes sense ehehe